Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

10 Things To Know About Wearing Hair Accessory Like A Grown Up - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 10 Things To Know About Wearing Hair Accessory Like A Grown Up (679 Views)

Woman Steps Out Wearing Unusual Sunglasses (Photos) / Hairstylist Transformed A Bald Woman To Someone With Fully Grown Hair (photos) / See What A Full Grown Man Wore In Public ( Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Things To Know About Wearing Hair Accessory Like A Grown Up by iamjadewale(m): 9:42am On Aug 03, 2015
We’re calling it—hair accessories are back in a big way. From simple to elaborate, you can easily switch up your look from blah to brilliant in a few seconds. However, pulling off a flower crown or silk turban isn’t for your average wallflower. The nerve-wracking fear of looking like you are starring in a period piece might be enough to make you avoid the look altogether. So, we gathered a round table of savvy hair accessory designers to teach us how to rock these bold looks with confidence. Get ready to tie one on in style!
What’s Old Is New Again: 
“Hair accessories have been around for ages—kings and queens were the first ones to jump on the trend,” shares Jennifer Behr, CEO and head designer of her namesake label. “Hair accessories are not so much making a resurgence, but rather they are finally getting the attention they deserve. The designs have also gotten a lot more sophisticated. Ten years ago when I started, hair accessories were purely functional—there was no fashion element.”

Wear What You Want (No Really): 
“I feel that there are no real rules when it comes to personal style,” shares Eric Styles of The Turban Guy. “As long as you feel good and are confident, own your look. Some woman find hair accessories [specifically turbans] intimidating, but think of them the same way you think of a good pump. You can be wearing a tank top and jeans but once you put on a pump, it brings a certain polish to the look. The same can be said of a turban.”
#Werk It at Work
: “Wearing your hair down, with just the front pulled back off your face, paired with a simple headband, is an easy, chic office look,” explain Kailee Steward and Erin Frederick, co-owners of I’m With The Band. “Our scarf turbans look just as chic worn the same way. Plus, they also look great worn with a low bun or ponytail.”
Look Your Age: 
“First off, look for pieces that are good quality,” explains Styles. “A lot more designers are incorporating metal and stone details to the hair accessories that add an adult spin to them. Try to avoid items that are really small or overly ‘girly’ ( i.e. small plastic flowers, colorful butterflies and tiny bows)—look for things that have a certain sophistication like gold accents, lace and feathers.”

Look Stylish (at Any Length): 
“Short and long hair can both wear all of my headbands and wraps,” shares Behr, who’s celeb fans include Madonna, Katy Perry and Lauren Conrad. “I had short hair for years, and headbands were actually great because otherwise you don’t get much variety in styling. If you have a lot of volume in your hair, I would suggest a bigger, solid headband. If your hair texture is fine, I would suggest a barrette to pin it half up half down to give your locks a boost. For short hair, a bobby pin pulling a piece of hair back adds some flare.”
click to read more and see more photos
http://desynme..com/2015/08/10-things-to-know-about-wearing-hair.html

Re: 10 Things To Know About Wearing Hair Accessory Like A Grown Up by archangel101(m): 9:43am On Aug 03, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Clearance On Shoes - Beryllium Nickel / New Hair Styling App In Town! / Be Seen With Dynamies Bead Concept #needmyservice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.