Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

My Judgement About NOUN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Judgement About NOUN (464 Views)

Nigeria’s Hairiest Woman, Queen Okafor Matriculates At NOUN (Photos) / How Relevant Is NOUN Certificate? / 7 Things You Should Know About NOUN- National Open University Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Judgement About NOUN by nuelzy: 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
I have read the different threads about merits and de-merits of NOUN....each of d ops' tried hard enough to buttress their points...convincingly

.....i really cant help but be more convinced that NOUN deserves a chance...#no apology to anyone who thinks otherwise... but this is my JUDGEMENT !!!

....i made a little research to come to this conclusion....

NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA....as d name implies, is an open institution for distance learning...that is, for ppl that dont have the time and leisure of the conventional school system...

it is neither meant for old or young but generally for aspirants that want to further their education whilst working...it has basically study centers all round nigeria...which is supposedly the place one can go for basic informations and due procedures...

its general school activity is mostly online and students teach their selves if they intend to pass...#i guess this is the part ppl hate alot...the tot of being their own tutor...hence d antagonisation

After my research.i discovered dat most point and assumptions made by ppl about the school r false

#noun students are most un-serious weed smokers and lazy fellows.....big false...nawa sef for ppl...even in d conventional universities..we have dis set of ppl in abundance

#noun is for old ppl above thirty yrs...that r working and wants to further their studies....Another lie....this is just like the previous assumption dat CEP aka part-time is for old ppl...bt today young ppl result to that...noun is for all individuals dat intend to work and learn

#their study centres dont look like a university...well thats why it is called a study centre...a branch of the tree...surely nt all branches of a tree are dsame...so their must be differences in each states...what matters is dat d system is dsame...that is...the fruit from all the branches r from dsame tree.

#books and study materials are not available....since the students dont complain.of such...i will term dat as false

#nysc issue...i read somewhere dat its being resolved...bt if u make dat a point...u re correct

#NO solid structure for practical....its being noted dat they just acquired a fund of 4bn for projects such as a world class teaching hospital and others...i suppose dat is taken care of..

basically i discovered more advantages dan harms...it will help reduce corruption in our school system...
its still a matter of choice tho...if u re already in school....i will understand...everyone likes to b d best...and even some r scared of competition...if u re not in.school.yet....no one will force u to enter noun rather u will have to get connected either with ppl or money to go with.d band wagon....

so i think dis judgement is in favour of NOUN
COURT!!!!!!!
Re: My Judgement About NOUN by Adeyinka12(m): 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
OKay,after merit and demerit
Re: My Judgement About NOUN by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
nice point Op lalasticlala ishilove will do d necessary

(1) (Reply)

University Of Calabar (UNICAL) Pre-degree/ PGD Form 15/16 Is On. (081-3124-1212) / Quality Management Training, Metallurgy Training & Design Modelling Training / Check Your 2015/2016 UNILAG Post Utme Result Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.