Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Bachelor- Day3- Why Knot, Why Not - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Bachelor- Day3- Why Knot, Why Not (966 Views)

August Break; Dairy Of A Married Bachelor-day5- Regrets,tears And Blood / AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Bachelor- Day4- Honeymoon Or Honeygloom / AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Barchelor- Day1- One Chance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Bachelor- Day3- Why Knot, Why Not by lyricalpontiff(m): 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2015
As at last year, I wasn’t ready to settle down. I was at the point of my life I could call “auto pilot”. I had it all yet wanted to reach greater heights all by myself especially after my dad gave me a head start. A wife will be a distraction, so I thought but let’s consider the girl in question. Angela isn’t an everyday naija babe, she no be Mr. Biggs chick. She has it all, beauty, brain, elegance, class, money… name it. It remains a man to be called her husband. To me being her king is quite an achievement. I knew she would also buy the idea (who wouldn’t want me all to herself) but my fear was that I wasn’t sure if she was doing it for her parents, the pressure (based on the fact that her younger sister is already engaged), or for the love of marriage. Should I also add “or for the love of me?”
Our planned wedding was like a wild fire and our parents fanned the fire. Before we knew what was happening, wild fires gobbled the forest to the extent that we had no hand in deciding the date for the wedding. They fixed a date in August to suit the availability of their friends and associates. On one of the days, I accompanied my parents to Angela’s house for a visit and I and Angela were excused and we sat down one on one for the first time in our adulthood. She was quite shy and uncomfortable but I wasn’t. We had both been briefed about our wedding by the planners so we chatting for familiarization purposes. From the look in her eyes and the way that she spoke, I knew that the entire wedding idea was her permissive will and not her perfect will.
Angela, the golden girl with an irresistible charm. With a well sculptured shape, immediately I got soaked in her aura. Sugar, spice and everything nice were all loaded in a single capsule called Angela. She looked so cool like the models in an Orange drug advert. She reminded me of what to see when I look for beautiful girls. My words sounded with strength. The hot claws of her eyes raked the womb of my mind. O! How I loved that night I saw her in a black gown. O! How I loved her. I was paralyzed with happiness that I had found my wife. After that day, we met frequently for reasons bordering on our wedding. We had already sent out invitation cards, ashoebi etc. I made a few investigations about her but couldn’t find something substantial. In fact had made up my mind to marry beautiful fiancée and I loved her but couldn’t tell if she loved me. She was a bit weird and was too reserved. She had never called or text me, I did it all based on my mother’s advice. “My son, a woman’s heart is a loamy soil, just bury your seed of love, water it, weed it regularly then her love will grow”. I listen to my parents all the time and I knew that her love wasn’t automatic; therefore I placed marriage before love. So if you ask me WHY KNOT? I will reply WHY NOT?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Introverts In An Extroverted World / The Deadly Love / The Sun Must Shine Episode 1 To 6 (Rich Vs Poor Romance Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.