Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors (52743 Views)

Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor / See What Some Christ Embassy Senior Pastors Were Caught Doing! [pics] / Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 04, 2015
Booty4me:

mumu lee.. who owns it then

Hahaha hahahaha laf wan kill me! You sure have a point there bro, one orijin!
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by vooks: 9:09am On Aug 04, 2015
If that is the church's policy, why would it hurt you?

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by neocortex: 9:51am On Aug 04, 2015
It is more of Adeboye retires church elders challenging his authority. grin
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by Olaphysics(m): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2015
Retirement ke??...well, they are pastors not prophet of God...#Shikena
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by Austine77(m): 10:24am On Aug 04, 2015
My problem with redeem church is that their pastors are more than their members
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 04, 2015
CEtoO:

Good question

Hes the GO and owner of the business, he cant retire. grin
The only difference between a GO and GOD is the letter D grin
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by judeodion(m): 10:55am On Aug 04, 2015
Ask4bigneyo:
Do Pastors retire? Tot they are working for God

Let's respond with maturity. If you can't say anything without destructive criticism, better don't say anything.

Back to the topic... It's one thing to work for God and another thing to work for Church. They have not stopped God's work but may have stopped Church work. Our Saviour Jesus was not doing Church work but God's work... "I must work the works of Him who sent me...
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by farem: 11:13am On Aug 04, 2015
himkers:
A Redemmer till Buhari becoms a christian

You may be on your way out of Jesus because NOBODY is beyond Redemption ANYTIME!

Do you know what it means to be a Christian? I fear because you base your own on conversion of mere mortal.
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by Olaphysics(m): 11:31am On Aug 04, 2015
kaeforum:

Hes the GO and owner of the business, he cant retire. grin
The only difference between a GO and GOD is the letter D grin
smh...do u really mean dis??
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by Jozzy4: 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
iyketech:
. It is, jesus said he had to lookk after his father's business, working for God is not just a business but a very serious business!

Pls and please , dont associate Jesus with all this fake modern day pastorpreneurs ! Can you show us the statement in bold from the bible ? Can you ?
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
Olaphysics:
smh...do u really mean dis??

wetin be your own?? angry
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by intercom: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
I will comment later.
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by Famodav: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
CEtoO:

Good question

let his Employer (THE ALMIGHTY GOD) make that decision.
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by Famodav: 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
Tolexander:
When will Pastor Adeboye retire since the retirement age is 70?

Let His Employer (THE ALMIGHTY GOD) make that decision.
Its is fathers business...
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by merits(m): 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
Cutehector:
Wait wait wait... Does one retire in workin for d lord? Like pastorin is some sort of job...
xtian are just confuse.how can sum1 retire 4m servin God again?dts y i lyk islam.if u ar nt satisfy wit my word hit like
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by osomegbe(m): 9:20pm On Aug 04, 2015
Austine77:
My problem with redeem church is that their pastors are more than their members
Please show me where they are because we're looking for some to open a parish for.
The harvest is many but labourers are few.
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by lomprico(m): 7:02am On Aug 05, 2015
Booty4me:

dumbfucck .. he is the owner of the church undecided
Dumb and dumberfuck!....... adeboye is not the owner of rccg.
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by lomprico(m): 7:26am On Aug 05, 2015
amofah1:
me i wonder oo i still de wait to hear pope retirement
U no hear say the previous pope retire?
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by lomprico(m): 7:30am On Aug 05, 2015
judeodion:

Let's respond with maturity. If you can't say anything without destructive criticism, better don't say anything.

Back to the topic... It's one thing to work for God and another thing to work for Church. They have not stopped God's work but may have stopped Church work. Our Saviour Jesus was not doing Church work but God's work... "I must work the works of Him who sent me...
So we should stop going to church then or church going should not be compulsory....oh! Wait the pastors wont agree on this, no more tithes n offerings for them abi. Double standards undecided
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by Booty4me: 8:01am On Aug 05, 2015
lomprico:

Dumb and dumberfuck!....... adeboye is not the owner of rccg.

Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by judeodion(m): 9:00am On Aug 05, 2015
lomprico:

So we should stop going to church then or church going should not be compulsory....oh! Wait the pastors wont agree on this, no more tithes n offerings for them abi. Double standards undecided

I didn't say you should stop going to Church Sir. Go to Church and serve your God. If you don't truly love God you may find yourself talking carelessly about Him and His mission. Church is a business, yes. It's God's business! Be guided Sir
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by judeodion(m): 9:25am On Aug 05, 2015
emmalezy:

The Redeemed Christian Church of God announced the retirement of 20 Senior Pastors who have attained the age of 70.

The announcement was made at the conclusion of this year’s ministers’ conference (it yearly preceedes the convention) with the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor E. A Adeboye.

Six of the pastors received awards of Excellence while the remaining 14 got the award of “Fruitful”. Moreover, they all received the G.O’s handshake, plaques and undisclosed sums of money. The church thanked the retirees and prayed for them.
Also, the church gave awards to some of its pastors who have put in 20 years and above. They are in the categories of 20, 25 and 30 years.

To prevent the health crises recorded during the marathon fast declared by the church last year, Adeboye advised members to always break with pap or other soft items, rather than solid food which takes longer time to digest.

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2015/08/adeboye-retires-20-senior-pastors.html

Half baked Christians everywhere. Young boys and girls who can't uphold the faith. By guess, 60%or more of people on this forum would claim to be Christians(but don't really understand what it means). Very many have no foundation in God. Many don't study their Bibles anymore. Many don't know Jesus at all. If you don't know Jesus and you don't understand what Pastor is saying or doing, what then do you do? Be sincere My friend. This is what happens... You get tired of the whole thing and start calling it business. Some even quit and become atheist and some seize it as excuse to sit at home and say say "am serving God in my heart". Know the God you serve. Serve Him with fear. Regard Him and His business. Am not a Pastor but I fear(Reverence) God. Well, truth is... Not all who say they're Christians truly are. Those half baked ones are the ones giving the Church a bad name and face... Having this seal dearly beloved, the Lord knows them that are His. God bless you
Re: Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors by judeodion(m): 9:36am On Aug 05, 2015
lomprico:

Know God for yourself. Have you been looking for excuse not to go to church? I didn't say so. Stick to my point and don't derail... With respect to the topic, I said the pastors knew the policy that after 70years of age, they retire from church work but are still in God's work. What's double standard there I hope you are not the type who avoids the truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When You Try To Take A Selfie In Church (Photo) / Adeboye & Wife Surprise Local RCCG Parish With A Visit (Photos) / 2019 Prophecies: Paul Enenche Reveals What God Told Him Will Happen In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.