Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,165 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:08 AM

Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch (2192 Views)

N5,000 Stipend: Opposition, Labour, Others Attack Buhari … PUNCH / Nigeria Risks Economic Decline –buhari: Punch / Don’t Give Fashola Appointment,civil Society Group Tells Buhari-PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by Benite: 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
Resident doctors demand probe of teaching
hospitals’ accounts

Medical practitioners, under the aegis of the
National Association of Residents Doctors, have
called on President Muhammadu Buhari to
institute a forensic audit of the 54 federal tertiary
hospitals in the country.
NARD President, Dr. Prince Dan-Jumbo, who
spoke at a briefing in Lagos on Monday, said the
audit would help clear or establish allegations of
mismanagement of funds and inflated spending
on personnel that the association had levelled
against the management of some teaching
hospitals.
He stated that the call was part of the
association’s resolutions at the end of its
National Executive Council meeting held at the
weekend at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching
Hospital, Ile-Ife, Osun State, with the theme, ‘A
Vibrant Residency Training Programme: An
Imperative for National Development’.
Dan-Jumbo accused the Chief Medical Directors
of 34 federal health institutions of disobeying a
circular issued by the Federal Government that
skipping should be implemented for doctors as it
was done for health workers.
According to him, the non- implementation of the
circular is responsible for the pockets of strike by
resident doctors in these tertiary institutions in
the country.
Dan-Jumbo said, “Some management of some
teaching hospitals have claimed that they do not
have funds to pay resident doctors who are
supposed to benefit from this policy. But our
parent body – Nigerian Medical Association -had
directed that these institutions, which claim they
don’t have the financial backing to commence
payment, to open their records for forensic
personnel audit. They are yet to do so.
“NARD also wrote to the Ministry of Finance in
the past administration that it should audit these
hospitals. We were rebuffed by the Federal
Ministry of Health to go home and face our
studies. But we cannot continue an era whereby
people, who have been given the mandate to
manage these institutions, now turn them to
private business when Nigerians are in dire need
of health care.
“As doctors and stakeholders in the sector, who
are willing to render service, we cannot fold our
hands and watch innocent Nigerians die over the
greed and selfish interest of management of these
institutions. That is why we are calling on our
members to engage with these institutions so as
to know their true financial strength and not to
ask for any bailout,”

http://www.punchng.com/news/resident-doctors-demand-probe-of-teaching-hospitals-accounts/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by mecuzee(m): 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
Please be patient as we have a long queue on EFCC list.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by Jesusfallsatan(f): 7:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
Yes! Messi is better than C.Ronaldo
Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by Jesusfallsatan(f): 7:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
Yes! Messi is better than C.Ronaldo
Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by Pierocash(m): 7:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
season of probe.naija men be like 'come probe my wife on Hw she used d feeding allowance

2 Likes

Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by hisprinceship: 7:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
Oh wEnger
Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by Benite: 7:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
cc lalastica, ishilove this na fp material
Do the needful pls

Buhari needs to do something this people have been on strike for long.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by creekman(m): 8:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
NARD pls publish d names of all CMD's of d various teaching hospital for easy probe by EFCC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by omogin(f): 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2015
these CMDs and the permanent Secretary fed ministry of health have grounded the health sector with so much corrupt practices. I learnt the CMD of University of Benin teaching hospital, told his close associates shortly after PMB's victory at the polls, that he may resign for fear of been disgraced out of office following a probe.
Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by omogin(f): 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
mecuzee:
Please be patient as we have a long queue on EFCC list.

lol... souls are perishing bro
Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by omogin(f): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
The CMD of UCH holidaying in the usa while the hospital has been shut for 4 months. Lol... Nigeria is such a lovely country. Just have a political godfather in power and you are FULLY covered
Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2015
omogin:
these CMDs and the permanent Secretary fed ministry of health have grounded the health sector with so much corrupt practices. I learnt the CMD of University of Benin teaching hospital, told his close associates shortly after PMB's victory at the polls, that he may resign for fear of been disgraced out of office following a probe.
Prof Ibadin??
Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
PMB abeg come and probe my relationship with my gurlfriend o! She's acting funny this days! Suspecting that she's listening to WAILING fm
Lolzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by Aromas: 10:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
PMB abeg come and probe my relationship with my gurlfriend o! She's acting funny this days! Suspecting that she's listening to WAILING fm
Lolzzzzz
Send her contact details to me, and I'll summon her for interrogation

1 Like

Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by Aromas: 10:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
Seriously the corruption going on in dis sector is very barbaric and outrageous. Over to you Baba
Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
Aromas:

Send her contact details to me, and I'll summon her for interrogation
08034285671..be discrete pls!
Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by Aromas: 10:56pm On Aug 03, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Ok na....
Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by mecuzee(m): 11:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jacob Effiong you be transgender?
LouisVanGaal:
Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by omogin(f): 11:50pm On Aug 03, 2015
I hope the govt uses one person to show example to entire country how not to be corrupt.
Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by Benite: 4:58am On Aug 04, 2015
Govt really needs to do something about this strike.

1 Like

Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by kennyman2000(m): 5:22am On Aug 04, 2015
Hmmmmm...
Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by Nobody: 5:30am On Aug 04, 2015
Corruption in the health sector is the highest level of evil. Buhari needs a psycho health minister. I don't know why El Rufai is advising baba wrongly. Min of Health needs a minister immediately.

1 Like

Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by azzima(m): 8:45am On Aug 04, 2015
Stealing in every damn place while the C n C was sleeping. He said he didn't give a damn anyway.i have never witnessed such impunity in my life.

1 Like

Re: Probe Teaching Hospitals’ Accounts Resident Doctors Urge Buhari - Punch by Benite: 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
this strike na wa no update

(1) (Reply)

Igbo-yoruba Beef Getting Boring / Buhari Should Not Ignore What Is Happening In The East / Will You Still Vote For Buhari Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.