Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,791 members, 7,798,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria (22001 Views)

How Silverbird Uyo Bungled Movie Premiere With Failed Generators / Silverbird Cinemas Ikeja(shoprite) Vs Silverbird. Galleria(lekki) / Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by iice(f): 5:03am On Aug 23, 2006
My friend went home last year, he was mennnnnn cinema too expensive, he had a date and he blasted like 10k that night, hin vex eh i laff tire for am. Love cinemas, but am happy naija's improving on that level, when they get enuf branches, prices will go down, plus one gas take the economic situation into consideration. Atleast there is students discount which is an incentive grin Even though cinemas are relatively cheap where i am, i usually just go them to watch a movie i feel is worth watching on the big screen so i kindda have a large collection of dvds grin
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by cuddles(f): 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2006
could someone please help me out,i'd like to know wot site to go to inorder to watch movies for free, help pleeeeeeeeeease

as per silverbird cinemas,the place is expensive,i mean u end up spendin about 2k if ur buyin pocorn and coke,its a ripoff, citimall opposite muson centre also shows movies and its half d prize and d place is just as fine as silverbird
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by soulpatrol(f): 7:23pm On Aug 23, 2006
are we ever going to be satisfied with anything? those that opened silverbird cinema should be given more credit for what theyve done. haba. before they came, could we boast of any decent cinemas in nigeria? or you want to call those dirty shacks that show indian movies cinemas? c'mon now, silverbird is fairly new, they have to make their money back at first somehow. and 1500 is not that bad, its pretty much how much we pay here abroad $7- $10 and we're students too!
besides i think people should go to the movies for the experience, watching it with others and having a laugh beats watching it alone at home anytime! moreover you dont have to go to the movies all the time. could be once a week or once in 2 weeks.
give them time, theyll expand and prices might come down. would be nice to see naija movies in the cinema as well, and that would only happen if the quality of the acting improves. who would want to pay 1500 for a crappy naija movie? not me! grin
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by djrandom(f): 11:38pm On Aug 24, 2006
Please, cut Silverbird some slack. Its OK. They're doing it right. Its not easy to bring recent stuff to Naija. Abeg, haven't u noticed that when it comes to International Media, its like Nigeria dozn't exist. When the cinema culture becomes popular, everything will be OK. As per the showing of Nigerian movies, that's not a very good idea cuz to make people come see it, u'd hv to release the DVD or rather VCD of the movie 3 or even 6 mths later (like abroad) but that'll lead to piracy.
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by Vieira(m): 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2006
Cuddles bittorrent is your friend. mininova.org
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2006
i checked this post and i'm still surprised that people say silverbird is expensive

there prices are comparable to cinema places ALL OVER the world

and about popcorn being expensive haba cinemas worldwide don't let u bring food in unless u sneak it in.
so if popcorn expensive why u dey buy am now

maybe some of the people who are complaining its expensive have never been there, its N500 for students and kids most days except weekends and publicholidays(which is expected cos how else will they make money)
its N850 on mondays with FREE popcorn and drink
N700 on wednesday (no popcorn or drink)

so now whats the problem, watching a movie is a choice or is it because we watch films that we think watching a movie should be like buying bubble gum

lets be serious Nigerian movies are not made on celluloid so showing them via screen ?
they sell naija movies for N350 so how would a cinema make money by showing a Naija film now when NOLLYWOOD'S medium of marketing is VCD's

people think now!
yet silverbird has shown naija films in the past
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by dblock(m): 5:13am On Aug 29, 2006
How do you people expect silverbird galleria to be freakin cheap
-Think about the cash to keep the generator running
cinema houses elsewhere don't have that pressure
Think about the cash to keep the place secure. If you've got a problem
Debate and get shut up or build your own cinema house and we'll see if
customers wil say it's cheap
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by kboy2z(m): 1:27am On Oct 10, 2006
Silverbird Cinema is the bomb and is the most beautiful place i would say you can get to chill over the weekend, And all you people Silverbird no be 1500 again ooooooo, The price don come down well well, I de go like 3 times a week now na 500 for student and 1000 for adults so me de pay 500 for each movie and i de enjoy am well well,
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by saintkola(m): 7:24am On Oct 10, 2006
d cinemas rock. d day i watchd snakes on a plane, i nearly freaked out- just too real !
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by pjobaby(f): 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2007
Please like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/Hariss.Enterprises
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by alabiyemmy(m): 6:16pm On Feb 24, 2007
quote author=pjobaby link=topic=25.msg914874#msg914874 date=1172337297]
At Cubes, d bar in silverbird galleria, there is a lady by name Lily who acts like a LovePeddler. Does anyone know her? Please caution her.
[quote][/quote]

if u know her - why dont u caution her? and how does a LovePeddler behave?[
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by Seun(m): 6:44pm On Feb 24, 2007
Maybe she refused to go out with him?
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by McDreamy: 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2007
@Seun

LOL!

LMAO!!

Nice one, a very huge possibility,
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 7:05am On Apr 30, 2007
Nice picture of the Silverbird Galleria.
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by pjobaby(f): 11:39am On Nov 11, 2007
Please like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/Hariss.Enterprises
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 11, 2007
Hacker's comment removed!!!
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by eroyapa: 12:47am On Apr 05, 2008
silverbird cinemas is the best in NIgeria
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by spoilt(f): 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2008
I saw I AM LEGEND in Nigeria when i visited in Dec 07 . It was alright. I have no complaints. The food in the food court is expensive though. Ridiculously so.
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by NobleOnye(f): 4:21pm On Dec 27, 2008
Hello!, Its a cinemas!, for showing movies!,movies that hit box office worldwide!, how can u be talking of nigerian"whateva",they havent even gotten to the 'movie' stage, they are still called home videos!, pls leave silverbird alone!, and shut up about that 'silverbird not promoting nigerian film industry crap',
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:36am On Mar 29, 2009
hello guyz does anyone know when silverbirds cinema is officially opening in port harcourt ? they are 95% finishing stage right now. cant wait!
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by phantom(m): 4:24pm On Mar 29, 2009
Sometime in first week of april i gather, Hold ur breath, Lol
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2009
thanx mate
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by KAshKase: 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2009
Silverbird Cinemas has a poorly developed website. The website displays stale movies. There is also no option for booking or seat reservations online. One would have to be present at the galleria to make a reservation. This makes the place rowdy and crowded. I strongly believe an action should be taken to correct this issue. I must also say that the website is unattractive and promotes no customer loyalty.
More attractive offers from Genesis Deluxe cinemas leave the viewing halls Silverbird poorly populated more than half of the day.
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by KAshKase: 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2009
They should work on their food prices and make their website more attractive for re-visits! Probably take a Q from facebook, myspace et all.
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by Abbygyal(f): 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2009
lol @ posts. . . . .Silverbird is bossssssssssss lool

i knw nt everyone in Naija will have the opportunity to go there. . .buh d costs of production talkless of revenue leaves dem no option dan to make their services expensive,

Here in the UK. . .going to a cinema to watch a movie is not expensive buh buying d popcorns and all wiv wipe ur quids away lol.x
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by tosinajayi: 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2009
What is the matter with you all, you na no get DVD for house? Silverbird Cinemas are there to take your money and play you old flims beside why most you guys use 1500k to watch just movie, to me l think that is silly man every soon you will find out that , Silverbird Cinemas as open another Cinemas at another location with your guys money ooo,. if you na no get DVD go buy one oooo,

1 Like

Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by smurf1(f): 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2009
The place where chica's be begging for pop corn? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by hngprincess: 4:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
You'll find that the cinema is not so expensive these days.There's a great place to get information about Silverbird Cinemas nationwide. https://hotels.ng/guides/destinations/silverbird-cinemas-locations-ticket-prices-nationwide/
Thank me later

cuddles:
could someone please help me out,i'd like to know wot site to go to inorder to watch movies for free, help pleeeeeeeeeease

as per silverbird cinemas,the place is expensive,i mean u end up spendin about 2k if ur buyin pocorn and coke,its a ripoff, citimall opposite muson centre also shows movies and its half d prize and d place is just as fine as silverbird
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by meobizy(f): 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2018
ashley:
Seun make I give you advice:

If it is too expensive as you say it is (I don't know because I haven't even smelt the place yet) then ask any always updated CD shop near you and buy 20 naira popcorn in your area, get a chilled bottle of coke (it could be two if the film is so long) and watch the movie. God I bet you will enjoy it more than I do.

Catch ya wink
I swear to God I always hate this thing Nigerians do and suggest for others. Not everything deserves a low budget or ghetto alternative.
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by meobizy(f): 4:27pm On Jul 04, 2018
There's no better experience than watching a new blockbuster at the cinema. Apart from noisy teenagers sometimes it's something I'll recommend to anyone. I commend silverbird for bringing cinema culture back to Nigeria.
Re: Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria by meobizy(f): 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2018
Vieira:
Silverbird

I visited the cinema complex known as Silverbird while in Naija and I have to give credit where credit is due.

The place is a nice joint and cannot be knocked.

The actual building is well lit and airy and is as good as any UCI complex in London and actually better than a few!!

The actual theatres themselves were upto standard and very clean, I watched two movies while in Lagos, Elektra and National Treasure.

The video and sound quality was very good and comparable to most local cinemas in Jand but nowhere near THX quality or DTS which you will get from the best cinema's in the UK, but i am sure that is only a matter of time.

The popcorn to me was the biggest surprise of all!! It was better than ANY i have EVER had, and that covers both the UK and the US!!!

I could go just for the popcorn alone!

Another big plus for Silverbird is that in the complex is a joint called Cubes which is like a bar where people can hang out and dance, while very pricey it was a classy joint.

I give Silverbird a classy 8/10
How in heaven's name does popcorn taste better than popcorn?

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Annoying Things Nigerians Do In Cinemas / BBNaija: “I Want Rico Swavey To Cook For Me" - Lady / Most Interesting TV Adverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.