Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,378 members, 7,781,060 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:13 AM

20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) (205685 Views)

Igbo Names And Their Funny Direct Translations / EDOLAND Teach Me Edo With English Translations...Emwen Edo Na Zedu Ere Y'ebo / 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses (with Direct English Translations) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by philfrey08: 9:13am On Aug 04, 2015
Nice i would say..
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Houseofglam7(f): 9:13am On Aug 04, 2015
cheesy
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by LatestTrend: 9:13am On Aug 04, 2015
tongue

[ quote author=chowlade post=36582208]
My grandfather was Babalawo, he died April of this year... cry. he thought me alot of things like this

pls reduce the font size. u r occupying alot of space[/quote]
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Merryglad(f): 9:13am On Aug 04, 2015
How about Magun,OP pls can you translate it?

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by ojnnaco(m): 9:13am On Aug 04, 2015
chowlade:
1.Ijaya
(To Frighten). A charm used in frightening an adversary or an antagonist in a place of work, school e.t.c or is there anyone you want to take advantage of that you want him/her to keep mute while you express your opinion and explore every good things to your advantage. Ijaya will do it all. it causes overwhelming fear unreasonably to human and animals.

2.Eru
(Fear) if you place someone on "Eru" he or she will be afraid of you for life when around your vicinity

3.Mayehun (Refuse me not) it is used when you want a person to grant your request after a command is made) could be used in wooing a lady, request money from people, Miser, tight-fisted friend or wealthy man. There is a simple incantation that goes with some Mayehun formulas:

"In Yoruba Language; Orun Lo ngba towo omode Orun Lo ngba towo agba " x5

Translation: "Sleep takes from the young Sleep takes from the old Part of the preparation goes thus. You put a cowry (cowrie shell) in each hand when going to sleep . The following morning it would have dropped from your hands. Pick them up and pound them (to powder) with the herbs"

4.Afose
(To Speak and come to pass or Speak and happen) is a quite advance form of Ase. it is usually prepared with black soap
and put inside an Animal's horn e.g Cow's, Antelope's, Cow' e.t.c
Whenever Afose is Spoken with happens immediately or later in the future depending on the potency of the charm or the nature
of the issue the Afose is addressing.

Yoruba forefathers possessed some Afose to address nature elements such as rain, fire, outbreak e.t.c and on the negative size to curse(Epe)
I personally had one that i use to stop a car from starting also have seen one that is use to dry up a very big tree in three days.
The tree was cursed with that Afose
with Afose you could place a curse on somone or any Object be it animated or Non.

5.Gbetugbetu
This is more of a hypnotizing charm. The person under the spell doesn't really know what he is doing. It is used in compelling people to do the most impossible things. Things they would naturally not do or refuse to do. It is somewhat difficult to prepare but there are some simple formulas too, however they also vary in degree of potency. The powerful ones that I know has in it as part of its ingredients the rope that a man hanged himself with. To illustrate its power I would narrate an incident that happened which was manipulated by the use of Gbetugbetu. A friend once used it to call a stubborn but pretty lady into his room. (Normally she would have shunned him right off.) When she got inside he commanded her to strip, which she instantly did, but he didn't touch her. 3 days later the girl came to her senses, she confronted my friend and an argument broke out. It was settled but after that incident the girl avoided my friend from then onwards. Moral of story -- You don't play such jokes 'cos you've got the power. Our forefathers used it when they were attacked by a gang of thieves; they just commanded them to fight (each other) or hand over their weapons

6.Olugbohun
The "sound picker." It is believed to be a powerful spirit that picks whatever is said and makes it happen, if not immediately very soon. (Even if u mistakenly curse your children out of frustration.) Now this is not a genie that will drop things physically in front of you, like food, wine and a flying carpet. However it will create a situation that will cause your request to be met. It is not kept in the house but far away in the bush and its consulted only once in a while.

7.Ase
(To command Power and authority) it has the ability to make whatever Statement you make to come to pass or happen or ability to compel anything to compel to your will which include Animated and inanimated object)

By Chowlade
Chooooooooi... I just de wonder how u know all this at dis early stage of ur life ..... I don't think u need to go to school again cox u have seen ur future

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by adedayourt(m): 9:14am On Aug 04, 2015
ALL D BABALAWO ON NL
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by MsTIQ(m): 9:14am On Aug 04, 2015
Ehen! This one is serious oo grin
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by chax100(f): 9:15am On Aug 04, 2015
and [b][/b]MAGUN (Thunderbolt) Do not climb!!!

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Traveller11: 9:15am On Aug 04, 2015
What a load of cra.p

3 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by timota(m): 9:15am On Aug 04, 2015
U forget to put mbatu :the charm for emptying money in central bank and gbengu: the charm that will help u win presidential election

8 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by fransixe(m): 9:15am On Aug 04, 2015
Yoruba with Charms.....make una no turn here to CharmLand oh....and besides, I sorry for all of una wey the trust all these charms, they will fail you people.... cheesy

9 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by adjoviomole(m): 9:15am On Aug 04, 2015
:DOp I dey fear u o cheesy.does ur bf know about all this? And some atheist will say der is no God,what about charms n witches n Wizard?
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Chartey(m): 9:15am On Aug 04, 2015
chowlade:
1.Ijaya
(To Frighten). A charm used in frightening an adversary or an antagonist in a place of work, school e.t.c or is there anyone you want to take advantage of that you want him/her to keep mute while you express your opinion and explore every good things to your advantage. Ijaya will do it all. it causes overwhelming fear unreasonably to human and animals.

2.Eru
(Fear) if you place someone on "Eru" he or she will be afraid of you for life when around your vicinity

3.Mayehun (Refuse me not) it is used when you want a person to grant your request after a command is made) could be used in wooing a lady, request money from people, Miser, tight-fisted friend or wealthy man. There is a simple incantation that goes with some Mayehun formulas:

Translation: "Sleep takes from the young Sleep takes from the old Part of the preparation goes thus. You put a cowry (cowrie shell) in each hand when going to sleep . The following morning it would have dropped from your hands. Pick them up and pound them (to powder) with the herbs"

4.Afose
(To Speak and come to pass or Speak and happen) is a quite advance form of Ase. it is usually prepared with black soap
Whenever Afose is Spoken with happens immediately or later in the future depending on the potency of the charm or the nature

Yoruba forefathers possessed some Afose to address nature elements such as rain, fire, outbreak e.t.c and on the negative size to curse(Epe)
I personally had one that i use to stop a car from starting also have seen one that is use to dry up a very big tree in three days.
with Afose you could place a curse on somone or any Object be it animated or Non.

5.Gbetugbetu
This is more of a hypnotizing charm. The person under the spell doesn't really know what he is doing. It is used in compelling people to do the most impossible things. Things they would naturally not do or refuse to do. It is somewhat difficult to prepare but there are some simple formulas too, however they also vary in degree of potency. The powerful ones that I know has in it as part of its ingredients the rope that a man hanged himself with. To illustrate its power I would narrate an incident that happened which was manipulated by the use of Gbetugbetu. A friend once used it to call a stubborn but pretty lady into his room. (Normally she would have shunned him right off.) When she got inside he commanded her to strip, which she instantly did, but he didn't touch her. 3 days later the girl came to her senses, she confronted my friend and an argument broke out. It was settled but after that incident the girl avoided my friend from then onwards. Moral of story -- You don't play such jokes 'cos you've got the power. Our forefathers used it when they were attacked by a gang of thieves; they just commanded them to fight (each other) or hand over their weapons

6.Olugbohun
The "sound picker." It is believed to be a powerful spirit that picks whatever is said and makes it happen, if not immediately very soon. (Even if u mistakenly curse your children out of frustration.) Now this is not a genie that will drop things physically in front of you, like food, wine and a flying carpet. However it will create a situation that will cause your request to be met. It is not kept in the house but far away in the bush and its consulted only once in a while.

7.Ase
(To command Power and authority) it has the ability to make whatever Statement you make to come to pass or happen or ability to compel anything to compel to your will which include Animated and inanimated object)

By Chowlade

I love you already.

4 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by xtervaganza(m): 9:16am On Aug 04, 2015
Every sane man should have most of these you listed

4 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Bdemmy(m): 9:16am On Aug 04, 2015
Op how much is one dozen of Amudo?

10 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Lordaweezy: 9:16am On Aug 04, 2015
Hahaha....... Charm caster grin
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 04, 2015
If you are truly child of God, this charms will never work on you.

With the blood of Jesus, it will return back to the sender in Jesus name.

Amen.

For God is great than the greatest including any form of juju/charm.

Please do not patronize this guy is just looking for members in evil doing.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by UncleSnr(m): 9:17am On Aug 04, 2015
Waiting for the Hard-Core Christians to come and sell Jesus!

3 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by 9jafreshest: 9:18am On Aug 04, 2015
If u stay in Ibadan and u need d infinix hot note pro , I have them plenty. At d rate of #28,500

Infinix hot at d rate of #17,500

Just call 09099132516
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by deavicky(m): 9:18am On Aug 04, 2015
Is there no charm that help someone get husband. I'm just asking cos I know some people here might need it.

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by hertheytheydgee(m): 9:18am On Aug 04, 2015
[center][size=8pt]have you heard about "FOBAN"?, if you have foban, and someone shoots you. the gun will break, and the bullet will head back to the sender[/size][/center]
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by kulobyno: 9:18am On Aug 04, 2015
African science. Why is it that most if not all are used to achieve negative feats. Why are their none that can build bridges and equipment or machineries to ease tasks

5 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by darlenese(f): 9:18am On Aug 04, 2015
This is why it is good to be prayerful , so people still do charms sad

6 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by tenry(m): 9:18am On Aug 04, 2015
chowlade:
1.Ijaya

2.Eru

4.Afose

5.Gbetugbetu

6.Olugbohun

7.Ase

By Chowlade
Is your father babalawo? Okare omo egbedi oloogun...

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by fransixe(m): 9:19am On Aug 04, 2015
AlphaMoi:
Nawa oo..to date sm1 like u na risk oo..Lol
I tell you...this kind babe go use you take do breakfast for her juju one day

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by mrvitalis(m): 9:19am On Aug 04, 2015
Which of this can be verified on a video??

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by luckmike(m): 9:19am On Aug 04, 2015
Listen, share, download, like, promote, and dance to this banging tune from FIBEH Nigerian best female rapper at the moment...
Listen and download..

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/896d1a08

Video coming soon
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by kellyvoski12b(m): 9:19am On Aug 04, 2015
What is the moral of this post?? angry sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by sanmibukunmi: 9:19am On Aug 04, 2015
ITSAWRAPP:
hehehehehhe grin
What about MADARIKAN?
Somebody help with the english translation cheesy

Fellow Nairalanders, please check out our incredible offer below
Hahahaha.....my project supervisor accused me of using this, he say anytime he wants to punish me for smtin I did, he forgets
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by babyfaceafrica: 9:19am On Aug 04, 2015
ITSAWRAPP:
hehehehehhe grin
What about MADARIKAN?
Somebody help with the english translation cheesy

Fellow Nairalanders, please check out our incredible offer below
do not touch me..its used like a bullet proof to wrd off chrms from enemies
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 04, 2015
WITCHDOCTORS BRINGS THEIR CAMPAIGN TO NAIRALAND

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Benin Art And Architecture / HAUSALAND: Teach Me Hausa / The Culture Lounge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.