Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,469 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) (206512 Views)

Igbo Names And Their Funny Direct Translations / EDOLAND Teach Me Edo With English Translations...Emwen Edo Na Zedu Ere Y'ebo / 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses (with Direct English Translations) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by jamesolibng: 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2015
you forgot to tell them evil side of them-THE CONSEQUENCES THEREAFTER!

2 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by TheDauraMallam: 7:09am On Aug 10, 2015
Onijagidijagan:
Male or female can use Amudo to date anybody no matter how poor ur status can be sad

Isoye my friend used it back in college he topped d class. no lie

Tell him to go do an Astrophysics exam with your Isoye.

Africans. And you're my wonder why we are so under developed.

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by RobinHez(m): 10:49am On Aug 12, 2015
Nihilist:

grin

OP at least credit the source you stole this writeup from

http://www.arcane-archive.org/religion/african/ase-power-over-nature-1.php
Busted! grin

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:01am On Aug 13, 2015
chowlade:
21.Ifunra (Charm to suspect) it reveals future event before it happens, anyone can use Ifunra. Ifunra is mostly used by politicians to protect themselves from devastating occurence to come within minutes, days e.t.c
Also can be used by Prophet in prophesying
Still thinking of some more however, you can remind me and add yours. grin
Mamalawo i hail oooo, i have learnt sometin tks grin
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by goodman3(m): 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
Y
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by goodman3(m): 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2015
Chowlade abeg can I get your BBM pin......my friend would like private chat with you about some issues
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by mozele(m): 5:37pm On Dec 18, 2015
chowlade:
Still thinking of some more however, you can remind me and add yours. grin

Chowlad!
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 18, 2015
mozele:

Chowlad!
Wotz wrong with u?
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by mozele(m): 10:26am On Dec 19, 2015
chowlade:

Wotz wrong with u?

I was interested in becoming your friend, not until i saw this your post that scared hell out of me.

Kai...
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by TruthHurts1(m): 10:21am On Jan 18, 2016
Ijebulogic:
It's interesting that we Africans are often criticised of being backward etc. Research has shown that some so called western "science" protected by "patents" have their roots in the same principles as we have in Africa. The problem is that our people use it for negative things while oyibos use it for societal advancement. can you believe that " hypnotism therapy" is fully accepted now as a medical option for treating trauma patients in the UK? If it was Africa, it would be labelled as jazz. hopefully our new generation will take a different view of some of this priceless knowledge for advancing our society and people. This list is all new to me but the most fascinating is the Kanako. This is "time travel" O!!! Any evidence that it works?

Only someone with a low IQ would believe this rubbish.
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Pedro369(m): 11:47am On Jan 20, 2016
End time People
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by cpgentle: 2:11am On Jan 26, 2016
[color=#006600][/color] I'm an Igbo boy but I want to do the MADARIKAN? charm. Can you help me Chowlade
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by shota(m): 3:43pm On Mar 27, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Aworo...this chrm is used to draw people to you business..fke pastos use it and some of this wicked food selles use it..tke heed. Mayehun........use to make you not reject ny thing ask from you by the user,vey potent,419 and fraudsters use this a lot. Iruju or isiju....used to confuse someone so he or she cnnot deceipher whts actully going on....will update latter wen I remember the rest

LOL IT DOES NOT WORK..

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 02, 2016
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by tabithababy(f): 12:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
Chowlade. Please what other herbs will one grind with the cowry shell. To use as mayehun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 06, 2016
-
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2016
Contact me for .... Anything you need with respect to this topic.... I knw someone
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
try Jesus
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 04, 2016
JideJamez:
Contact me for .... Anything you need with respect to this topic.... I knw someone whatsapp only: 07063831176.... Don't fall into 419 hands
Job
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by gabbyluv2002: 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
chowlade pls i need your help on something on the topic and i dont knw how to contact you pls here me on this number 08132812790 thanks
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by femnike: 7:04am On Mar 10, 2017
chowlade, pls i need more emlightened on this topic, can u pls send ur contact to my mail, adenikeshadiat641@gmail.com. thanks
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Profgilbraltar(m): 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2017
Pls Chowlade,I need to reach you.u can text me ur contact 08180194845,or gilbert4real2006@yahoo.com. Tanx in advance,
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 27, 2017
vislabraye:

shocked . Person no fit do anyhow with you .
The kind legacy ur grand papa leave you with na wa O.

But wetin surprise me be say with all these juju, oyibo still colonise us

It amazes me when people ask why we were colonized n juju didn't save us.... Do u guys even know how we were colonized? Some pple use dis reason to turn down d belief that juju is real, yahoo guys can testify to the use of maiyehun n afose, n an average Nigerian living in some local areas or have witnessed cultist fights will have no reason to question okigbe, when u c as cutlass dey bounce back or u c one tiny guy lift one big guy with one hand, u go fear.... Jazz real die, make God dey protect us from the users

4 Likes

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Daviskuye(m): 5:16am On Apr 14, 2017
femnike:
chowlade, pls i need more emlightened on this topic, can u pls send ur contact to my mail, adenikeshadiat641@gmail.com. thanks

I need ur contact too chowlade
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by tojahh(m): 8:44am On May 09, 2017
How do I contact you....
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Perpetual1(f): 11:41am On Sep 02, 2017
pls how can I get those charms,am based in Edo state,08103558837 pls add me up on whatsapp
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Omoodoagba76: 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
Mondarikan means don’t near my territory. Meaning it can Work negatively and positively depending on the circumstances and that’s why our elders advise we don’t use it often. If you use mondarikan for an example, if witches in your village are killing the successful youths they won’t remember you and also if they are sharing political appointmetsnor any appointments they won’t remember you. Even if you attend a party and they are sharing food and drinks they would pass over you just like the biblical verse that says “when I see this blood I will pass over you” . I remember another warning my late father gave me before his demise was not to ever engage in doing agbelepota meaning stay home and kill your enemies because even your siblings who may have an ordinary misunderstanding with you may suddenly just pass on whereas you don’t know anything about it but the thing inside of you is doing it just like what apostle Paul said in the book of romans that “ the things i want to do I don’t do them but the things i don’t want to do I do them, it’s not me doing them but the “thing” in me” . Our elders says won kii ka eru mon nkan obe loja beeni won kii ka eliri mon eran fun olode. Owo ti ogede ba gbe ara re nii fii na ti arigisegi basi fowo ara re di eru ori arare nii dii le, ojo ti eluulu na ba si pe ori arare nii dale. Iba eyi Agba ooooo Aiye mojuba yin ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Oluwapemzy: 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
plz chowlade i need your whatsapp contact to get more enlightenment on Mayerun,I need very urgent or contact me on my WhatsApp@ 08139060157
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by jomoh: 6:38am On Sep 23, 2019
mapet:

The downside is that even if someone wishes you good, Madarikan will ward it off and return it to the sender......... grin grin grin grin grin grin

I’m on this table presently

I’m looking for how to break it without repercussion

1 Like

Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by stevensheds: 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2020
Can i have ur contact or reach me on avoaja2018@gmail.com
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by Delphnewsdotcom: 12:37am On Oct 17, 2021
1.Ijaya
(To Frighten). A charm used in frightening an adversary or an antagonist in a place of work, school e.t.c or is there anyone you want to take advantage of that you want him/her to keep mute while you express your opinion and explore every good things to your advantage. Ijaya will do it all. it causes overwhelming fear unreasonably to human and animals.

2.Eru
(Fear) if you place someone on "Eru" he or she will be afraid of you for life when around your vicinity

3.Mayehun (Refuse me not) it is used when you want a person to grant your request after a command is made) could be used in wooing a lady, request money from people, Miser, tight-fisted friend or wealthy man. There is a simple incantation that goes with some Mayehun formulas:

"In Yoruba Language; Orun Lo ngba towo omode Orun Lo ngba towo agba " x5

Translation: "Sleep takes from the young Sleep takes from the old Part of the preparation goes thus. You put a cowry (cowrie shell) in each hand when going to sleep . The following morning it would have dropped from your hands. Pick them up and pound them (to powder) with the herbs"

4.Afose
(To Speak and come to pass or Speak and happen) is a quite advance form of Ase. it is usually prepared with black soap
and put inside an Animal's horn e.g Cow's, Antelope's, Cow' e.t.c
Whenever Afose is Spoken with happens immediately or later in the future depending on the potency of the charm or the nature
of the issue the Afose is addressing.

Yoruba forefathers possessed some Afose to address nature elements such as rain, fire, outbreak e.t.c and on the negative size to curse(Epe)
I personally had one that i use to stop a car from starting also have seen one that is use to dry up a very big tree in three days.
The tree was cursed with that Afose
with Afose you could place a curse on somone or any Object be it animated or Non.

5.Gbetugbetu
This is more of a hypnotizing charm. The person under the spell doesn't really know what he is doing. It is used in compelling people to do the most impossible things. Things they would naturally not do or refuse to do. It is somewhat difficult to prepare but there are some simple formulas too, however they also vary in degree of potency. The powerful ones that I know has in it as part of its ingredients the rope that a man hanged himself with. To illustrate its power I would narrate an incident that happened which was manipulated by the use of Gbetugbetu. A friend once used it to call a stubborn but pretty lady into his room. (Normally she would have shunned him right off.) When she got inside he commanded her to strip, which she instantly did, but he didn't touch her. 3 days later the girl came to her senses, she confronted my friend and an argument broke out. It was settled but after that incident the girl avoided my friend from then onwards. Moral of story -- You don't play such jokes 'cos you've got the power. Our forefathers used it when they were attacked by a gang of thieves; they just commanded them to fight (each other) or hand over their weapons

6.Olugbohun
The "sound picker." It is believed to be a powerful spirit that picks whatever is said and makes it happen, if not immediately very soon. (Even if u mistakenly curse your children out of frustration.) Now this is not a genie that will drop things physically in front of you, like food, wine and a flying carpet. However it will create a situation that will cause your request to be met. It is not kept in the house but far away in the bush and its consulted only once in a while.

7.Ase
(To command Power and authority) it has the ability to make whatever Statement you make to come to pass or happen or ability to compel anything to compel to your will which include Animated and inanimated object)

By Chowlade

Hia OO

Check OUt Latest Naija News
Re: 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) by smartigo: 10:37am On Oct 19, 2021
Hmmm.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Benin Art And Architecture / HAUSALAND: Teach Me Hausa / The Culture Lounge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.