Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Is My Boss Taking Advantage Of Me? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is My Boss Taking Advantage Of Me? (679 Views)

My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Boss Taking Advantage Of Me? by dantewest: 7:15am On Aug 04, 2015
I secured a job just immediately after my NYSC, after 2 months of working, my coworker quit suddenly. I suspect sexual abuse on the side of my boss but I shrugged it off.

Now its 3 months, he refuses to hire a replacement, instead he insists I do the duties of administration, customer care and my original duty.

As I type this, the office phone goes home with me every day including weekend. These are certainly not what my initial duties are.

To make matters worse, he recently started complaining and issuing coded threats that I'm slacking. Anytime I attempted talking back to him that I'm doing duties other people are meant to do, he changes the conversation and claim im behaving like a woman.

Did I tell you he also enjoys making me work waaay past 5pm which was the closing time we agreed on when I initially took the job.

To be fair, we having been trying to hire an administrative assistant and customer care lady, but as I got to realize, he sabotages that effort by attempting to sniff their pants. If the lady is not attractive but smart, she is not required. But if its a pretty lady, then she is given major consideration.

The nail on the icing is that my workload increased drastically after 2 months, helping his wife and friend with their business as well.

I'm I been used?
Re: Is My Boss Taking Advantage Of Me? by mecuzee(m): 7:15am On Aug 04, 2015
So?
Re: Is My Boss Taking Advantage Of Me? by bigiyaro(m): 7:19am On Aug 04, 2015
u r been used like a moppin stick, ida u bear it or start lookin for anoda job.

1 Like

Re: Is My Boss Taking Advantage Of Me? by Tallesty1(m): 7:29am On Aug 04, 2015
Yes!

1 Like

Re: Is My Boss Taking Advantage Of Me? by DesChyko: 7:32am On Aug 04, 2015
When working in a private establishment with total workers population, say, below 20, it is often hard to escape being over-used, even as it isn't a factory.
The major issue here is how much you enjoy your job, other than for fulfilling your finances.
In the career of my dreams (not essentially for financial gains), I end up doing things that weren't in the original job description. We grumble in confidence, and sometimes, I personally ask my boss(es) for raise if necessary. But it doesn't affect my output or my overall professionalism.
I love the career and I see every task related to it as a challenge, hence my enthusiasm. That is my motivation. So, you really have to look at what you want for yourself and start aiming for it.
In the mean time, nothing works without finances, so, you have to react to this professionally. Get the cash to start what you want, ignore other derailing elements, trials and tests inclusive.
Re: Is My Boss Taking Advantage Of Me? by dantewest: 8:39am On Aug 04, 2015
bigiyaro:
u r been used like a moppin stick, ida u bear it or start lookin for anoda job.

Thanks for been sincere, I have already started applying!

1 Like

Re: Is My Boss Taking Advantage Of Me? by bigiyaro(m): 9:17am On Aug 04, 2015
dantewest:

Thanks for been sincere, I have already started applying!
i faced desame kind of bullsh.it too. My boss was treatin me as both an office staff n also as a domestic staff, i was workin both in his firm n family house, doin all sorts of jobs,wat 5 people could have done was wat i ws doin alone, my boss so much got used to me runnin his affairs like a loyal slave, until i gave him d shock of his life by simply walkin away, u need to see how his world turned upside down, his firm almost closed down cos i ws handlin many offices combined, he could'nt find someone like me,somebody dat can take d kind of nonsence i took n still remain honest n loyal to him. I pray God will provide a better job for u.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ican Psaf And Mge Hard Copy Packs Available / Marine Engineering Or Elect/elect? / Oil & Gas Software Application Training & Job Placement For Jan, 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.