Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) (88757 Views)

Panic As Mysterious Beast Kills Animals In Delta State Community. Graphic Photos / Meets A Man Who Make 800k From His Fish Pond (photos) / Photos: My Catfish Pond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by dgreatrock(m): 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
DarryOsh:

Sea horse? Lmao!!

That is a hammer-headed bat!

The hammer-headed bat (Hypsignathus
monstrosus), also known as the big-lipped
bat, is a megabat widely distributed in
equatorial Africa . This large bat is found
in riverine forests, mangroves , swamps,
and palm forests at elevations less than
1,800 metres (5,900 ft).

-Wikipedia

@DarryOsh, thanks for this. Boys don dey turn am into another thing here
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
I hate bat.
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by mimicious(f): 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
iameugene:
as i don book my space #Godwin grin
I knew it will make frontpage cheesy
Anyway today is my birthday guyz i want 100 likes dat shuld be enough as a gift for my bday from u guyz xoxo

I just made your hundred like. Happy birthday to you, more blessing to your new age
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by joychychy(f): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
grin88:
grin grin grin grin put petrol , and burn the devil

Pls send this pix via bbm. My pin is 2A904F07

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by valmunich(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
Konji seff don catch bat carry am go meet "horse power" grin
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by babestella: 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2015
You guys should be careful with that bat, it's better they send it to the lab for Ebola virus check and if found positive, all fishes in that pond should be discarded and the pond properly disinfected.
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by Esdb3: 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
dapyd1:
Lmaoo.
It's probably hybrid, or a deformity which could be caused by pollution esp oil spill.

The people that wasted likes on your post are vexing me. Oil spillage will make a bat have a horse-face?

We weeeeeentttt to school niggga!!!

1 Like

Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by gozi542: 7:04pm On Aug 04, 2015
Please, don't kill this creature, make sure it's alive and secondly let's be sending this pic round it must get in touch with white men that knows the value of this creature nevertheless, that's why white men is far better than blacks, if it happened this mysterious creature was found in so place outside Africa it would've cost many people thousands just for them to see the creature # oga give this bat food to eat, put it in a cage and make sure there is pawpaw in the cage.....
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by Missmossy(f): 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ewww this is disgusting!!!

Horrible looking too.
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by grin88(m): 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2015
joychychy:

k
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by teewhydope(m): 7:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
gozi542:
Please, don't kill this creature, make sure it's alive and secondly let's be sending this pic round it must get in touch with white men that knows the value of this creature nevertheless, that's why white men is far better than blacks, if it happened this mysterious creature was found in so place outside Africa it would've cost many people thousands just for them to see the creature # oga give this bat food to eat, put it in a cage and make sure there is pawpaw in the cage.....

Ignorance
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by ogaju007(m): 7:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
all you have to do is google "Types of Bats" and you will see even worse.

2 Likes

Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by xtervaganza(m): 7:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
Abeg no bring ebola here oo
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by grin88(m): 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
joychychy:

I can only send to you trough whattsapp
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by leonshom(m): 7:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
This is obviously not a big deal, its probably one of d species of bat or a kind of deformity/genetic issue. A good research would have been better than trying to attach spiritual stuff to it.
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by lmuhopeful: 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
wordbank:

I know someone will say it's one syndrome or deformity!
Y say something u have little or no clue about

No way. You are an I.diot. What do you want him to say? Oh you want him to say that it is a witch abi or evil spirit. If a creature is not common in Africa, does that make such creature a WITCH? Foo.l
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by YoowPeeRochas(m): 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
This is either MUTATION(as wud b understood by Biologists) or Witchie Witchie lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by BigBenoski(m): 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2015
Chai! Ignorance na bastard! Sorry guys, there is nothing mysterious or new about this mammal. This is the hammer headed fruit bat (Hipsignathus monstrosus). It is widely distributed in west and central Africa. And so you know, there are more than a thousand different bat species world wide. More than 300 of these are found in Africa while Nigeria boasts of slightly more than 90 species. So please, when next you see a 'strange' looking bat, don't kill it...it's just another mammal needing conservation
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by Kennycool1: 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2015
Lautechgossip:
One of readers on gistplanet.com sent photos of this Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pondand he’d like is to share with the world, a bat normally have a rat facial face but this is really strange, according to what he sent in as seen in the screenshots below

See another strange photo ofMysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond in Warri.

"Pls i want u guys to post dis photo of dis mysterious bat dat has a facial face like a giant horse…it was caught in my frends father Fish pond dis mornin here in warri delta state…pls show dis photo 2 d whole world 2 see cos i can’t bare 2 see such monster
alone"

Strange creature, have you ever come across a bat before? Please share your thoughts below about this Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond below.

Source- http://www.gistplanet.net/2015/08/mysterious-bat-with-a-horse-like-face-found-in-fish-pond.html

My Guy, Bats has more than 40 species with different image,
to me personally have seen bat look like dog, cat, bird, horse and Rat
i call my Granpa 1 day and explain this him, and finally the man tell me more stories about bat, even bat smell in different ways but dey do bahave in same ways....i always give glory to God each time i thinks about God creatures.......like human like animal........such is life
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by Izadibabe: 8:17pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hi Op,

This is a hammer headed Bat that is native to Africa and feeds on the blood of livestock so the fish pond will be a great place for them to get fresh blood from the fishes. It's also the Bat that is responsible for spreading Ebola Virus so try not to touch them if you come across another one.

Check out this website link for more info...

http://www.cracked.com/article_19921_6-terrifying-bats-you-wont-believe-arent-photoshopped_p6.html

2 Likes

Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
Op your own better na,see the one i catch for my ex GF room. angry

1 Like

Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by iameugene(m): 8:26pm On Aug 04, 2015
mimicious:

I just made your hundred like. Happy birthday to you, more blessing to your new age
thanks smiley
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by totorimi: 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
why Warriors? I'm not surprised at all. Anyone who has lived there no the things that happen there.
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by PLEXPLEX(m): 8:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
Tis is nothing order than a drawn Warri dog face fruit bat....nothing new jara
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by BigBenoski(m): 8:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
Kennycool1:

My Guy, Bats has more than 40 species with different image,
to me personally have seen bat look like dog, cat, bird, horse and Rat
i call my Granpa 1 day and explain this him, and finally the man tell me more stories about bat, even bat smell in different ways but dey do bahave in same ways....i always give glory to God each time i thinks about God creatures.......like human like animal........such is life
They don't all behave in the same way, bros. There are more than 1250 species worldwide so, you can imagine that.
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by Kennycool1: 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
youmour:
Op your own better na,see the one i catch for my ex GF room. angry

Lol....U mean this thing dey service ur Ex-GF in the Night? cheesy shocked
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by dotune(m): 8:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ebola kinda bat I guess?
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by BigBenoski(m): 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
Izadibabe:
Hi Op,

This is a hammer headed Bat that is native to Africa and feeds on the blood of livestock so the fish pond will be a great place for them to get fresh blood from the fishes. It's also the Bat that is responsible for spreading Ebola Virus so try not to touch them if you come across another one.

Check out this website link for more info...

http://www.cracked.com/article_19921_6-terrifying-bats-you-wont-believe-arent-photoshopped_p6.html

The bolded is very wrong, sir. The H. monstrosus is a fruit bat (frugivore). It probably fell into the pond by accident
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
metrosexual:
Its called a dog-faced fruit bat. Nothing strange here please!

for your mind you be smart guy. how does that thing posted there by the OP look like this?

Mr ITK, this is a dog-faced fruit bat below

Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by ukandi1(m): 8:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
wordbank:
Just use d witch do peppersoup

hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Mysterious Bat With A Horse-like Face Found In Fish Pond (PHOTOS) by darenawti(m): 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
Its not a monster abeg o.....its an hammer head bat. U people can google it. Hypsignathus monstrosus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) / The Sebright: Have You Seen This Popular Chicken Breed Before? (Photos) / See The Antelope My Cousin Killed Today In The Farm (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.