Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City (9561 Views)

Obiano Set To Industrialize Anambra State / Obiano Set To Complete Another Bridge - Photos / How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by FKO81(m): 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, has given the task of creating a world class city like the Dubai Model City to the Nigerian Institute of Architects, NIA, Anambra State chapter.

They will, in partnership with the Awka Capital Territory Development Authority, ACTDA, develop an effective urban master plan for the Awka Capital Territory, in addition to building high class and modern architectural structures to add to the beauty of the state.

Speaking to members of the Nigerian Institute of Architects, Anambra State chapter, who visited him at the Governor’s Lodge, Awka, Governor Obiano charged them to be more innovative in their drawings and designs.

The Governor harped on building an orderly and sanitized environment as well as finding the best way to manage environmental waste.

He tasked the NIA members to find solutions that will ensure orderliness and environmental sanitation that would propel sustainable development.

He also asked that they develop a system that would help control land use and institute compliance with space standards and approved designs.

Responding, the State Chairman of NIA, Peter Okpala, commended the Governor for his outstanding commitment towards transforming the Awka Capital Territory.

He also lauded him for ensuring that while transformation was going on, priority was also given to the safety of the lives and property of the
people through the Governor’s handling of the problem of building collapse which erupted in the early days of his administration.
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/07/23/obiano-set-to-transform-awka-to-world-class-city/

1 Like

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by hisprinceship: 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
CoooLLl
Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by IYADARA(f): 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
May God help him to do so
Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by kokoA(m): 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
It will not work.
Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by melzabull(f): 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
Oh my God! I so much love Anambra state.

God bless governor Obiano. May God give him the wisdom, commitment and wherewithal to accomplish this dream.

God bless ndigbo! cool

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by FKO81(m): 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
The real Ekweme 1(talk and do) in Igbo land. When great men are in power people rejoice.
Wilie is working

9 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by McKren(m): 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
he should let us know when he has
Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by FKO81(m): 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
I remembered when he was asked during Anambra state governorship election by press men, if he will not be a stooge to his god father, his reply was, watch me! grin

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by Zonacom(m): 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
kokoA:
It will not work.
Mkpi!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by FKO81(m): 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
Building three flyovers simultaneously, mall, roads, city beatification and and brand new greenwood city in Awka.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by FKO81(m): 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2015
Proposed Greenwood city gradually taken shape

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by obailala(m): 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2015
Now that's a colourful city... No dirty brown roofs littering the skyline. It would be nice if they fix some street lights and mark the roads though.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2705140_sam0576_jpeg62470d94948f1ef1474dd0ec529c7978

8 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by hazyfm1: 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy

#PROUD

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by johnmark1234(m): 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
kokoA:
It will not work.
why?
Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by FKO81(m): 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2015
obailala:
Now that's a colourful city... No dirty brown roofs littering the skyline. It would be nice if they fix some street lights and mark the roads though.
Work is still going on, once they are through all will be put in place

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by PAINGAIN: 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
Awesome. Obiano okwa gi nwe aka a.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by amadice(m): 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2015
how I wish other south eastern gov are like this man...

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by FKO81(m): 2:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
Greenwood city residents should expect 247 power from newly installed 132/33 KVA Power sub-station

1 Like

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by FKO81(m): 2:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
FKO81:
Greenwood city residents should expect 247 power from newly installed 132/33 KVA Power sub-station
Proposed Awka mall close to Greenwood

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by cremedelacreme: 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
Anambra ejebego. Watch out for Awka in a few years time. Proudly Anambrarian.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by FKO81(m): 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2015
My city

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by FKO81(m): 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
Awka my city

8 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by FKO81(m): 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
FKO81:
Awka my city

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by chynergy1(m): 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2015
igbo s builders, developers... congrats.
proudly 5%.

12 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by DFemaleBoss(f): 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
Wow kiss

1 Like

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by EasternLion: 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
amadice:

Okezie is another one doing something good, last weekend we went to Aba based on our Leader's command, a lot of places are under serious construction.

I hope Ponponpon uploads pictures, especially the work along Aba Owerri road.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by IGBOSON1: 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
amadice:

^^^My sentiments also! It may be a bit too early in the day to start judging, but it doesn't look like they've hit the ground running since being sworn in! I'm not impressed with what i've seen and heard so far from Enugu, Imo, Ebonyi, and most especially Abia! Governance in these states appear to be going back to their default setting of 'governance of eye-service and media'! No economic blueprint yet nor talk of investments coming into the states to create employment opportunities for the youths!

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by IGBOSON1: 4:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
FKO81:

Proposed Awka mall close to Greenwood

^^^Nice effort FK081!

Any design or 3D renders of this new estate? I think a lot of compensation and tearing down of existing buildings has to be done first before any serious headway can be made of turning Awka into a world-class city! We're talking of at least 3 billion dollars here!
Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by Chiaka(f): 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
He should work and stop shouting!

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by FKO81(m): 4:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Nice effort FK081!

Any design or 3D renders of this new estate? I think a lot of compensation and tearing down of existing buildings has to be done first before any serious headway can be made of turning Awka into a world-class city! We're talking of at least 3 billion dollars here!
No I don't have it, but rest assured I'll source for it and post it probably in Anambra thread. Thanks!
Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
@OP

Stop posting pictures of neighbourhoods in anambra making it seem like the government that got inaugurated last year was the one that built the houses own by individuals.

Nice dream.
Re: Obiano Set To Transform Awka To World Class City by RollingStones(m): 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
Am proud of my Governor Obiano.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Political Parties Should Do Away With Godfathers – Oyegun / Ogun: Abiodun Flags Off Reconstruction Of 19 Km Atan-Lusada-Agbara Road / I Am An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.