Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Relevant Certification Paths To Follow - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Relevant Certification Paths To Follow (1301 Views)

How Relevant Is Chartered Institute Of Loan And Risk Management In Nigeria / Relevant Softwares To Oil/gas & Engineering Firms / Relevant Oil/gas Software Training 4 Jobseekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relevant Certification Paths To Follow by sundayslim(m): 7:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
Most people want to break into the IT world, and it is no news that professional certifications are the way forward. Here are some relevant paths to follow as far as Nigeria is concerned:

1. N+, CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MCSE, CEH, CISA, PMP
This path is very important for those looking to be successful in computer networking and information security. Notice that I didn't include CCIE? In as much as that is a strong certification to have, your years of experience will be better appreciated when you've been in the field for long. One major area you can make the most money is project management. With your PMP, you can effectively handle IT projects and this is really the start of consulting for you. Companies can pay as much as 2 million monthly if you're an in-house consultant.

2. A+, CCNA, MCSA, CSCU, P+
Okay, this path is not as tedious as the first, but still gives the holder a strong skill set even at affordable training costs. For those who don't know, CSCU is a certification from EC-council that tilts towards the security line. P+ is a project management certification from comptia.
This certification path is for those who do not have a very solid background in IT, and want to remain relevant in the field, while preparing to take on bigger certifications in the future.

3. CSCU, CCNA, CCNP, CEH, CISA, CISSP
Okay, this path is a strong security track that helps the holder to head security departments in an IT setup. Somewhere among these, CCNP and CCNP security is adviced. I couldn't put it in because it depends on how deep the holder intends to go.

4. MTA, MCSA, MCSE, RHCE
This track is for system administrators. Having a good combination of system administration skills using Windows and Linux platforms will send a strong message to potential employers.

There are quite a lot of other options to take, but I'll limit it to these four, so that other professionals can make suggestions via comments.

I also advice you to be multi skilled, as that's what most Nigerian companies want.
I currently have the following:
CCNA, CCNP, MOS

Currently on my MCSA and MTCNA(mikrotik)
Re: Relevant Certification Paths To Follow by Yungstev007(m): 10:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
sundayslim:
Most people want to break into the IT world, and it is no news that professional certifications are the way forward. Here are some relevant paths to follow as far as Nigeria is concerned:

1. N+, CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MCSE, CEH, CISA, PMP
This path is very important for those looking to be successful in computer networking and information security. Notice that I didn't include CCIE? In as much as that is a strong certification to have, your years of experience will be better appreciated when you've been in the field for long. One major area you can make the most money is project management. With your PMP, you can effectively handle IT projects and this is really the start of consulting for you. Companies can pay as much as 2 million monthly if you're an in-house consultant.

2. A+, CCNA, MCSA, CSCU, P+
Okay, this path is not as tedious as the first, but still gives the holder a strong skill set even at affordable training costs. For those who don't know, CSCU is a certification from EC-council that tilts towards the security line. P+ is a project management certification from comptia.
This certification path is for those who do not have a very solid background in IT, and want to remain relevant in the field, while preparing to take on bigger certifications in the future.

3. CSCU, CCNA, CCNP, CEH, CISA, CISSP
Okay, this path is a strong security track that helps the holder to head security departments in an IT setup. Somewhere among these, CCNP and CCNP security is adviced. I couldn't put it in because it depends on how deep the holder intends to go.

4. MTA, MCSA, MCSE, RHCE
This track is for system administrators. Having a good combination of system administration skills using Windows and Linux platforms will send a strong message to potential employers.

There are quite a lot of other options to take, but I'll limit it to these four, so that other professionals can make suggestions via comments.

I also advice you to be multi skilled, as that's what most Nigerian companies want.
I currently have the following:
CCNA, CCNP, MOS

Currently on my MCSA and MTCNA(mikrotik)
How do I get certified in CCNA

1 Like

Re: Relevant Certification Paths To Follow by sundayslim(m): 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2015
Yungstev007:
How do I get certified in CCNA

It's easy. You can take classroom training or through self study. If you're considering self study, I can provide you with materials, as well as guide you on your way up.
Re: Relevant Certification Paths To Follow by alorauzoms(m): 2:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
hi sunday..can u hlp me wit ccna material.
Re: Relevant Certification Paths To Follow by Yungstev007(m): 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
sundayslim:

It's easy. You can take classroom training or through self study. If you're considering self study, I can provide you with materials, as well as guide you on your way up.
How do I register for the exam
Re: Relevant Certification Paths To Follow by sundayslim(m): 10:45pm On Aug 05, 2015
Guys, simply send me an email and I'll send you the materials in response. ogali.sunday@gmail.com
Re: Relevant Certification Paths To Follow by y4code(m): 8:46am On Aug 06, 2015
can i get a PMP materials from you Mr Sunday. This is my email yousoufhorllar@gmail.com
Re: Relevant Certification Paths To Follow by Polithiefcian(m): 9:06am On Aug 06, 2015
y4code:
can i get a PMP materials from you Mr Sunday. This is my email yousoufhorllar@gmail.com

I also need pmp materials. How do I register for the exams and how much does it cost?

adeboyeolugbenga70@gmail.com
Re: Relevant Certification Paths To Follow by Taiw(m): 2:53am On Jan 09, 2016
Please can you send mcsa materials to maxteetechnologies@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Relevant Certification Paths To Follow by sundayslim(m): 4:30am On Jan 09, 2016
Taiw:
Please can you send mcsa materials to maxteetechnologies@gmail.com
Kindly remind me by sending a mail. I've already replied your request.
Re: Relevant Certification Paths To Follow by Safari29: 9:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
Thanks brother for your post
honestly i need guidelines, i just had my ccna, and am thinking of proceeding to ccnp (i so much enjoyed reading ccna) but am already n mcsa please advice if it is a nice approach, though am not rushing but can the two be achieved this year on self study i have already sent you mail of mcsa material (especially R2 materials). thank you in advance Sir
Re: Relevant Certification Paths To Follow by erikoko(f): 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
pls can u send me mcsa materials , am just starting in the it world

(1) (Reply)

Practical Telecoms/ict Training With Real Live Equipment / Sap Training In Lagos At The Protea Hotel Lekki, JULY 2012! Apply / Where Can I Learn SAP ERP In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.