Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

How A Nigerian Bank Scams Customers Abroad - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How A Nigerian Bank Scams Customers Abroad (757 Views)

How To Withdraw Your Paypal Funds,receive Paypal In Nigerian Bank Account / No Nigerian Bank Can Survive The Kind Of Attacks Aimed At MMM – Mbanefo / Kokobet Thread For Online Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Nigerian Bank Scams Customers Abroad by dexterinc2003: 9:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
After a terrible experience with a bank recently,i just had to write this piece,to save other people the stress of screaming 'foul play' if they choose to enter the same predicament.
I recently travelled to australia (far east end of the world),with a mastercard from one of the nigerian banks,with a happy thought that i could make withdrawals with my naira mastercard .fair enough i could make withdrawals ,although just 300aud daily (due to the recent CBN daily limits).
After making about 5 withdrawals totalling the sum of about 1,000 auds last month,i felt good i must say.
Sometime around august 1st,i began to receive bank alerts of reversals on the withdrawals i made,ie.money was returned into my account,and redebitted excessively.
Initially ,i thought it was some fraudster at work,and had to call the bank,only to be told that they were aware of the withdrawals from my account,and stated that that the naira had depreciated since i last withdrew and that the current rate was used to debit my account.
Summary means i withdrew aud at the rate of 165 naira per aud about 3 weeks ago,and transaction was completed,3 weeks later ,bank refunds my account with naira at same rate of 165naira per dollar ,then debit me at over 200 naira per dollar.hence losing an additional 60,000 naira in the process.Now thats just to 1 customer,imagine that being done to a million customers
Anyways i really dont blame them,it was because they saw money in the account,the banks name starts with 'U' and ends with 'A.
Nairalanders ,pls beware of the current scam once the ban on foreign withdrawal is lifted.THANK YOU.
Re: How A Nigerian Bank Scams Customers Abroad by ladyF(f): 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
Na wa o
Re: How A Nigerian Bank Scams Customers Abroad by kossyablaze(m): 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hmmmm smh

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Nigerian Bank Scams Customers Abroad by sseunth(m): 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
UBA

(1) (Reply)

Burial Of Man With Hunchback Causes Tension / Korean Movie To Watch / Ladies Will You Still Forgive That Guy If He Did This To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.