Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists (1288 Views)

Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! / Skeleton Of Goliath Like Giants Found / The Skeleton Of Goliath Found...pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists by Jeromejnr(m): 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
So having just got out of Jail for upending some mindsets of the Agnostics, I decide to share this article. While Agnostics are giving themselves reasons not to believe in God, Archaeologists based on their findings, are continually proving the infallibility of the scriptures. Enjoy!.

An archaeological dig now in its 20th year has uncovered the entrance gate to Gath, the ancient Biblical city of the Philistines and onetime home of the giant Goliath. Before the king of Damascus destroyed it in 830 BCE, Gath was the largest city in the land for hundreds of years, reports the Jerusalem Post. The Bible refers to the massive city gate itself, in the story of David's escape from King Saul to the king of Gath. In addition to the city gate, scientists have also unearthed an "impressive fortification wall," several buildings that include a temple and iron production facility, and what the Post calls the earliest "decipherable" Philistine inscription ever found—which contains two names similar to "Goliath."

"After finding a huge fortification, it’s clearly the most important city of the 10th and ninth centuries," says the archaeologist in charge of the dig, per i24. The long-term dig is part of the Ackerman Family Bar-Ilan University Expedition to Gath, a look at the archaeology and history of one of the largest "tells" (aka ancient ruin mounds) in Israel. The area in central Israel, in the Tel Zafit National Park in the Judean Foothills, has been inhabited almost continuously since the 5th millennium BCE, the researchers note in a press release.

[img]http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/143c7aeac4dc2a78f65fa123fba6faf544800e2b/c=0-222-2667-3778&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/2015/08/04/USATODAY/USATODAY/635742778286829378-AP-Mideast-Israel-Palestinians-Philistine-Metropolis.jpg[/img]

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/08/04/archaeologists-find-gate-goliaths-hometown/31097891/
Re: Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists by ladyF(f): 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
Wow

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life!

1 Like

Re: Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists by Jeromejnr(m): 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
ladyF:
Wow

Indeed He is cool
Re: Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists by misreal(m): 9:44pm On Aug 04, 2015
Re: Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists by BrownCookie(f): 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
ladyF:
Wow

Whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Re: Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists by Jeromejnr(m): 10:02pm On Aug 04, 2015
@Delusiongirl20..I see u.

What are your tots. Or you just gonna run away like ya fellas. wink

I am just tryna help u get rid of the delusion. grin

1 Like

Re: Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists by Delusiongirl20(f): 10:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
Jeromejnr:
@Delusiongirl20..I see u.

What are your tots. Or you just gonna run away like ya fellas. wink

I am just tryna help u get rid of the delusion. grin

I didn't understand what u mean in your first paragraph.

Until the time u come up with evidence to prove that am delusional.
Re: Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists by Jeromejnr(m): 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
Delusiongirl20:

I didn't understand what u mean in your first paragraph.

Until the time u come up with evidence to prove that am delusional.

The proof is in your moniker. grin

I'm just tryna give you options, as your signature solicits for one.
Re: Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists by Delusiongirl20(f): 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
Jeromejnr:

The proof is in your moniker. grin

I'm just tryna give you options, as your signature solicits for one.

If you want be stick to monitor for your argument, good for you. It is a kinda strawman argument.

1 Like

Re: Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists by Jeromejnr(m): 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2015
Delusiongirl20:

If you want be stuck up to monitor for our argument, good for you. It is a kinda strawman argument.

Lol!

When agnostics have no logical explanations for stuvs they all run.

Anyways, like I told one of your fellows, Brace yourself for a thread I will be posting.

I will love to see y'all reactions grin. I will be coming hard for you guys.
Re: Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists by winner01(m): 1:19am On Aug 05, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Lol!

When agnostics have no logical explanations for stuvs they all run.

Anyways, like I told one of your fellows, Brace yourself for a thread I will be posting.

I will love to see y'all reactions grin. I will be coming hard for you guys.
As in ehn.
Re: Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists by erusen: 9:48am On Aug 05, 2015
Jeromejnr:
So having just got out of Jail for upending some mindsets of the Agnostics, I decide to share this article. While Agnostics are giving themselves reasons not to believe in God, Archaeologists based on their findings, are continually proving the infallibility of the scriptures. Enjoy!.

you don't. need this to believe. in Jesus all you need is the holy spirit doubt dies when there is evidence
Re: Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists by davien(m): 10:10am On Aug 05, 2015
Archeologists unearthed gath, which is the alleged hometown of goliath, the same way they unearth other locations rumoured and claimed to be the hometown of gods, legends,etc....nothing new, unless you want to say the location proves it's true..which is pathetically wrong..
Re: Massive Gate Of Goliath's City Unearthed By Archeologists by Jeromejnr(m): 11:02am On Aug 05, 2015
erusen:
you don't. need this to believe. in Jesus all you need is the holy spirit doubt dies when there is evidence

Sure,Sure broda. I know all this things don't usually end up converting them, but all this is done for the weak Christians out there who could be negatively affected by the poisons of the Agnostics. It should help in strengthening their faith so they they are not easily swayed by strange ideologies.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If You Can Answer All These With The BIBLE ALONE I Willlleave The Church / Why Does Satan Answers Human Faster Than GOD?? / Truth About The Garden Of Eden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.