Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience (3206 Views)

Has Anyone Tried The New Sublime-text 3 Beta version? / Nosql, SQL And Newsql Database: Share Your Experience. / What Is So Exciting About Programming? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by shadowbox: 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hello Developers,

Has anyone tried out Windows 10 that was released in July 29th 2015 by Microsoft. If yes please share your experience so far on this thread. Preferably developer related experience. But a general review of the OS is very acceptable.

P.S.:
I would have shared my experience, except for the fact that I haven't tried it yet.
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 05, 2015
Have I Installed it no ? because on my work Machine NOT ALLOWED, my brother installed it on his laptop and well it's just there, not bad so far it feels like Windows 8 with the start and some Metro look and feel, but my bro says his gaming performance increased, but if you are a Developer I would advise you to install because it's going to be the only way to develop Windows 10 apps or mobile related.

But am planning to install it on my 1st Laptop and see how it goes before installing on the Linux dual boot. However you should do note that there are some bugs in it but not enough to stop you form enjoying it.

BACKUP O
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by chukkiephil(m): 7:04am On Aug 05, 2015
I am trading the path of caution, I don't think I will install it now maybe later, I will download it tho, just don't like the idea that it updates itself automatically, wetin dem mean angry grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by shadowbox: 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
pcguru1:
Have I Installed it no ? because on my work Machine NOT ALLOWED, my brother installed it on his laptop and well it's just there, not bad so far it feels like Windows 8 with the start and some Metro look and feel, but my bro says his gaming performance increased, but if you are a Developer I would advise you to install because it's going to be the only way to develop Windows 10 apps or mobile related.

But am planning to install it on my 1st Laptop and see how it goes before installing on the Linux dual boot. However you should do note that there are some bugs in it but not enough to stop you form enjoying it.

BACKUP O

Thanks for the valuable info.
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 06, 2015
So i said f*cuk it and installed Windows 10 on my Linux machine out of bravery and it was pretty much straight forward, the first issue i had was my Grpahic Drivers it used Microsoft Display Drivers but i kept my drivers so i just installed it and it works.....However to be frank I don't really see the big deal to be honest, feels like Windows 8 with Start up menu and biggest warning.

Windows Updates are set to Update Automatically meaning as we speak am sure my bandwith is getting sucked, but the solution is to disable Windows Update Services in Services or command line so that's no problem for me. Since you are a Developer like me i'd say go for it and download Visual Studio also . all the best let me know how it goes for you, do with stable light o.
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by lordZOUGA(m): 8:31am On Aug 06, 2015
After I installed windows 10 I was still able to build my android studio projects. Windows 10 seems faster than windows 8.1 though.

I am still miffed I don't have Cortana

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by afolwalex20(m): 10:01am On Aug 06, 2015
Can't wait to download it..

This are info we should c on front page not things like **ten ways to treat a lady** mtchew..
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
afolwalex20:
Can't wait to download it..

This are info we should c on front page not things like **ten ways to treat a lady** mtchew..

I have the iso depending on where you stay though using the pro since my windows 8 was pro
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
lordZOUGA:
After I installed windows 10 I was still able to build my android studio projects. Windows 10 seems faster than windows 8.1 though.

I am still miffed I don't have Cortana

Weird haven't tested mine the sound driver broke.
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by lordZOUGA(m): 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2015
pcguru1:

Weird haven't tested mine the sound driver broke.
I meant Cortana isn't available for Nigerians. The software is there but it can't be enabled if you are in this region.

Changing the Region in Settings or using a VPN might activate it but I'd rather b*tch about it. These companies keep skipping Nigeria when it comes to the good stuff.

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by JackOfAllTrades: 5:52pm On Aug 06, 2015
Following
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by afolwalex20(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
pcguru1:

I have the iso depending on where you stay though using the pro since my windows 8 was pro

Pro is perfect! Am @ ikorodu. U?
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
Gbagada ifako its 64bit , if you around that area during the weekend holla.
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 06, 2015
lordZOUGA:

I meant Cortana isn't available for Nigerians. The software is there but it can't be enabled if you are in this region.

Changing the Region in Settings or using a VPN might activate it but I'd rather b*tch about it. These companies keep skipping Nigeria when it comes to the good stuff.

Mine told me to set up my voice and assists in searches. Change your region I don't see any advantage in selecting Nigeria anyway but I didn't touch my region though. But on my windows phone had to change region to get Cortana
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by dirtydaya(m): 11:12am On Aug 08, 2015
installed it.
not much difference so far, not impressed
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2015
dirtydaya:
installed it.

not much difference so far, not impressed

The main essence of Windows 10 appeals actually to Developers not users, it's about Universal Apps, meaning one code base multiple deployment, so if you chill you will see a massive amount of apps on Windows. it's why am updating.
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by Borwe: 11:46am On Aug 08, 2015
They are trying to make c# cool. LOL!!
Java still rules for everything.
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by JackOfAllTrades: 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
pcguru1:

The main essence of Windows 10 appeals actually to Developers not users, it's about Universal Apps, meaning one code base multiple deployment, so if you chill you will see a massive amount of apps on Windows. it's why am updating.

true. What is the size of the download?
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
Borwe:
They are trying to make c# cool. LOL!!
Java still rules for everything.

LOL yeah Java rules but i like C# their tools are always awesome hands down, though IntelliJ Ultimate is also crazy too
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by Raypawer(m): 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
oga, i know Java fanboiz go wan shout now, but with the invent of Visual Studio 2015 **free**, shocked shocked shocked xamarin **free** shocked shocked with the sweet sweet intellicsence that visual studio supports for almost all the javascript libraries, i think c# has just jumped over Java!

pcguru1:

LOL yeah Java rules but i like C# their tools are always awesome hands down, though IntelliJ Ultimate is also crazy too
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by Borwe: 6:28pm On Aug 08, 2015
static FakeJava C# = new FakeJava();
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by jeec4real(m): 11:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
I need help guys. Updated my sony vaio to windows 10 but my former display driver is not working. I had to install 8.1 back. Please does anyone have a solution?
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 09, 2015
jeec4real:
I need help guys. Updated my sony vaio to windows 10 but my former display driver is not working. I had to install 8.1 back. Please does anyone have a solution?

Just reinstall your drivers its a normal thing. Happened to me too
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by elchroy: 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
my experience: i couldn't find my start button after sometime. couldn't also use my windows key to load start menu. graphic looks cool. but it hangs my system quite often especially when i try to sleep, restart or maybe shutdown. still a work in progress though. my pc is 4gb RAM, 2.3ghz processor.
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by lordZOUGA(m): 2:37pm On Aug 09, 2015
jeec4real:
Use windows inbuilt update option.
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by Kingsasian(m): 1:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
lordZOUGA:

if the cortana isn't working for us in this region then there is no need bothering myself about the upgrade.
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by Pins(m): 9:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
i use the windows 10 and i must say it is the best os for now,am enjoying my cortanna,as a developer my visual studio 2015 is so useful to me,i hv an improved performance,windows hello working well for me infact it is just too good.
Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Windows 10? Pls Share Your Experience by yungcheda(m): 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2015
My cortana works perfectly and I am in Nigeria. I spoke to her and she searched the internet with what I said. I am loving this windows 10.

(1) (Reply)

How To Choose A Programming Language / I Just Wrote What Might Be The Worst System Ever Programmed In This Country / Why Is C++ So Hard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.