Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,003 members, 7,806,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

(photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife (79852 Views)

Guys Test Girls Alot And Yet Many Fail Without Knowing It / My Father-in-law Wants My Virginity Before Approving Our Wedding / King Of Swaziland Got A New Wife Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

(photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by Brownville007: 4:03am On Aug 05, 2015
As seems to be the tradition in Swaziland, King Mswati reportedly tested girls virginity before choosing a wife for himself.
Under aged girls publicly undergoing virginity tests before King Mswati can choose a bride

In 2012, Dailymail reported that topless virgins were paraded in front of the Swazi King, to celebrate chastity and unity.

<!–nextpage–>

Now, photos have been released showing under aged girls being publicly checked to ascertain that their virginity was still intact.

All this was done in a bid to help King Mswati choose a wife.
Many consider this babaric and backward but it seems to be a tradition the people willingly live by.

Source: http://www.nativefowl.com/photos-king-of-swaziland-publicly-test-girls-virginity-before-choosing-a-wife/

CC: Lalasticlala

4 Shares

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by HungerBAD: 4:06am On Aug 05, 2015
Is this for real?

There are a lot of reason's those in the Western world, call us barbaric. This is one, this is so perverted. Staring deep into a woman's modesty, and not seeing anything wrong in it.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by INTROVERT(f): 4:06am On Aug 05, 2015
This is absolutely ludicrous and archaic.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by Jonesjoe(m): 4:08am On Aug 05, 2015
dumb

1 Like

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by dyabman(m): 4:09am On Aug 05, 2015
Very Dumb !

5 Likes

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by Nobody: 4:10am On Aug 05, 2015
Na wa o
Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by themonk(m): 4:10am On Aug 05, 2015
the picture looks old.
this hardly could be a contemporary pratice.

if na naija or nairaland be that, the king no go marry be that grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by EmmyUch(m): 4:15am On Aug 05, 2015
Dump
Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by Theben(m): 4:27am On Aug 05, 2015
These girls look too haggard for king's wives)

5 Likes

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by AngryNigerian(m): 4:58am On Aug 05, 2015
Chisooooooossssss!!!

1 Like

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by Whizzcute(m): 5:25am On Aug 05, 2015
hiannn!
Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by IamLEGEND1: 5:37am On Aug 05, 2015
What in God's name is this nonsensé?
but why the second girl dey do face like dat,
it seems like she is enjoying the thing in-Toto....
hahahahahahahahaaaaaa....
(gerrit? in toto)
#WordplayBitch

5 Likes

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by lonelydora: 5:41am On Aug 05, 2015
This is serious. Well, if that's their culture, there's nothing I can say.

Meanwhile, I never knew virginity can be tested by mere looking? I thought something must go in first and then you see blood stains?

2 Likes

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by ORACLE1975(m): 6:03am On Aug 05, 2015
Okay o
Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by JohnReese: 6:05am On Aug 05, 2015
Smh
Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by zealot4me(f): 6:11am On Aug 05, 2015
^^^^ Perve*rt

5 Likes

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by Infomizer(m): 6:11am On Aug 05, 2015
Smh..
Make dem continue o..Na dem kulture for dia be teacher for dem..
Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 05, 2015
This story is not completely true. In Swaziland & parts of South Africa they do virginity testing. IT IS NOT COMPULSORY. Those that take part in it, do so on their own accord.

King Muswati DOES NOT choose a wife from the little children, he chooses from the older girls & to my understanding, the girls have a say. They can say, no.

Btw, even his daughters take part in the ceremony. It is called Reed Dance or uMhlanga. The history behind it is that, in the past, they used to send virgin girls to go pick up the reed that would be used to build the palace's cattle kraal. I don't know how it is in West Africa, but in the SADC, the kraal is the most important part of a homestead. It should be pure (women aren't allowed in the kraal) because that's where most family rituals are done, so I guess that's why virgins were allocated the task of picking up the building material. Now times are different, however,not every girl that claims to be a virgin is a virgin, like in the olden days, that's when the testing comes in, just to make sure they're still "pure" before carrying such an important royal task. It has now become part of their lifestyle to remain virgins because they want to be part of the celebrations & of course some have the hope of being the King's next bride. They're there to peacock for him--some & some are just there for the ceremony because it is considered an honour to be part of that.

Anyway, the 1st pic is king muswati's own daughter. She also takes part in the reed dance. The 2nd pic is of the girls, the potential brides to be aka palace's virgin reed pickers. 3rd pic is an example of a kraal.

22 Likes

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by Cutehector(m): 6:13am On Aug 05, 2015
But the girls are happy... Look at their faces grin

Who doesn't wana be d king's wife...

Introvert tongue

1 Like

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by chaptersix(m): 6:19am On Aug 05, 2015
INTROVERT:
This is absolutely ludicrous and archaic.
Any one on Nland speaks better english than this babe?

1 Like

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by chaptersix(m): 6:21am On Aug 05, 2015
PunkyVeer:
This story is not completely true. In Swaziland & parts of South Africa they do virginity testing. IT IS NOT COMPULSORY. Those that take part in it, do so on their own accord.

King Muswati DOES NOT choose a wife from the little children, he chooses from the older girls & to my understanding, the girls have a say. They can say, no.

Btw, even his daughters take part in the ceremony. It is called Reed Dance or uMhlanga. The history behind it is that, in the past, they used to send virgin girls to go pick up the reed that would be used to build the palace's cattle kraal. I don't know how it is in West Africa, but in the SADC, the kraal is the most important part of a homestead. It should be pure (women aren't allowed in the kraal) because that's where most family rituals are done, so I guess that's why virgins were allocated the task of picking up the building material. Now times are different, however,not every girl that claims to be a virgin is a virgin, like in the olden days, that's when the testing comes in, just to make sure they're still "pure" before carrying such an important royal task. It has now become part of their lifestyle to remain virgins because they want to be part of the celebrations & of course some have the hope of being the King's next bride. They're there to peacock for him--some & some are just there for the ceremony because it is considered an honour to be part of that.

Anyway, the 1st pic is king muswati's own daughter. She also takes part in the reed dance. The 2nd pic is of the girls, the potential brides to be aka palace's virgin reed pickers. 3rd pic is an example of a kraal.
Student of history ah guess

2 Likes

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by chaptersix(m): 6:21am On Aug 05, 2015
Most of em have sagged breast... A turn off to any king..
Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 05, 2015
chaptersix:
Student of history ah guess

No, it's because we're part of the same "family" so I understand the culture well. The Swazi people, the Ndebele, the Zulu & the Xhosa people are all Nguni people. Meaning we're different tribes but share similarities not only in language but in culture as well.

PS, to show the "family" thing, I've noticed they have incorporated part of the Xhosa culture, namely the facial decorations & the black & white cloth some are wearing. However, I know they're not Xhosa because Xhosa don't do a reed dance. It must be either zulu girls or swazi girls because they're the only ones out of the four Nguni tribes with a king. Xhosa & Ndebele don't have an active kingdom/ruler, so there's no need to be picking reed.

6 Likes

Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by SPG4U(m): 6:36am On Aug 05, 2015
[size=20pt]how old was the king
At that time[/size]
Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by chaptersix(m): 6:41am On Aug 05, 2015
PunkyVeer:

No, it's because we're part of the same "family" so I understand the culture well. The Swazi people, the Ndebele, the Zulu & the Xhosa people are all Nguni people. Meaning we're different tribes but share similarities not only in language but in culture as well.
Which country or state is d nguni tribe
Re: (photos): King Of Swaziland Publicly Test Girls Virginity Before Choosing A Wife by onyi4edu(f): 6:47am On Aug 05, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Your write-up is more informative

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Birmingham Student Mocked For 32HH Boobs Raises Fund For Breast Reduction (Pix) / Cheating Married Woman Exposed After Sending Intimate Pictures To Lover. / Could This Be An Invitation For Sex???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.