Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Chibok Girls: US Congress Woman Flays Lawmakers’ indifference - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok Girls: US Congress Woman Flays Lawmakers’ indifference (390 Views)

Arinzechukwu Awogu Flays Obi Over Utterances Against Ndigbo / Forgery Trial : Ekweremadu Writes US Congress, EU Parliament, Others / Buhari’s Certificate: Defence Minister Flays Minimah Over Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibok Girls: US Congress Woman Flays Lawmakers’ indifference by ebonywilly(m): 6:28am On Aug 05, 2015
A United States of  America congress woman, Federica Wilson, has blasted  Nigerian lawmakers for not advocating the release of the missing 219 Chibok Secondary School girls.

The American lawmaker said the lawmakers had failed to identify with the struggle by the #BringBackOurGirls coalition advocating the rescue of the girls  abducted by  Boko Haram over a year ago.

Wilson who addressed  the BBOG sit-out at the Unity Fountain, Abuja on Tuesday said it was part of the responsibilities of the lawmakers to also come out and canvass the release of the school girls.

She specifically called on lawmakers from the North-East region to take up the Federal Government and state governors on what efforts had been made to rescue the girls.

Wilson said  Nigerians should stand up for their rights and ask their elected representatives questions, noting that it is the duty of the elected officers in different offices to take care of those who elected them.

According to her, the election of President Buhari and other political office-holders marked the beginning of a new era for Nigeria as a country.

She said, “Believe me, you have the power to put pressure on the people you elected  to deliver to the people of Nigeria and to stamp out boko Haram, and find the Chibok girls.

“I have been supporting them from day one, I didn’t even know that this was even taking place, it has been so quiet, but one day somebody phoned me and I heard that they kidnapped girls in Nigeria and it has been going on for a longtime. So when I found out, I went straight to the Congress and filed two bills that were passed, which helped the President to establish victims funds.”

“That helped to bring money to the victims and helped those girls that escaped from Boko Haram. United States has invested money into the Army in making sure that they are ready for battle, and the Victims Funds.”

The lawmaker who represents the state of Florida in the Congress, challenged Nigerians to hold their lawmakers and political officer-holders accountable, stressing that it is the duty of the elected officials to deliver on their promises to the people.
Re: Chibok Girls: US Congress Woman Flays Lawmakers’ indifference by bewla(m): 6:31am On Aug 05, 2015
e
Re: Chibok Girls: US Congress Woman Flays Lawmakers’ indifference by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:32am On Aug 05, 2015
k is what i have got to say untill you bring your source then call me to modify.
Re: Chibok Girls: US Congress Woman Flays Lawmakers’ indifference by sentaljohn(m): 6:33am On Aug 05, 2015
who the fvck is this one...I hate it when someone who doesn't know what's happening spills trash all in the name of talking.....coming from you, a USA congress woman....only if u would be able to tell us how u were able to defeat terrorism in ur country
Re: Chibok Girls: US Congress Woman Flays Lawmakers’ indifference by Greyworld: 6:41am On Aug 05, 2015
Did she say ACCOUNTABLE?
Re: Chibok Girls: US Congress Woman Flays Lawmakers’ indifference by davspog2(m): 6:49am On Aug 05, 2015
Our own law makers don't have such sense, but if it's to fight for position and their pocket they are so good when it comes to that
Re: Chibok Girls: US Congress Woman Flays Lawmakers’ indifference by richidinho(m): 6:50am On Aug 05, 2015
D

(1) (Reply)

I Hope Amaechi Is Not Among Those Mr /mrs Integrity Buhari Will Appoint / Nine Kogi State Workers Die Due To Non Payment Of Salaries / Are We Rejoicing Too Early Over Loot Recovery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.