Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos (1384 Views)

5 Safety Tips For Driving At Night / 10 Tips For Driving Safely Around Large Trucks Or Buses / Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 6:57am On Aug 05, 2015
Driving in Lagos, Nigeria is one of the most frustrating and dangerous things one can experience in his or her lifetime. However, here are 10 commandments to keep you safe on the roads of Lagos-

1) Thou shalt not drag road with taxi drivers and danfo drivers

-for they will brush your car and not care because they don’t own theirs

2) Thou shalt not argue with LASTMA and Policemen

-for thy fine will be greater

3) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s lane during rush hours

-for you shall not pass

4) Thou shalt not drive alongside trucks with containers

-for you shall be on 9 O’clock news if the container falls on your car

5) Thou shalt give way for police and military convoys

-or else, you shall be disciplined with the rod

6) Thou shalt remember to dodge potholes

-for it is merciful on your suspension and tyres

7) Thou shalt not forget to use the horn frequently

-for it is the only way to communicate with Lagos drivers

8.) Thou shalt expect abuse when using a learner’s plate

-for it is the quickest way to learn not to mess up on Lagos roads

9) Thou shalt not underestimate the power of bribe in driving offenses

-for it is the tithe and Holy Grail our uniformed friends deserve

10) Thou shalt not drive from mainland to the Island during rush hours

-for thy journey will be long like an Israelite one

cc
Standd
Joseph1832
Ishilove
Lalasticlala

Source; http://allnaijablog.com/the-10-commandments-of-driving-in-lagos

3 Likes

Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by kossyablaze(m): 6:58am On Aug 05, 2015
Lastma

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by RichDad1(m): 7:00am On Aug 05, 2015
Agbero.
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:03am On Aug 05, 2015
kossyablaze:
Lastma

grin grin Nice one
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:10am On Aug 05, 2015
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by joseph1832(m): 7:13am On Aug 05, 2015
Danfo drivers are maniacs! Gosh the way and manner they drive calls for one to recommend that they all go for mental check-up.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:20am On Aug 05, 2015
joseph1832:
Danfo drivers are maniacs! Gosh the way and manner they drive calls for one to recommend that they all go for mental check-up.

That is why I dont drag road with them.

They dont care about the looks of their vehicle, they will bash you and still get passengers

1 Like

Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by joseph1832(m): 7:40am On Aug 05, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

That is why I dont drag road with them.

They dont care about the looks of their vehicle, they will bash you and still get passengers
They're a different set of maniacs...they're the primary reason why I'm scared of driving.
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:41am On Aug 05, 2015
joseph1832:
They're a different set of maniacs...they're the primary reason why I'm scared of driving.

On the other hand, police is dealing with them.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2707878_yesmelo_png07d145075f3481b43fa160bd49dcd58b

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by anigbajumo(m): 7:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
Driving in Lagos, Nigeria is one of the most frustrating and dangerous things one can experience in his or her lifetime. However, here are 10 commandments to keep you safe on the roads of Lagos-

-for you shall not pass

cc
Standd
Joseph1832

Thou shall not 4get 2use sit belt,once victim of sit belt @costain last year .......

Bt u ar free of most dis @Abj city
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by sparkleboy(m): 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
That number 3 is so true
I had a serious experience with them at the traffic light on your way to Iyana-iPaja at a junction called Ile-Zik,
The last a woman said I ran a red light at the first junction, Na so I begin to argue , me wey no set light at all, Na call I dey make.
That's how they entered the car and said straight to PWd on Ikeja-along, that's when I started to beg, those women can be so harsh or nice depending on your approach.

I learnt my lesson though.

AllNaijaBlogger:
-for you shall not pass
cc
Standd
Joseph1832
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by AutoCarTracker(m): 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hahahaha very funny indeed
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
sparkleboy:

That number 3 is so true
I had a serious experience with them at the traffic light on your way to Iyana-iPaja at a junction called Ile-Zik,
The last a woman said I ran a red light at the first junction, Na so I begin to argue , me wey no set light at all, Na call I dey make.
That's how they entered the car and said straight to PWd on Ikeja-along, that's when I started to beg, those women can be so harsh or nice depending on your approach.

I learnt my lesson though.

I prefer women as a man. They can sometimes be lenient. I entered one chance with female LASTMA. I ended up giving her 2k and she said she would use it to buy dinner at TFC grin grin

1 Like

Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by mrmut2: 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
Too funny!

Truth- don't argue with LASTMA, they will just delay you and still fine you!
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
mrmut2:
Too funny!

Truth- don't argue with LASTMA, they will just delay you and still fine you!

grin grin
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by sparkleboy(m): 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

I prefer women as a man. They can sometimes be lenient. I entered one chance with female LASTMA. I ended up giving her 2k and she said she would use it to buy dinner at TFC grin grin

True. It was one that was begging the other to forgive me.
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2015
sparkleboy:

True. It was one that was begging the other to forgive me.

lol.....you be fine boy na grin grin grin
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by sparkleboy(m): 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

lol.....you be fine boy na grin grin grin
Lol
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by lonelydora: 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2015
So hilarious.
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
lonelydora:
So hilarious.

grin grin grin
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:48am On Aug 08, 2015
joseph1832:

Wait! Big boy like you no dey drive? cheesy
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by joseph1832(m): 10:34am On Aug 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Wait! Big boy like you no dey drive? cheesy
Nope! A big boy like me doesn't know how to drive. Aint no crime/shame in it!.
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:36am On Aug 08, 2015
joseph1832:
Nope! A big boy like me doesn't know how to drive. Aint no crime/shame in it!.

There is a crime ooo! Lagos babes nowadays dey look car!

Guy, we suppose meet up in GRA. Asper my parry- https://www.nairaland.com/2499724/nairaland-gamers-party-update

Wetin dey?
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by joseph1832(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

There is a crime ooo! Lagos babes nowadays dey look car!

Guy, we suppose meet up in GRA. Asper my parry- https://www.nairaland.com/2499724/nairaland-gamers-party-update

Wetin dey?
Indeed they do. But the ladies I go after look beyond the material...

Where in G.R.A.
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:39am On Aug 08, 2015
joseph1832:

Where in G.R.A.

Isaac John Street- the best street in GRA. Read the thread for details wink
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:40am On Aug 08, 2015
joseph1832:

Where in G.R.A.

If you are interested, mail me.....I will send you an IV
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by joseph1832(m): 10:44am On Aug 08, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

If you are interested, mail me.....I will send you an IV
Okay.
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by youngice(m): 11:42am On Aug 08, 2015
True
Re: The 10 Commandments For Driving In Lagos by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2015
youngice:
True
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Top Mileage / Experienced Uber/bolt Driver Needed - Toyota Corrolla 2006 / Is Pontiac G6 2009 A Good Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.