Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired (32857 Views)

Free Comprehensive Written Python Book For Engineering Students. / Team Humane App For The Blind Wins Microsoft Imagine Cup Nigeria 2016 / Is Freelancing As A Software Programmer Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by kobonaire(m): 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2015
vicenzo:
... USSR kept US on her toes for a very long time, forcing her to keep up with the technological development of the Russians.
too bad they could never build a decent commercial car .... the Lada is an embarrassment

3 Likes

Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by scholes0(m): 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2015
Kudos to these brilliant lads, for this wonderful innovation.
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by picoba(m): 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
You want to sell land . Chukwuemeka!

vwbeetle:
Nice one keep it up
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by bigdoo: 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2015
Given the right environment, I have no doubt that Nigeria and Nigerians will surprise the world in almost every aspect of human endeavour.

1 Like

Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by musicwriter(m): 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2015
bigdoo:
Given the right environment, I have no doubt that Nigeria and Nigerians will surprise the world in almost every aspect of human endeavour.

All we need is mass science education in Africa. I've been crying out loud for this for ages.

Once Africa get science right, we will be so much technologically advanced and wealthy that white people can only envy us. We already have a natural potential to out-do the rest of the world, just that we're still in inertia.

1 Like

Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by Dexema(m): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2015
Repping OAU,the guys chilling at new buka,make una enter a la carte order for anything u like,tell dem say dexter go pay. cool
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by Mackson01: 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
Great guys. You are well celebrated.
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by ezeama1010(m): 6:18pm On Aug 12, 2015
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by 7lives: 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2015
Abeg make this guys get patent right for this invention, i don't want to hear about how Awolowo used indigenization policy to steal this invention for some Yoruba boys.

1 Like

Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by forexbinary: 6:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

http://techpoint.ng/oau-engineering-students-build-humane-to-make-smartphones-accessible-to-the-blind/

This is the kind of news that gladdens my heart... There is hope for our youths!!!

Welldone guys - more grace to you.
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by Abelmoscus(m): 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
I believe in the Nigeria dream, one step at a time, we are getting there. Well done boys. Congrats. May this get the attentions of well meaning and patrotic Nigerians who can push this to international recognition
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by Evathyst(f): 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2015
VickyRotex:

Please what's the meaning of your Moniker?
'Aareonakakanfo' means the chief warlord of the Oyo empire and the yoruba land at large. Then, it was a legendary title bestowed on courageous individuals of high spiritual standing. But now, it has become more like a ceremonial title.

Back to the topic, students being doing what their lecturers don't have the intellectual capability to do. All most of our lecturers do is to carry their Sec Sch note come teach students. Kudos to our great students.

Proudly a Great Ife Alumnus!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by vodkat: 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2015
Nigerians have school mixed up, school is meant for you to learn a theory and then you go out experiment and build something but along hte line we have been taught that school is to learn theory and find a job which shd not be so
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by kjnr(m): 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
legendaryfool:
SEE AS THE THING LOOKS LIKE A BOKO HARAM-FRIENDLY DEVICE... RUBBISH!
make we see the good one you do abeg. Haba the guys try despite poor government support but stil they have courage. Let encourage and not discourage. Am sure you cant fix your charge back when it get cut but you called this rubbish
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by justmenoni: 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
Now this is innovation and not some mbaise helicopter dat can't even fly
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by Keepshining(f): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
Yipeeeeee good for you guys.What a wonderful innovation!.I'm proud of you guys.Oya receive your e-golden handshake.
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2015
justmenoni:
Now this is innovation and not some mbaise helicopter dat can't even fly
haba! Oga chill small Na. cheesy

1 Like

Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by Redstone(m): 8:16pm On Aug 12, 2015
Good good good all the way. Keep it up guys. Kudos.
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by Octaves(m): 9:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
Whatever the Americans and the rest have done, Nigerians can do and even better. We just need a govt that funds and provides the facilities for research and development. We also need Hi-tech investors

1 Like

Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by VickyRotex(f): 10:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
Evathyst:
'Aareonakakanfo' means the chief warlord of the Oyo empire and the yoruba land at large. Then, it was a legendary title bestowed on courageous individuals of high spiritual standing. But now, it has become more like a ceremonial title.

Back to the topic, students being doing what their lecturers don't have the intellectual capability to do. All most of our lecturers do is to carry their Sec Sch note come teach students. Kudos to our great students.

Proudly a Great Ife Alumnus!

Awwww!!! Thanks for the explanation.

Dont mind me, I'm Yoruba, but I haven't heard that word until yesterday.

Thanks once again!
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by aleem50(m): 10:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
vodkat:
Nigerians have school mixed up, school is meant for you to learn a theory and then you go out experiment and build something but along hte line we have been taught that school is to learn theory and find a job which shd not be so
You just spoke my mind. wink
vodkat:
You just spoke my mind.
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by Unclerukus: 12:21am On Aug 13, 2015
Am sorry I don't want to be a party pooper but most smart phones have an application that does this. e.g Siri on the iPhone and talk back on androids and they aren't bulky just in-app. The funny thing is if you travel abroad "basic" projects like this are done by teenagers. its commendable but we going gaga about this just shows how low the educational standard is, especially if its developed by probably the best students in one of the so called best in the country. its a basic software with level 1 difficulty. let's take a look and India and see what goes on there, you would understand. A college kid would do that even better without breaking sweat. This is basic coding. No big deal.
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by temitayomie: 1:47am On Aug 13, 2015
isan:
Stupid ibo people can never developed a device like dis they are only creative when it comes to cocaine and making baby factories

*durgebottle*
*durgeknife*
*pickrace*
I love the way people especially the Igbos ignore your comment. YOU ARE NOT A YORUBA!
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by justmenoni: 6:13am On Aug 13, 2015
grin grin >: grin grin

quote author=Teempakguy post=36892187]haba! Oga chill small Na. cheesy[/quote]
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by sayitright: 6:24am On Aug 13, 2015
Nice job..... but wetin person wey no dey see wan use smart phone do? plz invest in sumtin that will fetch u name and money.
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by joekool(m): 9:10am On Aug 13, 2015
good and impressive innovation, these guys must be encouraged...... smiley
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by Hayorcole: 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
A commendable feat achieved by these resilient young nigerians. I pray to see them at the top
Re: OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired by gbodimowo(m): 8:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
realborn:
This is the reason I strongly advise the new government to consider a "new technology hub"in every major city (Lagos, Kano, Port Harcourt, Enugu, Kaduna, Abuja) which can be as small as a multi-storey office building or as large as a village for young brilliant minds to develop and garner skills in latest software and hardware technology. In 5 years, Nigeria will surpass India in new technology revolution; massive reduction in unemployment; and there will be a major outsource of expertise to neighboring African countries and beyond.

Globalization, environmentalism and sustainability are the sure fire ways for human capital development.

Well done guys!

Cc MizMyColi smiley

okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team / What Is Computer Programming / Microcontrollers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.