Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,117 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:16 AM

August Break; Dairy Of A Married Bachelor-day5- Regrets,tears And Blood - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / August Break; Dairy Of A Married Bachelor-day5- Regrets,tears And Blood (932 Views)

A Song Of Gold And Blood / August Break; Dairy Of A Married Bachelor-day6- Married Strangers / AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Bachelor- Day4- Honeymoon Or Honeygloom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

August Break; Dairy Of A Married Bachelor-day5- Regrets,tears And Blood by lyricalpontiff(m): 10:03am On Aug 05, 2015
At dawn the next morning, I woke up with sober thoughts wrapped around hangover. Her eyes were a weeping sky, a noisy silence. Blood littered the bed. Words were killed by her sealed lips. I looked at the toilet mirror and I saw a heap of guilt. I leaned on the pillar of blames. I couldn’t read the spreadsheet of bitterness written on Angela’s face. In the mirror I saw a cross and I stood sturdy under the cross of marriage. I was under the burden of guilt; did my break point come so early? But the silence noise will not let me be and I will carry the cross on my shoulder. And nothing can come between me and my cross. I cannot deny that I broke into her innocence.
How will I tell god that my patience grew fungi on its tray? How does one scratch ones yaw of shame? Words fly away from me and I grope for rubbles of hope. Suddenly I find a ray of light in my darkness. The light hangs on a bottle. And I washed my mouth with my favorite Jack. I love Jack Daniel but I love my wife more. I was supine with shame for all the sins I count against myself. O! My wife strikes me even more. She looks at herself and exclaims “I never wanted this marriage; I married a rapist and a beast”. This isn’t sheer impudence but for her tears and blood staring back at me. All these while I never realized that I was naked. I feel Adams unclothedness, so quickly I dressed myself and met on the side of the bed. “We are who we are, humans and fatally flawed. I am who I am, sad and achingly wrong. I am very sorry for what I have done and I vow to make it up to you”. My whispers hit a wall of contempt. I continued in tears “if only I knew you were a virgin, how was I to know? To every wound there is a balm, for every sorrow there is a cheer. I want to be ale to your thirst”. Finally silence is broken from her lips. She shrugged her shoulders and says “so I am fated to bear this pain called marriage”. We argued back and forth but I was able to quench the combusting fire I put up. I wonder the inscription on the placard on her mind. I knew the love I had for her grew but I felt that she hated me more. One day her heart will find a healing balm; it will come maybe on the wings of words. And smiles, happiness and laughter will be minty in the wind.

Re: August Break; Dairy Of A Married Bachelor-day5- Regrets,tears And Blood by MirandaPrestly(f): 8:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
still following

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Marionette – DEBORAH DAN-ASISAH / The Scary Beauty / All That Glitters.............

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.