Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Tips On How To Avoid Sleeping During Night Vigils.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tips On How To Avoid Sleeping During Night Vigils.. (2291 Views)

How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com / Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils / 5 Techniques You Can Apply To Avoid Sleeping In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On How To Avoid Sleeping During Night Vigils.. by omortoyosi01(m): 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
hmmmmmm....clears throat. As a very good christain and a regular church goer, i'm here today to present to you some simple steps to take during vigil to avoid sleeping or even dozing off.
Was sitting down alone jejely @ my working place browsing tru my phone on a cool friday afternoon[last wk] when our youth leader called me, he wanted to ask if i would like to attend a vigil @ one of our churches outside the town organized by the district pastor there and i told him i would love to. The time came and i found myself on a bike riding like it would last forever in the cool breeeze of the night. Finally we got there and i found myself dozing off even before the start of the program and i was like WTF, "y nah"
Really hates sleeping during vigil cos of what i used to heard about it that it is better to stay home than going to vigil to sleep make dem no cum carry wetin no be ur own give you so i had to stand up and meet our leader and he gave me some tips to observe to avoid sleeping during vigil and i also garnished mine own knowledge with it and alas we got a very good result....

[1]-Avoid closing ur eyes too much even while praying, open ur eyes occasionally to avoid sleeping.

[2]-Avoid opening ur eyes or gazing too much while the sermon is going on. gazing too much @ things might cause you too sleep so try to avoid it as much as possible.

[3]-Avoid wandering thoughts, let ur mind be settled at what's going on in the church and avoid thinking about any other thing else. Some are even in the habbit of thinking about their last sexcapades with a lady the previous etc....So to avoid sleeping shut ur minds off any other thing other than what is going on in the church.

[4]-Try pacing up and down while d prayer is going on. Dont just stay in a position, try pacing around as you are firing ur enemies.

[5]-Try to wear a cardigan to prevent too much cold from entering ur body.

[6]-Dont pray outside the prayer point the pastor is giving to avoid being bored and thinking that you have prayed all what you ought to pray.

[7]-tho this looks like a sin but it might also be useful....Try playing some vertical games like bike racing[ unlike pes or real football that is horizontal so the ushers wont find out in time] or try answering some random pings just to avoid some unnecessarily sleeps during the sermon.

[8]-Finally make sure you fire all ur enemies very well during the vigil and leave no stone unturned.

HIT LIKE IF YOU AGREE WITH THE LIST.....

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Avoid Sleeping During Night Vigils.. by NnaNna4(m): 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
Take a deep breath several times like u want to choke then wash your face with satchet water.

If the sleep persist then rebuke the f***ng spirit of slumber and you will be sober like day time

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Avoid Sleeping During Night Vigils.. by keandre: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
The best way is never to attend one

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Avoid Sleeping During Night Vigils.. by Tobyshegz(m): 10:49am On Aug 23, 2016
Go with a pack of pins, and you will be amazed.

(1) (Reply)

Faith Oyedepo At 60: How Bishop Oyedepo celebrate Wife (Pictures) / We Are Made In God's Image: How? / 5 Ways God Will Use Your Problem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.