Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News (31177 Views)

Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / Amina Mohammed Visits Giniwa Of Ogoniland / Photo Of Amaechi At The Launch Of Ogoniland Clean-Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
In keeping with his avowed commitment to working for the development and well-being of all Nigerians, President Muhammadu Buhari Wednesday in Abuja approved several actions to fast-track the long delayed implementation of the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) Report on the environmental restoration of Ogoniland.

The actions approved by President Buhari, based on recommendations to him by the Executive Director of UNEP, the UNEP Special Representative for Ogoniland, Permanent Secretaries of the Federal Ministries of Environment and Petroleum Resources, and other stakeholders, include the amendment of the Official Gazette establishing the Hydrocarbon Pollution Restoration Project (HYPREP) to reflect a new governance framework comprising a Governing Council, a Board of Trustees and Project Management.

The President further approved that the HYPREP Governing Council should be composed as follows:

Ministry of Petroleum Resources – One Representative
Federal Ministry of Environment – One Representative
Impacted States (Rivers) – One Representative
Oil Companies & NNPC – 4 Representatives
Ogoniland – 2 Representatives
United Nations System – One Representative
Secretariat – Headed by Project Manager

He also approved the composition of a Board of Trustees for the HYPREP Trust Fund as follows:

Federal Government – One Representative
NNPC – One Representative
International Oil Companies – One Representative
Ogoniland – One Representative
United Nations System – One Representative

Following a meeting held on the directive of President Buhari, it was also agreed that a contribution deposit of 10 million United States dollars will be made by stakeholders within 30 days of the appointment of members of the Board of Trustees for the Trust Fund who will be responsible for collecting and managing funds from contributors and donors.

A new implementation template has also been evolved at the instance of President Buhari, and the environmental clean-up of Ogoniland will commence in earnest with the President’s inauguration of the HYPREP Governing Council and the Board of Trustees for the Trust Fund.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/08/05/buhari-orders-fast-track-environmental-clean-up-of-ogoniland/

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
I really hate likes .. If them born u well , like this one

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by BlueK1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
The region really needs attention.

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by izeeqpotter(m): 5:10pm On Aug 05, 2015
Blood moneyland Pls clean the "blood from off the land too!".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by seunmsg(m): 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
Good news for ogoni people. At long last, the UNEP report will finally be implemented. Kudos to PMB for taking this bold step. Shame on GEJ and other bigots. A northern president is about to do for Ogoni people what a southern president cannot do.

306 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by fulanimafia: 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sai Buhari!

PMB will end up doing more for the SS than a dozen Jonathans could ever do. I've said it that Tompolo might end up leading PMB's next campaign in the south.

223 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by vedaxcool(m): 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
Buhari slow down you are moving too fast, the foolish taniods have lost balance as result of your fast and furious actions! Where are those accursed elements who say Buhari is a sectional leader? See ya Life!

193 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Beremx(f): 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
Jonathan who is from the Niger-Delta refused to heed to the demands of the Ogoni people to clean up their land messed up with oil. A Fulani man is now going to do it.
I remember this was one of the campaign promises of President Muhammadu Buhari,he is already fulfilling the promise.

Why would I stop loving my President?

286 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by LoveMachine(m): 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
Gbagam!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by vivypretty(f): 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by delugajackson: 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
Nice move my able President.,I strongly believe you will do better than your predecessor.,we are getting there.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by ANBAKO: 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
Action!!!! Slow and steady......

21 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by fulanimafia: 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2015
SHAME on Jonathan!

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by CreampieAngela(f): 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2015
Beremx:
Jonathan who is from the Niger-Delta refused to heed to the demands of the Ogoni people to clean up their land messed up with oil. A Fulani man is now going to do it.
I remember this was one of the campaign promises of President Muhammadu Buhari,he is already fulfilling the promise.

Why would I stop loving my President?
Jonathans presidency was to the benefit of only few of his Ijaw cronies. The other ethnic groups in the Niger Delta were neglected. You remember what the Olu of Warri told Gej after Tompolo threatened him from commissioning the $16bn EPZ project at Warri

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Beremx(f): 5:26pm On Aug 05, 2015
CreampieAngela:
Jonathans presidency was to the benefit of only few of his Ijaw cronies. The other ethnic groups in the Niger Delta were neglected. You remember want the Olu of Warri told Gej after Tompolo threatened him from commissioning the $16bn EPZ project at Warri
yes I remember. Infact the only Itsekiri man who benefited from Jonathan's government was Ayo Oritsejafor. Jonathan really marginalized other ethnic groups in the Niger-Delta.

Too bad!

Lalasticlala FP please! Let's appreciate our darling president one more time.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by fulanimafia: 5:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
PMB is doing a Jega on the eternal wailers.

#slow&steady

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by allanphash7(m): 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
No time to waste time

Wailing wailers how far

46 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by seangy4konji: 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
Good one boss...

One Nigeria.

PS...I owe the person above me one plate of goat meat pepper soup and 3 Goldberg...abeg make una free the wailing wailers make we deh jolly deh go as 1 Nigeria.

@cr77 I go like to work under you.

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by alaoeri: 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
Thing Jona is incapable of doing despite coming from that region.

30 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by ultrazone2(m): 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
sfdsf

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
Ok

Check my signature
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Chidexter(m): 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
H,,mmm
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by yomalex(m): 5:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
Good step
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
seems to be good news recently

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by Drsheddy(m): 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
BUHARI D Action pres dent ..

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by deebsman1(m): 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
where d wailers??

24 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by kingarizona1(m): 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
fulanimafia:
Shame on Jonathan!

Shame on your A*s too

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by coolitempa(f): 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
God bless our amiable President....slow, steady and sure..... cheesy

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by GINJALAND: 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sai somebody...

Video : Boko Haram Release New Barbaric Video Of Beheading ( Download)
http://ginjaland.com/videos/video-boko-haram-release-new-barbaric-video-of-beheading-download
Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by dayo23(f): 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
Captain6:
Where is Barcanista, the leader of the wailers association nairaland chapter. WANC
I hear say him and mogidi dey queue for PDP Secretariat to collect their monthly #5000 payment.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by ayokellany: 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2015
Waiting to hear from the children from the tribe of hate to tell who the dullardinh0 really is btw the lunat1c that can not clean up his own backyard and their acclaim bigoted foreigner cleaning up their land within 3 month as president while their native drunkaed couldn't deem it fit in 6 years as president simply because of inherited hate which is already destroying their unborn generation.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Fast-track Environmental Clean-up Of Ogoniland - PM News by dayo23(f): 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2015
ayokellany:
Waiting to hear from the children from the tribe of hate to tell who the President Buhari really is btw the lunatic that can not clean up his own backyard and their acclaim bigoted foreigner cleaning up their foreign land within 3 month as president while their native drunkaed couldn't deem it fit in 6 years as president simply because of inherited hate which is already destroying their unborn generation.
well said, very well said bro and in addtion this is a very bad news to the Biafra movement as the south south people as a whole are benefiting more from Mr President than the daftt one from Otueke.

29 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. / June 12: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Democracy Day (Live Updates) / Unknown Gunmen Attack 2 Police Stations In Akwa Ibom State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.