Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today (3066 Views)

Mmm-i Received Gh Alert Yesternigth / Firstbank Stealing #100 As Monthly Fee From Customers.. How Do we Get Justice / Feb 2016 Fixed Deposit Rates: GTB, Diamond, Firstbank, Stanbic, Sterling, Wema (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by dalemat: 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hello friends,

I write to express my displeasure about how I was treated at firstbank ikotun branch. It is not fair the stress a customer is made to pass through to get a service all in the name of valid identification.

This is my story

During my service days, we were made to open a bank account actually I open 2 accounts. One was for my NYSC Allawee and the other one was PPA alawee which happens to be firstbank.

Unknown to me that the type of account is know as a corpers account and it is limited and as its restriction like maximum amount that can be deposited and stuff like that. I never knew.

I came to know about the limitations of the account a month ago. I was expecting a sum of money that was above N300,000 from a company that claimed payment has been disbursed. I told the company I had not received the money and I was told to print out my statement.

It happened twice only for me to discover that the account was limited. I explained to the company about the limitation of that account and I was told to upgrade the account or provide another account without such limitations.

I tried upgrading my account with firstbank ikotun branch at that instance so that I can receive the payment from the company and they bambosed me with the requirements and that it will take time or I should go to the branch were I open the account(akwaibom state were I served) CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS.

Well, I couldn’t travel to akwaibom and I could not wait that long for my account to be upgraded so I opted for my other bank(THIS IS HOW BANKS LOOSE CUSTOMERS BECAUSE OF REQUIREMENTS) I am coming to that in a moment.

I got the confirmation of account from my other bank without stress and disbursement of funds will be made soon by the company to my other account soon. Yesterday I decided to return to first bank to upgrade my account and activate my internet banking and make other enquiries.

Prior to this time, in the banking hall they pasted the requirements for opening accounts

VALID IDENTIFICATION(any one of them)
1. international passport
2. drivers licence
3. voters card
4. national identification(I presented this one and was refused NINS)

UTILITY BILLS(any one of them)
1. nepa bills(3months)
2. water bill
3. house rent receipt or tenement agreement

This was pasted in the banking hall and I made sure I have everything even extra.

I received a rude shock yesterday and I was also insulted by one of the staff or the staffs. How you may ask?

When it got to my turn I requested for an upgrade of my account and I was told to go and get A VALID ID and UTILITY BILL. It was as if he wanted to discharge me quick so he can continue with his work and paused when I told him I had every documents(international passport, nepa documents(photocopy) and my house rent receipt(original copy) which I just paid for about a week ago).

After filling the form, I submitted the form and my documents. He looked at the nepa documents and said it was a copy and that he needed to sight the original copy before he could proceed. I said well I have my house rent receipt. This is where I got insulted and I will explain.

He looked at the house rent receipt and showed two of his colleague and made a comment that the receipt dosent look original that it looks like all those road side receipt. I was angry and said why would he say such a thing that this was the receipt issued to me after paying my house rent in the same firstbank ooo bearing my name and my house address.

It is not fair and I think I deserve an apology from them. And come to think of it whether it is fake or not. Is it not their duty to check whether I actually live at that address or not.

FIRSTBANK IKOTUN IT IS NOT FAIR AND I THINK I DESERVE AN APOLOGY FOR THAT STATEMENT BY YOUR STAFF. HE MAY DENY IT THOUGH. BUT HABA IT IS NOT FAIR.

Well, I let that pass and decided to go home angry of course. I met with my landlady to give me the original copy of the nepa documents with the hope that I will be attended to today. My brothers and sister I received a ruder shock today if you permit me to use the word.

I met with the lady and explained that I was here yesterday and I was asked to bring the original nepa documents. She sighted it and said it can not be accepted because there was a biro writing on it.
The so called biro writing was on power holding official letter head and stamped. It is also accompanied with a payment receipt. She said it was for the prepaid meter and that I needed to go to power holding for them to print a slip for and all that. I went to power holding to get the slip and I was told to bring my card.

I had to go back home collected the card and that of my landlady just incase for them to print out the slip. I received another shocker I was told to make payment to the card for a receipt to be generated for me. My brothers and sisters I have never been frustrated like this before in my life. I just left and decided to come back home.

Well this is what I have to say to FIRSTBANK IKOTUN BRACNH

1. You may end up loosing more customers than gaining them with this overly strict IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENT. I think it is taken to the extreme.

It should be noted that the same documents rejected by FIRSTBANK IKOTUN was accepted by ACCESS BANK IKOTUN for similar transaction without any stress at all. You can go there and confirm if you which.

2. I met an elderly man in his sixties complaining bitterly about this and that requirement from FIRSTBANK IKOTUN that he had to come with all the documents he had at home just incase. I would have taken the snap shot but it escaped me.

3. Some of the laws should be waived. yes we know security is very important. But in my own case I came with a valid means of identification(INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT) and utility bill (nepa document and house rent receipt). Even though the nepa document was deficient for the fact that I also have a house rent receipt bearing my name and house address wasn’t that sufficient enough to be attended to. At least it is pasted as part of the requirement in the banking hall so I wonder why it was rejected by some over zealous staff(SORRY NO OFFENCE I TRY TO KEEP MY ANGER AT CHECK)

4. Finally, if there is any SENIOR FIRSTBANK BANK STAFF reading this post who can help me resolve the issue I will really appreciate it.

I like firstbank and still want to continue banking with them.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long epistle just trying to express the way I feel.
Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by INTROVERT(f): 7:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
you a should have made noise in the bank asking for the ops manager or branch manager because bankers don't like noise made in banks. All banks have phone numbers pasted on the walls in case of a complain about poor services.

my 2kobo

3 Likes

Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by Efostick(m): 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
Too Long angry angry angry
Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
sh*t happens...
Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by Femolacaster(m): 7:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sorry ehn!
Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by tonnieblaise(m): 7:27pm On Aug 05, 2015
why go through all this stress to upgrade an account....i'll just empty the account and walk out...what nonsense...customer care service in most banks is zero, fraustrated set of people that are looking for whom to unleash their anger and fraustration on ...

#iranu
Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by Abduletudaye(m): 7:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
na wa
Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by dalemat: 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2015
INTROVERT:
you a should have made noise in the bank asking for the ops manager or branch manager because bankers don't like noise made in banks. All banks have phone numbers pasted on the walls in case of a complain about poor services.

my 2kobo
thanks introvert, i hear people get their banking issues resolved by creating a scene. i dont really know how to do that. I have the intention of calling their number maybe tomorrow but again i remembered i had a similar issue with UBA and posted it here on nairaland. And before i could say JACK ROBINSON the issue was swiftly resolved. I decided to use the same medium.
Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by Pierocash(m): 7:31pm On Aug 05, 2015
urs is better, sometime ago I wanted to withdraw frm my account, I was told my signature isn't regular after signing abt 5x.the lady denied me d withdrawal, I shouted and yelled at her, I told her ok I want to close my account give me all my money, d protocol officer begged me and I was granted my request.
most times u need to learn Hw to yell and shout at them and u wil see them comply.
Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by prestige2013: 7:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
First Bank na Bank in this jet age.
Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by dalemat: 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
tonnieblaise:
why go through all this stress to upgrade an account....i'll just empty the account and walk out...what nonsense...customer care service in most banks is zero, fraustrated set of people that are looking for whom to unleash their anger and fraustration on ...

#iranu
Infact out of anger i said i wanted to close the account and i was told i needed to go to akwa ibom were i open the account.

I JUST LAUGHED IN SWAHILII grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by Skoopy(m): 7:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
Op sef get time. Must you bank with them?
Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by dalemat: 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
Pierocash:
urs is better, sometime ago I wanted to withdraw frm my account, I was told my signature isn't regular after signing abt 5x.the lady denied me d withdrawal, I shouted and yelled at her, I told her ok I want to close my account give me all my money, d protocol officer begged me and I was granted my request.
most times u need to learn Hw to yell and shout at them and u wil see them comply.
YOU GO FEAR FEAR OOOO grin grin grin
Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by gabazin080(m): 7:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sorry am too lazy to read this long article
Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by tonnieblaise(m): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2015
dalemat:
Infact out of anger i said i wanted to close the account and i was told i needed to go to akwa ibom were i open the account.

I JUST LAUGHED IN SWAHILII grin grin grin grin
lolz...thats pathetic, I need not announce it sef, i'll 'jejely' withdraw all i can i dash dem the change.
Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
I was at the same first bank, ikotun last month to upgrade my NYSC account. When the tall fair dude told me the requirements, i just swerve. I didnt bother going back knowing that branch has staffs that smoke weed before coming to work... sorry for the stress op

2 Likes

Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by Sunday8650: 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2015
I don't know, why someone will insult me on top my own money. Ha!!! Account close ni!! I dont take rubbish oh!! Even if it is 50 naira in the account i will withdraw it. I am even ready to spend 5000 just to collect that 50 naira. angry

Haaah!! ask UBA dey know me well! I spend 15,000 to make a driver's license just to close an account that have N3000. When there is more than 20banks i will now stand on a queue while one small boy will raise his voice on me. That bank go see craze that day. OP that experience na 4 u alone. It is not every face that they can dare that rubbish with.

What is annoying is when they were laughing at u. On top my money! angry

1 Like

Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by isikcomen(m): 10:04am On Dec 21, 2017
bro u are very lucky I didn't get to know u r dalemat.. I would hv hold ur leg tight coz I use first bank ikotun almost everyday.. but if you do hv any issue.. contact me bro I will call someone to help you out.. you hv affected my life positively.. contact me via isaacoyewande@gmail.com.. mind you I will also help u collect your phone from the people of the under world.. lol

dalemat:
Hello friends,

I write to express my displeasure about how I was treated at firstbank ikotun branch. It is not fair the stress a customer is made to pass through to get a service all in the name of valid identification.

This is my story

During my service days, we were made to open a bank account actually I open 2 accounts. One was for my NYSC Allawee and the other one was PPA alawee which happens to be firstbank.

Unknown to me that the type of account is know as a corpers account and it is limited and as its restriction like maximum amount that can be deposited and stuff like that. I never knew.

I came to know about the limitations of the account a month ago. I was expecting a sum of money that was above N300,000 from a company that claimed payment has been disbursed. I told the company I had not received the money and I was told to print out my statement.

It happened twice only for me to discover that the account was limited. I explained to the company about the limitation of that account and I was told to upgrade the account or provide another account without such limitations.

I tried upgrading my account with firstbank ikotun branch at that instance so that I can receive the payment from the company and they bambosed me with the requirements and that it will take time or I should go to the branch were I open the account(akwaibom state were I served) CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS.

Well, I couldn’t travel to akwaibom and I could not wait that long for my account to be upgraded so I opted for my other bank(THIS IS HOW BANKS LOOSE CUSTOMERS BECAUSE OF REQUIREMENTS) I am coming to that in a moment.

I got the confirmation of account from my other bank without stress and disbursement of funds will be made soon by the company to my other account soon. Yesterday I decided to return to first bank to upgrade my account and activate my internet banking and make other enquiries.

Prior to this time, in the banking hall they pasted the requirements for opening accounts

VALID IDENTIFICATION(any one of them)
1. international passport
2. drivers licence
3. voters card
4. national identification(I presented this one and was refused NINS)

UTILITY BILLS(any one of them)
1. nepa bills(3months)
2. water bill
3. house rent receipt or tenement agreement

This was pasted in the banking hall and I made sure I have everything even extra.

I received a rude shock yesterday and I was also insulted by one of the staff or the staffs. How you may ask?

When it got to my turn I requested for an upgrade of my account and I was told to go and get A VALID ID and UTILITY BILL. It was as if he wanted to discharge me quick so he can continue with his work and paused when I told him I had every documents(international passport, nepa documents(photocopy) and my house rent receipt(original copy) which I just paid for about a week ago).

After filling the form, I submitted the form and my documents. He looked at the nepa documents and said it was a copy and that he needed to sight the original copy before he could proceed. I said well I have my house rent receipt. This is where I got insulted and I will explain.

He looked at the house rent receipt and showed two of his colleague and made a comment that the receipt dosent look original that it looks like all those road side receipt. I was angry and said why would he say such a thing that this was the receipt issued to me after paying my house rent in the same firstbank ooo bearing my name and my house address.

It is not fair and I think I deserve an apology from them. And come to think of it whether it is fake or not. Is it not their duty to check whether I actually live at that address or not.

FIRSTBANK IKOTUN IT IS NOT FAIR AND I THINK I DESERVE AN APOLOGY FOR THAT STATEMENT BY YOUR STAFF. HE MAY DENY IT THOUGH. BUT HABA IT IS NOT FAIR.

Well, I let that pass and decided to go home angry of course. I met with my landlady to give me the original copy of the nepa documents with the hope that I will be attended to today. My brothers and sister I received a ruder shock today if you permit me to use the word.

I met with the lady and explained that I was here yesterday and I was asked to bring the original nepa documents. She sighted it and said it can not be accepted because there was a biro writing on it.
The so called biro writing was on power holding official letter head and stamped. It is also accompanied with a payment receipt. She said it was for the prepaid meter and that I needed to go to power holding for them to print a slip for and all that. I went to power holding to get the slip and I was told to bring my card.

I had to go back home collected the card and that of my landlady just incase for them to print out the slip. I received another shocker I was told to make payment to the card for a receipt to be generated for me. My brothers and sisters I have never been frustrated like this before in my life. I just left and decided to come back home.

Well this is what I have to say to FIRSTBANK IKOTUN BRACNH

1. You may end up loosing more customers than gaining them with this overly strict IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENT. I think it is taken to the extreme.

It should be noted that the same documents rejected by FIRSTBANK IKOTUN was accepted by ACCESS BANK IKOTUN for similar transaction without any stress at all. You can go there and confirm if you which.

2. I met an elderly man in his sixties complaining bitterly about this and that requirement from FIRSTBANK IKOTUN that he had to come with all the documents he had at home just incase. I would have taken the snap shot but it escaped me.

3. Some of the laws should be waived. yes we know security is very important. But in my own case I came with a valid means of identification(INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT) and utility bill (nepa document and house rent receipt). Even though the nepa document was deficient for the fact that I also have a house rent receipt bearing my name and house address wasn’t that sufficient enough to be attended to. At least it is pasted as part of the requirement in the banking hall so I wonder why it was rejected by some over zealous staff(SORRY NO OFFENCE I TRY TO KEEP MY ANGER AT CHECK)

4. Finally, if there is any SENIOR FIRSTBANK BANK STAFF reading this post who can help me resolve the issue I will really appreciate it.

I like firstbank and still want to continue banking with them.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long epistle just trying to express the way I feel.
Re: Firstbank Ikotun Branch: A Painfull Experience I Received Yesterday And Today by Immacula8(m): 11:39am On Dec 21, 2017
Pierocash:

Why do we have to become bingo in the banking hall for people to do their job?

Its sickening angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Risevest Review - Scam Or Legit / Buying And Selling Of Gift Cards And All Funds / Latest Info On Funds Trapped In MMM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.