Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account (62513 Views)

Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account / How To Get Dollar Into Your Domiciliary Account / CBN Bans Use Of Dollars For Overseas Fees, Medical Trips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by sanmibukunmi: 10:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
barcanista:

This will cause more harm to the naira. Anyway, this is an overflogged issue. Time will tell
The Gods have spoken!!!
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by sanmibukunmi: 10:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
barcanista:

This will cause more harm to the naira. Anyway, this is an overflogged issue. Time will tell
The gods have spoken!!!
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by menxer: 10:31pm On Aug 05, 2015
conyema12:
From the look of things, the new CBN policy is not a naira strengthening approach rather an anti-money laundering tactics.
The fact still remains that the strength of naira is quite feeble. Few weeks from now, the amount of dollar in circulation mostly from BDC operators will be spent, and scarcity of dollar will commence. I foresee a situation dollar will hit 280 per naira due to its scarcity, and it will mostly be sourced from neighboring countries and travelers.

if it is officially available but scarce on the black market, to whose advantage is that?

if only people with genuine foreign transactions look to buy dollars, officially, who will bother about black market rate?

4 Likes

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
@Activa Stop Blabbing and spewing poo, The fact that I don't buy into ur view should not get you exasperate, Jack!

This is a public forum. If you don't have something sensible to say on a topic, just shut up and move on. Na by force to comment?

Many of you need to learn how to conduct yourselves. Stop spreading ignorance and foolishness.

You guys find it so easy to call Buhari names but you're not acquitting yourselves on technical matters. You call Buhari a blockhead yet your own posts don't make any sense whatsoever!

Young boy, now run along to sexuality section. A man need not have sense before his manhood rises. That's where you belong.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by atlwireles: 10:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
menxer:

tell me how someone will go through these processes and go import fake or substandard goods?

Most importers already use this process. The people this will not work for, are the little people trying to make a living.
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 05, 2015
You are a soldier? #RespectBoss.. It is my prayer that Nigeria succeeds and we get things right. I have utmost regards for servicemen especially the military and police. I hope we get things right.
Asuokaa:

See en...most of your points bring out tribal issues not that ur trying to bring up tribal issues but most times it flare up ...see for example u make a comment on buhari, some group of ibo guys see it has an opportunity to become tribalistic which is wrong.. Buhari is a good man but in the wrong party direct it to the party more often not the man in charge u can't deny he is not trying
The likes of nmandi kalu I can bet come on nairaland to read comments or how can someone living in uk no more than we dat r living down in nigeria even femi adesina will always be on Nairaland.. Hope u get..so be more constructive bro... Nigeria is a country dat musnt fall I lost friends in this country dey payed with their life for it not minding their region at all... Soldiers r paying a price the politicians from the whole nigerians bought for us... Eg a captain and a lieutenant lost der lives this 2015 b4 buhari entered der first born were just 3months and 2weeks respectively.. We in the military r d one feeling the heat ...breakup is not something we want to see... And mind u am sure u knw BH was a political thing not religion that dey r bringing up nw
While many see him travelling a lot there r somethings he is doing dat most nigerians don't kwn..eg he travelled round troubled countries guess wat he discussed in summary "u guys just block BH from running while we destroy them".. But see we both knw dat this countries want glory not the end of BH, now it is biting dem hard

Like I said target the party not the individual

6 Likes

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by AdeniyiA(m): 10:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
barcanista:

are you looking at the long or short term effect?
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by mavinc4u(f): 10:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
How would people coming into the country from another country be able to change their currency since nobody would be accepting it here?

Why is bank card rate going up instead of coming down like parallel market and why is official rate still stable at N199? I still find it difficult to understand the joy in this news.
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by uridadole: 10:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
barcanista:

I don't know wht bacanister studied in schl but whatever, he seems to be too negatve in his observations. No economic policy is without (opportunity) cost. We must appreciate the effects of dollarised Nigeria economy to naira. Its not done any where. My company employs over 5000 foreigners and they are hitherto, paid in dollars direct to their home country accounts but due to this policy, they will now be paid in naira in nigeria (reduced pressure on forex) the employers may be compelled to substitute nigerians for these foreigner substantially. Tangible imports is usually thru form m which has not changed.
Let's be positive and pray for success of genuine efforts to rescue our country and our damaged economy.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by dvee2: 10:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
how about people that receive share dividend in Dollars into my Domiciliary account?
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by menxer: 10:43pm On Aug 05, 2015
atlwireles:

Most importers already use this process. The people this will not work for, are the little people trying to make a living.

little people can use their naira mastercard or PayPal (yes, linked to ur GTBANK mastercard)

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by ERODEDEAST(f): 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
cheesy. @Activa, funny enough I discovered the sexuality section is where you take your refuge circus clown, besides you are talking about conduct and ignorance spreading. Who is being foolish now the moment one has a different opinion from you Masturbators the next thing is to rush and call such fellow names. Why won't boo.hari be called names its glaring he is a "Blocked Head" ... Still waiting for 1$ = #1.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Boss13: 10:45pm On Aug 05, 2015
atlwireles:
Thousands of Nigerians living outside the country send products to their business partners and family members to sell on their behalf, thereafter return their monies back to them. This policy is going do damaged to these group of people. Many small import businesses have already been excluded from the forex market, even though their products are not prohibited, how will they make payments for products around the world?

This is another knee jerk reaction from the CBN, which will do the Naira and the economy no good.

I have concerns too. I think the CBN needs to educate the public. In a view of curbing money laundering, this directive is a welcome development, but my concern is for legitimate businesses. This also means if you travel and bring back dollars, no need keeping them or spending it here because it is useless
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by obrian(m): 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
dvee2:
how about people that receive share dividend in Dollars into my Domiciliary account?

Share dividends in dollars won't come as cash deposits. They will be transferred into the respective domiciliary accounts, so the ban does not affect such situations!

4 Likes

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
bejeria101:

dont mind them,so every deposit into a dom a/c is money laundering? The vaults are full? Yet pmb goes to borrow $75m,who is fooling who,abeg minus yahoo boyz,pple use those a/c for their legit biz spare us the drama
My brother, that's why I tire for that Emefiele of a man o. He's too quick to impress

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
owobokiri:

NgeneUkwunkita the village economist. What do you want to do with a "strong naira"?? This is not another political kiriji war. It is basic economics. I thought the APC wants to stimulate an export economy. . How can a powerful naira drive export? Lecture, sorry, humour us. .

What are exporting currently? Nothing but crude oil. Since we are still importing, Naira should be strengthened so that imported goods will be cheap in the meantime till we begin producing first for local consumption and then exporting.

The more Naira stregthens, the better for the man on the street.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Boss13: 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2015
mavinc4u:
How would people coming into the country from another country be able to change their currency since nobody would be accepting it here?

Why is bank card rate going up instead of coming down like parallel market and why is official rate still stable at N199? I still find it difficult to understand the joy in this news.

Foreigners from other country do not utilize cash so much like Nigerians. We just love our cash

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by ManTiger(m): 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2015
atlwireles:

You hit the nail on the head, this pretty much puts them out of business.
You can pay with your naira Master card on aliexpress I know and this issue is not about not being able to make importation, it's about discouraging the usage of dollar in our economy!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by menxer: 10:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
dvee2:

my understanding of this is that you can withdraw monies transferred/paid into your Dom account from abroad in NAIRA equivalent in NIGERIA or dollar, but cannot DEPOSIT DOLLARS in CASH in NIGERIA.

6 Likes

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by atlwireles: 10:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
menxer:

little people can use their naira mastercard or PayPal (yes, linked to ur GTBANK mastercard)

You people should acknowledge the fundamental problem here and stop fixing a capital flight problem with more capital control. The Naira is going down, there's nothing anyone will do to stop another 20-30% devaluation of the Naira before December. Nobody wants to be caught holding assets that is going lose 20 or 30 percent of their value in another 3 months.

Leave the small importers alone, they are not your problem.
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Boss13: 10:52pm On Aug 05, 2015
YerYer:
Naira won't appreciate due to this, it will only cause an abundance of dollars which will result in a pseudo depreciation of dollar.

Well the scarcity of dollars is what has made it appreciated to 230 per naira. The official rate is 190 per naira. Now that there will be excess dollars in the system, the naira will strengthen against the dollar in the parallel market (black market)

Bad market for BDCs and Mallams

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by menxer: 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2015
atlwireles:

You people should acknowledge the fundamental problem here and stop fixing a capital flight problem with more capital control. The Naira is going down, there's nothing anyone will do to stop another 20-30% devaluation of the Naira before December. Nobody wants to be caught holding assets that is going lose 20 or 30 percent of their value in another 3 months.

Leave the small importers alone, they are not your problem.

the BIG importers can go swim with all the forms A - Z, grin

5 Likes

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Femistico(m): 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
I blive its gonna be temporary
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by erico2k2(m): 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
menxer:

tell me how someone will go through these processes and go import fake or substandard goods?
this has little or nothing to do with imports rather it deals with foriegn currency in this case Dollar,there is nothing stopping me from going abroad with dollar acquired from any source to import goods. these are put in place if you want to buy dollar from so not the black mkt.I think that's what is going on here, don't you think so??
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by arsenal1(m): 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
mavinc4u:

It's 197
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by atlwireles: 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
menxer:

the BIG importers can go swim with all the forms A - Z, grin

You know what's funny, this will not hurt them, the N10-N15M annual importer will take this on the back. He is the loser here.
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Boss13: 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Yes through Form A or Form M! That is exactly what CBN wants to achieve with the new policy.

Actually if you read the directive you will observed that it was initiated by banks and not the CBN. The CBN only welcomed it since banks, on their own, stop receiving foreign currency deposits.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by philips70(m): 11:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
emorse:

What then would be the fate of small scale importers who import from aliexpress and their likes?

Have they also stopped your naira card from buying stuffs online? All the payment channels has been stopped?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by luthorcorp: 11:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
baba go slow in action...
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
cheesy. @Activa, funny enough I discovered the sexuality section is where you take your refuge circus clown, besides you are talking about conduct and ignorance spreading. Who is being foolish now the moment one has a different opinion from you Masturbators the next thing is to rush and call such fellow names. Why won't boo.hari be called names its glaring he is a "Blocked Head" ... Still waiting for 1$ = #1.

You're shameless.

You can't even write a clean paragraph yet you call someone else a 'blocked head' (sic).

Pathetic.
Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by DarryOsh(m): 11:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
Joe50:
last week i ordered for goods at aliexpress and i hope this policy won't affect the goods because it has not arrive yet. i used free shipping.

this is my first time to order from aliexpress with a test of $50.40

please how long will it get to Benin city. thanks.

LOL.
No, it won't affect your order. And you can even place more orders in future. It won't affect them.

Shipping to Nigeria using free shipping option usually takes between 3 weeks and 2 months or so. I'm sure you saw that on the site before placing your order.

1 Like

Re: CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
Boss13:

Actually if you read the directive you will observed that it was initiated by banks and not the CBN. The CBN only welcomed it since banks, on their own, stop receiving foreign currency deposits.

Banks initiated this move not CBN, that means Emefiele is a dullard; he should be sacked immediately.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How We Caught Access Bank’s Account Hacker, Chris Ihebuzo — EFCC / Allen Onyema: How I Made My Money To Start Air Peace / Woman Kerosene Black Market Seller Opens Her Own Filling Station (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.