Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! (20877 Views)

Burial Of Boy Killed During Demolition Of Eke-Ukwu Market In Owerri (Photos) / James Ibori Conferred With Chieftaincy Title "Ezi-Oyi Anioma" In Delta (Photos) / Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 06, 2015
melzabull:
Yes'ooo! I'm from ogwashi-ukwu in anaocha S. No amount of blackmail by the oily brains can distance us from our siblings. Enough is enough! cool
how can someone wake up and tell me that I'm a nigerdeltan when I speak Igbo, bear Igbo name, speak Igbo to my children and yet you say I'm not Igbo. Our elders need to do the right thing ASAP before we become lost forever.

Nigerdelta is not a tribe, its only a region, I'm as Igbo as a nigerdeltan from IMO state.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 06, 2015
podosci:
Edo state

So why are u not dictating to Oduduwa kingdom how u will not be part of them, u see?

Remove Igbo part of Edo, we no get business that area, we respect the monarchical system of leadership in Edo, and at such we respect the seat of Oba of Benin, but in Biafraland we are republican, so you people and Oduduwa fit wella.
In Biafraland we believe that God is the one and only king.

Sir, kindly adjust ur view a bit, look west side, the east side is for us.
thank u very much.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by melzabull(f): 12:03am On Aug 06, 2015
podosci:
Edo state
This is how you look for trouble. Op was very clear that he was referring to Igbos in SS.

OK on a second thought, I know that igbankes in Edo have igbo ancestory and some have made efforts to have their community re-united to the Anioma people.

Anyway my earlier swipe still stands wink

3 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by podosci(m): 12:04am On Aug 06, 2015
You seriously misunderstand me....The south south states have nothing to gain from the five eastern states, that's what I am saying

6 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by coolscott(m): 12:05am On Aug 06, 2015
EasternLion:

For real?
Don't you know?
Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 06, 2015
So we can argue for sokoto Hausa, Borno Hausa, Niger Hausa.
And for Hausa bakwai versus Hausa banza
Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by melzabull(f): 12:07am On Aug 06, 2015
menabadoo:
how can someone wake up and tell me that I'm a nigerdeltan when I speak Igbo, bear Igbo name, speak Igbo to my children and yet you say I'm not Igbo. Our elders need to do the right thing ASAP before we become lost forever.

Nigerdelta is not a tribe, its only a region, I'm as Igbo as a nigerdeltan from IMO state.
Well spoken nwannem!

Honestly its pathetic and annoying the same time when some fool wants to tell you who you are. like seriously? Infact I can't even wait for Anioma state to be carved out from Delta and re-integrated into the mainstream SE. This is long overdue, the evil ones just wish to keep us away from our siblings with their flawed geopolitical creation. they are the ones trying to create disparity with terms like delta igbo, anambra igbo, rivers igbo bla...bla...mtcheww. God punish them angry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 06, 2015
podosci:
You seriously misunderstand me....The south south states have nothing to gain from the five eastern states, that's what I am saying
its beyond state level now, its a tribe thing. You are probably a Bini or esan person, how do you thing me an Igbo from asaba will want to share a country with you, what do we have in common?
On what basis will an asaba man agree to share a country with an esan man if Nigeria divides? I don't understand you at all.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by podosci(m): 12:10am On Aug 06, 2015
The Igbo part of Delta can chose if they want to join their biafra brothers or join their SS brothers...simple

2 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by cjrane: 12:11am On Aug 06, 2015
bingala:

Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma,
Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware!
I am writing this message of Love specifically to
our brothers in Agbor, Anioma, Onicha Ugbo,
Ogwashi Ukwu, Asaba and others. Please beware
that a hermaphrodite who has gender identity
and goes by the name of NgeneUkwenu and his
partner Shachris are spreading lies on Nairaland
and the internet. With particular reference to this
thread created by this criminal called
NgeneUkwenu ;
Let me categorically tell you people as you all
know by now that there is nothing like Delta
Igbo, Anambra Igbo, Abia Igbo, Ebonyi Igbo,
Enugu Igbo or Imo Igbo. There is nothing even
like Rivers Igbo. IGBO IS IGBO ANYTIME,
ANYDAY! Biafraland encompasses everything
Igbo and our brothers in the struggle viz a viz
the Ibibios, Anangs, Efik, Ijaw and probably
Urhobo and others.
Of worthy note, there has been a proliferation of
threads on anything Igbo. Igbo this and Igbo
that. If you people are observant, you will notice
that most threads being created on Nairaland in
“apparent sympathy” to the Igbos are being
created by known Igbo and our Niger delta
brother haters. Example is this one created by
this Igbo and Niger Delta hater; shachris ;
Let us categorically also tell them that we are
not interested in their sympathy. We don’t need
anything from them. The Igbo nation is too big to
be marginalized or made to look like a minor
tribe. We are after a land of equity, truth, love
and justice. A land where every thing will be on
merit. A land where there will be nothing like
quota or tribalism. A land where the cut of mark
in university entrance examination will be equal
in every part of the nation. It is not a land where
the North will be given 70% cut off mark in jamb
while the East and West are given 250%!
We are always annoyed when people who are
not Biafrans or from biafraland create threads on
Nairaland and say stuffs like “My Igbo brothers”.
We are not brothers if you are not of the Biafran
nation or on the Biafran map.
There is nothing that makes us brothers with the
Hausa/Fulanis or the Yorubas. The Yorubas eat
Ewedu and Amala. We eat Ofe Onugbu and
Akpu. The Hausas drink Fura Di Nunu… (Blood
from an animal)…. While we drink Nkwu Ocha or
Nkwu Enu (Palm Wine). The Hausas cum
Yorubas worship Allah and follow the teachings
of Mohammed. We on the other hand worship
God (Chukwu Okike) and follow the teachings of
Jesus Christ of Nazareth. We were baptized,
sanctified and bought over by the blood of
Jesus. We were not born Muslims. We remain
full blooded Igbo till we die! We remain
Christians or Traditionalists till we die. When
the Hausas/Fulanis die, they head to paradise.
We on the other hand head to Heaven to see
Jesus and our ancestors. The bad ones among
you see Shaytan while the bad ones among us
see Ekwensu!
Politically, the Yorubas are known to have
traditional leaders whom they are alway
subservient to. The Hausa/Pulanis are always
known to have emirates and stuffs like that.
IGBBO LAND ON THE OTHER HAND IS A LAND
OF THE FREE LIKE THE UNITED STATES OF
AMERICA. A LAND OF OPPORTUNITIES
FLOWING WITH MILK AND HONEY! SAME GOES
TO ALL OUR BROTHERS IN THE STRUGGLE….
IJAWS, ANANGS, IBIBIOS, EFIKS ETC!
ALL AM TRYING TO SAY IN ESSENCE IS THAT
EAST SIDERZ CUM SOUTH SIDERZ DON’T ROLL
WITH NORTH SIDERZ OR THE WEST SIDERZ. WE
ARE FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT AND WE
SHALL REMAIN SO. NOTHING SHALL EVER
MAKE US REMAIN ONE. BIAFRA MUST STAND!
OF worthy mention, We congratulate president
Buhari on his appointment of an Igbo Son to
head the NNPC. KACHIKWU IS A FULL BLOODED
IGBO AND NOT DELTA IGBO AS BEING SPREAD
BY THE ENEMIES OF BIAFRA While we
congratulate Buhari, let it also be known to him
and Nigerians in General that we are not looking
for any compensation. We don’t need any
appointments. We don’t even expect anything
from Nigeria and The Nigerian government. ALL
WE ASK FOR IS A REFERENDUM!
While We still Congratulate Buhari on his mission
to Better Nigeria, we also call on the United
nations to give us a referendum. A referendum is
a we want. Simple!
We are not against Buhari making Nigeria better.
We even say more grease to his elbows. The
only thing is that we are not in support of him
having any plans for Biafraland. We have God
given leaders and warriors who will lead us to
the promised land. We don’t need appointments,
compensations or emoluments. All we want is
Biafra.
BIAFRA TILL WE DIE!
BY : EXCEL
By James Anyalekwa Emeh on 5th August 2015 ·
Posted in News

Ngeneukwenu or whatever he calls himself is a Fulani guy. Read his previous posts and know. It is a waste of time to read what such characters say. I respect those that identify with their tribe name and tell you why they are hateful towards others. Than those like ngeneukwuenu that are clearly too ashamed to identify with their tribe.
Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 06, 2015
podosci:
The Igbo part of Delta can chose if they want to join their biafra brothers or join their SS brothers...simple
you are yet to give me a reason why I would want to leave Igbo speaking people and make a country with esan or Bini ( I don't even understand the language)people. What do we have in common with edo people, we don't share anything with you, so why dictating for us?

Edo is culturally closer to the Yoruba's, in fact, I see Edo's and esans as Yorubas.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by pazienza(m): 12:18am On Aug 06, 2015
I don't remember seeing Edo area in any Biafra map. So why is an Edo person masquerading under the ambiguous term SS to feel important before Ndiigbo?

How can you reject someone that never wanted you to start with.

Edo can join Odua-Arewa, no love found, non lost.
Don't just hide under the SS term.

If there be any Edo group interested in joining Biafra, we would simply conduct a referendum there and give the people our terms and conditions in Biafra, which I am sure won't be far away from the things Ohanaeze Ndiigbo proposed below, but got rejected by Nigeria.
http://www.igbofocus.co.uk/Ohanaeze/OHE2/ohe2.html

Of course, there will be some little adjustments to that, adjustments that will make Biafra work better.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by podosci(m): 12:18am On Aug 06, 2015
The onitchas migrated from Edo....check your history

2 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by pazienza(m): 12:19am On Aug 06, 2015
podosci:

Speak for your Edo group. Leave other groups in SS to speak for themselves.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 06, 2015
podosci:

hehehe, dem don dey come.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by melzabull(f): 12:21am On Aug 06, 2015
podosci:
Sit down and evaluate it....apart from a very huge population of Igbos who would end up marginalizing us in the south south, what can we gain from the five eastern states? The beat economic decision would be to declare our own republic.
We would even gain money from taxing the biafran state on anything it wants to import through our air and land space, even waterways since the five biafran states would be landlocked
listen let me tell you, Edo people aren't even supposed to be in SS if not for political reasons, you lots better go with your yeroba cousins, that's where you belong.

Even if Biafra were to form a country with SS, edo state will not be part of it and mind you, edo was never part of the old eastern region. So stop disturbing your little mind cos the truth is we (Igbo) don't even want you guys, so you better wake up from your delusion and stop giving yourself a false sense of self-worth

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by coolscott(m): 12:22am On Aug 06, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^What are you on about!?.......Republic of SS states indeed!

I want you to list the ethnic groups that will make up this SS Republic....all because podosci says Igbos will marginalize them! Dude, if i were to ask you to mention the articles of association for ethnic groups that'll make up a Biafra or Lower Niger Republic what would be your answer? Do you actually know on what basis these ethnic groups would come together to form a nation?

So i'm to take it you're saying if Igbos leave Nigeria, you would want the Ijaw, Ibibio/Annag/Efik, Ikwerre, Ogoni, Ogba....and maybe Urhobo to form a country separate from Ndigbo? How do you intend to cajole or threaten those that may want to form a nation with Igbos? Remember your lies and divide-and-rule tactics employed pre and during the Biafra/Nigeria war cannot work today.....everyone is much more enlightened and have access to information at their finger-tips unlike before!

Now i want you to show how Igbos marginalized their neighbours in the past that warrants your assertion; i also want you to tell me if these other ethnic groups in the Niger Delta are today equal to the Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba; i also want you to tell me exactly which ethnic group in the South South you're from....this would help put things in proper perspective!

You say 'it's good to remain in Nigeria'? By this statement i assume you're ok with the status-quo as is presently obtainable?.....I assume so because i've not heard any agitation from you and your ilk for the country to be restructured to reflect how a true fiscally compliant federation should operate!

Cheers!
So you don't know that the kingdoms of the south south consider you inferior, you who could never make yourselves (culturally) into one kingdom before the white men came.
It is not as if you have even succeeded now.

You who never new the boundaries of Igbo land before the white men came (and even long after they came)

You who because you never formed yourselves into one political unit, never fought one single war (as the Igbo nation) against any one.

For hundreds of years, ancient kingdoms of the south south have had well organized systems plus national militaries.

We fought our wars on land disputes. Any attempt by neighbours to claim or annex the tiniest village on the outskirts of our kingdoms would attract the wrath of the full force of our military.

So when we look at you, we see clowns.

You did nor organise your self in the past, you failed to organise yourselves post-independence, and you still feel a zero need to organise yourselves now.

Individually, you achieve, but as a people, you are only to be pitied

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 06, 2015
podosci:
does that make Onitsha people edo people? Havent you heard the history that said the real lagosians migrated from edo?

2 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by melzabull(f): 12:25am On Aug 06, 2015
NormalCodes:

hehehe, dem don dey come.
lmao...as expected. Agents of Satan grin

4 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by cheruv: 12:28am On Aug 06, 2015
podosci:
Edo is not biafran na....I am talking about Republic of As states, it would make so much sense economically , I swear, we in the SS have nothing to gain from the eastern states
Edo is not counted among yet you're making noise.. What are you feeling like? undecided
Even the Mmoño won't be interested in you guys sef

4 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by pazienza(m): 12:29am On Aug 06, 2015
NAIJASOM:
Op, I have been on this forum long enough to know that the strongest defenders of Igbos on this forum are all Aniomas....Fact

You have nothing to worry about, we are used to the divide and conquer tactics. It will never work no matter how hard they try.

You are right. The fiercest Igbo posters we have seen in NL history were/ are from Anioma. Dozzybaba, Ejine, One Naira, Chyz( chai, I miss this Guy, the Ekumeku war commander himself).

And then we have the informative Ogbuefi( Agbotaen nemesis) Omonua, Olisaekere, fr3do.

And their numbers keep swelling.

For those other proudly Igbo Anioma sons and daughters that defend the Igbo Integrity here, that I couldn't remember their monikers now, unu gbagharam.

Jisinu Ike.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by melzabull(f): 12:30am On Aug 06, 2015
menabadoo:
you are yet to give me a reason why I would want to leave Igbo speaking people and make a country with esan or Bini ( I don't even understand the language)people. What do we have in common with edo people, we don't share anything with you, so why dictating for us?

Edo is culturally closer to the Yoruba's, in fact, I see Edo's and esans as Yorubas.
Nothing! Absolutely nothing!

How can you even refuse someone that never wants you in the first place? pathetic lots. bini, esan, of all people...mthew

Your last paragraph is so apt I could kiss you for it

3 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Ymodulus: 12:33am On Aug 06, 2015
[size=13pt]The Language Deception; The Biafran Struggle - The Games of Numbers, Pity, Size, Emotions and Lies. [/size]

Delta Igbo's - Ukwani , Asaba , IBusa , Ugwashi Ukwu , Agbor are not Igbos. Please Igbos stop the misinformation.

6 July 1967 , 14:05 first gun shot was fired, the sound produced to many might be interpreted in different coins, but reality check is it has only one coin. The shot signified the start of a civil war by a supposed Rebelist grouo as they are called, whose motive or agenda is their suppose "freedom and sovereignty ". While the war has come and gone, the happenings of the event has left a sad mark of regrets, bitterness, hatred, Lessons has been learnt, stories have been told, though these stories all have added ingredients to various levels. But truth still has it, the Rebels started the war and the gallant great soldiers of the Federal republic of Nigeria ended the war.

History are of no doubt much relevance as they have a big way of impacting our tomorrow decisions. Prior to the Biafran War, there was no disparity or Igbocism known as " Delta Igbos or River igbos" until the war started, and even while the war has come and gone. Prior to the war, Delta Igbos or River igbos are known as Bendel. However in a bid to brainwash the innocent Nigerians into fighting a war they Igbos brought the term known as Delta -Igbo

Today, there is a recent wake in the struggle of so-called Biafra and in this sensitisations by biafran freedom fighters (so the call themselves), there have been a deliberate misinformation and deception that the Delta - River Igbos are Igbos and as such, should fight for the actualization of Biafra. This deception has been so-reciprocated that the geneology of the Deltans and River Igbos have been changed by the Easterners. It is against this backdrop that this article was written.

Aim of Article is to sensitize Delta - River Igbos, that they are not Igbos and should never accept when to be called one or accept to be used as a tool by rebels to achieve / further their aims and agendas.

An Act of impunity irony, it is that the same people who are fighting for injustice melted on them in non actualization of Biafra, are deliberately and consciously trying to force others who they don't recognize as their own to join their struggle. Series of actions have been seen, which shows that the delta and river igbos are not igbos, however a few is listed below. Note the list is limited but not exhaustive.

1. The Rejection

The people of Anioma has been rejected today as igbo, they are even considered by the as “fake Igbos” who cannot speak Igbo properly, and this rejection has continued till date. Some other rejection events can been seen below
In 2007 prelude to the elections. Prof. Pat Utomi (from Ibusa – Delta State), wife solicited the support of the OHANEZE GROUP for her husband presidential ambition. Chief Orji Uzor Kalu also went to solicit for his too. Sadly, he (Pat Utomi) was rejected by the OHANEZE ELDERS. Some reports from Nigerian dailies hankered abject adroitly: “Is he really a proper Igbo man? Look at him; he cannot even speak Igbo properly.” Others even insinuated that his name did not sound Igbo. I was shocked to the bone marrow. I couldn’t believe what I was reading from prominent Igbo citizens. Instead of asking the two candidates to present their programmes and manifestoes, they were busy hankering on whether one of them is a “proper Igbo” or not. I was shocked of words. If any Igbo person does not know the meaning of Utomi, then that person should take a suicidal dive into the river Niger.” Interestingly, Pat Utomi is a member of Ohaneze Ndiigbo.

The appointment of Sir Mike Okiro as the Inspector General of Police is another case of rejection by the igbos. South Eastern Igbos, rejected Sir Mike Okiro in exchange for Ogbonnaya Onovo. This they did on the premise that, Onovo was an Igbo man. Also citing, the presidency act as a deliberate one to marginalize the Igbos, preventing them, from occupying such a sensitive position.
What does this makes Mike Okiro? A tribeless person or an outcast?

2. SELF SELECTION
Power and success they say attracts friends, people. This is evident in the igbos way of life. The igbos only consider the Anioma people of Delta state as Igbos when such a person has achieved enviable marks or for their selfish interest in their suppose struggle for a Non-Existent Biafra.
The igbos are always quick to say that people like Jay Jay Okocha, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Sunday Oliseh, Kingsley Obodo, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Sebastian Adigwe, Francis Atuche, Nuel Ojei, Peter Okocha, Sunny Odogwu and a host of other super stars who all hail from Delta State, along with notable ones from Rivers State like Chioma Ajunwa, Comdedian Julius Agwu to mention a few, are igbos.
The Igbos acception of Paul Dike's ascension as Defence Chief was one case of self selection.

3. NO SYMPATHY.
In matters that require external support, South Easternerns are non sympathetic to the cause of the Delta State - Anioma or River State – Ikwere speaking Igbo zone. An epitome example was during the clamor to create Anioma State out of Delta State. Regardless of the benefits this will have for the Igbos (in times of election, 2-3rd rule of constitution), little seems to be done by the governors of the Igbo states or even the Ohanaeze in this regard. Infact the Ohaneze group in 2007 Openly said the creation of Anioma state will lead to more state for the South-South and claim it was a propaganda by the Yorubas to have more power.
The question is how? Do the Ohaneze read maps? Are Ohaneze elders educated? Why should someone say the creation of Anioma is propaganda by the Yorubas? Is this a statement accepting the fact that Deltans are Yorubas?

4. POLICTICAL AND GEOGRAPHICAL
Delta and River state igbos are not in the east. So should not be called eastern. Politically and geographically, they are not in the east. It is the same with Yorubas in Benin Republic. They do not look up to Western Nigeria in political matters.

You see the river Niger? It separates Deltans from the igbos. Its a natural demarcation of boundary. Easterners take Note. See picture Below:

5. Ethnicity / Name / Linguistic

Aniocha, Ukwani, Asaba, Ibusa People are not igbos. They are ethnic group speaking a language that is linguistically similar to Igbo language. Something makes Umu- igbo sees themselves as always superior. Igbo, Delta igbos, Ukwuani, Ekpeye, Ogba & Ikwerre are familiar tribes. Let everyone respect each other instead of claiming the territories of one another. The greediest among these tribes is Igbo.

All over the world we have distinct tribes with similar language and no one claims that the other person is answering his name so he must be Igbo.

Spanish and Portuguese – they both answer names like Diego, Jose, Fernando but the Portuguese man doesn’t wake up to tell the Spanish man that you are answering my name and you are Portuguese. When a Portuguese man answers Rodriguez it’s a portugese name similarly when a Spanish man answers Rodriguez it becomes a Spanish name. NO ONE OWNS THE NAME.

Uhrobo and Isoko – They both answer names like Afoke, Oghene.
Bini, Esan, Etsako – They are also different languages. I don’t mean dialects
Eleme and Ogoni – Some similar names but again different language and no one claims the other.
Ukwuani ,Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ogba, and Igbo language – Big problem because the Igbo’s say we are answering their names but let me point out that if an Igbo man answers Chukwu it’s an Igbo name, If an Ukwuani man answers Chukwu it becomes an Ukwuani name similarly when an ikwerre man answers Chukwu its now an Ikwerre name.
Itsekiri and Yoruba language – they also have same problems with Yoruba’s but let them speak for themselves.

6. ORIGIN / LINEAGE.

Both the eka and agbor have always had their culture guarded strongly in the face of oppositions, Delta Igbo people know where they come from and are proud of their origin , they have a long history of kingship and culture that is why many people will not let them be. New it is not, for a tribe to have two or more ancestory e.g take itshekiri, they have both benin and yoruba ancestory , but that does not make them benin or yoruba, today they are know as itshekiris .

The people of Delta Igbos should not be drawn into arguments with those who do not know their history and who do not know their culture and whose sole arguements rely on nearness of language as a proof of where a people come from. An historian knows that due to migrations, trade and other factors there can be change in language.

I laugh hysterically at igbos, when they say agbohs are igbos. Let me clear this misunderstanding. First can do you know what the term 'agbor' means in igbo language ?

History has it, that agbor was called ogungunagbon or agbon , which means earth in benin language and the british changed it to agbor in 1906. Most eka, agbor, anioma , ukwani , ibusa, ugwashi ukwu were benin princes and people from ishan land in ancient times and later other groups of migrants came from igboland, some from yorubaland e.t.c. They dress like binis, maintain same dances like okangan, ojerimas and oje like binis. Their traditional gods are same as theirs like ovia, uhunmwunde, idigun, olokun etc.

Chieftancy titles in Agbor are same as ihondor, ologbosere, ihama, obaseki, ihondor, benin and so on. Towns are divided into three ( ebon, idumu and oge) and Language spoken are two ( ozara and ika , ozara is edoid while ika is a mix of bini and igbo). There are still titles that if you want to take in some villages in agbor today, you must go to benin , where the original founder came from to collect things and receive blessings of approval. It will interest you knowing that all ika and agbor kings are benin princes and the present dein of agbor is same royal blood family with the omonoba of benin. However all these do not the agbor binis or igbos but Deltans who know their ancestral origin.

It is good for people to consult natives of a place and ask them of their history , before the write on it. Anioma is a big place , i know the igbo language plays a part in anioma history, but not all aniomas migrated from igboland and their are about 11 languages spoken there like ozara, ika, olokumi ( old yoruba), igalla, aboh, etc . that is the reason why no proper ika man will join any group like ohaneze, Agbor have their own group called the ika group, and they support anioma people.

At this juncture it is important to state that the delta people have cultural afinities and that people of asaba, oshimili, ogwashi, ubulu-uku , ukwani, agbor should not be termed igbos.

CONCLUSION
One danger in the game of numbers as currently play by the Eastern Igbos is that they never conceal their plan to deny those other tribes who will join them in actualising their non-actualisable dream, the benefits that go with such.

Its important that so called Biafra Apologists, Pro-Biafrans or Independent People of Biafrans, desist from calling these aforementioned zones as Igbos in other to further their propaganda of a non-actualisable Biafra or for personal grounds.

They are not igbos. Enough is enough! Stop the lie lies!

By Ymodulus

Cc: BiafraQueen , Normality , ProBiafra , Ikwerreboy , fr3do , NormalCodes,

Source:
http://www.edoworld.net/Origin_Of_Delta_Igbo_Indisputable.html
http://www.ibusa.net/ibuzo%20-%20leave%20us%20alone.htm
http://www.gamji.com/article8000/NEWS8382.htm
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War
https://www.nairaland.com/2268148/ukwuani-people-not-igbos

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2553546_s50624135052001_jpeg2cee537bd1672dd3e13e36d8d1b6b990

https://www.nairaland.com/2402196/language-ig-deception-biafran-struggle

3 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 06, 2015
Please I would appreciate it if edo state is left out of this discussion..and to the person that brought edo state to this thread mind yourself...whatever would happen edo state is on the fence and the tribe over the fence would do anything to make us their allies

Please I beg of you people..leave edo state out of this discussion..

1 Like

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by pazienza(m): 12:40am On Aug 06, 2015
coolscott:

So you don't know that the kingdoms of the south south consider you inferior, you who could never make yourselves (culturally) into one kingdom before the white men came.
It is not as if you have even succeeded now.

You who never new the boundaries of Igbo land before the white men came (and even long after they came)

You who because you never formed yourselves into one political unit, never fought one single war (as the Igbo nation) against any one.

For hundreds of years, ancient kingdoms of the south south have had well organized systems plus national militaries.

We fought our wars on land disputes. Any attempt by neighbours to claim or annex the tiniest village on the outskirts of our kingdoms would attract the wrath of the full force of our military.

So when we look at you, we see clowns.

You did nor organise your self in the past, you failed to organise yourselves post-independence, and you still feel a zero need to organise yourselves now.

Individually, you achieve, but as a people, you are only to be pitied

Since when has banding up to form a unit to invade other people's lands, conquer them, and take spoils of war now seen as something to be proud of.

You accuse Igbos of land grabbing, when we never did such, yet you derive pleasure in knowing that you terrorized and grabbed people's lands, can you smell your hypocrisy?

An unorganized group have managed to produce a first military president, a civilian president, a speaker of house, a Senate president, all the damn Post Nigeria can ever offer, name it, and they have had them all.

An unorganized group has the most developed human resources in Nigeria.

This unorganized group that practiced democracy in its purest form when Greece was still uninhabited, will always naturally be ahead of you!
https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics
https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 06, 2015
Ymodulus:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2553546_s50624135052001_jpeg2cee537bd1672dd3e13e36d8d1b6b990

Stop posting this thing over and over again, Ymodulus, and remove Igwe Ocha from ur United Niger Delta, it is an Igbo City..... undecided

I will fast and weep to Chukwu Okike Abiama on ur case my brother, fura du nunu has reset ur brain, chai.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by pazienza(m): 12:48am On Aug 06, 2015
Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by melzabull(f): 12:54am On Aug 06, 2015
ymodulus abi noddles

I knew fools like you bastad will come here with your usual idiotic opinion. Keep consoling yourself with the nonsense you posted. We already knew that st√pid goats like you want to tell us who we are. As you want to die on top igbo matter instead of taking your sickle cell medication, I hope you soon die of your hate.

Hopeless numbskull

5 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by c33b33(m): 12:59am On Aug 06, 2015
podosci:

Somebody asked you some very simple questions here and you have ignored it and went on ranting.

Why not enlighten us on the south south states and their origins. Or tell us where you are from and your history. Or rather still make an intelligent assertion that will convince a normal right thinking human.

Isn't a shame you do not know your history? There are so many avenues available for even the lamest man to get knowledge. You are using one of it for nairaland now. Do not perish for lack of knowledge.

IPOB Youth

5 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by Nobody: 1:12am On Aug 06, 2015
melzabull:
ymodulus abi noddles

I knew fools like you bastad will come here with your usual idiotic opinion. Keep consoling yourself with the nonsense you posted. We already knew that st√pid goats like you want to tell us who we are. As you want to die on top igbo matter instead of taking your sickle cell medication, I hope you soon die of your hate.

Hopeless numbskull

That guy is ur brother, he has Igbo blood in him, let him run up and down, he is a great guy and it is the Igbo blood in him that keeps him ahead of his peers in the North.

He will confess one day.
Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by TopGee: 1:32am On Aug 06, 2015
Ymodulus:

Check out your lies and divide tactics: You said Igbos brought war upon themselves and brainwashed Deltans and others to fight alongside with them. But Nzeogwu was from Delta State, though, there was nothing like Delta State before the war and his coup was tagged Igbo coup.

During 1966 genocide in the North, the Deltans and others were tagged Igbos and massacred. Again, Murtala Mohammed gathered hundreds of young men in Delta State and shot them just in a bid to deal with Igbos. Yet, you said Igbos brainwashed them to fight the war.

You try to separate Igbos to achieve your political interest and after that you dump and tag them Igbos. Yes, they are Igbos, but I don't want Ikwerres to join us because we Igbos don't need them. Anybody with Igbo name and speak Igbo is Igbo. There was nothing like South-south in any map in the world. The name South-south was introduced to further divide Igbos, and state was human creation and not from God. The God had already created them Igbo no matter the state you drafted them into.

The Ijaws have learned their lessons that they were dining with their enemies for so long.

6 Likes

Re: Warning To Our Igbo Brothers In Asaba, Anioma, Ogwashi Ukwu Nd Others… Beware! by victord1st: 1:39am On Aug 06, 2015
podosci:

Nothing like SS brothers,they are Igbos let that stick to your brain,bigot!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Were Humbled By Jonathan's Defeat - Adamu Mu'azu / South West Governors Unite, Say, External Influence Wont Divide Us (PIC) / Buhari Visits Adamawa: Northern Governors Set To Welcome President (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.