Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,906 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed (816 Views)

Rivers CP Denies Sealing-off Venue Of PDP National Convention, Says Police Only / SHOCKING! Out Of 11 Senior Officers Prmoted By Police, Only 1 Is Not A Northener / Norway’s Police Haven’t Killed A Single Person In Nearly 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by yuppyz(m): 4:38am On Aug 06, 2015
Police in Norway fired their guns only twice last year – and no one was hurt – new statistics which reveal the country’s low level of gun use have shown.
Norwegian officers drew their weapons just 42 times in 2014, the lowest number of times in the last 12 years. Only two people were killed in police shootings in the same period.
The majority of Norway’s police, like forces in Britain, Ireland and Iceland, patrol unarmed and carry guns only under special circumstances.

In the US, where officers are armed at all times, 547 people have been killed by police during the first six months of 2015 alone, 503 of them by gunshot.

UK police have a similarly low rate of gun use to Norway. One person was fatally shot by British police in 2014.
In the first 24 days of 2015, US police shot and killed 59 people, which is more than police in England and Wales did in the last 24 years (55).
With the difference in populations taken into account, US citizens are still around 100 times more likely to be shot by police than British citizens are.
"Any attempts to roll back the militarization of the American police would need to be accompanied by policies that increase economic and racial equality and legitimate opportunity for advancement for the poor," a sociology professor at Northern Michigan University, told The Washington Post.
US police are faced with greater day-to-day violence than most developed countries. In 2013, 30 officers were fatally shot while on duty.
The last time a British officer was killed by gunshot was in 2012 when two female police constables were shot in Manchester.
Chief Constable Sir Peter Fahy said in a statement at the time, "Sadly we know from the experience in America and other countries that having armed officers certainly does not mean, sadly, that police officers do not end up getting shot."

Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by Generalkorex(m): 4:59am On Aug 06, 2015
No in my beloved Nigeria.
God bless naija.
In the meantime

kindly check my thread
https://www.nairaland.com/2483122/how-join-red-cross-society
Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by yomsad(m): 5:02am On Aug 06, 2015
Come see the police in my village, u go knw say water don pass garri
Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by jammani(m): 5:06am On Aug 06, 2015
Stray bullets everywhere here
Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by mysteriousman(m): 5:09am On Aug 06, 2015
Wow! That's very commendable
Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by jomoh: 5:09am On Aug 06, 2015
wetin happen? dey done sack Inspector Taye.
Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by M4gunners: 5:30am On Aug 06, 2015
US will come here to preach Human rights for us.
Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by marshalcarter: 5:50am On Aug 06, 2015
#listenin to buffalo soldier by bob marley#

#weed
Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by stchinedu: 5:57am On Aug 06, 2015
Hmmmmm. ....naija!!! grin cheesy grin
For my beloved country naija, we don lose count of how many bullets police don fire. grin

Na how many we wan count? The rate wey bullets they go 'astray' for we country, na only deliverance go fit save the the gun and the hand wey hold the gun from letting the innocent bullets go 'astray'. All we dey hear na, stray bullet! Stray bullet!! Stay bullet!!! cry cry cry

We country here, if people gather for carnival and police dey there, dem fit begin use dem bullets as 'fire crackers' if the organisers or people we dey there no 'involve' them for the 'fun' grin grin

Even for dem stations, bullets wey dem no fire dey 'miss' (that one na if the gun no join for the 'missing'). grin cheesy

Anyhow the thing be, me I like me country wella. Na my 'papa land' and me I like am...chikena!

Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by boboLIL(m): 6:27am On Aug 06, 2015
This is Nigeria and I bliv naija police no fit rch dat feat....even in a month sef
Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by angelTI(f): 6:46am On Aug 06, 2015
No wonder there is relative peace and sanity in the country.

Why won't such economy thrive undecided
Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by iykenex(m): 6:47am On Aug 06, 2015
I don't believe it
Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by PassingShot(m): 6:55am On Aug 06, 2015
Norway is a typical example of how a sane society should run. A very thriving democracy with robust social programs for her citizens.
Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by KnowAll(m): 6:57am On Aug 06, 2015
The number of police bullet spent last week in Aba in one day was more than those spent in Norway in a whole year. undecided
Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by olasmith10(m): 7:04am On Aug 06, 2015
Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by omowolewa: 7:04am On Aug 06, 2015
........Corking my guns....Am I fear you!!!
Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by Olofintoto(m): 7:12am On Aug 06, 2015
2 bullets!

I trust Nigeria Police.

Nigeria wey fit shoot innocent citizen on top bribe.
Re: Norway's Police Only Fired Two Bullets Last Year... And No One Was Killed by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 06, 2015
See Professionalism/law abiding citizens at work.

Naija shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed, only God go save us from stray bullets and police brutality.

I still love naija o

(1) (Reply)

Edo/delta ,you Are Part Of The Country Of Western Nigeria. dont pay taxes / The Cable: Are Buhari Appointment Loopsided? / Lawyer To Commit FRSC Boss To Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.