Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

We’ll Maintain NYSC For National Unity, Says Buhari - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / We’ll Maintain NYSC For National Unity, Says Buhari (566 Views)

Jama’atu Nasril Islam Slams NYSC For Opening Orientation Camps During Ramadan / Corper Gets A Ring From Olu Maintain At BeatNaijaNyscConcert (photos) / Latest News From Nysc For Batch A 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We’ll Maintain NYSC For National Unity, Says Buhari by bugs1: 8:07am On Aug 06, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday promised that his administration would take necessary actions to maintain and improve the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme as a functional vehicle for the promotion of national unity and integration.

Buhari gave the assurance after receiving a briefing from officials of the Federal Ministry of Youth Development, led by the Permanent Secretary, Mrs. Rabi Jimeta.

The President, according to a statement by Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, affirmed his confidence and trust in the programme, noting that the objective for which the scheme was established in 1973 was still relevant for national development.

He said: “I firmly believe in NYSC and I think it should remain a national programme to promote integration.

“Whenever I go home to Daura, I look out for corps members from Lagos, Aba and other parts of the country.

“I am always thrilled to learn that except for the NYSC, some of them have never left their states of origin to visit other cities in the country,” President Buhari said.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/08/well-maintain-nysc-for-national-unity-says-buhari/

(1) (Reply)

Any KSU Student With Mispelt NYSC Name: Let's Meet Here / NYSC Campkits... Ready To Be Grabbed / CIEH LEVEL 3 Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.