Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Life Insurance - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life Insurance (2599 Views)

Life Insurance Payment Is Destroying This Family / Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back / A Man Mistakenly Fills His Mother's Name In His Life Insurance Policy Form. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Insurance by Fhemmmy: 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2009
Do anyone have information on how to get life insurance in Nigeria for a parent.
What is the premium like for someone with good health, but like 70 years of age.
Re: Life Insurance by charles21(m): 8:47am On May 10, 2012
Contact me on 07062192833. Will put you through properly as thats my job.
Re: Life Insurance by Fhemmmy: 3:49pm On May 10, 2012
charles21: Contact me on 07062192833. Will put you through properly as thats my job.

Will appreciate if you could leave me with some information here first . . . Once we have something good, then, will call
Re: Life Insurance by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 10, 2012
Re: Life Insurance by charles21(m): 2:54pm On May 13, 2012
You don't have to take things just the way you just did on here. Was as well trying to help out. Was about to ask you to come down to the office for counselling on that. You take care.
Re: Life Insurance by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On May 14, 2012
charles21: You don't have to take things just the way you just did on here. Was as well trying to help out. Was about to ask you to come down to the office for counselling on that. You take care.

Aint mad at you, Sir.
So you mean you only service people that are based in Nigeria?
Re: Life Insurance by Johndoe100(m): 4:17pm On May 14, 2012
I would be really shocked to my bones if a 70 year old man was insured. Who ever is telling you that it can be done is not telling the truth. I could go into the technical reasons why but there is no need. Be very careful of 419 guys.
Re: Life Insurance by ifyalways(f): 8:36pm On May 14, 2012
Hehehe.
My first thoughts when i saw this thread was 'African life insurance' . . .
Insure a 70yrs old ?It might be possible but not very common.Have u tried AIICO insurance company?
Re: Life Insurance by Johndoe100(m): 8:48am On May 15, 2012
ifyalways: Hehehe.
My first thoughts when i saw this thread was 'African life insurance' . . .
Insure a 70yrs old ?[b]It might be possible but not very common.[/b]Have u tried AIICO insurance company?

Ify this is not kpekus, some of us speak on what we know. The basis of insurance is that which is common, because that is how a pool of premium is built from which to pay claims. A 70 year old can't be insured because statistically he is already dead. Life insurance premuims are based ona book called the mortality tables, this contains the probability of death for males and females for each year of life from 1 year upwards. This probability of death is called the death risk, and forms the foundation of the premium. In Nigeria life expectancy for males is between 48 and 52. To charge a primium that would adequately reflect the risk at that age would require at least 100% of the sum assured. The insurers would still need to cover their costs, so an extra would be added. To give this a practical bent, straight term assurance for someone healthy in their mid 30's could cost say 17,000 per 1 million of sum assured. For the 70 year old it would be something like 1.1 million per 1 million sum assured.
This is just a brief overview of what is involved, Ify getting phucked is easy, knowledge is a bit harder to aquire.
Re: Life Insurance by ifyalways(f): 11:12am On May 15, 2012
Hahahaha.my dear John.
I've never seen you more articulate,posting a lenghty one on point without any deviation to chase a volumptous "ikebe" .Good one,hun.
You are so right!this is not kpekus and so im putting my mouth where it belongs. . .ontop kpekus.
Just had a loooooong laugh.Thank u Johnny.lol
Re: Life Insurance by Fhemmmy: 2:09pm On May 15, 2012
Very educational . . . Keep teaching us, people.
Re: Life Insurance by Tgirl4real(f): 4:25pm On May 22, 2012
I doubt life insurance covers for anyone older than 6oyears.

I will confirm and get back to you.
Re: Life Insurance by Tgirl4real(f): 4:27pm On May 22, 2012
Oh! oga John has helped out. cheesy

Johndoe100:

Ify this is not kpekus, some of us speak on what we know. The basis of insurance is that which is common, because that is how a pool of premium is built from which to pay claims. A 70 year old can't be insured because statistically he is already dead. Life insurance premuims are based ona book called the mortality tables, this contains the probability of death for males and females for each year of life from 1 year upwards. This probability of death is called the death risk, and forms the foundation of the premium. In Nigeria life expectancy for males is between 48 and 52. To charge a primium that would adequately reflect the risk at that age would require at least 100% of the sum assured. The insurers would still need to cover their costs, so an extra would be added. To give this a practical bent, straight term assurance for someone healthy in their mid 30's could cost say 17,000 per 1 million of sum assured. For the 70 year old it would be something like 1.1 million per 1 million sum assured.
This is just a brief overview of what is involved, Ify getting phucked is easy, knowledge is a bit harder to aquire.
Re: Life Insurance by mrinsurer: 11:49pm On May 23, 2012
Anyone above 60 years is uninsurable.You can get life insurance in Nigeria for as low as N1500 yearly premium with death benefit of N500,000.
Re: Life Insurance by Fhemmmy: 1:53pm On May 24, 2012
mrinsurer: Anyone above 60 years is uninsurable.You can get life insurance in Nigeria for as low as N1500 yearly premium with death benefit of N500,000.

Thanks for this great information . . .
Medical necessity in Nigeria for qualification?
Re: Life Insurance by Tgirl4real(f): 3:32pm On May 24, 2012
Fhemmmy . . .

I need a car tongue

but free of charge
Re: Life Insurance by Fhemmmy: 3:53pm On Jun 01, 2012
Tgirl4real: Fhemmmy . . .

I need a car tongue

but free of charge

I need one too . . . Please show me how and where to get one for free
Re: Life Insurance by Tgirl4real(f): 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I need one too . . . Please show me how and where to get one for free

gerrraway u jor tongue grin
Re: Life Insurance by Fhemmmy: 5:48pm On Jun 11, 2012
Tgirl4real:

gerrraway u jor tongue grin

I am so serious oh . . . . You be my sister from the other mother now . . .
Re: Life Insurance by Tgirl4real(f): 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2012
*hiss*
Re: Life Insurance by Fhemmmy: 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
Tgirl4real: *hiss*

Wetin i come do again now . . .
Re: Life Insurance by Ukprosper: 8:27am On Oct 15, 2020
Pls, check out these insurance companies here. Many of them offer life insurance plan.

Here is a complete list of insurance companies in Nigeria and their coverage.
Top among the list are AIICO, Leadway, AXA Mansard, Custodian and Allied, Cornerstone, etc

Complete List of Insurance Companies in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Why Many Nigerian Women End Up As Housewives? / Linda Ikeja's Advice To The Ladies / 10 Cute Husband and Wife Photos That Made Me Hungry To Marry (photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.