Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,421 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks (59351 Views)

Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms / 16 moments those depositing money in the bank can Relate To. (pics) / Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Dindondin(m): 8:58am On Aug 06, 2015
There new method of depositing cash in Banks is either the use of ATM.
I witnessed this last week Friday at a GTBank and the practice has not stopped.
But I don't think other banks have started this.

How it works:
* You can use it to deposit N10,000 and below. The denominations must be in N500 or N1,000.

* To deposit, you have to type the banks general pin of 0000 and press the action. eg: deposit. Then you ll type the account number to deposit the cash, the phone number of the depositor. The machine will open its deposit hole and instruct you to place in your cash and you ll type the amount you are sending.

* It will notify you by showing you the full names and account number of the recipient which you ll v to confirm with the yes or no buttons.

* After this, the machine will credit the account of the receiver.

Note:
You must arrange your cash in a straight way so that it can enter the machine. Failure to do this will result in cash ejection. During this process, your cash may get rough or torn.
Last Bullet
The process is fast but can be risky because aside the security camera that records when someone was depositing, no one else is there to witness the day the machine malfunctions. Also, it may be risky to use it at odd hours like early in the morning, late at night or during quiet times like environmental sanitation day or curfew times.

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by ShobayoEmma(m): 9:00am On Aug 06, 2015
Doom days ahead of bankers or better still, robot banking system loading.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 06, 2015
Highly risky, especially in Nigeria where things are easily swept under the carpet. 10,000 naira is not too much though, anything more than that may be going overboard.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Obinovictor(m): 9:06am On Aug 06, 2015
It's been on for some time now

25 Likes

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 06, 2015
What are they paying the tellers for? Na them go collect my money!

6 Likes

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by veekid(m): 9:11am On Aug 06, 2015
e no new to me jor

u can deposit more than 10,000 contrary to what the op said, the machine is not even ATM, na deposit machine dem dey call am cos it can't dispense, it has been programmed only to deposit and not to dispense.

na only GTB get am sha

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by khassy(m): 9:11am On Aug 06, 2015
UBA bank no fit get this kind tin

usele.ss bank undecidedundecided

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by datguru: 9:12am On Aug 06, 2015
Innovative if you ask me. Not like one yeye thing called self services in firstbank, very boring. They will ask you to stamp your teller by yourself using their machine, then drop it inside a leather and cast it on something that looks like ballot box, not conforming the account number or teller for errors. At the end of the day, you are lucky and correctly filled your teller you will get a credit alert by 2 am midnight

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by ayomutu(m): 9:12am On Aug 06, 2015
K
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Adesiji77: 9:12am On Aug 06, 2015
Brb
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by steffans(m): 9:12am On Aug 06, 2015
Is that new?

Its been on for some time...

Most first bank branches have at least one ATM for depositing

Nigerians dont use that option at all...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:12am On Aug 06, 2015
ok
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Osyxcel(m): 9:13am On Aug 06, 2015
This has been on for a time now, and the service is only offered by GTBank, not all banks, so the title is misleading.

Anyway, I prefer to give my money to a human teller and not a machine teller than can malfunction. I don't trust machines that much yet.

3 Likes

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by cybug: 9:13am On Aug 06, 2015
I can't fit try this undecided
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by babyfaceafrica: 9:13am On Aug 06, 2015
Risky and unsafe fo naw..I prefer to go inside the bank..please..I don't like stories that touches the heart

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by steppin: 9:13am On Aug 06, 2015
Hmm
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Wisdomkosi(m): 9:14am On Aug 06, 2015
Change

1 Like

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by eluquenson(m): 9:14am On Aug 06, 2015
Hmm! undecided
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by rukkyland(m): 9:14am On Aug 06, 2015
I perceive mass retrenchment in the banking sector.. very soon robots will do all the jobs.

6 Likes

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by jorel1(m): 9:14am On Aug 06, 2015
Third world countries lagging behind in everything
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by sammieblaize: 9:14am On Aug 06, 2015
Im shocked technology like this is just coming to NG... its a normal thing everywhere else

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by mencade4: 9:14am On Aug 06, 2015
i no want oooooo
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by idongesit88: 9:14am On Aug 06, 2015
This is not new, I've used ATM to deposit b4 say 3 mons ago, maybe we're u 4rm is very local n bushy, no offeinse

1 Like

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Pheals(f): 9:14am On Aug 06, 2015
Ain't new....well if your money got turn u can put your hands inside and take it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by harffie(m): 9:14am On Aug 06, 2015
Its been on for quite sometime, I see no reasonable reason why a thread should be created for this..
#@reasonable reason. Haha

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by abatically(m): 9:14am On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin:

How it works:
* You can use it to deposit N10,000 and below. The denominations must be in N500 or N1,000.

* To deposit, you have to type the banks general pin of 0000 and press the action. eg: deposit. Then you ll type the account number to deposit the cash, the phone number of the depositor. The machine will open its deposit hole and instruct you to place in your cash and you ll type the amount you are sending.

* It will notify you by showing you the full names and account number of the recipient which you ll v to confirm with the yes or no buttons.

Note:
You must arrange your cash in a straight way so that it can enter the machine. Failure to do this will result in cash ejection. During this process, your cash may get rough or torn.
Last Bullet
The process is fast but can be risky because aside the security camera that records when someone was depositing, no one else is there to witness the day the machine malfunctions. Also, it may be risky to use it at odd hours like early in the morning, late at night or during quiet times like environmental sanitation day or curfew times.

Cc: Lalasticlala

u be learner? GTbank Opebi has been doing this for more than 2 years now and I use it fequently especially on weekends. And I don't see any risk involved, it has been available in other countries for many many years. and who told u it can only be used to deposit N10,000 and below? I have used it to deposit 100k, just make sure the notes are neat and well arranged.

11 Likes

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 06, 2015
It's not new....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by omogidi234(m): 9:14am On Aug 06, 2015
I have been using this service at Gt e-banking in Toyin Round about and Ogudu for close to two years or thereabout and no stress.

3 Likes

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 06, 2015
It has being in existence for a while now and there are security men there..
Dindondin:

How it works:

Note:
Last Bullet

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by harpazo(m): 9:15am On Aug 06, 2015
trust me FCMB is on board on this! My brand and I

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:15am On Aug 06, 2015
Dindondin,That's not new.
First bank has had deposit-taking ATMs for a while now.
I used it in 2012 myself once at their Motorways Ikeja Branch office.
No biggie

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Transfer Money Through ATM Without PIN / Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) / BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.