Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. (3876 Views)

Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants / EU Set To Send Nigerian Migrants Home. / Student Visa Cost To S.A, UK Or USA, Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by omojesu202(m): 6:46am On Aug 08, 2015
tpiar:
op is this your story or another person's own.

I don't get how folks live vicariously through other people, you only have one life to live.

its my story n I need help to avoid mistake.
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by omojesu202(m): 6:51am On Aug 08, 2015
justwise:
[b]

You will be traveling to US soon but you don't even have a visa neither do you know how much it cost

..and you want to know how to purchase US student visa

Here you are giving somebody an advice and dreaming of working and going to school..smh

me I like the guy ooo...
he's gate faith and determination...
if I have those two things, I will be in USA before this year runs out.

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by Jaxera(m): 8:31am On Aug 08, 2015
omojesu202:

job of 40k...
though I got one of 70k but rejected it due to timing. Living home 6:30am to return 8:30pm n I dnt joke with my rest time. some people Say I'm lazy.

This is an opportunity not to just better your life financially, but to also broaden your horizon and scope.
You will get to meet new people and get to stay in a whole new environment and be exposed to new things.

And what's even better is that you are already well assured that it's legitimate stuff you will be doing there.

Don't throw away this opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by Jaxera(m): 8:33am On Aug 08, 2015
justwise:

Your brother wants you to move to US to work illegally and run from the authorities as long as you can.

How are you sure?

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by justwise(m): 8:36am On Aug 08, 2015
Jaxera:

How are you sure?

......pretty sure
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by justwise(m): 8:40am On Aug 08, 2015
vamum:

Why do people like deceiving others?? I guess that they have deceived you too and you have taken it hook , line and sinker. $4,000 per month job with just WAEC Even some PHD holders are not earning that much. Please stop making it seem like it will be possible for him to come to the US on just a visitors visa/Students visa and work any legitimate job. You better even re-think your own plans before you come.

God Bless

grin grin grin you are enemy of progress...he can work legitimately with visiting visa and make $4,000 a month because an agent who is about to milk them told them so.. grin

5 Likes

Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by tpiar: 11:17am On Aug 08, 2015
omojesu202:

its my story .

highly doubtful.
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by ttmacoy: 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2015
What visa is your brother going to get for you?

omojesu202:

No oooo, he wants a better life for me n others. He works with a good company here.

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by Mystiqme: 2:58pm On Aug 11, 2015
Look man, do not jump in with your eyes closed. If they are telling you it's a legitimate job/hustle, ask them what kind of job it is. If it is a legitimate job, why can't they open up and tell you the actual job? Many people have been so tricked, only to land and find out things are not as it seems.
No immigrant comes in with WAEC ceritificate and earns $4k, that's laughable, even starting salary for some graduates ain't up to that.

You are a graduate and it's your own life, why are you scared of asking your brother pertinent questions. Na you go suffer am if things dorikodo.

4 Likes

Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by saipn: 10:56am On Aug 12, 2015
Are you for real?and u are still asking question here?is he not your brother?hmmmm alots of peeps who graduated with gud grades are looking for this opportunity......dont worry continue your struggle in naija......
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by sobastical: 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2015
justwise:
[b]

You will be traveling to US soon but you don't even have a visa neither do you know how much it cost

..and you want to know how to purchase US student visa

Here you are giving somebody an advice and dreaming of working and going to school..smh

You're too good for nigerian police or sss..you're dim fit for CIA or the FBI. I just like the way you respond to people unlike that worry357 guy don't even know if he's fighting for a post of a mod or he's one already...
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by zeezahbee(f): 11:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
carus01:
Guy I will be travelling to USA soon but no mind dem na jealousy dey wori dem u no even need to carry dat 3rd class go u fit carry your waec go if u reach there u go dey fit re go school or you use ur waec dey work is allowed u go dey collect notin less than $4000 a month if you dey use your waec work and if u convert to naira he don reach 750k guy I wish u good luck no allow ppl slow u down
Lmao cheesy cheesy grin

I can't breathe ooo. You wan work with waec grin
$4k per month.
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by GboyegaD(m): 5:08am On Aug 13, 2015
omojesu202:

you wicked ooo...

He is been truthful. Someone who in Nigeria can't work 6:30am-8:30pm inclusive of travel time for a job that is worth 175% of his present salary all because of his rest time has no business going to the US to hustle.
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by GboyegaD(m): 5:18am On Aug 13, 2015
omojesu202:

I guess u live in USA,
Pls, what's my chances of getting a legitimate job with good pay there?
the person that wants to help with the processes is said to helped up to 16 people n only 4 didn't get successful over there. u understand? that's why my bro is really keen on my going.

Oga, if only you will believe, that person is taking you down south. If you want to relocate legitimately, be advised that your best option is through schooling and be ready to study up to at least a Masters level. Other means would see you at least getting married for papers which might be against your believe however, should you get stranded in the US, you might end up seeing it as your only option which you will regret should you marry the wrong person.

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by GboyegaD(m): 5:27am On Aug 13, 2015
Jaxera:

This is an opportunity not to just better your life financially, but to also broaden your horizon and scope.
You will get to meet new people and get to stay in a whole new environment and be exposed to new things.

And what's even better is that you are already well assured that it's legitimate stuff you will be doing there.

Don't throw away this opportunity.

Legitimate job without a work permit

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by cozybunch: 5:42am On Aug 13, 2015
@omojesu202, I will like to know on what bases or kind of visa that you brother intends to help you with. If you are going as a migrant because you guys have some one in states that will be filling for you such as one of your brothers or you parents or any type of legal migrant petition, them you are good to go for it.

If he is planning a student visa type or visitor type of visa, them here are your options

There are quite different types of student visas, all with strict restrictions but for the purposes of this writing, I will limit them to 3 types. I will start with the most common

F1 visa. This type of visa do not allow you to work outside your school. You are limited to work only 20 hrs a week during school session. You are allowed to work up to 40 hrs during non school sessions example summer holidays also only within your school. There are certain conditions mainly under hardship that USCIS may allow you work out side your campus. Remember you have to meet those conditions.

M1 Visa. This type of student visa only allow you to work on the training or skills of which you are studying for. It has to be within what you are been trained for.

J1 Visa. This type of visa does not allow you to get paid only within the specific traing you came for.

Now if you are coming as a visitor or tourist or business as it is classified b1/b2 visa, you are not allowed to work. Now this visa has a lot of restrictions this days more especially after 9/11 attack in U.S.

The USCIS has enroll what is called E - verify, meaning all employers has to verify any potential employee with the USCIS before any employment. It is the law. It is an electronic thing that your information is send and it comes back to the employer if you are qualified to work in U.S.

Brother life is difficult for people without papers now in the U.S. You can't drive, taking this statement back, you can drive with your b1/b2 visa but only with the given visa duration by CBP officer at your point of entry (meaning your driving time is within the stipulated authorization given to you by the CBP officer) nor you get social security number or any thing that will allow you to work or hustle as you put it. Even those with papers still have it though or difficult.

Now this information is for the purposes of this forum as any other professional advise should be sought to a legal counseling or an attorney. Your life is important and your career, what ever it is, very important. You don't want to waste your time or not be informed before taking a journey.

Good Luck.

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by Originalsly: 6:36am On Aug 13, 2015
omojesu202:

the person that wants to help with the processes is said to helped up to 16 people n only 4 didn't get successful over there. u understand? that's why my bro is really keen on my going.
Read this your statement 3 times. If a warning bell doesn't go off in your head then you are not ripe to travel to the US... except with mommy and daddy. Your brother is about to be scammed and doesn't even suspect. The agent helped 20 people....why is he and his family still here in Nigeria? His mouth can say anything....is up to you to just swallow everything....or chew it over first. If you decide to leap before you look.... do come back to the forum and let us know your brother's total loss.

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 13, 2015
@cozybunch; Nice breakdown.

So, Op what kind of visa will your brother be "sending you to the US" on?
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by justwise(m): 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
sobastical:

You're too good for nigerian police or sss..you're dim fit for CIA or the FBI. I just like the way you respond to people unlike that worry357 guy don't even know if he's fighting for a post of a mod or he's one already...

grin grin grin you got some jokes there bro...thanks for that big headed feeling grin grin
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by sobastical: 9:00am On Aug 14, 2015
justwise:

grin grin grin you got some jokes there bro...thanks for that big headed feeling grin grin

Big thumbs up sir. keep up the good decent job!
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by tdayof(m): 4:12am On Aug 17, 2015
omojesu202:

I have the opportunity and its legit as I know who my brother is, but he just believe I will be able to sort myself out there. [b]which I know I might fail. [/b]I need someone to help me with options of what I could be doing there...
op the thing is you lack self confidence . have trust in your self you will make it..
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by omojesu202(m): 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
ttmacoy:
What visa is your brother going to get for you?

its visit. I'm not going there to study. he claimed the person just helped his Friend's brother.
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by omojesu202(m): 10:52pm On Aug 17, 2015
GboyegaD:

Oga, if only you will believe, that person is taking you down south. If you want to relocate legitimately, be advised that your best option is through schooling and be ready to study up to at least a Masters level. Other means would see you at least getting married for papers which might be against your believe however, should you get stranded in the US, you might end up seeing it as your only option which you will regret should you marry the wrong person.

thanks
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by omojesu202(m): 10:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
cozybunch:
@omojesu202, I will like to know on what bases or kind of visa that you brother intends to help you with. If you are going as a migrant because you guys have some one in states that will be filling for you such as one of your brothers or you parents or any type of legal migrant petition, them you are good to go for it.

If he is planning a student visa type or visitor type of visa, them here are your options

There are quite different types of student visas, all with strict restrictions but for the purposes of this writing, I will limit them to 3 types. I will start with the most common

F1 visa. This type of visa do not allow you to work outside your school. You are limited to work only 20 hrs a week during school session. You are allowed to work up to 40 hrs during non school sessions example summer holidays also only within your school. There are certain conditions mainly under hardship that USCIS may allow you work out side your campus. Remember you have to meet those conditions.

M1 Visa. This type of student visa only allow you to work on the training or skills of which you are studying for. It has to be within what you are been trained for.

J1 Visa. This type of visa does not allow you to get paid only within the specific traing you came for.

Now if you are coming as a visitor or tourist or business as it is classified b1/b2 visa, you are not allowed to work. Now this visa has a lot of restrictions this days more especially after 9/11 attack in U.S.

The USCIS has enroll what is called E - verify, meaning all employers has to verify any potential employee with the USCIS before any employment. It is the law. It is an electronic thing that your information is send and it comes back to the employer if you are qualified to work in U.S.

Brother life is difficult for people without papers now in the U.S. You can't drive, taking this statement back, you can drive with your b1/b2 visa but only with the given visa duration by CBP officer at your point of entry (meaning your driving time is within the stipulated authorization given to you by the CBP officer) nor you get social security number or any thing that will allow you to work or hustle as you put it. Even those with papers still have it though or difficult.

Now this information is for the purposes of this forum as any other professional advise should be sought to a legal counseling or an attorney. Your life is important and your career, what ever it is, very important. You don't want to waste your time or not be informed before taking a journey.

Good Luck.

yes, thanks for your tym
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 17, 2015
omojesu202:
its visit. I'm not going there to study. he claimed the person just helped his Friend's brother.

Forget about whether the agent helped one thousand people to get the visa or not. If it is visiting visa, then you are on a very looooonnnngggg thing.

Getting the visa is the least difficult of the whole process. The main thing is surviving there.

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by ttmacoy: 12:47am On Aug 18, 2015
Well if he is getting you a visit visa which does not give you the right to work or live there, then you are not exactly going legit are you?

it's you call to make, but going to the US to be an illegal immigrant is hard. Some make it definitely but many don't. It's up to you to assess the risks involved and decide.

omojesu202:

I have the opportunity and its legit as I know who my brother is, but he just believe I will be able to sort myself out there. which I know I might fail. I need someone to help me with options of what I could be doing there...
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 18, 2015
justwise:

grin grin grin you are enemy of progress...he can work legitimately with visiting visa and make $4,000 a month because an agent who is about to milk them told them so.. grin

You see someone wanting to go abroad to make some big money you are here telling him something I cant explain....

On a more serious note, some people must learn the hard way..
I hope the brother will be willing to keep sending him money if things don't go as planned or they will open up their arms to receive him back to nja if go no go.

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 18, 2015
favoured234:
You see someone wanting to go abroad to make some big money you are here telling him something I cant explain....

I hope the brother will be willing to keep sending him money if things don't go as planned or they will open up their arms to receive him back to nja if go no go.

All his brother can do is 'send' him to the US. It is up to him to make sure he 'makes' it. How ever that happens isn't any of his brother's business.
Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 18, 2015
Phema:

All his brother can do is 'send' him to the US. It is up to him to make sure he 'makes' it. How ever that happens isn't any of his brother's business.

That's not good enough.
Every aboki with e kettle

1 Like

Re: My Big Brother Wants To Send Me To USA, Please Advice. by justwise(m): 9:26am On Aug 18, 2015
favoured234:

His brother has to be pretty rich to do that constantly for some years because its going to be a tough rid for him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Fatally Shot In Ukraine!!! / Need Directions From Festac Pls / Schooling In Georgia Tbilisi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.