Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,616 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport (15623 Views)

Lagos To Commence Removal Of Abandoned, Accident Vehicles / Robbers Attack Air Peace Aircraft While Taxiing To Take Off At Lagos Airp / Photos Of Abandoned Collapsed Bridge In Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by maxiuc(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2015
They should take it for refurbishhing anytin flies in naija dodges stones runs out of thread
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by johnstar(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2015
Oboi, make dm carryd plan gv homeless ppl so dat dm go take use am as houz na
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by ifyalways(f): 11:47am On Aug 06, 2015
No names?

I expect to see names like ;
Bellview
IRS airlines
Space world
EAS airlines
Capital airlines
Dasab airlines
Fresh airlines

BTW, they announce this every year but do nothing at the end.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/31/workers-dismantle-rotting-airplanes-in-graveyards-in-nigeria-nation-with/
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by j4sure(m): 11:48am On Aug 06, 2015
Katastrofy:
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) on Wednesday issued a seven-day ultimatum to owners of abandoned aircraft at the graveyard of the Murtala Mohammed Airport (MMA), Lagos, to evacuate them.

The FAAN Director of Airport Operations, Capt. Henry Omeogu, said this in a statement issued in Lagos while on safety inspection at the Murtala Mohammed Airport Domestic Terminal 1.

Omeogu said the Authority was ready to dispose the aircraft, in line with the provisions of the International Civil Aviation
Organisation (ICAO).

According to him, the action has become necessary due to recurring operational hitches that have been posing serious safety concerns to aircraft and some infrastructure at the terminal.

He added that this was to forestall situations where unscrupulous elements would use them as hiding place to perpetuate criminal activities.

The director, however, appealed to owners of the aircraft, some of which had been parked at the graveyard since 2005, to immediately remove them.

He said the Authority would continue to do everything possible to ensure the safety and security of travellers and other airport users, in line with its mission statement,

Omeogu enjoined stakeholders to partner with the Authority to ensure safer and more secure airports.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/08/faan-issues-7-day-ultimatum-to-owners-of-abandoned-aircraft-at-lagos-airport/
Okay fight for your Right
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by shaddoww: 11:48am On Aug 06, 2015
I beg ooo, make dem cum dash me one make I turn am to restaurant ooooo.
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by otumopkor(m): 11:49am On Aug 06, 2015
The place is called graveyard angry lipsrsealed
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by sellYourCar: 11:49am On Aug 06, 2015
7 days to remove.........and they've been at that graveyard since 2005

Anyway give them 5 more years to figure out what to do undecided
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by kraftykc(m): 11:50am On Aug 06, 2015
One week? After the FAAN had been comatose for over two decades? They better get sensible before they cause a legal quagmire.
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by Ephemmm: 11:53am On Aug 06, 2015
emmabest2000:
Hmmmm

Are you dumb-founded with the rate everything is turning around for good in Nigeria? We thank God ooo...
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by 9jauk: 11:53am On Aug 06, 2015
Katastrofy:
KIDDIES TABLET... F0R KIDS 3-15YEARS
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by suruwilliams(m): 11:54am On Aug 06, 2015
dailmot:
##
Bad talk
chisos that was not what I meant I actually typed A.B.O.K.I
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by olufemimajek: 11:56am On Aug 06, 2015
fg
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by Sagamite(m): 11:56am On Aug 06, 2015
Katastrofy:
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) on Wednesday issued a seven-day ultimatum to owners of abandoned aircraft at the graveyard of the Murtala Mohammed Airport (MMA), Lagos, to evacuate them.

The FAAN Director of Airport Operations, Capt. Henry Omeogu, said this in a statement issued in Lagos while on safety inspection at the Murtala Mohammed Airport Domestic Terminal 1.

Omeogu said the Authority was ready to dispose the aircraft, in line with the provisions of the International Civil Aviation
Organisation (ICAO).

According to him, the action has become necessary due to recurring operational hitches that have been posing serious safety concerns to aircraft and some infrastructure at the terminal.

He added that this was to forestall situations where unscrupulous elements would use them as hiding place to perpetuate criminal activities.

The director, however, appealed to owners of the aircraft, some of which had been parked at the graveyard since 2005, to immediately remove them.

He said the Authority would continue to do everything possible to ensure the safety and security of travellers and other airport users, in line with its mission statement,

Omeogu enjoined stakeholders to partner with the Authority to ensure safer and more secure airports.
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/08/faan-issues-7-day-ultimatum-to-owners-of-abandoned-aircraft-at-lagos-airport/

Bunch of moronic fuuktards running FAAN.

So it is after many years that these cretins just realise that abandoned planes have to be removed?

Now they are talking "tough"? Moronic fuuktards.

In a sane world, the cretin in charge of Airport Operations, Henry Omeogu, would have been sacked for gross incompetence.

Fuuktards are just there to loot and chop brokotor.
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by olufemimajek: 11:57am On Aug 06, 2015
Naija no dey carry last!... saw this images on a foreign website that ranks grave yards

[url=io9.com/the-worlds-most-bizarre-aircraft-graveyards-511526945] The World's Most Bizarre Aircraft Graveyards[/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:58am On Aug 06, 2015
I believe there are hotels and event centres that will be willing to pay to get those planes. They can be used as relaxation spots. There is an event centre in Ughelli with such a plane. It attracts children during festive periods.
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by obezaleel(m): 12:02pm On Aug 06, 2015
I fit use am for transport?
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 06, 2015
ULTIMATUM FOR THEM TO TAKE THE AIRCRAFT WRECKS WHERE? LET THEM START CHECKING AND ENSURING THAT 30YEAR OLD RICKETY LOOKING AIRCRAFTS ARENT BROUGHT INTO OUR AIRPORTS IN THE FIRST PLACE
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by anonimi: 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2015
Now this will be a good change IF it is actually enforced and we get an updated report otherwise na another story.
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2015
teryorluv:
Where dem wan keep am.... Its not a thing to be kept in d backyard... Where dem wan carry their Kaya (load) go

FTC hehehehe
what language does kaya mean load?
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by ITSAWRAPWORLD: 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
grin
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by Otunbatrafford: 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
The Era of doing anyhow is gradually coming to an end. Some of these so called big men behave as if Nigeria is their personal estate. Buhari is going to trim them sizes.
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by teryorluv(f): 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2015
fabiano09:
what language does kaya mean load?
Its Hausa. Language
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
teryorluv:
Its Hausa. Language
oh tnx
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by OgaJonah(m): 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
Make i buy aeroplane TYRE fix for my car coz in no get spare tyre
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by back2sender: 1:35pm On Aug 06, 2015
The result of a new sheriff in town. MDAs are now alive to their responsibilities unlike the way it use to be in the past.
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2015
teryorluv:
Where dem wan keep am.... Its not a thing to be kept in d backyard... Where dem wan carry their Kaya (load) go

FTC hehehehe
Sannu
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by clemz85(m): 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
yahoo boys be like
bae I got a call from FAAN this morning they need ma attention concerning my air fleets that has been waiting for ma Malaysia aero engineer for servicing.
Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by teryorluv(f): 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
Eco2580:
Sannu
Yaowa,

1 Like

Re: FAAN Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Owners Of Abandoned Aircraft At Lagos Airport by teryorluv(f): 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2015
clemz85:
yahoo boys be like
bae I got a call from FAAN this morning they need ma attention concerning my air fleets that has been waiting for ma Malaysia aero engineer for servicing.
Lol, and some gurls wil believe them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

269 Stranded Nigerians Arrive From India / Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year / Ten Things You Should Know About Biu, LGA, Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.