Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families (23753 Views)

This Is A Real Destroyer Of Families...are You Guilty Of This Act Of Infidelity? / 2 Pairs Of Identical Twins In Anambra Turn Heads (Photos) / My Husband Broke Up With Me Because I'm Yet To Conceive. Losing My Mind.. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by cococandy(f): 2:58am On Aug 09, 2015
GANJAFARMER:
Cococandy, tell me how ugly can a girl be unless you're using glasses or your head too is stuck in Standd's ass like the others .

Abeg leave my moniker alone. Didn't you ask me to stay out of it?
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by cococandy(f): 3:29am On Aug 09, 2015
GANJAFARMER:
But You keep roaming around like a local dog that just saw an excrete. angry

Lol. So them ban you and that's enough to make you go crazy like this.

FYI you don't have a say which topic I view or not.
Just leave my moniker out of your rants pls as long as I stayed out like you asked. I even regret telling you sorry sef. E be like say the thing is a big deal to you.
See common something is making you act like the world is coming to an end.

So I must agree with you that's she's ugly for your mind to rest. You go wait tire.

SHE'S NOT UGLY.

Sue me.

4 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by GANJAFARMER: 3:31am On Aug 09, 2015
cococandy:

Lol. So them ban you and that's enough to make you go crazy like this.

FYI you don't have a say which topic I view or not.
Just leave my moniker out of your rants pls as long as I stayed out like you asked. I even regret telling you sorry sef. E be like say the thing is a big deal to you.
See common something is making you act like the world is coming to an end.

So I must agree with you that's she's ugly for your mind to rest. You go wait tire.

SHE'S NOT UGLY.

Sue me.
I've always wanted to spare you even you misfire but one day is enough for you and I .
Just one day. wink

1 Like

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by cococandy(f): 3:33am On Aug 09, 2015
GANJAFARMER:
I've always wanted to spare you even you misfire but one day is enough for you and I .
Just one day. wink

Gerout.

Because I ignore your misyarns too you think I'm blind?

Abeg go and face who's making you vex. Mtchew.

4 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by chinedumo(m): 7:10am On Aug 09, 2015
TooNoisy:
So if women are more hardworking than men and they are mostly breadwinners, then haven't we achieved equality? Is there still a need to fight for equality? It means women are being given at least the same chances as men and the less successful women should blame themselves!

We can't with one mouth say the world is unfair to the girl child but with the same mouth say women are the breadwinners!

what a girl
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by chinedumo(m): 7:16am On Aug 09, 2015
TooNoisy:

Not sure I get this. So gender equality is now about lazy men? So the fight for equality is no longer about relegating women to the kitchen or property rights or education; but rather you claim it is about men who let their wives become breadwinners?

keep it up girl

1 Like

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by 5minsmadness: 8:26am On Aug 09, 2015
Truckpusher:
No man in his right senses will encourage his male children to look down on women.
He's simply creating a chaotic future for that boy when you have people like standd and her lots of misandrist claiming to be practicing feminism.
I have always said that any society that refused to include their women in the scheme of things are bound to failure because at the end of the day the men you birth would be naturally raised by these same women and you can't raise better men with bitter women but we need to identify that some women have some deep rooted problem with men ,and of course feminism has provided an umbrella for them to practice their ungodly behavior.

We are in a society where this culture is part of our daily lives. I have always said that women should channel their fight through the appropriate places and not insulting men at the slightest provocation as if men aren't human too.
With these facts I can say that your generalization about men, especially by some female with very bad attitude problem is a flawed argument.
Let women demand for some basic right that would be enacted as a law to check the excesses of some these men but who says that some of these bad women won't use it as an advantage? And of course our leaders are the ones marrying ten wives - and this should be the first point of call to enable our younger generations of women to stop seeing themselves as pawns or commodities.
How about those women that are selling themselves for money?

Bravo.
Very balanced and succinct post.
1000likes.

1 Like

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by 5minsmadness: 8:32am On Aug 09, 2015
MizMyColi:
Truckpusher, biko, create a thread o o o

You did it before, you can do it again.

You have no idea how many people will be inspired gleaning from the insights you spew here.
I have to say, I'm impressed.
I see his posts occasionally but have always taken him as a bit unserious. But his very insightful posts here shows I was wrong. Wonder why he's not on family section more.

2 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by nigerianium: 8:35am On Aug 09, 2015
GANJAFARMER:
Cococandy, tell me how ugly can a girl be unless you're using glasses or your head too is stuck in Standd's ass like the others .

Pictures would do.
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by ronald4lif(m): 10:20am On Aug 09, 2015
I can see some have been incarcerated for their involvement in the e-squabble here. I hope it wasn't selective and similar retribution was meted out to everyone involved in the duel.
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by ronald4lif(m): 10:26am On Aug 09, 2015
TooNoisy:
So if women are more hardworking than men and they are mostly breadwinners, then haven't we achieved equality? Is there still a need to fight for equality? It means women are being given at least the same chances as men and the less successful women should blame themselves!

We can't with one mouth say the world is unfair to the girl child but with the same mouth say women are the breadwinners!

Gbam. If there was no equalitarianism women would not have been able to become breadwinners and if the feminists crew can attest that more women are bread winners then it's about time they lay down arms and stop moaning about.

3 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by sinizia: 11:43am On Aug 09, 2015
blublahd:
The title of your thread is wrong, it should read " Men who have failed to take responsibility have lost their roles to women." Your generalisation I hope is not in intent to cause contention.

Exactly what i thought when i saw the OP's generalization. Just because some men failed to cater for their family, she immediately generalized. It's without doubt that some men will bring bad reputation to fatherhood, same way some women brings shame to motherhood. This is a must, but it doesn't mean men are relinquishing their natural role of being good breadwinners. For every disgraceful husband out there, there are 100s of good husband working around the clock to cater for their families.

The OP is not different from people that categorizes ALL Nigerian women to be lazy because of many Nigerian women that leeches off men like their lives depends on it. Just because one sees our beloved mothers hustling in the market trying to make money doesn't mean their husbands are lazy. If you check well to see the hustle of their husbands, you'll understand the men are contributing their quotas too.

I once judged a woman's husband wrongly simply because i do see the woman hustling everyday to earn an income, while i thought the husband is a useless man because he's never around. It's later i found out the husband is not around because he's a driver who goes from East to West to North because of what his business entails, sometimes sleeping in his truck just to make sure he contributes and caters for his family. So one who's not privy to the man's struggles will think he is always abandoning his family.

We have bad husbands quiet alright, but the good ones dwarfs the bad eggs, same applies to the good mothers and bad mothers out there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 09, 2015
TooNoisy:

I am sorry but you have no idea of what you are talking about. The fight for equality started when women were denied jobs and when they received significantly less pay because they were women. The fight for equality on those premises are now over. The fight for equality in the 21st century is the fight to not be der because of our gender. Our girl-children are still being told not to consider some courses because they are females; they are still how they should not say or do certain things not because they are wrong but because they are women; they are still being called sluts- and bitches- because they are females; they are still being told to learn to overlook some injustices because it is part of the experience of being a woman; they are still being told that it is shameful for a woman to be spinster at 30; they are still told that a woman must endure everything in her marriage including abuse for the sake of her children; Barbie and its look alike still make up most of their childhood toys while the doctors and engineers are reserved for the boys; Cinderella and Rapunzel are still being rescued by rich and princely men; they are told that they are physically and emotionally weaklings.

Unfortunately, the above have been identified as factors on why women are still considered unequal to men, the reasons I would want my future husband to be as rich as a prince, the main reasons men consider themselves to be every woman's saviour, the reasons men assumingly consider themselves to be smarter than us; the reasons women who are breadwinners and managers tend to walk on egg shells to void being tagged as pompous and rude. I am not so unreasonable to accept the fact that women are not men and men are not women. I understand that we are different in many ways but at the end of the day our differences should not determine how we are to be treated. Every single human irrespective of age can recognise bias and unfairness.

Therefore Women as breadwinners does not negate the fact that inequality still exist. It does not negate the reality that it affects some/most girls in their career pursuit and personal lives. It does no stop the society from seeing a husband as a weakling because his wife is the breadwinner.

cc: ronald4liff

6 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Jackrich: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2015
ronald4lif:
I can see some have been incarcerated for their involvement in the e-squabble here. I hope it wasn't selective and similar retribution was meted out to everyone involved in the duel.
I can always assure you that the justice was selective at the end of the day as usual.

These same people wants a better country when it is practically impossible for them to follow the rules in their little corner.

4 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by ronald4lif(m): 12:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
Jackrich:
I can always assure you that the justice was selective at the end of the day as usual.

These same people wants a better country when it is practically impossible for them to follow the rules in their little corner.

I thought as much. The moderators are often biased when dishing out ban. They seem to operate like our police force who always act based on the complainant's report neglecting the importance of making their own findings to clearly determine who committed an offence. It has always been the case every time there's a verbal squabble for the guys to to get the stick why the ladies are left out. Smh
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by ronald4lif(m): 12:57pm On Aug 09, 2015
nigerianium:

It was selective as usual. _RoyalRoy banned Truckpusher but he let Standd and Idowuogbo off just like _Ishilove banned TheUmmah and Kramfonos and she let Nneka go.

Not surprised. Perhaps the mods are secretive and unloquacious feminists or are sympathetic to their cause and they feel there's a need to gag opposing voices. If that's the case, then they're on a wild goose chase as the feminazis crew remains unruffle and unfazed in our quest to rid our polity off their nonsensical agenda.
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by sinizia: 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2015
peppyluv02:
Throw stones at me? Naaa they won't because they won't like what I will do to them. The only thing my neighbor will do is deactivate his account after all,they haven't seen his pics but that of his brother. And he can't confront me,he dare not because as of five years ago, I used to help him mum bathe him. I have done e-war and gradually retiring. so I'm not the type that gets bullied online or offline. wink

I knew you were lying with your made-up "my neighbour" line just to score cheap brownie points against men in this discourse, and i knew it's only a matter of time before you'll goof and expose yourself. Thank God you just did.

@ the embolen words, you opined you used to help his mum bath him "5 years ago" but in your earlier post on this thread, you said your nieghbour is a "14-years-old" boy. Who the hell allows a neighbour bath his "9-years-old" ( 14(current age) - 5(yrs ago) = 9 ) boy? Which 9-years-old boy will even allow the mother, much less a neighbour, bath him? Your lie is as fake as Nicki Minaj's azz.

peppyluv02:
My fourteen years old neighbor and his friends are very active romancelanders. You won't believe the number of female monikers dying to meet him after he shows them his older brother's pics. The reason why I don't take that section seriously especially their endless lists on what a lady should be. I just read and laugh. He begged not to be exposed so,I won't. I pity the desperate ladies falling mugu for these little boys.

Here's another quote to Idowuógbo where you re-affirmed your neighbour is 14-years-old in another thread.

peppyluv02:
You want me to expose that you are one of those tripping for my fourteen years old neighbor abi? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2015
TooNoisy:

The hypocrisy goes both way.

2 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by ronald4lif(m): 1:10pm On Aug 09, 2015
Oreos, I see your points and although they are true but I hope you're aware that men are equally saddled with a lot of gender prejudice and we're are battling discriminatory actions too.

These things cuts across sexes and even children of both sexes are victims of discrimination. The only problem however is women attempting to make it seem like men are having all rosy why they are the only sufferers.

Until the agitations of women for gender equality becomes an all-inclusive one, putting into considerations men's plight, then they won't be taking serious.
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by nigerianium: 1:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
ronald4lif:
Oreos, I see your points and although they are true but I hope you're aware that men are equally saddled with a lot of gender prejudice and we're are battling discriminatory actions too.

These things cuts across sexes and even children of both sexes are victims of discrimination. The only problem however is women attempting to make it seem like men are having all rosy why they are the only sufferers.

Until the agitations of women for gender equality becomes an all-inclusive one, putting into considerations men's plight, then they won't be taking serious.

If feminism is truely a movement which advocates for equality, then it should be termed "humanism" and not "feminism".

"Feminism" is a movement of WOMEN/FEMALES. You can't try to force a movement of WOMEN down MEN'S THROATS.

It's like the NUJ which is a union of journalists claiming it is fighting for the rights of ALL NIGERIAN WORKERS IN ALL PROFESSIONS.

Who do these feminists seek to deceive?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2015
ronald4lif:

I am not ignorant to the prejudices against menhowever I don't think men find it as unsettling and damaging as we do. Most believe that is why they are superior and are entitled to a get-away card, the phrase 'boys will be boys' comes to mind. Women are not equal to men but it should not stop us from enjoining what is fair and what is reasonable.

cc: Nigerinium (You ehn tongue)

1 Like

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
Point of correction,I have never being part of the feminist or male chauvinist argument on this forum because I don't live by what people write and believe each gender have their different roles to play.
Presently,I can bathe my nine years old nephew so it's no biggie because I can never be attracted to a boy even my age mate. Some women may not know what they want but I do.Age matters to me a lot. Of course I was being sarcastic when I say I bathe him(my neighbor)and I'm trying to say he respects me and sees me as his aunt. Fourteen going to fifteen,a brilliant chap and going into a private university this year.Push me all you want,I won't mention the moniker and don't give a rat ass if you believe or not! Now,swerve!
I guess you think all the jambites on this forum are up to 18.

sinizia:

I knew you were lying with your made-up "my neighbour" line just to score cheap brownie points against men in this discourse, and i knew it's only a matter of time before you'll goof and expose yourself. Thank God you just did.

@ the embolen words, you opined you used to help his mum bath him "5 years ago" but in your earlier post on this thread, you said your nieghbour is a "14-years-old" boy. Who the hell allows a neighbour bath his "9-years-old" ( 14(current age) - 5(yrs ago) = 9 ) boy? Which 9-years-old boy will even allow the mother, much less a neighbour, bath him? Your lie is as fake as Nicki Minaj's azz.

Here's another quote to Idowuógbo where you re-affirmed your neighbour is 14-years-old in another thread.

2 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by ronald4lif(m): 2:10pm On Aug 09, 2015
nigerianium:

If feminism is truely a movement which advocates for equality, then it should be termed "humanism" and not "feminism".

"Feminism" is a movement of WOMEN/FEMALES. You can't try to force a movement of WOMEN down MEN'S THROATS.

It's like the NUJ which is a union of journalists claiming it is fighting for the rights of ALL NIGERIAN WORKERS IN ALL PROFESSIONS.

Who do these feminists seek to deceive?

Exactly. Feminism has ended up manifesting itself with a fair amount of victim mentality, unlike humanism. Feminists are always the aggrieved ones.

Feminism generally does not argue in favor of equality for men, in areas in which women have unfair advantages and are given preferential treatment.

Last year, there was a global outcry after the abduction of Chibok girls by boko haram. A week after more than 100 boys were attacked in a Yobe secondary school with their throats slit and exterminated in cold blood. This story didn't make the headlines and no women rights group deem it worthy to publicise this sad events like they did to the Chibok girls. Why?

In most families where the parents are having difficulties training their wards to school, the male-child is usually told to learn a trade or craft why the girl-child goes to school. No women rights group or feminists have taken note of this prejudice. Why?

Domestic violence is one of the most obvious double standard of feminism. Notice that whenever there's a case of domestic violence against men the pseudo feminists are evasive in condemning the repulsive behaviour of their ilks but would rage like mad dogs when the coin is flipped.

Feminism is not about absolute equality, but rather preferential treatment and granting advantages for women. Humanism is a colligated and all-inclusive struggle that seek to ensure equality on both sexes. That is true equality.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by sinizia: 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
peppyluv02:
Point of correction,I have never being part of the feminist or male chauvinist argument on this forum because I don't live by what people write and believe each gender have their different roles to play.
Presently,I can bathe my nine years old nephew so it's no biggie because I can never be attracted to a boy even my age mate. Some women may not know what they want but I do.Age matters to me a lot. Of course I was being sarcastic when I say I bathe him(my neighbor)and I'm trying to say he respects me and sees me as his aunt. Fourteen going to fifteen,a brilliant chap and going into a private university this year.Push me all you want,I won't mention the moniker and don't give a rat ass if you believe or not! Now,swerve!
I guess you think all the jambites on this forum are up to 18.

Where did i say you are feminist? Stop miscontruing other people's post to mean mine, please.

Oh, all of sudden you were being "sarcastic"? And I'm now "pushing" you to expose the moniker cos i pointed out your glaring lie? Lady, you've got jokes. gringringrin

Sayonara, Milady. cool

2 Likes

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by sinizia: 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
ronald4lif:

In most families where the parents are having difficulties training their wards to school, the male-child is usually told to learn a trade or craft why the girl-child goes to school. No women rights group or feminists have taken note of this prejudice. Why?

When i was in school, two brothers in 300L and 100L respectively, lost their dad to a motor accident. The two of them dropped out of school after much pressure and sympathy so their kid sisters can go to school while they work their azzes off to cater for the family. I wonder why women rights group don't lash out against this norm that's prevalent in Nigeria. And you're spot on, on the male children killed after the Chibok Girls who didn't receive much publicity like their females counterpart.

I'm all for equality, but when that equality is favoring only one gender as against the other, it becomes INEQUALITY, hence defeating the purpose of movement.
Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by nigerianium: 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
freecocoa:
So a woman beat up a man and suddenly, no one cares to find out what he did to warrant that? I thought a woman must have done something wrong to have gotten beat, why aren't y'all asking what his offence is abi was?
https://www.nairaland.com/2449621/opeyemi-olarinde-responds-violent-adultress/5#35842216
Here's one of the feminists who castigates violence against women justifying a woman physically assaulting her husband. She even stated that men who offend their wives should be BEATEN.

Bunch of misandrists!

Cc: Oreos

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2015
Like I said,try harder. But why are you pained? Are you fourteen?
sinizia:

Where did i say you are feminist? Stop miscontruing other people's post to mean mine, please.

Oh, all of sudden you were being "sarcastic"? And I'm now "pushing" you to expose the moniker cos i pointed out your glaring lie? Lady, you've got jokes. gringringrin

Sayonara, Milady. cool

1 Like

Re: Reality: Men Are Fast Losing Their Positions As The Heads Of Families by sinizia: 3:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
peppyluv02:
Like I said,try harder. But why are you pained? Are you fourteen?

Pained because i exposed your lies? LOL. gringrin

Keep up with lies. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Father Is Destroying My Brother And My Family!!! / Second Born Children Are More Rebellious And Prone To Criminal Act / Woman Sets Home On Fire Trying To Kill Spider With Lighter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.