Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,294 members, 7,780,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:33 PM

New York Vs London - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New York Vs London (91924 Views)

Nigerian Man With Valid US Visa Arrested At JFK Airport In New York / Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! / New York Vs London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New York Vs London by blackspade(m): 1:51am On Mar 25, 2009

[size=50pt]>[/size]

Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 1:52am On Mar 25, 2009
Beaumont:

the only thing new york wins hands down is the award for relentless self promotion and ignorance of everywhere else - which pretty much goes for new yorkers too

most cab drivers cant even speak english
Cab driver in paris speak better English,abi?
Re: New York Vs London by blackspade(m): 1:52am On Mar 25, 2009

[size=50pt]>[/size]

Oh wait I forgot, London doesn't even have skyscrapers!
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 2:05am On Mar 25, 2009
Kai,London is boring jare
Re: New York Vs London by DisGuy: 3:55am On Mar 25, 2009
lol blackspade just proved New York is tall n glass with no character, London traditional Architecture with character

Afam what does having many millionaires have to do with tourism? na millionaires and skyscrapers tourist wan chop?
remember this is the travel section not business section so i guess we are taking about visitors not businessmen n office buildings

Blackspade, to get permit to build a skyscraper in London; you will have to prove that your tasteless tall building is not obstructing residents natural view (sunlight, windflows etc), not blocking peoples view of traditional listed buildings plus it has to be in character with other buildings around it.

Do people actually travel to see skyscrapers with adverts on them? Oh I forgot both of you are from village tongue
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 4:35am On Mar 25, 2009
Dis Guy:

Afam what does having many millionaires have to do with tourism? na millionaires and skyscrapers tourist wan chop?
remember this is the travel section not business section so i guess we are taking about visitors not businessmen n office buildings

Are u sure u read my post b4 replying cos i did'nt write anything like tourism. I opened the thread so u don't tell me that my thread is about tourism.I'm talking about the nature of this two cities in it's generality which also includes tourism.
Re: New York Vs London by DeReloaded: 4:41am On Mar 25, 2009
Thank you o, blackspade

See their pathetic ripoff of Time Square. Embarrassing.  grin

I will admit Tower Bridge is lovely to look at.
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 4:42am On Mar 25, 2009
Dis Guy:

Blackspade, to get permit to build a skyscraper in London; you will have to prove that your tasteless tall building is not obstructing residents natural view (sunlight, windflows etc), not blocking peoples view of traditional listed buildings plus it has to be in character with other buildings around it.

You people will always give excuses for everything. So london does not have scy scrapers because the british see it as tasteless, abi?. It's simple they don't have skyscrapers because london is not as commercial and as a financial city as new york.

Mind you we're comparing new York city(Manhattan,Brooklyn,Bronx,Queens,Harlem etc) with a London(state), but even at that New york is still far above London in almost any criteria you might wah=nt to use to judge.
Re: New York Vs London by Hotstepper(f): 4:44am On Mar 25, 2009
NY, NY, cant wait, who lives in NY i this forum sef?
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 4:46am On Mar 25, 2009
You talk about tourism, now tell me what are the tourist attractions in london. Even though i've not been to london, i know almost everywhere(every street) in that city. If it's not london eye, it's london dungeon, time square,Madam tussauds, and that place where you have MCdonalds(Can't remember) at the center of london i think.
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 4:47am On Mar 25, 2009
I even prefer paris to boring london.
Re: New York Vs London by Hotstepper(f): 4:48am On Mar 25, 2009
lol@afam, pity dem, oh u 4got BIG BEN if it still exist, lol
Re: New York Vs London by DisGuy: 5:04am On Mar 25, 2009
Hotstepper:

lol@afam, pity dem, oh u 4got BIG BEN if it still exist, lol

why wont it exist! it existed before New York sef that's tradition for you tongue

afam its in the travel section of a forum what do you expect

New York has a ghetto for every skyscraper built wink

what do you mean by London state? undecided

abule boi
Re: New York Vs London by DisGuy: 5:07am On Mar 25, 2009
afam4eva:

You people will always give excuses for everything. So london does not have scy scrapers because the british see it as tasteless, abi?. It's simple they don't have skyscrapers because london is not as commercial and as a financial city as new york.

Mind you we're comparing new York city(Manhattan,Brooklyn,Bronx,Queens,Harlem etc) with a London(state), but even at that New york is still far above London in almost any criteria you might wah=nt to use to judge.

so skyscrapers equates to financial city? you that's why its not good to go straight from nnewi village to Yankee, please make sure you pass Lagos first, make you sharp up tongue

Brooklyn=ghetto
Bronx=ghetto
Queens=ghetto
harlem=ghetto
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 5:09am On Mar 25, 2009
London is not even the financial capital of Europe, Frankfurt is.

London is not the tourism capital of Europe, Istanbul is.

London is not the Fashion capital of Europe, Milan is.

QUESTION: So what's london?
ANSWER: Trash

1 Like

Re: New York Vs London by DeReloaded: 5:11am On Mar 25, 2009
Thwer4's no difference between ghettos and council housing.

Go play in your Peckham
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 5:15am On Mar 25, 2009
Dis Guy:

New York has a ghetto for every skyscraper built wink

what do you mean by London state? undecided

abule boi

Every city in the world has a ghetto, London is no exception. The crime rate in London is two times that of new york(I guess that's culture)

So you don't know that there's a city of london where the population is less than 500,000 people? In the true sense of the word London(state) is not a city.
Re: New York Vs London by Hotstepper(f): 5:19am On Mar 25, 2009
I went to UK several times and trust me, I cannot live in that country even if its for free, everything was just weird compared 2 north America, houses are small, roads small and like da whole population is in one street OXFORD, its okay for me to visit and zap but i envy peeps dat live dere, trust me, if one leaves UK and live in any North American countries, da difference is clear,
Re: New York Vs London by DisGuy: 5:23am On Mar 25, 2009
DeReloaded:

Thwer4's no difference between ghettos and council housing.

Go play in your Peckham

dis madam is always hounding London posts tongue

council housing are different from ghettos, ghettos are worse than social housing in the UK
those projects are third world!

I'll take peckham over all those projects, damn at the last count there are about 30 naija restaurants serving
all sorts from gbegiri, moin-moin, suya to kebab, tikka masala etc proper world food
eating oversized burger is not it!
Re: New York Vs London by DisGuy: 5:25am On Mar 25, 2009
Hotstepper:

I went to UK several times and trust me, I cannot live in that country even if its for free, everything was just weird compared 2 north America, houses are small, roads small and like da whole population is in one street OXFORD, its okay for me to visit and zap but i envy peeps dat live dere, trust me, if one leaves UK and live in any North American countries, da difference is clear,

well what do you expect when 86% of the population are obese, dont you think they'll suffocate themselves
compare the carbon footprint of NY to London, you'll realise London is very conscious of the environment unlike that waste pipe

1 Like

Re: New York Vs London by DisGuy: 5:26am On Mar 25, 2009
afam4eva:

London is not even the financial capital of Europe, Frankfurt is.

London is not the tourism capital of Europe, Istanbul is.

London is not the Fashion capital of Europe, Milan is.

QUESTION: So what's london?
ANSWER: Trash

still has many visitors than New York wink
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 5:27am On Mar 25, 2009
Dis Guy:

still has many visitors than New York wink

Because it allows may visitors and new york doesn't.

London is a public toilet for Nigerians, they go there to poo whenever they want.
Re: New York Vs London by DisGuy: 5:35am On Mar 25, 2009
afam4eva:

Because it allows may visitors and new york doesn't.

London is a public toilet for Nigerians, they go there to poo whenever they want.

Wrong, Because it attracts many visitors,who mostly visit more than twice in their within a year!
and why will any 'booming' city reject visitors? undecided
New York only has lights on tall lifeless buildings, with a lot of dumb cab iraqi drivers
Re: New York Vs London by DeReloaded: 5:41am On Mar 25, 2009
Dis Guy:

New York only has lights on tall lifeless buildings, with a lot of dumb cab iraqi drivers

as opposed to the millions of "dumb" Naija cab drivers that hound you as soon as you get out of Heathrow?
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 5:42am On Mar 25, 2009
Dis Guy:

Wrong, Because it attracts many visitors,who mostly visit more than twice in their within a year!
and why will any 'booming' city reject visitors? undecided

New york is trying to play safe. America does not just give people visa anyhow, U really have to be up and doingb4 been granted visa to visit america.
Re: New York Vs London by DeReloaded: 5:44am On Mar 25, 2009
Dis Guy:

dis madam is always hounding London posts  tongue

council housing are different from ghettos, ghettos are worse than social housing in the UK
those projects are third world!

I'll take peckham over all those projects, damn at the last count there are about 30 naija restaurants serving
all sorts from gbegiri, moin-moin, suya to kebab, tikka masala etc proper world food
eating oversized burger is not it!

Majority of Naija food is just as bad as western food so stop kidding yourself. BTW Your fish and chips, are you aware that it has more calories than a "oversized burger"?

and there's no difference between council flat and projects. All catered to the poor of society. Just cos you guys give it a fancy name, doesnt mean shit

abeg no make I distract you from putting coins in your heater  cheesy
Re: New York Vs London by Nobody: 5:47am On Mar 25, 2009
[size=20pt]New york, new york, big city, big dreams. New york am coming, am coming. My dreams can never die. I must get to new york b4 i die.[/size]
Re: New York Vs London by DeReloaded: 5:48am On Mar 25, 2009
Rofl.

Berra go to London and make sure you buy a bike cos with their roads, they end up parking their cars on the roof
Re: New York Vs London by DisGuy: 5:50am On Mar 25, 2009
afam4eva:

New york is trying to play safe. America does not just give people visa anyhow, U really have to be up and doingb4 been granted visa to visit america.

play safe with iraqi cab driver? erm naaa mate!

DeReloaded:

Majority of Naija food is just as bad as western food so stop kidding yourself. Your fish and chips, are you aware that it has more calories than a "oversized burger"?

and there's no difference between council flat and projects. All catered to the poor of society. Just cos you guys give it a fancy name, doesnt mean shit

abeg no make I distract you from putting coins in your heater  cheesy

well considering people rarely drive to the corner shop over in London, or call the fire service to get them
out of the bathroom, they can walk off their excess calories stay prim n proper no sagging bottoms like
touts

coins in heater? when did you visit London during the stone age?
make sure you stay indoors as usual guys, you dont want to injure yourself
remember no health insurance wink

i dey go sleep jare
Re: New York Vs London by Afam4eva(m): 5:53am On Mar 25, 2009
Dis Guy:

i dey go sleep jare

Sleep tight, and tell SIKIRATU that i asked after her.
Re: New York Vs London by DeReloaded: 6:00am On Mar 25, 2009
Dis Guy:

play safe with iraqi cab driver? erm naaa mate!

well considering people rarely drive to the corner shop over in London, or call the fire service to get them
out of the bathroom, they can walk off their excess calories stay prim n proper no sagging bottoms like
touts

coins in heater? when did you visit London during the stone age?
make sure you stay indoors as usual guys, you dont want to injure yourself
remember no health insurance wink

i dey go sleep jare

stone age? If anything, getting paid MONTHLY is stone aged wink

rarely drive wetin?, yet AMERICAN CARS ie Fords are all over your congested roads. Abi no be Ford your James Bond sef use in Quntum of Solace. Cheap people grin Abeg stop fooling yourself.

Only jobless people have to worry about lack of health insurance. Sorry, Im not in that category. Unlike there where you wait 10 years before you get treatment, not to mention any jobless lunatic can get it for free on the TAXES OF HARD WORKING PEOPLE.

As for touts, hmm. Violence by youths is more famous orver there now than here and yours is merely an island. Berra pray make no one knife you for staring too long grin

G'night o. Go put your recharge card in your heater make you no freeze to death grin
Re: New York Vs London by SeanT21(f): 6:17am On Mar 25, 2009
I have 2 go to New York.I plan on getting my masters from there in a few Years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / The Best Bridge And The Best Flyover In Nigeria. PICTURES... / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.