Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,125 members, 7,807,402 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria (1293 Views)

Recruitment Scandal In SSS: Anonymous Source From The Presidency Reacts / Patience Jonathan In Okrika For Burial Of Comfort Kaine Obudibo / How Fayose Begged Zenith Bank To Cover Up The Source Of His Election Funds - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Caseless: 4:24am On Aug 08, 2015
In the past 10 hours , I have been made to remain on the spot ( I mean , it took me that much time to cover a negligible distance cos we are not moving) as a result of gridlock caused by the RCCG on the road linking Lagos and Ogun state.

In Nigeria, somebody must be bombed, abused , extorted, beaten , harassed, and deprived of his right in the name of religion.

Why can't I be allowed to go my own way or allowed to enjoy free movement simply because some people decided to cram themselves into an open space in the name of yearly religious activities?

As a Nigerian, I feel cheated by religion because of how it is been practiced in my country.

NB: don't tell me Nigeria is a secular country when you have religious leaders and institutions wielding humongous influence over everything.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Rtopzy(f): 4:26am On Aug 08, 2015
K
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Caseless: 4:30am On Aug 08, 2015
Rtopzy:
K
u book space even as u know I'm angry at Nigerian version of Christianity and islam?
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Sibrah: 4:50am On Aug 08, 2015
Caseless:
u book space even as u know I'm angry at Nigerian version of Christianity and islam?
Some pple are there to book space 'socially' I can guess. Just imagine the space booker in this thread who has nothing to say but feels the need to be among. Most of the blessing these guys are after are equally available to remote viewers watching.
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by isbish(m): 5:10am On Aug 08, 2015
Well, u may have a point but on a personal level, as a Muslim, Islam have been a source of inner peace for me. It's pathetic how some terrible people have misunderstood and misinterpreted verses be it Qur'an or Bible to act in despicakel manners. I am a proud Muslim, I get slated and hated for being one, but I care little because my inner peace with Allah matters most over anything. Allah swore in the Qur'an to protect His religion and those who follow its true teachings of love, peace, compassion, charity, patience, piety and knowledge seeing and not those who misinterpret and encourage killings and terror. May God help all of us and in the end, how u relate with the God u believe and others in kindness and love is all that matters.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by jamace(m): 6:49am On Aug 08, 2015
Foreign Religions have done more harm than good to Nigeria.

Why should christians who get into political offices loot the state treasury and still go to church and do thanksgiving for the prosperity, and the pastor/reverend knowing fully well that the man stole the money still carryout thanksgiving for him with all happiness?

Why should muslims who get into political offices loot the state treasury and still use the money to do zakat, claiming they are doing it for Allah? The surprising aspect is that despite praying 5 times in a day they still steal! shocked shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Caseless: 6:55am On Aug 08, 2015
isbish:
Well, u may have a point but on a personal level, as a Muslim, Islam have been a source of inner peace for me. It's pathetic how some terrible people have misunderstood and misinterpreted verses be it Qur'an or Bible to act in despicakel manners. I am a proud Muslim, I get slated and hated for being one, but I care little because my inner peace with Allah matters most over anything. Allah swore in the Qur'an to protect His religion and those who follow its true teachings of love, peace, compassion, charity, patience, piety and knowledge seeing and not those who misinterpret and encourage killings and terror. May God help all of us and in the end, how u relate with the God u believe and others in kindness and love is all that matters.

You sure got a point.

That inner peace, is 'defaultly' inherent in every religion, but this (inner peace) is found in constant conflict with the external guffaw and heehaw created by those that have 'nigerianized' the idea of religion.

I'm a muslim too; I have been tagged with all sorts of negative names , but it doesn't get to me anymore.
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by mbhs139(m): 6:59am On Aug 08, 2015
Caseless:
In the past 10 hours , I have been made to remain on the spot ( I mean , it took me that much time to cover a negligible distance cos we are not moving) as a result of gridlock caused by the RCCG on the road linking Lagos and Ogun state.

In Nigeria, somebody must be bombed, abused , extorted, beaten , harassed, and deprived of his right in the name of religion.

Why can't I be allowed to go my own way or allowed to enjoy free movement simply because some people decided to cram themselves into an open space in the name of yearly religious activities?

As a Nigerian, I feel cheated by religion because of how it is been practiced in my country.

NB: don't tell me Nigeria is a secular country when you have religious leaders and institutions wielding humongous influence over everything.

I just called a friend who left for Kano last night, at about 7pm, and he said they are no where near redeem gate due to the convention going on there. Isn't that frustrating enough.
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by mbhs139(m): 7:09am On Aug 08, 2015
isbish:

I think you gat the op wrong. He's not trying to castigate any religion but just trying to show his frustratio about the insensitivity of some of our religious practices and activities in this land.

I just called a friend who left for Kano last night, at about 7pm, and he said they are no where near redeem gate due to the convention going on there. Isn't that frustrating enough. Salam Alaykum.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Caseless: 7:38am On Aug 08, 2015
jamace:
Foreign Religions have done more harm than good to Nigeria.

Why should christians who get into political offices loot the state treasury and still go to church and do thanksgiving for the prosperity, and the pastor/reverend knowing fully well that the man stole the money still carryout thanksgiving for him with all happiness?

Why should muslims who get into political offices loot the state treasury and still use the money to do zakat, claiming they are doing it for Allah? The surprising aspect is that despite praying 5 times in a day they still steal!
shocked shocked

you can now see how religion is practiced in Nigeria. We have the most Godless adherents of Christianity and Islam on earth.

Sanusi Lamido once told the whole world how pa Adeboye ( the man who subjected me to the worst of my road experience via his program) made sure Erasmus Akingbola of intercontinental bank escape prosecution and he(adeboye) did that by using his influence and gej .

I saw a very big mosque built by Bala muhammed for a renowned islamic scholar in kaduna and, people were celebrating him(bala muhammed). I was like: are we this morally arid to celebrate a man with no known source of income other than being a minister, when he builds a mosque?

Sometimes, I say the likes of Seun and lalasticlala who are without religion enjoy the best state of mind anyone can desire.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Caseless: 7:49am On Aug 08, 2015
mbhs139:

I just called a friend who left for Kano last night, at about 7pm, and he said they are no where near redeem gate due to the convention going on there. Isn't that frustrating enough.

I set out around 5 pm, and I'm yet to see redeem gate.

Infact, a bus belonging to Royal Top just passed and I learnt he left Abuja in the morning yesterday.

Adeboye is heartless!
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by mbhs139(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2015
Caseless:

I set out around 5 pm, and I'm yet to see redeem gate.

Infact, a bus belonging to Royal Top just passed and I learnt he left Abuja in the morning yesterday.

Adeboye is heartless!

That's what we are talking about. You see, some of our actions at some of our religious houses are just a pain in the kneck. Is it the noise you want to talk about or what? Now this one!
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Caseless: 8:32am On Aug 08, 2015
mbhs139:

That's we are talking about. You see, some of our actions at some of our religious houses are just pain in the kneck. Is it the noise you want to talk about or what? Now this one!

They find reasons to justify their crass and intemperate actions in the name of religion.

Adeboye gave me the worst of my road experience.
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by bonechamberlain(m): 9:02am On Aug 08, 2015
its a scam in Nigeria, and only the reasonable would not fall for it. mind you I believe in the existence of God, but I doubt if all what we see and hear in churches this day is what He wants
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Caseless: 9:05am On Aug 08, 2015
Just got past this truck lying on the road. It fell when the driver ran into the gridlock and lost control of the vehicle.

Imagine what it will have been like if this was a tanker carrying petrol .

Religion is our problem.

Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Caseless: 9:12am On Aug 08, 2015
bonechamberlain:
its a scam in Nigeria, and only the reasonable would not fall for it. mind you I believe in the existence of God, but I doubt if all what we see and hear in churches this day is what He wants

Our religious institutions have been 'bastardized'.

Our houses of worship are spiritually arid cos they have been taken over by self-centered men.

Look at the hitch one man and his fraudulent religious event caused.

Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by bonechamberlain(m): 9:16am On Aug 08, 2015
Caseless:

Our religious institutions have been 'bastardized'.

Our houses of worship are spiritually arid cos they have been taken over by self-centered men.

Look at the hitch one man and his fraudulent religious event caused.
its the same people that preach for a better Nigeria but yet they are making the country worse because of crusades that would enrich them more.
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by mikolo80: 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
Caseless:

I think you mean fanaticism
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
Caseless:

Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
Caseless:

its the 'christians'. They always constitute a nuisance in the name of worshiping their god. They even go as far as being terrorists too. Is there anything we can do to get rid of them?
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 09, 2015
kropotkin2:
its the 'christians'. They always constitute a nuisance in the name of worshiping their god. They even go as far as being terrorists too. Is there anything we can do to get rid of them?
silly goon.!
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by tommysparks: 12:29am On Aug 09, 2015
The black man is the problem to his problems. Why can't redeem just build a flyover at that thier church point and it's not like they don't have the funds to get Fg approval and to construct it. Thieves paying tithes and doing zakat. Endtime things
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by StOla: 12:33am On Aug 09, 2015
Ki lo so nu t'on ba kaakiri?

I can't remember the last time I inconvenienced or troubled myself because of religion.
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by menesheh(m): 1:05am On Aug 09, 2015
StOla:

I can't remember the last time I inconvenienced or troubled myself because of religion.

Religion is opium taken by many in their cause of averting imagery divine damnation and fear of death.
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 09, 2015
loksman:
silly goon.!
are you a xtian?
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by vodkat: 2:15am On Aug 09, 2015
isbish:

The same islam that is given u peace has also life on hell for many ppl in the north and around the world. Just ask maduguri ppl

Many ppl have lost very thing , plus daughters sons and property becoz of the demonic effects of islam. It has been said the devil comes to kill and destroy.

It's the Same selfish ness of me me me that has made africa and nigeria to be upside down
Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Caseless: 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
tommysparks:
The black man is the problem to his problems. Why can't redeem just build a flyover at that thier church point and it's not like they don't have the funds to get Fg approval and to construct it. Thieves paying tithes and doing zakat. Endtime things

I can't just understand why they have not taken steps to address that yearly heehaw that happens around there.

We all can't suffer because of a religious activity- something should be done.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is A Source Of Pain And Not Comfort In Nigeria by Caseless: 9:45pm On Aug 09, 2015
StOla:

don't pls, especially when u are in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Potentials Of Being Inspired By An Igbo Man / What If Another Igbo Coup Takes Place Today / Apc Nepotism: Two Blood Sisters Head Government Agencies In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.