Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) (32855 Views)

Independence Speech By Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa – October 1, 1960 / Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos / Emir Sanusi Prays At The Tomb Of Murtala Muhammed (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 08, 2015
Popularly referred to as the Golden voice of Africa.
His tomb is located in Bauchi, Bauchi State.
He hails from a local government named after him, Tafawa Balewa L.G.A.

Let's celebrate a Hero who has done so well in Nigeria's political landscape.

Cc-Lalasticlala.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by INTROVERT(f): 7:26am On Aug 08, 2015
just saw the inscription.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Eleniyan15: 7:27am On Aug 08, 2015
rip
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Ddonoflife(m): 7:27am On Aug 08, 2015
Cool
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 08, 2015
cool cool cool

1 Share

Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Eleniyan15: 7:28am On Aug 08, 2015
INTROVERT:
ok

you again am here to hunt you
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by heykims(m): 7:28am On Aug 08, 2015
Rest well
But how come that last picture looks like Community Shield? #upgunners

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by LaurelP(m): 7:28am On Aug 08, 2015
Ok..seen
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by ggrin(f): 7:31am On Aug 08, 2015
undecided
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Asuokaa: 7:31am On Aug 08, 2015
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 08, 2015
Okay
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by fatdon2(m): 7:32am On Aug 08, 2015
One of nigeria greatest heros.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:35am On Aug 08, 2015
Some quantity of the first sample of crude from Oloibiri is in the museum which is part of the mausoleum.

1 Like

Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by vedd: 7:39am On Aug 08, 2015
Sorry, what did Balewa do so well that is worth celebrating?

Rigged Census - crisis
Rigged Western Nigeria election - crisis
Rigged General election - crisis, etc.

All those led to total chaos in the land, leading to a military coup, his assassination, and ultimately, a civil war.
With due respect, I think he was among the litany of clueless rulers that this country has been plagued with.
Wonder who is worse btwn Balewa, Shagari & Jonathan.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 08, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Some quantity of the first sample of crude from Oloibiri is in the museum which is part of the mausoleum.
The 1st sample is in a bottle like the one used to hold water pia pia
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Elbubs(f): 7:44am On Aug 08, 2015
Rest in peace, the golden voice of Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by OfoIgbo: 7:50am On Aug 08, 2015
He was responsible for the partiality that helped fuel the crisis in the western region in an effort to obliterate the Yorubas politically. The unwise intervention of the Nzeogwu boys checkmated his evil ploy to do the ILORIN over the whole of Yorubaland.

Anyway, may he RIP

9 Likes

Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by kossyablaze(m): 7:50am On Aug 08, 2015
I dedicate diz my likes to him and Man utd fans

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by kossyablaze(m): 7:53am On Aug 08, 2015
INTROVERT:
ok... but OP why ain't there no inscription showing who lays there. don't get me wrong o because I beleive you

we all know where we are going to....
Look at u...u see ur life?Eyes u no get,brain u no get...U no see the 2nd pics abi...His name is there!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by INTROVERT(f): 7:56am On Aug 08, 2015
kossyablaze:
Look at u...u see ur life?Eyes u no get,brain u no get...U no see the 2nd pics abi...His name is there!

just saw it... good morning to you too. hope you slept well.

2 Likes

Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by kossyablaze(m): 8:01am On Aug 08, 2015
INTROVERT:

just saw it... good morning to you too. hope you slept well.
Yes...always

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 08, 2015
INTROVERT:
ok... but OP why ain't there no inscription showing who lays there. don't get me wrong o because I beleive you

we all know where we are going to....

He was a modest man whose tomb depicts his modesty.
There is actually an inscription but it's not clearly visible in the pix.

The only house he owns is even dilapidated and it is 2 miles from his tomb.
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 08, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
You are right. It's in the museum, the 1st sample of crude oil.
I actually posted snap shots of so many other stuff I took while I visited the museum in a thread. sadly enough it didn't make front page and I can't recall the title of the thread sef.
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:26am On Aug 08, 2015
vedd:
Sorry, what did Balewa do so well that is worth celebrating?

Rigged Census - crisis
Rigged Western Nigeria election - crisis
Rigged General election - crisis, etc.

All those led to total chaos in the land, leading to a military coup, his assassination, and ultimately, a civil war.
With due respect, I think he was among the litany of clueless rulers that this country has been plagued with.
Wonder who is worse btwn Balewa, Shagari & Jonathan.
while his Tomb is a national monument, that of Azikiwe is an eyes sores. Marginalization no start today

1 Like

Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 08, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
while his Tomb is a national monument, that of Azikiwe is an eyes sores. Marginalization no start today
Lolxxx. before you arrive at the spot, were his remains lie, you would have to go through a dark tunnel before you enter the light were his body is laid to rest.
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 08, 2015
Elbubs:
Rest in peace, the golden voice of Africa.

He was a great orator who engaged in rhetorical discourses.

1 Like

Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by hakeem4(m): 8:37am On Aug 08, 2015
So they use tomb now a days
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by aminho(m): 8:44am On Aug 08, 2015
I remembered when visited the tomb during the under 17 games in nigeria a great hero
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 08, 2015
hakeem4:
So they use tomb now a days
Sir, it is a big building with walls, roofs, a door that houses the remains of the late prime minister, that is why it is a tomb.

The museum that houses his tomb was commissioned by OBJ military regime.
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by hakeem4(m): 8:46am On Aug 08, 2015
Daninya11:

Sir, it is a big building with walls, roofs, a door that houses the remains of the late prime minister, that is why it is a tomb.

The museum that houses his tomb was commissioned by OBJ military regime.
oh I was thinking of Jesus tomb
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 08, 2015
aminho:
I remembered when visited the tomb during the under 17 games in nigeria a great hero

Wao. I hope you saw the exhibition gallery and the artifacts.
Re: The Tomb Of Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (Photos) by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 08, 2015
Point of correction OP. It's; Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa grin cheesy wink smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Graduates 209 Students. Photos / Senator Shehu Sani react to Atiku claim to give amnesty to looters / Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.