Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) (21212 Views)

Pastor Who Rapes Pregnant Girls In Abia Church Turned Baby Factory Arrested(Pic) / NSCDC Apprehends Five Girls, Brothel Owners Involved In Baby Factory Business / Police Forced Us To Confess, Ikorodu Robbery Suspects Tell Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by dre11(m): 8:05am On Aug 08, 2015
Following arrests made by the police in Asaba, Delta State Police Command last week Saturday as they raided a baby factory behind the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, the suspects have spoken with journalists, explaining the reason behind their involvement.

The police rescued eight pregnant girls and arrested the operator and two other boys. The suspects are now at the Department of Criminal Investigations.

One of the girls, Ihezue (19), who said she is from Imo State, explained that poverty and lack of care pushed her into the business.

She said life had been difficult for her.

“I was looking for work and my brother brought me to Asaba and I was introduced to the operator who offered me job in his proposed polythene producing factory located in Asaba. That was where the police arrested us,” she said.

Another pregnant girl, Blessing (20), said she was impregnated by her boyfriend in Anambra State. She said the boyfriend denied the pregnancy and ran away while her parents chased her away from home.

“I did not know what to do. Later, I was introduced to the operator of the baby factory, I begged him and he agreed to take care of me. I did not know it was a baby factory until the police arrested us,” she said.

One of the girls,Ibechukwu (15), said she was brought to the home by her sister to spend holidays and engage in vacation job in the polythene factory, but that the operator of the factory later allegedly forced her into the business.

The suspected operator of the factory who gave his name as John Mary, an indigene of Imo state, denied ever operating the baby factory.

He told our correspondent, “I want to make heaven, I’m interested in helping people. You can see I’m not married. The parents of these girls know they live with me, I was ordained a reverend brother in 1995, I have written to Rome about this and they are aware”

Meanwhile, police detectives in Asaba, Delta State have killed two robbery suspects reported to have been terrorising Asaba and its environs in recent times.

Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mrs. Celestina Kalu who confirmed the incident, said the suspects David Ogboi and Sunday Kafedied were killed during a gun battle with the policemen, who acted on a tip-off on Thursday evening around DBS road, Asaba.

She said upon sighting the police detectives, the hoodlums opened fire on them and the police responded swiftly thereby killing the two robbery suspects.

http://www.punchng.com/city-news-feature/poverty-forced-us-into-baby-factory-business-suspects/

cc lalasticlala

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by INTROVERT(f): 8:06am On Aug 08, 2015
terrible

,Ibechukwu (15), said she was brought to the home by her sister to spend holidays and engage in vacation job in the polythene factory, but that the operator of the factory later allegedly forced her into the business

i can't even beleive a 15yo girl is involved is this or don't they know about vvf. This is just say

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by januzaj(m): 8:11am On Aug 08, 2015
dre11:

Ihezue (19), who said she is
from Imo State, Blessing (20), said she
was impregnated by her boyfriend in
Anambra State. Ibechukwu (15), The suspected operator of the factory who
gave his name as John Mary, an indigene of
Imo state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by Drkul(f): 8:14am On Aug 08, 2015
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:36am On Aug 08, 2015
Sorry, I didn't read the article, but did it happen in the east?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by kulobyno: 11:00am On Aug 08, 2015
Na wao
Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 08, 2015
BUHARI FORCED THEM INTO THE DIRTY JOB.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by readone99(m): 11:01am On Aug 08, 2015
This menace is becoming rampant and not a good one at all
Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by dave2meek(m): 11:01am On Aug 08, 2015
Poverty is not an excuse...

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by NaLaugh: 11:01am On Aug 08, 2015
Criminals always have something or someone else to blame for their actions.

How about taking some freakin responsibility, and blame your greed for it? undecided

It's always "oh, na devil," or "oh, na poverty."

Do they know how many other people live in poverty? How come every one of them isn't a criminal?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by Oscar4real(m): 11:02am On Aug 08, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 08, 2015
Want FREE 1000MB Mobile Data to browse with? Go to FACEBOOK and like the page GSMFIED to grab this offer before it ends.
Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by j4sure(m): 11:04am On Aug 08, 2015
thats not an excuse ooooooooooooooooooooooooo grin
Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by after1: 11:04am On Aug 08, 2015
@Buddahmonk Aka Anambradota, Come and see your family. Not a new thing.

7 Likes

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by readone99(m): 11:04am On Aug 08, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
BUHARI FORCED THEM INTO THE DIRTY JOB.
Pls, your brain is meant for thinking.

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by sonofananimal2: 11:04am On Aug 08, 2015
IGBOS angry UNA DON START AGAIN!! angry

11 Likes

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by Uteghe(m): 11:05am On Aug 08, 2015
The Igbos are so crime prone. They seem to have their hands in every ignominious pie.

12 Likes

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by spanishkid(m): 11:05am On Aug 08, 2015
I'm not surprised. That's what they are good at. They are to Nigeria what South Africa is to Africa, A Disgrace. Criminality is in their DNA. They thrive on theft you know. We all know the criminal tribe of Nigeria and I don't even have to say it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by Oceemo(m): 11:06am On Aug 08, 2015
Baby factory always from that side y

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 08, 2015
dre11:

http://www.punchng.com/city-news-feature/poverty-forced-us-into-baby-factory-business-suspects/

Asaba haaaaaa. the crime rate in Asaba is alarming. Car snatching and kidnapping is common.......... They have used Asaba as dumping ground.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by Nonybb: 11:08am On Aug 08, 2015
Uteghe:
The Igbo are so crime prone. They seem to have their hands in every ignominious pie.
Eediot. It is more honourable and reasonable to have a Baby Factory that save lives than to have a Bomb Factory that destroys it. Go to hell with your wicked allah. You cant compare Baby Factory with Bomb Factory

7 Likes

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:10am On Aug 08, 2015
undecided undecided cry e no easy mehn.
Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 08, 2015
poverty
Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by Nonybb: 11:15am On Aug 08, 2015
PDPwayoo:

Asaba haaaaaa. the crime rate in Asaba is alarming. Car snatching and kidnapping is common.......... They have used Asaba as dumping ground.
I served in Bauchi and I tell ya, it is less fearful than going to the market or outside to do something without knowing where next the bomb would fly out from

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by DIVINE78: 11:17am On Aug 08, 2015
So many products of baby factories from SE/SS are now registered as nairaland.com members.

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by Sweetlemon(f): 11:18am On Aug 08, 2015
Can we all stop insulting tribes over crime? All tribes have their wahala so NONE is holy enough to point fingers NONE!
Nigerian youths! Stop allowing elites use us for their selfish gains.

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 08, 2015
spanishkid:
I'm not surprised. That's what they are good at. They are to Nigeria what South Africa is to Africa, A Disgrace. Criminality is in their DNA. They thrive on theft you know. We all know the criminal tribe of Nigeria and I don't even have to say it.
IN WWE MARK HENRY (WWE) VOICE....this is what i do grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by Uteghe(m): 11:19am On Aug 08, 2015
Nonybb:
Eediot. It is more honourable and reasonable to have a Baby Factory that save lives than to have a Bomb Factory that destroys it. Go to hell with your wicked allah. You cant compare Baby Factory with Bomb Factory
Saves lives you say. Learn more. Baby factory infants are sold for rituals. By the way, am a bonafide Akwa Ibomite. An oil lord. Uwanga nse ntang? wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by Nonybb: 11:19am On Aug 08, 2015
[quote author=Uteghe post=36734908]
Saves lives you say. Learn more. Baby factory infants are sold for rituals. By the way, am a bonafide Akwa Ibomite. An oil lord. Uwanga nse ntang? wink
You are ignorant and totally lost. Nobody is saying Baby factory is good, but in comparison to the wickedness in the north, its a child's play. There is this propensity that you might be totally 100% wrong, but when you talk about Bomb Factories built by their sons and daughters for Jihad war which are boko harams, it is already there to destroy lives. They have a greater evil in their land and shouldnt meddle on what doesnt concern them. Go to facebook and some websites and see them calling us "Baby Factory products". I do not operate a Baby factory, but I'm sick and tired of these urchins talking about us as if their lands are totally clean of one wicked social vices or another

1 Like

Re: Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) by spanishkid(m): 11:22am On Aug 08, 2015
DIVINE78:
So many products of baby factories from SE/SS are now registered as nairaland.com members.
south east point of correction not south south. I'm from the South south and they've not been any case of any baby making factory anywhere. Be it Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa ibom or Cross River. South east is synonymous with such. They thrive on theft you know.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kidnappers Arrested For The Death Of Rivers Manager After Ransom Collection. PIC / Man Electrocuted While Stealing Transformer Cables In Edo / Baby Dumped In A Waste Bin In Awka (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.