Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" (73528 Views)

The Bush Animal A Man Caught And Slaughtered This Morning For Breakfast (Pics) / See The Snake My Friend Uncle Killed For Her To Eat (photos) / Men Capture Snake In Calabar, Turn It Into Food. Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by Godset1: 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
sukkot:
not been in nigeria for a lil minute but here is a question for anybody, is there scarcity of beef and chicken in nigeria ? why are people eating snakes ? is this some kind of biblical curse ? like you need to have the seed of serpent in you for you to even think about eating snakes.like attracts like. i think this is a generational biblical curse on some nigerians that is manifesting. you are like your father the serpent who was a deceiver from the very beginning. so the serpent in them craves that snake meat. its a subconscious gastronomic and cosmic allegiance to the snake. eating that snake satisfies the serpent dna in them
Sist that Bible quotation not follow here. That place is not talking about ordinary snake but It's referring to Jews who refused to listen to Jesus.
Remember, Do not refer to wat God have made clean unclean.
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by Baroba(m): 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
[quote author=johnshagb post=36740386

It's puff adder[/quote]

Echi eteka / aju ani ( Anambarians) Avu ani (Enugu folks) .. An extremely venomous state that actually runs away from humans.. If you get nailed by one of these, and you don't get anti venom quick quick na death be that..
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by Baroba(m): 6:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
gudluckgreat:

Ajuala in ibo. I have forgotten the name in English. It is a very cunning and slow moving snake

Kpom.. Slow moving but packs a lot of venom, you find them basking in sandy footpaths in.
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by iykedare(m): 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
Oceemo:
If u have not tasted snake u will say all sort waite till u taste it and all other meat will not be nice in ur eyes. I can remember when I last ate it tho

Admit it. Na poverty dey make people like you eat snakes.

May God help you
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by 19naia(m): 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
warranger:
Can someone tell me the name of this snake in English and Igbo language?

Gaboon Viper. Very deadly venemous and has among the fastest striking bite of any snake.
Very well camouflged and with enough venom to bring certain death to any man it bites.

Very beautiful snake to see for its color patterns..
Not to be joked or played around with, even the head after death is best burnt to ashes or buried deep.
I fear this snake more than cobra. Cobra gives fair warning, but this Gaboon viper is faster in its strike and possibly more devastating in its venoms effect.
See the photos below that show it and its fang size. Among the largest fangs of any type of snake on earth.

1 Like

Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by sukkot: 7:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
Godset1:

Sist that Bible quotation not follow here. That place is not talking about ordinary snake but It's referring to Jews who refused to listen to Jesus.
Remember, Do not refer to wat God have made clean unclean.
God works in symbolism too. trust me.
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by 19naia(m): 7:28pm On Aug 08, 2015
It is considered an endangered snake by snake researchers. Best to try and chase them away or relocate them far away, but i cant blame someone for killing such a deadly snake if found in or very near their living and working areas.
Gaboon viper. Very deadly and not a snake to joke around or play with.

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUpySt0_oSo

1 Like

Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by marvelito: 8:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
whirlwind7:
On behalf of all snake in naija, this letter of appeal goes out to everyone out there.

It is with a genuine feeling of dread and fear of extinction that we are pleading for mercy and leniency from all denizens.

We know that we are greatly despised and abhorred by almost everyone. We understand that, and we have been living with it for generations. Perhaps it's because the Creator permitted the devil to take our appearance when he deceived Eve in Eden's garden. Or perhaps it's because the very sight of our magnificently slithering and sexy body evokes a primordial fear in humans?

Whatever the reason may be, kindly note that we were all created by the same source. We have the right to eat, breathe and shyte like everyone else.

We can actually point you in the direction of better and more fulfilling targets to quench your lust for our wholesale slaughter: Your politicians!

Do to your corrupt politicians what you have been doing to us, and we more than guarantee you, that we would both have better living conditions. Politicians' poor environmental preservation policy has contributed to the destruction of our natural habitats. We need shelter, just like everyone else!

We believe a plate of catfish pepper soup beats the flavour of a serpentine treat, anyday, anytime.

Live and let live. Thank you.
Kindly join us to observe this moment of silence for our departed comrade. We shall overcome!

Signed: Committee for a better human and serpent relationship. cheesy
so na catfish fit to die abi.

1 Like

Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by Oceemo(m): 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
iykedare:

Admit it. Na poverty dey make people like you eat snakes.

May God help you
I don't know y foolish peeps like u won't mind they business. If u not learned pls keep of my post cus I hate 2 banter words with low life like u. So pls and pls mind ur business cus I know u a kid and I don't have that luxury time for block head kids like u

So kiddo pls keep of my post.
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by otiigba1(m): 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
What the fu....k? shocked i hope the eater of snakes do not get poisoned
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by neocortex: 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
sukkot:
not been in nigeria for a lil minute but here is a question for anybody, is there scarcity of beef and chicken in nigeria ? why are people eating snakes ? is this some kind of biblical curse ? like you need to have the seed of serpent in you for you to even think about eating snakes.like attracts like. i think this is a generational biblical curse on some nigerians that is manifesting. you are like your father the serpent who was a deceiver from the very beginning. so the serpent in them craves that snake meat. its a subconscious gastronomic and cosmic allegiance to the snake. eating that snake satisfies the serpent dna in them

Hahaha
All these religious folks believing everything they read
makes me agree that religion is indeed the opium of the masses.
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by Ifiegboria(m): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
Ifiegboria:

Yes bro. I see U re representing us well... Well done. I pledge my loyalty.
I fit add u for bbm?
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
----------------------------_______________________----------------------------
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by Ifiegboria(m): 9:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
mekzyjoe:

NOW NOW shocked shocked
I fit add u for bbm?
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by pasol4real(m): 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
whirlwind7:
On behalf of all snake in naija, this letter of appeal goes out to everyone out there.

It is with a genuine feeling of dread and fear of extinction that we are pleading for mercy and leniency from all denizens.

We know that we are greatly despised and abhorred by almost everyone. We understand that, and we have been living with it for generations. Perhaps it's because the Creator permitted the devil to take our appearance when he deceived Eve in Eden's garden. Or perhaps it's because the very sight of our magnificently slithering and sexy body evokes a primordial fear in humans?

Whatever the reason may be, kindly note that we were all created by the same source. We have the right to eat, breathe and shyte like everyone else.

We can actually point you in the direction of better and more fulfilling targets to quench your lust for our wholesale slaughter: Your politicians!

Do to your corrupt politicians what you have been doing to us, and we more than guarantee you, that we would both have better living conditions. Politicians' poor environmental preservation policy has contributed to the destruction of our natural habitats. We need shelter, just like everyone else!

We believe a plate of catfish pepper soup beats the flavour of a serpentine treat, anyday, anytime.

Kindly join us to observe this moment of silence for our departed comrade. We shall overcome!

Hmmmmmm dis must be Nagina ,"the snake man "
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by Godset1: 9:28pm On Aug 08, 2015
chocolateme:
how dare u cancel my write up? Do you know the stress it took me to type it? Don't do that again.
Hmmmmmmm. I can't stop laffing , the way u say it. I am very sorry for d cancellation. U are someone with Good heart.

1 Like

Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by Moz22: 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Yes!! It's very very possible in a school environment. We all went to school and we know how we managed the environment.

"If you wanna make something happen, you can always make it happen" There should be no limits to where good hygiene can be carried out.

So this unhygienic environment is your definition of "Man must survive"? I guess you meant it ironically.
I guess u went to CU.
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by iykedare(m): 9:31pm On Aug 08, 2015
Oceemo:
I don't know y foolish peeps like u won't mind they business. If u not learned pls keep of my post cus I hate 2 banter words with low life like u. So pls and pls mind ur business cus I know u a kid and I don't have that luxury time for block head kids like u

So kiddo pls keep of my post.

Lol. Now learn how to write English correctly before you reply me.

Church rat from a poverty stricken generation
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
mekzyjoe:
My Yung cousin sent me this photos this morning.he skools in AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY EKPOMA
find attached.
1. d dead snake
2. snake chopped into pieces
4. peppersoup tins the end product..grin grin cry cry
I FEAR STUDENTS OO..d quest for food..chaii embarassed embarassed

CC..missy B3, FYNES TBOI,IJEB ABE,...pls drag this thread to d front page
Omo na which hostel be that? grin grin
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by Ertekazee: 9:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
mekzyjoe:

NOW NOW shocked shocked
Glorified Comprehensive High School. In your next life, ask God to please send you to Great Ife!
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by Missmossy(f): 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
Ewwwww!!!!

These guys should be careful, not every creeping creature is eatable.
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by Missmossy(f): 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
Ewwwww!!!!

These guys should be careful, not every creeping creature is eatable grin grin

Some guys can eat anything.
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by onyeogalu1(m): 10:04pm On Aug 08, 2015
warranger:

viper and Abu ala
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by dfrost: 10:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
9jatatafo:
No animal right lawyers in this country? The food chain has been tampered with.

This is really absurd. Can't we preserve some of the animals? Some might argue that it won't be easy but it's doable. The other day it was a hippo. I hope we won't be seeing poaching of endangered species in Nigeria soon. cry
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by VickyRotex(f): 10:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
Moz22:
I guess u went to CU.

Not CU. But a Private Uni tho.
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by BecaciaBarbie(f): 1:57am On Aug 09, 2015
VickyRotex:
Ewwwwwww angry angry

Everything is irritating.

Look at the environment it's been prepared.

Talk of Personal Hygiene!
The environment is really irritating.... I can't even stare at the pics not to talk salivating or drooling over the plate of snake pepper soup....ewwww

1 Like

Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by arimahoseloka(m): 6:10am On Aug 09, 2015
Chai, Nigerians must everything u kill be Eaten?
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:41am On Aug 09, 2015
warranger:

Its a Gaboon Viper, a very dangerous snake, delivering one of the highest volume of venom in its bite, an ambush predator, often lying in waiting well hidden in the undergrowth for its prey (rodents etc) and striking with lightening speed; although docile and not aggressive,however, humans often also fall victims after failing to see it in time and even stepping on it due to its effective camouflage.

Those boys that caught and ate were very lucky.
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by 2dillu2(m): 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
whirlwind7:

excellent wink
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by VickyRotex(f): 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

The environment is really irritating.... I can't even stare at the pics not to talk salivating or drooling over the plate of snake pepper soup....ewwww

I tell you! embarassed
Re: A Boar Snake My Cousin Killed In His Hostel This Morning"graphic Pics" by Moz22: 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2015
VickyRotex:

Not CU. But a Private Uni tho.
thought as much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Brother Killed This Big Antelope Today (photo) / Russians Eat Okro Soup And Eba For The First Time / The Secret Of Losing The Sour Taste In The Tomato Stew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.