Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Cbn Sets New Limit On Master Card - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cbn Sets New Limit On Master Card (3242 Views)

CBN Police Blocked Owerri-mbaise Road For 3hours To Fix Spoilt Vehicle / Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record / How Can Nigerians In Diaspora Access Their Funds From 2016 With The CBN Policy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cbn Sets New Limit On Master Card by blackedwin: 5:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
I made a flight booking Via Ba.com,I initiated the payment and my card was declined,thereafter I got a mail from GTB that I have reached my daily Limit,I called GTB customer care,I got the shock of my life that CBN issued a standing instruction last night to all banks that from today all daily transaction should be pecked at $300 .

Please does anyone have any info on what's going on

See extract Below

Date:Sun, 9 Aug, 2015 at 1:10
Subject:Commencement of PTA and BTA Sales and Review of International Spending Limits on Your Naira MasterCard

Review of International Spending Limits on Your Naira MasterCard and Sale of PTA and BTA
Dear Customer,
Commencement of PTA and BTA Sales and Review of International Spending Limits on Your Naira MasterCard
This is to inform you that we will commence the sale of Personal and Business Travel Allowance (PTA & BTA) from Monday, 10th August 2015 at select branches across the country. This means that all intending travellers can now purchase foreign currency at designated GTBank branches up to a quarterly limit of $5,000 and $4,000 (for BTA and PTA respectively) or its equivalent in GBP and EURO.

Please find requirements below:

Business Travel Allowance (BTA)
Personal Travel Allowance (PTA)
Valid visa and return ticket
Valid visa and return ticket
Valid International Passport
Valid International Passport
Copy of Certificate of Incorporation

Letter of Invitation from offshore business counter party

Letter of nomination from your employer

However, in view of the increased difficulty in sourcing foreign currency to settle international transactions on Naira MasterCards, we have reduced the daily international spending limit on your Naira MasterCard to $300.This means that you can only spend up to $300 daily when using your GTBank Naira MasterCard for international payments via POS and online.

You will, however continue to have the option of paying for medical bills, school fees, mortgages and credit cards using Form A, as these are eligible transactions for foreign currency. Simply visit any GTBank branch to complete a Form A along with the required documents to make these payments.

Kindly accept our sincere apologies for every inconvenience this might cause, and we would like to assure you that we are working hard at finding alternative sources for foreign currency and a quick respite to this situation.
For ways we can help you, please contact our Card Services Team at cardservices@gtbank.com and our 24-hour contact centre, GTConnect on any of the numbers listed below.

GTConnect
GTBank Social Media Icons
Re: Cbn Sets New Limit On Master Card by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
Wait
Re: Cbn Sets New Limit On Master Card by BE811APP: 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
I just hope all dis cbn directives.. Will help d naira in the long run
Re: Cbn Sets New Limit On Master Card by samtol4(m): 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
blackedwin:
I made a flight booking Via Ba.com,I initiated the payment and my card was declined,thereafter I got a mail from GTB that I have reached my daily Limit,I called GTB customer care,I got the shock of my life that CBN issued a standing instruction last night to all banks that from today all daily transaction should be pecked at $300 .

YES UBA was d first bank to obey the standing instruction .Other banks were not ready but since Buhari came in and enforce it .Infact I was dazed when my daily limit was reduced by UBA to 20dollars !
Re: Cbn Sets New Limit On Master Card by otokx(m): 9:17pm On Aug 08, 2015
blackedwin:

If you are in Nigeria then the currency should be in Naira not Dollar, that is what oga at the top keeps saying.
Re: Cbn Sets New Limit On Master Card by otokx(m): 9:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
BE811APP:
I just hope all dis cbn directives..
Will help d naira in the long run

Funny enough they won't, government should remove fuel subsidy.

(1) (Reply)

Who Wants To Travel To Europe? / Abuja City – An Overview Of Nigeria’s Capital / I Have 2million Can I Go To Usa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.