Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,315 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife (25108 Views)

Police Arrested Christ Embassy Pastor Over 4 Abortions Mess (photo) / Lagos Pastor Divorces Wife For Sex & Food Starvation / Marriage To These Types Of People Will Surely End In Divorce(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by GOATandYAMtheory: 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
•He is cruel, steals church funds – Wife
•‘I am tired of her quarrels, lack of respect for me, ministry, family’

The pastor in-charge, Pentecostal Power and Authority Ministry Worldwide, Mr Kayode Oladoyinbo, and his wife, Christian, are locked in a bitter divorce battle after 11 years of marriage. The union is blessed with three children, aged 11, 9 and 6, respectively.

Asking an Ojo, Lagos Customary Court to dissolve the marriage, Christian accused her husband of frequent beatings, cruelty, illegal summoning and arrests, lack of care and stealing of the church funds as reasons she wants a divorce.

Accepting the divorce claim instituted by his wife, Kayode said he was fed up with the marriage, accusing the wife of wickedness. According to the pastor, the wife, sometime in 2009 poured kerosene on him with the aim of setting him ablaze, before he managed to escape. He said, at another occasion, the petitioner attempted to kill him with a knife, saying he took the weapon and fled to safety. On another occasion, Kayode claimed the wife threatened to burn down the church and kill him in the process. He alleged that this prompted his reporting the matter to the Morogbo Police Division, saying she was subsequently arrested. He revealed that under interrogation by the police, the wife confessed that she actually threatened to attack the church, but that she was not serious about it.

The wife, however, pleaded with the court to stop the husband from intimidating, embarrassing and molesting her, and asked that she is granted the custody of the children of the marriage.

Counsel to Kayode, Mr. Ademola Adedayo, narrated to the court efforts to settle the matter between the couple, saying the efforts proved abortive due to the petitioner, Christian, who remained intransigent.

However, when the Court President, Chief Joesph Ogunmola, asked the parties their final say on the marriage, the wife said she wanted the marriage saved, but her husband insisted that, having come this far, he would want the marriage dissolved. “I want this divorce. I am tired of my wife, her constant quarrels and lack of respect for me, my ministry and my family”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/lagos-pastor-in-divorce-mess-he-steals-church-funds-says-wife/#sthash.wOsue7IG.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2015
its funny how a man and a woman will start off loving each other ........and at the end of the day, they become enemies!

i dont understand it...

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by tobtap: 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
not surprised ...CHURCH IS NOW BIG AND PROFITABLE BIZNESS

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by Tolexander: 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2015
Asking an Ojo, Lagos Customary Court to
dissolve the marriage, Christian accused her husband of frequent beatings, cruelty, illegal summoning and arrests, lack of care and stealing of the church funds as reasons she wants a divorce
the money stolen, aren't you both spending the money?

When woman no longer loves her spouse, that's when you start seeing flimsy excuses like this.

27 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by IamLEGEND1: 5:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
This is what happens when you marry an agbero

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by Chartey(m): 5:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
And dem go dey do marriage counseling, singles' seminar, chair good women and men's fellowship meetings. Na wa o.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by MzzTega(f): 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
And who Ordained Him a Pastor?
Please, due respect should be given to that name.
THAT man should be addressed by HIS name.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by DuchessLily(f): 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
Hmmmm

That is what happens when u 'call urself'

But this woman na rugged woman shaa
Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by ronald4lif(m): 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
Not surprised. Most pastors in Nigeria are same with politicians. Their trademark is to steal, obtain money by false pretense and concoct lies to enriching themselves. They are con men, embezzlers and anti-masses just like the men in leadership.

Had it been we were still in the pre-colonial era these pastors would have rounded and bundle up their respective parishioners/congregants and sold them off to the imperialists for slavery.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by Cutehector(m): 5:26pm On Aug 08, 2015
Unemployement causes brothers in christ to set up churches...

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by bayocanny: 5:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
The wife behavior is similar to that of patience jonathan grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by vivypretty(f): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
mama g of nollywood is an expert in this role. this is one thing i pray i never do in my life DIVORCE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by Shortyy(f): 5:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
I'll read later
Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by Tomzima50: 5:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
Both of them should repent

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by Ddonoflife(m): 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
The thunder wey go fire d pastor dey learn work
Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
If the marriage had not gone wrong, the wife wouldn't have confessed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by mecuzee(m): 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
I breaks my heart when folks answer the name "pastor" and bring reproach to the name of Christ with things like this cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by wealthlift(m): 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
Hmmmmm?
Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by pasword: 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
nawa
Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by Ufranklin92(m): 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2015
Op your moniker got me hungry
Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
most(a very large number) of this pastors are thieves, I was in church last week and this guest pastor was like, "they are seven of you here that the lord wants to bless, seven of you with #77,000". he moved from #77,000 to 12 of you with #25,000,to 50 of you with #1,500 undecided Na so I just sidon for my seat dey look am with one eye, so if I no hold money God no go bless me Na undecided ...... thieves....

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
Some women can be something else to their husbands o. That's why its always good for a brother or sister to look before they leap o. If you are a man(brother) who knows that the calling of GOD is upon your life, dont marry blindly o or else, she'll disgrace you like this. The woman GOD may want for your life may not even be the sober looking one sef. Just let GOD direct your life(lives) i tell you.
Btw when will all this boko haram bombs stop na?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by allanphash7(m): 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
I dont need to read before i comment

If its Religion matter(Christanity and Islam) i already know they are both scarmmers

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by adonbilivit: 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
how can one steal from his own establishment that is God's own at the same time?
Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by christinie(f): 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
bayocanny:
The wife behavior is similar to that of patience jonathan grin
and when someone insults your own now you will cry foul play.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by gbaskiboy: 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
Church and money they are 5 and 6

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by joystickextendr: 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
shocked lipsrsealed issokay

Meanwhile do u want to know how u can enlarge your joystick and stop premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by 989900: 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2015
He steals . . . we know already. #asusual

1 Like

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by BornnAgainChild(f): 6:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
Church business is serious business

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Pastor In Divorce Mess: He Steals Church Funds Says Wife by 4stylz: 6:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
DDeliverer:
its funny how a man and a woman will start off loving each other ........and at the end of the day, they become enemies!

i dont understand it...

Exactly I wonder

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Than 200,000 Children Married In US Over The Last 15 Years / What Is The Appropriate Age To Register A Child In School? / Badagry Records 30,000 Failed Marriages In 9 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.