Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,026 members, 7,803,456 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Its Official - $300 Spending Limit On GTB Naira Mastercard ! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Its Official - $300 Spending Limit On GTB Naira Mastercard ! (1373 Views)

Firstbank Introduces Contactless Naira Mastercard / GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard / No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Official - $300 Spending Limit On GTB Naira Mastercard ! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
$300 daily ceiling limit has been imposed naira denominated Mastercard for international online and POS transactions. What kind of artificial shore up is government/CBN giving to naira ?? They have made it difficult to fund dorm accounts, now a ridiculous limit on debit cards.
I think they are looking at the wrong places. Nigeria is suffering from years of dependence on oil sales and presently think they will have a quick fix by limiting free trade? How can a country survive on >97% foreign earning on petroleum sales and import virtually everything ? No good roads when we have all required to pave roads. No 24/7 power supply when we have unlimited gas reserves and flare tons of associated gas daily.

Unless we start recognizing that our largest asset is our people, not oil. Developing human capital and have a manufacturing sector that will at least serve Africa should be the least we should do. Japan has virtually no natural resources , yet they are world's
3rd largest economy ! They import your oil , metals, minerals and give you vehicles , electronics , software etc. Same goes for Singapore. We need to drum this into the head of our rulers. What we see here is a brain drain : multinationals pick our best brains and the remaining shipped to US /Europe. It's that way because the country has no use for them.

This move by CBN is not a viable option and will make life difficult for ordinary citizens.
Re: Its Official - $300 Spending Limit On GTB Naira Mastercard ! by mployer(m): 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
I think it is because of those on summer holiday
Re: Its Official - $300 Spending Limit On GTB Naira Mastercard ! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nigeria would soon become something else
Re: Its Official - $300 Spending Limit On GTB Naira Mastercard ! by nurez305(m): 10:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
Na wa ooo
Re: Its Official - $300 Spending Limit On GTB Naira Mastercard ! by davidugotex(m): 2:38am On Aug 09, 2015
Buhari is now taking Nigeria back to stone age. Anyway, none of my business as I earn my $100+ daily. If you wanna know, check the attached picture.

Re: Its Official - $300 Spending Limit On GTB Naira Mastercard ! by psyqs(m): 8:08am On Aug 09, 2015
cry
Re: Its Official - $300 Spending Limit On GTB Naira Mastercard ! by AleAirHub(m): 8:22am On Aug 09, 2015
Good morning,
I also receive the message this morning and I was really annoy.... Well the best is to close my bank account with them or switch to order banks....
Re: Its Official - $300 Spending Limit On GTB Naira Mastercard ! by mavinc4u(f): 10:23am On Aug 09, 2015
AleAirHub:
Good morning,
I also receive the message this morning and I was really annoy.... Well the best is to close my bank account with them or switch to order banks....

Is a general thing
Re: Its Official - $300 Spending Limit On GTB Naira Mastercard ! by mavinc4u(f): 10:29am On Aug 09, 2015
I think am beginning to feel the change for the first time. Let the skelewu dancers that danced when banks stopped accepting dollar into domiciliary account activate their dancing steps because the real shit has hit the ceiling fan when no one is putting on raincoat to prevent himself/herself.
Re: Its Official - $300 Spending Limit On GTB Naira Mastercard ! by EnterPRO: 11:22am On Aug 09, 2015
$300 is just too low.

$1000 is better, or something close to the N150k limit for naira withdrawals.
Re: Its Official - $300 Spending Limit On GTB Naira Mastercard ! by AleAirHub(m): 11:45am On Aug 09, 2015
mavinc4u:

Is a general thing

Honestly I Don't Really Know And If It Is General, Then Many Smart Individual Will Switch To Plan B.

(1) (Reply)

Billionaire Oil Mogul, Mohammed Indimi And His Son Ahmed Indimi With SA / Top Seven Online Sme Directories In Nigeria / Get A Driver Today At Driversng.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.