Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,098 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality (2115 Views)

Which Gospel Song Takes You Into The Spiritual Realm? / This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality / Overcoming Feelings Of Homosexuality By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
The spiritual side of homosexuality
by Matt Slick

The content of this article is not aimed at delving into the religious beliefs of homosexuals or how they view themselves spiritually. Instead, it is about the spiritual meaning of homosexuality according to the Bible.

Created Order

Biblically, homosexuality is a sin that is clearly condemned in Scripture (Lev. 18:22, 20:13, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, Rom. 1:26-28). But it seems to be more than "a mere sin." When we look at God and Adam and Eve, we see a manifestation of the will of God in making a man and a woman (Gen. 2:21-24), not a man and a man, nor a woman and a woman. We see the heterosexual pattern that God established in order to fulfil the creation mandate:

"And God blessed them; and God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky, and over every living thing that moves on the earth,'" (Gen. 1:28).

It is not possible to carry out God's command to multiply and fill the earth via homosexual unions. Therefore, homosexuality is a direct contradiction to the command God.

Messiah

In addition, it was through procreation that the Messiah would come, who would deliver sinners from eternal damnation. Biblically speaking, Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary who in turn was born through the heterosexual relationship of a married couple, and so on. Such progeny could never have been produced via homosexuality. So, if homosexuality were rampant, it would have been a threat to the messianic line--with dire spiritual consequences for us all. Therefore, it could be said that homosexuality is an attack not only on the created order of God making man and woman in order to fill the earth and subdue it but also upon the Messiah as well. Of course, it goes without saying that God's plan for the redemption of mankind ultimately could not be thwarted and that Jesus would have been born, died and resurrected, no matter how many homosexuals populated the earth.

Spiritual Consequences

Perhaps this is why in Romans 1 we see what appears to be a unique judgment upon the hearts and minds of homosexuals.

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error," (Rom. 1:26-27).

These two verses are a condemnation of homosexual practice. But notice that within them there is a declaration that God gives people over to the depravity of their hearts and minds when they're involved with homosexuality. I know of no other sin mentioned in Scripture where it says the sinners are given over to it. Clearly, homosexuality has dire spiritual consequences.

Furthermore, not only are they given over to their sins (a type of judgment) but also the result of this is that then they want to promote their sin to others.

"And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; 32 and, although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them," (Rom. 1:28-32).

This is exactly what we see in the homosexual agenda with its heavy-handed and persistent promotion in society, schools, movies, TV, internet, literature, and politics. As Christians, we need to be cognizant of the spiritual consequence and its effect on the material world. We need to pray for them and their deliverance from this great sin. Also, we Christians cannot remain isolated from the rising tide of homosexual social reconstruction. We need to take a stand against it so that we might promote the righteousness of God and inform sinners of the need to repent.

https://carm.org/spiritual-side-homosexuality

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2015
Uninvited

AIDS... it's a death sentence. Nurse Clara gives the men straight talk about how they got in this mess, and how Jesus can give them hope.

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1070/1070_01.asp

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:52pm On Aug 10, 2015
These demons are uninvited!

These patients are about to hear the bitter truth.

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:34am On Aug 11, 2015
Does this sound familiar? undecided

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54am On Aug 15, 2015
Are they born that way?

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 15, 2015
Ignorant OP recycling a book that has expired thousands of years ago. Who are you to speak on homosexuality when you haven't tried it? Perhaps Jesus and Kumuyi did,who knows
Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:43am On Aug 15, 2015
ifeness:

Ignorant OP recycling a book that has expired thousands of years ago. Who are you to speak on homosexuality when you haven't tried it? Perhaps Jesus and Kumuyi did,who knows

Why is it that atheists are the main culprits when it comes to homosexuality? Could it be because you have abandoned God or is it that God has abandoned you? See Romans 1:26-32 in the OP.
Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Why is it that atheists are the main culprits when it comes to homosexuality? Could it be because you have abandoned God or is it that God has abandoned you? See Romans 1:26-32 in the OP.

How can a God abandon God? You have no clue you are the God you go to church looking for. You are the one who needs help Mr.
Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:40am On Aug 15, 2015
ifeness:

How can a God abandon God? You have no clue you are the God you go to church looking for. You are the one who needs help Mr.

The adage that says 'the moment a mad man realises he is mad is the moment he becomes well' may have some truth in it. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:02am On Aug 15, 2015
Who is the hater?

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The adage that says 'the moment a mad man realises he is mad is the moment he becomes well' may have some truth in it. undecided

I think the mad person here is the one who believes unbelievers of Jesus will go to a lake of fire. We are clearly on a different path here. You can get well soon tho
Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47pm On Aug 18, 2015
The spiritual side of homosexuality.

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
Clara shares her story.

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:55pm On Aug 24, 2015
If the Son makes you free you shall be free indeed.

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
Jesus is the antidote.

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:39am On Aug 28, 2015
Discover the reason why folks become homosexuals.

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:55am On Aug 30, 2015
The cat is now let out of the bag. cool

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
Going back to the Flood of Noah

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 01, 2015
Time is short. No gains in arguments or vain religious discussion. When are you going to surrender your life to Jesus?

Please, do not let today pass you by. Seize this opportunity and say this simple prayer:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I acknowledge you as my Lord and personal Saviour and that you died for my sins. Please Lord, forgive me of all my iniquities, wash me clean in your shed blood and write my name in your Book of life.

From today, I accept you as my Lord and Saviour and I hereby denounce any past relationship I had with Satan and his agents.

Thank you Jesus for saving my soul. In Jesus name I prayed."

Now if you said above prayer, you are born again and you know what, there is rejoicing in Heaven right now for your sake.

Next step, find a Bible believing Church around you (RCCG, Deeper Life, TREM, MFM, Christ Apostolic Church, ECWA or any church where Jesus is preached) and become baptised by IMMERSION. Baptism by IMMERSION (completely submerged in water) is key as it signify your recognition of Jesus' DEATH, BURIAL & RESURRECTION.

You life is already anew.
Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26am On Sep 01, 2015
Where did the word Sodomy come from?

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
God doesn't play dice.

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11am On Sep 05, 2015
The spirit of homosexuals controls politics, mainstream media, religion and nations, i.e. the U.S of A.

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
The 'heart' of man is deceitful.

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by nnamdiosu(m): 11:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
OLAADEGBU:
God doesn't play dice.
nice teachings and comics. pls finish posting them. God bless
Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
nnamdiosu:

Stay tuned for the conclusions otherwise click on the link I posted after the OP. smiley
Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:03am On Sep 08, 2015
As the days of Noah were so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be...

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52am On Sep 08, 2015
Repent and believe the gospel. smiley

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02pm On Sep 10, 2015
Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved. smiley

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
Praise the Lord for there's a new name written down in heaven. smiley

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:32pm On Sep 12, 2015
Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved from the judgment to come. smiley

Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:03am On Jan 29, 2016

Time is short. No gains in arguments or vain religious discussion. When are you going to surrender your life to Jesus?

Please, do not let today pass you by. Seize this opportunity and say this simple prayer:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I acknowledge you as my Lord and personal Saviour and that you died for my sins. Please Lord, forgive me of all my iniquities, wash me clean in your shed blood and write my name in your Book of life.

From today, I accept you as my Lord and Saviour and I hereby denounce any past relationship I had with Satan and his agents.

Thank you Jesus for saving my soul. In Jesus name I prayed."

Now if you said above prayer, you are born again and you know what, there is rejoicing in Heaven right now for your sake.

Next step, find a Bible believing Church around you (RCCG, Deeper Life, TREM, MFM, Christ Apostolic Church, ECWA or any church where Jesus is preached) and become baptised by IMMERSION. Baptism by IMMERSION (completely submerged in water) is key as it signify your recognition of Jesus' DEATH, BURIAL & RESURRECTION.

You life is already anew.

Food for thought. smiley
Re: The Spiritual Side Of Homosexuality by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:40am On Feb 28, 2017
nnamdiosu:

More to come. Stay tuned. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beware Of Religious Leaders And Their Serpent Messages / Churches That Pray For Their Enemies To Die---What Do You Think? / What Is God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.