Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) (33478 Views)

Ogoni Clean-Up: Buhari To Be Represented By Osinbajo - Femi Adesina / Ogoni Clean-up: Buhari A Better Son Of The N / Delta Than Jonathan – APC / 1985 Coup: Dasuki Denies Arresting Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) by TzuClausewitz: 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
poseidon12:
So which version of the story about how Buhari was arrested do we believe? Until now the story is that Col. Dasuki led soldiers to go arrest Buhari. Some even said Dasuki pulled a gun on Buhari. Nigerians and wild speculations.

I don't think that the different accounts of how Buhari was arrested by the coupists in 1985 are too conflicting. It is generally agreed that the following five Majors were assigned to arrest him: Abdulmumuni Aminu, Lawan Gwadabe, Sambo Dasuki, Yohanna Madaki and Dangiwa Umar. We know that the majors effected the arrest after watching the 9pm NTA news with the general. The General was not handcuffed but a gun (or guns) was pointed at him. The point of argument is whether all four majors brought out their guns or whether it was just one of them that pointed his gun at General Buhari. It is pertinent to note that at the point of his arrest, Buhari knew that his Chief-protectors Col. Sabo Aliyu (the Commander, Brigade of Guards) and Major Mustapha Haruna Jokolo (his ADC and later the Emir of Gwandu) had been arrested at the Lagos Garrison Command Ikeja. Hence, he couldn't have resisted arrest.
Re: 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) by TzuClausewitz: 1:54pm On Aug 09, 2015
ayobase:
He carried out order by Buhari during Shagari's, and he carried out order by IBB during Buhari's.

He must have retired before August to avoid carrying out orders by 'whoever' during IBB's.

He must be very good at his job.
A lover of football is always tactical.

Buhari never gave any order during the 31 December 1983 coup. The masterminds of the coup were Major General Babangida (the Director of Army Staff Duties and Plans and de facto deputy of the then Chief of Army Staff General Inua Wushishi)and Brigadier Ibrahim Bako (who in fact was on ground alongside Lt. Col Tunde Ogbeha to arrest President Shagari).
Re: 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) by supereagle(m): 9:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
He was handcuffed. I saw it in the news paper then. He tied behind.
Re: 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:15pm On Aug 09, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
Hmm. This man get liver sha! And he's still narrating the story with so much relish.

Anyway, baba overthrew somebody and somebody else upstaged him. Dog eat dog!

No hard feelings, it was the practice at the time. They should now give our democracy time to grow.

No more silly coup detats

Do you fools read or you just skim through? Didn't you see where he was insinuating that he and his gang were the ones that put Buhari in power, a statement which is consistent with what IBB, Abacha have been saying for decades?
Re: 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:15pm On Aug 09, 2015
rottennaija:

Go and learn the history very well. He was not part of the coup, he didn't upstaged anyone, he wasn't even there when it happened. The military on brought him because of his international reputation. But when he started showing them that he was against their nonsense, they brought him down

I don't know why these kids are too stu>pid to read these days.
Re: 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) by rottennaija(m): 10:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:

I don't know why these kids are too stu>pid to read these days.
"ISpiksDaTroof" that the real definition of stvpidity
Re: 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
rottennaija:

"ISpiksDaTroof" that the real definition of stvpidity

Sir, I was actually agreeing with you.
Re: 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) by malikisah: 2:52am On Aug 11, 2015
sluk:

like your father right? NA I'm be your grandfather now! E dey under bridge dey craze!
Re: 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) by malikisah: 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
sluk:

like your father right?
no , like your awol father
Re: 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) by sluk(m): 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2015
malikisah:
no , like your awol father

Why cant u pretend to be sane @least for a short while? am still searching 4 ur drugs
Re: 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) by malikisah: 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
sluk:

Why cant u pretend to be sane @least for a short while? am still searching 4 ur drugs
thanks for that. But I hear the craze in your family no get cure! Bad news for u
Re: 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) by sluk(m): 6:34am On Aug 13, 2015
malikisah:
thanks for that. But I hear the craze in your family no get cure! Bad news for u

Sori i cant find ur drugs, that means unlimited madness 4 u.
Re: 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) by malikisah: 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2015
sluk:

Sori i cant find ur drugs, that means unlimited madness 4 u.
he he he he
E still dey pain una
Re: 1985 Coup: How I Led Soldiers To Pick Up Buhari – Col. A. Aminu (rtd) by priyavarrier: 8:01pm On Feb 12, 2018
You can download free software from http://www.fileihippo.com this site.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Will Soon Render Osinbajo, Tinubu's Loyalists In APC Impotent- Ozekhome / Navy Burns Illegal Bunkering Site In Port Harcourt As Black Soot Takes Over / Dino Melaye Builds Two Schools For His Constituency (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.