Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:03 AM

How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo (14173 Views)

It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole / RUMBLINGS FROM THE Creek...and Gentle Whispers Of True Leaders By Ena Ofugara / Igbos Were Actually Described As Practising Jews. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Ezemust: 8:53am On Aug 09, 2015
lygn19:
(1) those comments were made, just as every other arguments are made and countered in every House of Assembly, I am not sure they were ever passed into Law.
(2) no offense I am from Igbo, from imo state to be precise, but how come off all d Nigerian tribes only us were singled out? The question to ask is is der sth wrong with us?
(3) this above has nothing to do with the war, I blame Ojukwu for it.
(4) the north has the interest of its people at heart before anybody whether one Nigeria or not, same with what would attain in igbo land if the reverse was the case. So I don't see any thing wrong with those comment.
(5) northerners choose ur words rightly and wisely, u never can know what tomorrow would bring.
u are an IDIO.T and ur state is FOOLIS.HNESS

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Mckennedy: 9:00am On Aug 09, 2015
zeestunner:
Ena ofugara should stop being a hypocrite. The northerners have a right to determine how they want there region run. Its their land its their government. We should remember that at that time we had regional governments resources then belong to the regions not like now. Nobody would want to be dorminated by another in his territory. Where there northerners in the eastern civil service? Nobody should use education as an excuse. ahmadu bello was rite if u give them an inch they would want to claim everyting lagos is an example. Its only fair everybody protect his or her interest.

nice write up,,,please don't come here to complain when ever Biafra is mentioned because they are fighting for what rightfully belong to them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 09, 2015
damosthottest:

My people were being killed in thousands in the north, an agreement was reached in Aburi to halt the killings, your nothern president gowon refused to implement the agreement and the killings of my people continued.

Ojukwu then declared Biafra, he didn't declare war.

Gowon invaded Biafraland and Biafrans have to defend their selves. Infact Biafra defeated them before the greedy British supplied Nigeria with weapon and aid, plus blockade by Nigerian goverment.

You people are ignorant who refused to acknowledge the truth.
The war wasn't necessary, Ojukwu knew he didn't hv d capacity to engage Nigeria in the war, y continue.
D only reasons y Biafran troops defeated Nigerian soldiers in the earlier stages of d war was because the Nigerian side was treating them with kids glove.
If I am a man and my family is about to get attacked if I don't beg one of my attackers, and I know d odds are against me, I wud beg so much, even reaching d ground.
Watching all the Biafran war videos pained me, not because of d ppl dieing but because it cud hv been avoided.

5 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Icon4s(m): 9:03am On Aug 09, 2015
lygn19:

Dat war cud have been avoided.
If Ojukwu had let down his guard and submitted to the federal govt, he had a bloated ego and he used the gullible igbos as pawns. He knew all odds were against him instead of him to stand down he went on with the war.
I ve watched dozens of Biafran documentary, there was even a time that the Biafran southeastern region of Cross Rivers were been attacked by the Nigeria forces by water and air bombardment by I think Adekunle, after they defeated them the Biafrans retreated inwards, they reached a point that they were expecting backup. The backup never came because the people that were suppose to come to defend dem had given there weapons to the battalion battling one force at Onitsha, imagine d rubbish.
D general in charge sent ojukwu a letter dat him and his army were going to take d supreme sacrifice and they all did.
Ojukwu knew he wasn't prepared, y waste d lives of the innocent to proove a senseless point.

Igbos were nt wanted in Nigeria anymore. Aburi was d last chance and d accord reached at Aburi was broken by Gowon after he tendered it before his northern elders. U expected Ojukwu hu was d governor of d Eastern Region to keep calm and ask his pple to go abt their normal businesses?

U said u watched documentaries. Probably those done or edited by the British or Nigerians.

For the records, it was d Eastern perliament that mandated Ojukwu to pull out of thé Nigéria federation and form a sovereign state of Biafra.Ojukwu had d backing of the pple of the Eastern region.

The only regret was he was nt prepared for a war.His troops lacked weapons expecially at d early stage which was y Biafra lost its Northern, Eastern and Southern fringes so early in d war.

My father - a commander that came face to face with Benjamin Adekunle's troop at Azumini battle front which was d boundary of Igbo territory told me how poorly armed they were bt d share zeal, determination & trickery of his boys saw tgem resist d advancement of Adekunle and his boys for some time.

Ojukwu did nt brain wash anybody.The Igbos were determined to fight that war to d last. Have u seen that interview of dat beautiful young maiden during d civil war on youtube? She exhibited d Biafra spirit: "fight with our last blood".

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 9:08am On Aug 09, 2015
lygn19:

The war wasn't necessary, Ojukwu knew he didn't hv d capacity to engage Nigeria in the war, y continue.
D only reasons y Biafran troops defeated Nigerian soldiers in the earlier stages of d war was because the Nigerian side was treating them with kids glove.
If I am a man and my family is about to get attacked if I don't beg one of my attackers, and I know d odds are against me, I wud beg so much, even reaching d ground.
Watching all the Biafran war videos pained me, not because of d ppl dieing but because it cud hv been avoided.

Shut up!! Every monkey and Baboon want to give account of what happened during the war.

If not western countries, British and Russia in particular who supplied ammunitions and helped them, Nigerian wouldn't be existing by now. Nigeria had nothing, the biafrans were using their locally made weapons and held them for 3 years despite their foreign aids

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 09, 2015
damosthottest:

It's like you have mixed blood, which side are you?

You blame ojukwu, did Ojukwu declare war or did he declare Biafra?

Who invaded Biafraland before Biafra carried arm to defend themselves.

You people need to be taught. Ask an elderly man in your place what happened if truly you are an Igbo.
OK igbos got killed in d north.
D question to be asked was y?
And d answer wud tell u it was our fault.
D New regime is in place and Ojukwu is angry that he shud be d one ontop, since he is a much senior officer to Gowon.
D list goes on, even when they went to Aburi and the agreement wasn't implemented, a sensible man dat knows he is about engaging in a battle without weapons wud keep looking for the most peaceful way to settle disputes, but he cudnt see.

4 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Mckennedy: 9:10am On Aug 09, 2015
lygn19:

Dat war cud have been avoided.
If Ojukwu had let down his guard and submitted to the federal govt, he had a bloated ego and he used the gullible igbos as pawns. He knew all odds were against him instead of him to stand down he went on with the war.
I ve watched dozens of Biafran documentary, there was even a time that the Biafran southeastern region of Cross Rivers were been attacked by the Nigeria forces by water and air bombardment by I think Adekunle, after they defeated them the Biafrans retreated inwards, they reached a point that they were expecting backup. The backup never came because the people that were suppose to come to defend dem had given there weapons to the battalion battling one force at Onitsha, imagine d rubbish.
D general in charge sent ojukwu a letter dat him and his army were going to take d supreme sacrifice and they all did.
Ojukwu knew he wasn't prepared, y waste d lives of the innocent to proove a senseless point.

was there Aburi agreement
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Sealeddeal(m): 9:10am On Aug 09, 2015
lygn19:
(1) those comments were made, just as every other arguments are made and countered in every House of Assembly, I am not sure they were ever passed into Law.
(2) no offense I am from Igbo, from imo state to be precise, but how come off all d Nigerian tribes only us were singled out? The question to ask is is der sth wrong with us?
(3) this above has nothing to do with the war, I blame Ojukwu for it.
The reasons,why Igbos were singled out, are because Igbos are creative,they know how to make money and they are holding offices which northerners,due to illeteracy could,not man. Members of Northern house of assembly made it clear.
And By the way,You are not an Igbo man.

10 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 09, 2015
Ezemust:
u are an IDIOT and ur state is FOOLISHNESS
I can't curse a fellow Igbo, if u were Eurober or Edo, by now one of us wud hv reached either heaven or hell so continue.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Icon4s(m): 9:11am On Aug 09, 2015
lygn19:

My friend the guy u quoted to make this ur comment made so much sense. I see cowardice in u. Sorry u cannot defend ur family when d need arises.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Icon4s(m): 9:13am On Aug 09, 2015
Mckennedy:

was there Aburi agreement

What? shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 9:14am On Aug 09, 2015
lygn19:

D New regime is in place and Ojukwu is angry that he shud be d one ontop, since he is a much senior officer to Gowon.
D list goes on, even when they went to Aburi and the agreement wasn't implemented, a sensible man dat knows he is about engaging in a battle without weapons wud keep looking for the most peaceful way to settle disputes, but he cudnt see.

I SAID IT, YOU ARE A HAUSA, SAME AS YOUR GOVERNOR OKOROHAUSA.

THE KILLNG OF THE IGBOS IN THE NORTH STARTED IN 1940s.

YOU REALLY NEED TO BE TAUGHT

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 09, 2015
damosthottest:

The hatred of the hausa/ fulani towards the Igbos is in their gene and the fact that Igbos are naturally gifted, talented, creative, hard working and Christians, has made it incurable.

We have to tell ourselves the truth, they have showed us in many ways that it's impossible to Cohabit with different tribes and different ideologies. Is the Igbos that don't want to learn.

Biafra restoration is important, infact it's compulsory. That's the only way you will enjoy your freedom and give hope to the future generations.

Biafra is not negotiable.
Biafra is alive in our minds.
Biafra is sure to come.

Biafra! Oh Biafra!
The dewelling place of God.
The land of the rising sun.

It doesn't matter what anybody thinks now. Ab initio, we know we are only needed in d zoo but not wanted. Freedom from allowing them to determine our destiny is all we seek.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 09, 2015
damosthottest:

Shut up!! Every monkey and Baboon want to give account of what happened during the war.

If not western countries, British and Russia in particular who supplied ammunitions and helped them, Nigerian wouldn't be existing by now. Nigeria had nothing, the biafrans were using their locally made weapons and held them for 3 years despite their foreign aids
I know dat, if Biafrans and Nigerians was at leveled ground in d war, leveled ground asin same weapons, same supplies, same support, after analyzing the war, d Biafran soldiers wud hv dealth with the Nigerian soldiers, but since it never happened, I still say that war was useless.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 09, 2015
Icon4s:

Igbos were nt wanted in Nigeria anymore. Aburi was d last chance and d accord reached at Aburi was broken by Gowon after he tendered it before his northern elders. U expected Ojukwu hu was d governor of d Eastern Region to keep calm and ask his pple to go abt their normal businesses?

U said u watched documentaries. Probably those done or edited by the British or Nigerians.

For the records, it was d Eastern perliament that mandated Ojukwu to pull out of thé Nigéria federation and form a sovereign state of Biafra.Ojukwu had d backing of the pple of the Eastern region.

The only regret was he was nt prepared for a war.His troops lacked weapons expecially at d early stage which was y Biafra lost its Northern, Eastern and Southern fringes so early in d war.

My father - a commander that came face to face with Benjamin Adekunle's troop at Azumini battle front which was d boundary of Igbo territory told me how poorly armed they were bt d share zeal, determination & trickery of his boys saw tgem resist d advancement of Adekunle and his boys for some time.

Ojukwu did nt brain wash anybody.The Igbos were determined to fight that war to d last. Have u seen that interview of dat beautiful young maiden during d civil war on youtube? She exhibited d Biafra spirit: "fight with our last blood".
U don't get d point.
U just dont.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 09, 2015
Icon4s:

My friend the guy u quoted to make this ur comment made so much sense. I see cowardice in u. Sorry u cannot defend ur family when d need arises.
I can't stand and watch a member of my family die over sth I can change.
I wud die before watching any of my family member go.
Ojukwu didn't share same views, Hitler who led d Germans to war, when the war got tough and he was loosing he drank poison and requested that his body be burnt.
Ojukwu who said he wud fight to the last drop left us to our fates while he and his family fled, it's quite funny.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Icon4s(m): 9:20am On Aug 09, 2015
lygn19:

I is very obvious that either one of ur parents is Yoruba or u grew up and got educated in Yoruba land.

5 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Mckennedy: 9:21am On Aug 09, 2015
Icon4s:

What? shocked shocked shocked

that's to say u know nothing about the civil war,,,you're just typing.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Icon4s(m): 9:22am On Aug 09, 2015
lygn19:

I can't stand and watch a member of my family die over sth I can change.
I wud die before watching any of my fault member go.

U will die first because u are a coward. U will die of fear even before any attack.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by SOUNDKING: 9:23am On Aug 09, 2015
Icon4s:
This is jst a tip of d iceberge compared to what happened in 1966. My dad lost all his property in Kaduna where he worked then. The genocide was so intense that he trecked from Kaduna to Nsukka hiding in bushes during d day and walking at night.

I personelly believe the north is reaping from what dey sowed in d form of Boko Haram. I have no pitty for them at all.

And to those Igbos calling for Biafra in this 2015 u can see that there is no justifiable reason as at now for any government to grant us Biafra. We are nt under any form of torment or attack compared to what happened 1964-67.
Our fathers and grandfathers had paid d price for our survival as an Igbo race.Let them not observe from d great beyond how their children and grand children will suffer what dey suffered. They paid d expensive price so lets live in peace with our Nigerian neighbours
you are over myopic,,,,,,incase you meant what you typed,you are very wrong,is it in1966 that the Oba of lagos threatened the Igbos? Even their useless Doctor did the same,have you heard any well meaning yoruba condemn what they said?don't enslave your generation unborn because of one selfish intrest,if they have their way they will still do the worst to us.

6 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Icon4s(m): 9:25am On Aug 09, 2015
Mckennedy:

that's to say u know nothing about the civil war,,,you're just typing.

Ok. U that know everything abt d Civil war what was ur point when u asked "was there any Aburi agreement"?
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 09, 2015
Icon4s:

I is very obvious that either one of ur parents is Yoruba or u grew up and got educated in Yoruba land.
I ve only stepped foot in Yorubaland once, it's because of some personal reasons nit dat I was treated unjustly der dat I said if siting whatever business in igbo land wud give me 50% profit, let me keep it der dan sight it in a place that I wud get 100percent profit and get insulted years later.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Icon4s(m): 9:29am On Aug 09, 2015
SOUNDKING:
you are over myopic,,,,,,incase you meant what you typed,you are very wrong,is it in1966 that the Oba of lagos threatened the Igbos? Even their useless Doctor did the same,have you heard any well meaning yoruba condemn what they said?don't enslave your generation unborn because of one selfish intrest,if they have their way they will still do the worst to us.

So because Oba of Lagos threatened u u want to go and form Biafra. grin
Has any Yoruba man raised a single finger on u bc of d Oba's threat?

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 09, 2015
damosthottest:

I SAID IT, YOU ARE A HAUSA, SAME AS YOUR GOVERNOR OKOROHAUSA.

THE KILLNG OF THE IGBOS IN THE NORTH STARTED IN 1940s.

YOU REALLY NEED TO BE TAUGHT
Yeah I know dat, y didn't igbos secede since 1940 when dat wud hv been a better chance and opportunity, while wait till 1966 when they knew what they had done.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 9:34am On Aug 09, 2015
lygn19:

Yeah I know dat, y didn't igbos secede since 1940 when dat wud hv been a better chance and opportunity, while wait till 1966 when they knew what they had done.

You are not consistent in your comments. You are just confusing your self

6 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 9:36am On Aug 09, 2015
Icon4s:

Ok. U that know everything abt d Civil war what was ur point when u asked "was there any Aburi agreement"?

This is the link to the Aburi accord go and read it: http://www.africannewsdigest.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=557:biafra-the-aburi-accord&catid=84:africa
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by vayne(m): 9:37am On Aug 09, 2015
zeestunner:
Ena ofugara should stop being a hypocrite. The northerners have a right to determine how they want there region run. Its their land its their government. We should remember that at that time we had regional governments resources then belong to the regions not like now. Nobody would want to be dorminated by another in his territory. Where there northerners in the eastern civil service? Nobody should use education as an excuse. ahmadu bello was rite if u give them an inch they would want to claim everyting lagos is an example. Its only fair everybody protect his or her interest.
oh please shut it already,what do you mean by "its thier land and they have a right as to how its controlled",
then why are the niger-deltans not allowed to control thier oil and lands?
what then is ONE-NIGERIA?

Let me tell you,take or leave it,hate it or love it,
WE,THE IGBOS WILL KEEP BUYING AND BUILDING WHEN AND WHEREVER WE DEEM IT FIT IN ONE-NIGERIA.
Be it lagos,kano,oba of lagos's palace,emir of sokoto's palace.
If you don't like conduct a referandum.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by illiad: 9:39am On Aug 09, 2015
K
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Icon4s(m): 9:41am On Aug 09, 2015
damosthottest:

This is the link to the Aburi accord go and read it: http://www.africannewsdigest.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=557:biafra-the-aburi-accord&catid=84:africa

Hmmm Mr Man that knows everything abt the civil war.So u can't even give a simple summary of what d Aburi accord was. U are giving me a link.Abeg i dnt have ur time.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 09, 2015
It's just painful to some of us with mixed heritage.
Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 09, 2015
Igbos we are doing the wrong thing carrying on with this Biafra;
It's as a result of this Biafra and it's agitation dat the Nigerian govt and other Nigerians suspect us.
We can't be agitating for Biafra and be saying we want to produce president. Other Nigerians wud be suspicious of us because they would think if they give us the Presidency we wud use it as a plot to finally get our Biafra.
The Nigerian govt the highest investment the Fg has in our region is just few roads, bridges and universities.
They can't site a huge capital investment like a refinery, or steel complex, etc, because they fear that putting it der with our Biafran tendency wud be a risk ti there future so they prefer to sight it somewhere else.
Igbos we shud be smart.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo by damosthottest: 9:45am On Aug 09, 2015
Icon4s:

Hmmm Mr Man that knows everything abt the civil war.So u can't even give a simple summary of what d Aburi accord was. U are giving me a link.Abeg i dnt have ur time.

slowpoke, were you not the one doubting the existence of Aburi accord after a part of it was mentioned in this thread? Now I've given you a link to confirm it and you still complain.

You people are derailed, that's the reason Biafra has to come quickly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Reno Omokri And FFK Shall Remain Scattered Till Nigeria Is Free"- Otunba Biodun / There's No Legal Or Constitutional Basis For Saraki To Resign - Mike Ozekhome / Kwankwaso Presents Policy Document (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.