Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,714 members, 7,805,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

When God Doesn't Make Sense. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When God Doesn't Make Sense. (2476 Views)

God Doesn't Make Sense! / Abel Damina Warns Against Seed Sowing: God Doesn't Multiply Money, Hardwork Does / £100 To Any Christian Who Can Prove The Hindu God Doesn't Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Adunbi70(m): 7:42am On Aug 09, 2015
STRONGMEAT:- When God Doesn't Make Sense. 2

Have you ever read through the whole book of Job? Absolutely poetic and most didactic. It's easy and popular to condemn Job the major persona. Haven't we all preached on the fact that Job's trials came because he feared? Alright. But wait until you wear his shoes.

But honestly, some times the Lord's actions and inactions do not always make much sense to humans. He sometimes lures us into the dark where we grope and search for him; his paths and acts to no avail.

John the Baptist was also a victim of this divine play. Having baptized the Lord, and now chased by the clawed hands of Herod, he felt he deserved an unusual treat from Jesus. And say what? They were cousins!
But Jesus "forgot" his paddy and Baptizer in the prison hole! It was too much for John and so, he doubted the person and the messianic ministry of Jesus, his Lord.

John like many of us was unaware that God had a destination in mind when he enrolled us into this Order— Death. God wants to "kill" us, he wants you dead! He said, "except a grain of wheat dies, he abides alone", "If you lose your live, you ll gain it". These are tough words. They are sign posts to Golgotha, and the path therein is strewn with broken bottles.
Look, until we die to our ambitions, self and our fears, focusing only on the Lord's purposes, plans and timings, we position ourselves for a bout with the Lord. And has anyone ever won him?

Job lost all. His kids, business and health. He ranted and raved against everyone and the Almighty for 30 chapters after his knock out by Satan. God allowed him to have his conference. But Job ultimately learnt what God would have you and I learn now. That is, God as the El Shaddai, is permitted to do anything and anyhow with us. Aren't we the sheep of his pasture? We are however allowed to take advantage of his deep mercies and unfailing graces, trusting in his wisdom and uncommon love, even when his acts and ways make no sense nor good meanings to us.

Jesus refused to act the Bat Man to rescue John. Rather, he proved his faithfulness by performing great miracles before he sent a snicker to John.
Lesson. God would not allow you to have the last laugh in this contest. Remember, though Jacob won the night duel at Peniel, he limped until his death! In some cases and situations of life, the Lord would preferred us to be "like a rose trampled on the ground", so that the scents from the crushed buds would give him glories that would be eternal.

Do I teach that God is evil or wicked? No brethren, but I say, God is supreme. he does as he likes. God has taken loved ones away from people abruptly without prior information. Spouses, kids, parents have been called home to the pains of the bereaved. Jobs have been lost and businesses have been shut, believe me, sometimes the demolishing crew are supervised by the Lord of Glory himself. Oh I can hear some Pentecostalists saying God does nothing of such, only the Devil. But sir, who delivered up Jesus?

Our God is mysterious. Our Lord has depths that no General Overseer nor Pope can completely fathom. However we have these comforts — He is with us; He loves us; We shall overcome. And of course, there is an eternity where we shall ask him questions he wouldn't even answer NOW.

Job spoke foolishly, John doubted and insulted him, yet He stood firmly with the two. He restored Job's losses in multi folds and immortalized John's memory by placing him above all that were born earlier. Praise his faithfulness.

FINALLY:- Sometimes all our lips are permitted by heaven to utter are "Lord give me more grace to follow, and show me more of your mercies".
During the period of our trials and troubles, we aren't the only one going through the testings. The word and integrity of God pass through the fire too contemporaneously. It may be dark, he may be tough on us, but his Word ain't going to fail.
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Eeser: 7:45am On Aug 09, 2015
K
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 09, 2015
I have just come to really understand what the bible means when it said that God does things and it's like foolishness to those who do not understand and believe

Have you tried reading the bible from an atheist perspective? Then you'll really understand what JESUS Christ means He said we have to be (believe) like children to make heaven

2 Likes

Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by davien(m): 9:52am On Aug 09, 2015
Thoniameek:
I have just come to really understand what the bible means when it said that God does things and it's like foolishness to those who do not understand and believe

Have you tried reading the bible from an atheist perspective? Then you'll really understand what JESUS Christ means He said we have to be (believe) like children to make heaven
Thoniameek, why would god want you to think like a kid,when kids are very gullible and easily misled?...won't this be the reason for the over 30,000 christian denominations all based on everyone's uncritical view of the bible,which an omniscient being should know would be the consequence of blind faith/belief without evidence?..(why take the nature of a scam? I.e believe blindly )

You don't need a degree to prove the bible doesn't make sense...just a good understanding of the natural world would do it(snakes can't talk, men don't walk on water, bats aren't birds, white cattle won't raise striped ones by mating near striped trees and two people aren't genetically varied enough to propagate 7 billion)....so why do you suppress the parts of your brain that guides logical thought for the bible and not the Koran?.....and why would a super smart being ask that you do so if it can validate itself?

These are questions that should spring up anytime you post things like this.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 09, 2015
davien:
Thoniameek, why would god want you to think like a kid,when kids are very gullible and easily misled?...won't this be the reason for the over 30,000 christian denominations all based on everyone's uncritical view of the bible,which an omniscient being should know would be the consequence of blind faith/belief.

You're so pained Davien, it shows on every written word up there, and how I wish you could channel all that energy into seeking God, you would have found by now,but as we both know why should you? If there was a god somewhere out there, shouldn't he reveal himself (as if he ever hid himself in the first place)

Have you ever spent you time with kids? The way the fight and make-up almost immediately, the sharing pattern? They're the most curious bunch. And you think they're just gullible, have you forgotten they ask the most questions? And when answer are not provided, they use their hearts more than their heads.

"Go to the ants and find wisdom". Davien go to little children and find the essence of life itself

1 Like

Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by davien(m): 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
Thoniameek:

You're so pained Davien, it shows on every written word up there, and how I wish you could channel all that energy into seeking God, you would have found by now,but as we both know why should you? If there was a god somewhere out there, shouldn't he reveal himself (as if he ever hid himself in the first place)
I don't see how asking you questions that reveal the inanity of your beliefs as a pained response.....

And believing something that doesn't make sense,nor even tries to, but encourages you to accept its warped worldview is cognitive dissonance and would lead to wrong conclusions, choices, actions, etc....what choices and actions would a person that believes in a reward/punishment scheme make as opposed to someone who values and evaluates his choices and actions emphatically?...who has a better understanding of right/wrong,is it the guy who says because x told me so or the guy who knows it's not a productive way to live and/or perform.

Have you ever spent you time with kids? The way the fight and make-up almost immediately, the sharing pattern? They're the most curious bunch. And you think they're just gullible, have you forgotten they ask the most questions? And when answer are not provided, they use their hearts more than their heads.
Kids being inquisitive doesn't change the fact that they feed on the information given to them without knowing if it's right or wrong.

"Go to the ants and find wisdom". Davien go to little children and find the essence of life itself
A child's behavior and actions is a sum total of his interaction with the environment, his peers, family and his perception of it all...so what would a kid who's been indoctrinated into any religion tell you apart from what he's been indoctrinated to?....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2015
davien:
I don't see how asking you questions that reveal the inanity of your beliefs as a pained response.....

And believing something that doesn't make sense not even tries to, but encourages you to accept its warped worldview is cognitive dissonance and would lead to wrong conclusions, choices, actions, etc....what choices and actions would a person that believes in a reward/punishment scheme make as opposed to someone who values and evaluates his choices and actions emphatically?...who has a better understanding of right/wrong,is it the guy who says because x told me so or the guy who knows it's not a productive way to live and/or perform.
Kids being inquisitive doesn't change the fact that they feed on the information given to them without knowing if it's right or wrong.
A child's behavior and actions is a sum total of his interaction with the environment, his peers, family and his perception of it all...so what would a kid who's been indoctrinated into any religion tell you apart from what he's been indoctrinated to?....

As usual logic and reason. Give your head a break

Use your heart more
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by herald9: 1:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
What was the bible trying to teach us with the story of Job.
Why would a loving father gamble with his son's life to the extent of wiping away his whole family just to prove a silly point and then replace them like some grains of rice?

Does he even understand what we go through even when we lost a dog? Doesn't it show that this god is damn insensitive and emotionless and doesn't give a shiiiit about our lives?

Maybe if he had consulted his 'sons' before making decisions, he wouldn't have ended up taking some. unintelligent actions.

He claimed to be wise, make his own decisions, relegate other chief angels to the background and carry out atrocities against his creations. Lucifer revolted, he learnt from his mistakes and sent Jesus...

The memoirs of a wise god.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
herald9:
What was the bible trying to teach us with the story of Job.
Why would a loving father gamble with his son's life to the extent of wiping away his whole family just to prove a silly point and then replace them like some grains of rice?

Does he even understand what we go through even when we lost a dog? Doesn't it show that this god is damn insensitive and emotionless and doesn't give a shiiiit about our lives?

Maybe if he had consulted his 'sons' before making decisions, he wouldn't have ended up taking some. unintelligent actions.

He claimed to be wise, make his own decisions, relegate other chief angels to the background and carry out atrocities against his creations. Lucifer revolted, he learnt from his mistakes and sent Jesus...

The memoirs of a wise god.

He wasn't gambling with job's life as you said, what went on between job and God, shows a father that is proud of his son

He understands what it is like to loose a dog because he's been loosing us to the devil for ages and on top of it all he gave his only begotten son to renew us. So, for a time there he even felt what it is to like to loose a son

When the bible said his ways are foolishness to men, it wasn't mistaken

Maybe if you took a little of your time to understand him you would see how unworthy you're, and not blame the situation of this world (that's has been our making from beginning) on a god you don't believe exist
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by herald9: 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
Thoniameek:

He wasn't gambling with job's life as you said, what went on between job and God, shows a father that is proud of his son

He understands what it is like to loose a dog because he's been loosing us to the devil for ages and on top of it all he gave his only begotten son to renew us. So, for a time there he even felt what it is to like to loose a son

When the bible said his ways are foolishness to men, it wasn't mistaken

Maybe if you took a little of your time to understand him you would see how unworthy you're, and not blame the situation of this world (that's has been our making from beginning) on a god you don't believe exist

I'm not blaming anybody, I was just writing from a believer's perspective for you to see how foolish all these bible stories are and doesn't showcase a wise god.

But your reply makes it more sillier. I'm not surprise though, you and your god reason alike.

One day when he uses your family to proof to Satan how faithful you are, maybe by then you'll wake up from your religious slumber.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
herald9:

I'm not blaming anybody, I was just writing from a believer's perspective for you to see how foolish all these bible stories are and doesn't showcase a wise god.

But your reply makes it more sillier. I'm not surprise though, you and your god reason alike.

One day when he uses your family to proof to Satan how faithful you are, maybe by then you'll wake up from your religious slumber.

He already did that, my whole life, past, present and future

I don't do religion, I follow Jesus Christ

Jesus>Religion
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by herald9: 2:49pm On Aug 09, 2015
Thoniameek:
Jesus>Religion
I know.
When you give your life to someone you don't really have a choice, do you?
Now run along slave, your master is waiting for you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2015
herald9:

I know.

When you give your life to someone you don't really have a choice, do you?

Now run along slave, your master is waiting for you.

How did you know shocked

He's my master and I am nothing but a servant, a slave forever at his service

It'll do you good to realise that you're slave to the wrong master, because those other masters can perish but my master won't.
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by herald9: 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
Thoniameek:

How did you know shocked

It'll do you good to realise that you're slave to the wrong master, because those other masters can perish but my master won't.
You don't get it. I'm a freeborn and can never be a slave.

Since you've condemned yourself to be a slave to a dead Jewish master in this 21st century , sorry we can't help you.

Its your type that makes us wonder whether Adam and Eve really took a bite off those apples.

You fricking naive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by plaetton: 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
Thoniameek:

As usual logic and reason. Give your head a break

Use your heart more

Epic!

Lol.
If god wanted us to use our hearts to think, then why did he give us a brain.

If God gave you a brain to think, surely you must feel an obligation to use it as the arbiter of reality.
Not so, my dear?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Rilwayne001: 4:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
OP, Change the topic to "When The Bible God Doesn't Make Sense"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by plaetton: 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2015
Thoniameek:

How did you know shocked

Lol.
She confesses of being a slave to Jesus. undecided
How truly pathetic.

Yes indeed, The Slaveship Jesus continues to sail in African Waters.
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
herald9:

You don't get it. I'm a freeborn and can never be a slave.

Since you've condemned yourself to be a slave to a dead Jewish master in this 21st century , sorry we can't help you.

Its your type that makes us wonder whether Adam and Eve really took a bite off those apples.

You fricking naive.

Are you really sure you're free smiley
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
She confesses of being a slave to Jesus. undecided
How truly pathetic.

Yes indeed, The Slaveship Jesus continues to sail in African Waters.

And my guess plaetton, you're not an African?

And if my guess is wrong then your forefathers thought you all you know right now, they passed down such knowledge you got right now to you?

Well, if not then you're just the same as me

I think you shouldn't begrudge me about what part of the whites man knowledge I choose to wallow in
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2015
plaetton:

Epic!

Lol.
If god wanted us to use our hearts to think, then why did he give us a brain.

If God gave you a brain to think, surely you must feel an obligation to use it as the arbiter of reality.
Not so, my dear?

"More" of the heart than the head
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by texanomaly(f): 4:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
Here you go...

Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by plaetton: 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
Thoniameek:

And my guess plaetton, you're not an African?

And if my guess is wrong then your forefathers thought you all you know right now, they passed down such knowledge you got right now to you?

Well, if not then you're just the same as me

I think you shouldn't begrudge me about what part of the whites man knowledge I choose to wallow in
My dear, you called yourself a slave to Jesus, not me.

I don't know what Jesus has taught you, but He left the world a worse place than he met it.

And Btw, there is no such thing as the white mans knowledge.

" Knowledge is universal, Love is Inviolate. " - plaetton.

3 Likes

Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
plaetton:

My dear, you called yourself a slave to Jesus, not me.

I don't know what Jesus has taught you, but He left the world a worse place than he met it.

And Btw, there is no such thing as the white mans knowledge.

" Knowledge is universal, Love is Inviolate. " - plaetton.

Deceive yourself
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by ymdo(m): 5:38pm On Aug 09, 2015
Rilwayne001:
OP, Change the topic to "When The Bible God Doesn't Make Sense"
The story of Job is in the Quran also. Stop opening your yanch to attacks
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Humblebloke(m): 6:43pm On Aug 09, 2015
Thoniameek:

Jesus>Religion

I'm a bit curious here.......

If you don't do religion..... How did you find out about the jew man
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
Humblebloke:

I'm a bit curious here.......

If you don't do religion..... How did you find out about the jew man

undecided undecided angry angry
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by mustymatic(m): 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2015
ymdo:
The story of Job is in the Quran also. Stop opening your yanch to attacks
Totally different.
even Jesus in today's Bible is different from Jesus in the Quran
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by ymdo(m): 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
mustymatic:

Totally different.
even Jesus in today's Bible is different from Jesus in the Quran
The differences in both scriptures is not what I'm concerned about. In fact, both scriptures have the same concept of Job (infliction of diseases, death of children etc.). So, when atheist attacks one, it can equally be applied to the other. Just a change of title will do.
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by Humblebloke(m): 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by toby2(m): 8:55am On Aug 11, 2015
a child always feel he/she is wiser than the elders, until he/she becomes an elder and realisation dawns on him. When you can't see beyond ur nose, all you do is whine and grumble, put blames on others to justify ur ignorance... Anyways, may God help you all...

1 Like

Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:03am On Aug 11, 2015
The topic should be when Jehovah doesnt make sense.
Re: When God Doesn't Make Sense. by dalaman: 1:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
The topic should be when Jehovah doesnt make sense.

But Jehova is God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christ's Existence Not Substantiated By Historical Evidence / Why Do Religions Deserve Respect? / Should The Baby Resulting From A Rape Be Aborted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.