Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,345 members, 7,808,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet (59452 Views)

#bbnaija: Viewers Regard Cee-c As The Strongest Female Housemate / Gruesome Zombie Scenes By Special Effects Artist. Viewers Discretion Adviced / Bbnaija: See How Viewers Voted For Nominated Housemates (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by chuksmarvin(m): 9:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
mymissingrib:
STREAMING LO SURE JU grin
Chief how do you stream live matches ..pls i need to as well
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by mymissingrib(m): 9:35pm On Aug 09, 2015
chuksmarvin:

Chief how do you stream live matches ..pls i need to as well
buzz me on whatsapp
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by Omeny: 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
Multi choice(dstv) and mtn has been milking Nigerians since 80s and nobody to come to our rescue!
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by Gbigbonnew: 9:41pm On Aug 09, 2015
@ lomprico yes I about heard of this service provider but unfortunately, they have no presence in Lagos. May be it is intentional. Tired of DSTV high subscription charge.
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by ColeworldMD(m): 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
modelmike7:
NBC is dragging this case for so long. Something must be done drastically to curb this madness from Multi Choice! We realy need a Nigeria company to come out and give them a fight, HiTV tried, but weren't given the necessary support by the then government in power.

Not really, HiTv was given support by Yar'Adua but he squandered the money hence he could not compete with DSTV for viewing rights the following year... The rest as they say.. Sadly though! Truth is we need more competitors, the monopoly and capitalism from DSTV is just too much! Aargh!!
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2015
Jlow2:
bro pls hw do i get dis ctl , hope it works in ebonyi state? help a broda pls just text or flash 07039804561

I dont know if it works in ebonyi state. But u can have their customer care line.

08038736388 (0803 TRENDTV), 08028736388 (0802 TRENDTV)
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by ColeworldMD(m): 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2015
charix:
I still don't understand the Nigerian craze for soccer. DSTV know the best way to pacify or force Nigerian subscribers to do things against their will is through viewership of soccer events.

I know alot of men who bought decoders only because of soccer matches and with this change I foresee them upgrading their bouqet option to premium service.

You prolly got it for African Magic too (which I despise) it's called passion, nothing personal! Don't fight the viewers, let's join hands against DSTV!
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by ColeworldMD(m): 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Startimes should bid for premier league matches too!

A bidding war, the highest bidder wins.. And I don't see StarTimes outbidding DSTV atleast not yet.. What we need is price regulation from NBC & Govt!

1 Like

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by ColeworldMD(m): 9:58pm On Aug 09, 2015
nehas:
I wonder y people complain when dy can easy switch to ctl..seeing is believing

Is Ctl in Abuja? I first saw it in Enugu

1 Like

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by georgee(m): 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2015
All of una wey dey shout CTL and metro.. How can u help us in Lagos.. I knw most eastern states dont depend on DSTV.. Its mostly Lagos and Abuja.. Can we get CTL and Metro in Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by sparkwil(m): 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
modelmike7:
NBC is dragging this case for so long. Something must be done drastically to curb this madness from Multi Choice! We realy need a Nigeria company to come out and give them a fight, HiTV tried, but weren't given the necessary support by the then government in power.
Well said. I hate d way SA companies hv been messing us up in this country beginning from mtn. This is hw gotv increased their monthly subscription for no sane reason. Can't wait for a Nigerian version of dstv
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by sparkwil(m): 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
sdindan:
Thank God for radio Biafra
They promised to broadcast it live.
grin
grin grin grin grin
This guy sha
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by olumide4christ: 11:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
prince3009:

Dunno if it will work in Lagos cos my friend bought and took his there to start a viable market with it but he did not get any reception. The signals were scrambled according to him. That was last year though. i don't know about now.

The decoder by the left is what i use.

The decoder by the right is my GOTv cos bae likes African Magic if not wetin wan join me with Dstv

I don't know why - Lagos seems to be so disadvantaged when it comes to satellite TV. In Abuja, my in-law uses ordinary MYTV decoder on which they pay N800 per month subscription to watch in addition to MYTV channels; all MBC channels and other free-to-air channels (JOYTV and the rest), which for you to get over here in Lagos, you will need between 1.8 -4.00 metre dish and expert installers to track and receive such channels.
I was really amazed. So unfortunate that we don't have that advantage here in Lagos.

As for me, I have been on DSTV Compact Plus for 4 years up till 6th of July, 2015 when I got tired of paying the new N9420 for subscription. I have ported to StarSat (Super Bouquet) last month for just N3600/month. They don't have EPL, LA LIGA, but who cares? How many hours in a day do I spend at home watching TV for me to pay N9420 or N13900/month for DSTV? Even a lot of times on weekends, I'm not at home to watch the EPL/LA LIGA because of church and other activities.

So for me, DSTV R.I.P. !!!

3 Likes

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by BecaciaBarbie(f): 11:26pm On Aug 09, 2015
Omololu007:
I don drop dstv tey tey,nah GOTV i dey use now.i wanna try tinubu coasat abi wetin dem dey call am.if am not satisfy wit it,am gonna port back to GOTV
Gotv is still under Dstv.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by Maximus85(m): 11:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
femi4:
English Premier League enthusiasts have been dealt blow after pay per view television broadcaster, Multichoice announced that the top flight matches would only be available to premium subscribers with effect from August 6, 2015.

The premium bouquet costs $81 but most Zimbabweans subscribe to cheaper bouquets, such as Access $11, Family $28, Compact $32 and Compact plus $55.

Multichoice said the EPL which used to be broadcast on Super Sport 3, Dstv Channel 223, which is also available to Compact and Compact Plus subscribers is moving to Super Sport 5, Dstv Channel 225, which would only be available to premium subscribers.

Dstv official was quoted saying “From this season onwards the drama of EPL will unfold on Super Sport 5, which will now be available on Dstv Channel 225 (previously on channel 205) from 6 August 2015 on the premium bouquet and will also be available in SD/HD,” Multichoice said in statement.

“SS5 will now become Africa’s new 24 hr. home of the EPL with up to three live matches on any given Saturday and Sunday. The flair of LaLiga will light up Super Sport 3, which is the home of all European and International football. The channel will become the go-to channel for all the Spanish football league action with up to three live matches on any given Saturday and Sunday.”

The latest development is likely to benefit sports bars, as EPL followers are likely to throng most joints on match days. The majority of EPL lovers will also miss magazine shows and live programming, which include PLTV kick off, Match day live, Fan Zone, Saturday/ Sunday review, Football today, Classic matches, Netbusters and match of the week, which were being aired on SS3.

Better known as the world of champions, Super Sport will continue to show Cup tournaments such as the UEFA Champions league and Europa League, FA Cup, Copa Del Rey, Germany Cup, Euro 2016 and international friendlies on SS3. SS3 will now broadcast magazine shows, LaLiga World and LaLiga highlights as well as preview shows and the football league show.

http://sportbrief.co.zw/2015/08/01/dstv-headbutts-soccer-viewers-moves-epl-to-premium-bouquet/

Cc lalasticlala

There's more to this than we know. They can't just be doing this without a backing from inside (naija)
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
ndidibabe:
Ode! A man with narrow scopes. You read online? Whalai, it's easy to know 'them'. You can't afford a home printer and A4 papers? Poor you!!
#smh ancient whoore. U don't even know the reasons y ppl do things. U can't just copy somedody's job online to a hard copy (if @ all u know what I'm saying). Its called 'Piracy' and its a crime. Moreover, I also have 'papers' that I read... Kai! Y I dey communicate with this retired ashiawo sef ? Nna mehn!!smallie...u are on ur own.

K in advance.
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by sbm060(m): 11:50pm On Aug 09, 2015
georgee:
They are crazy.. I am dumping their sorry asss this month end
go for arc tv
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by marvolio2000(m): 1:00am On Aug 10, 2015
ACTV is it. Been enjoying mine since my purchase of a satellite tv with 3 months of premium bouquet of 5,000 each with about 60 channels. Dstv go look bush, everyday I look at my dstv decoder and laugh always on steady Cctv news. That I still get free on my satellite tv. So if they want to even put off the Cctv they can. Can't remember when last I subscribed to dstv. They call me every month why I don't pay again.
Mad people.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by marvolio2000(m): 1:01am On Aug 10, 2015
Nigerians support ACTV is the best competitor to DSTV right now.
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by marvolio2000(m): 1:06am On Aug 10, 2015
http://actv.tv/packages/premium/

Check out Actv channels here guys.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by 14(m): 3:16am On Aug 10, 2015
So TV in Nigeria is something people cant do without. EPL is not even a Nigerian league, so all money you pay to dstv goes to England. support local soccer like south africans who dont give a damn about EPL. I have said this b4, Dstv is not a neccesity, if you cannot afford, stay away from it. Can you complain to ferari to drop their cars prices so that you can afford to buy them? NO, just as dstv, its luxury to be able to watch Dstv premium, but not a neccesity. if you feel its too expensive, just unsubscribe quietly.

5 Likes

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by MarieSucre(f): 3:36am On Aug 10, 2015
trigar12:
Till startimes improve their picture quality and buy exclusive rights to broadcast epl and champions league ... DSTV will keep doing sh.its
If Startimes win the bid to air EPL matches, trust me the bouquet rates will skyrocket. They will need to recuperate all the money used to bid. Ever wondered why HITV couldn't host it for much longer.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by Jlow2: 5:12am On Aug 10, 2015
vfactor:

I dont know if it works in ebonyi state. But u can have their customer care line.

08038736388 (0803 TRENDTV), 08028736388 (0802 TRENDTV)
tanks bro.
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by trigar12(m): 7:30am On Aug 10, 2015
MarieSucre:

If Startimes win the bid to air EPL matches, trust be the bouquet rates will skyrocket. They will need to recuperate all the money used to bid. Ever wondered why HITV couldn't host it for much longer.

Hitv rushed, they were after quick money ... Slow n steady wins the race. That's why I also feel startimes should take their time but that poor picture quality is wot pisses me off mostly

2 Likes

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by georgee(m): 7:39am On Aug 10, 2015
Hmmmmm..
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by soflygerian(m): 9:04am On Aug 10, 2015
Dstv.. Na wa oh.. Upon the #9k i they pay!! Oya they your lane.. Metro come to papa

1 Like

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by Vicktorray: 9:05am On Aug 10, 2015
How I wish Nigerians will agree to dump these idiots.... They know what they are doing.
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by tochstorm(m): 9:11am On Aug 10, 2015
star time has/have or shows epl now why don't you guys purchase star time.
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by Akadile: 9:11am On Aug 10, 2015
Thank you Lomprico for your information on Metrodigital for 3500. I'm sick & tired of DSTV & their Extortions. Guess I'm wiser now
Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by ndidibabe(f): 9:22am On Aug 10, 2015
shadowgwalker:
#smh ancient whoore. U don't even know the reasons y ppl do things. U can't just copy somedody's job online to a hard copy (if @ all u know what I'm saying). Its called 'Piracy' and its a crime. Moreover, I also have 'papers' that I read... Kai! Y I dey communicate with this retired ashiawo sef ? Nna mehn!!smallie...u are on ur own.

K in advance.
You are retarded! Just look at his definition of piracy. Did I tell you to reproduce for commercial purpose? Wannabe!! I said print that damn thing, read and shred instead of spoiling you frog here. In your usual childish manner, I expect you to edit this post. What a coward!!

1 Like

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by georgee(m): 9:35am On Aug 10, 2015
ndidibabe:
You are retarded! Just look at his definition of piracy. Did I tell you to reproduce for commercial purpose? Wannabe!! I said print that damn thing, read and shred instead of spoiling you frog here. In your usual childish manner, I expect you to edit this post. What a coward!!
Forget dt yeye guy and lets face ds DSTV fight together. D dude is an slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Dstv Headbutts Soccer Viewers, Moves EPL To Premium Bouquet by fibial: 9:59am On Aug 10, 2015
I follow up EPL with CTL and qsat(#150 recharge card monthly)...Though the commentary from CTL warrants you pressing the mute button.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fate Of Alakada: Mercy Eke Makes Acting Debut With Broda Shaggi, Toyin Abraham / Mawuli Gavor: Diane Walks Out On Housemates As Ebuka Calls Out Her Crush / 8 Nollywood Actors & What They Will Say When Their Wives Catch Them Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.