Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. (6225 Views)

Woman Who Underwent Surgery To Remove Huge Tumour, Shows Off Her Arm. Photos / Is Amputation Of Leg Or Arm The Last Option For You? Read About This Wound Gel. / Chinese Doctor Grows New Ear On Man's Arm To Restore His Hearing(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by brianromel(m): 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hi All

My name's Brian and i deal in Legs and Arms.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't sell the flesh and blood Limbs, I handle mostly artificial limbs and everything attached.
From

1.Advising Orthopedic Surgeon about prospective amputation cases
2.Talking to amputees on the way forward and what type of artificial limb to use.
3.Recommending artificial limbs fitting Center.
4.Advising Diabetic amputees what materials to use for wearing their artificial limbs(Prostheses)

The technology behind the making of artificial limbs or prostheses, has gone beyond the use of wood and wooden limbs.
Nigeria has finally began to catch up on new technologies. i.E Modular prostheses or limbs.

www.disabled-world.com/disabled/uploads/1/ottobock-leg-15.jpg

www.ottobock.com/cps/rde/xbcr/ob_com_en/img_prod_3r60ebs_rdax_85.jpg

See pictures attached

Aside from the National Orthopedic hospitals, there are now various centres around the country that handle the treatment and fitting of Artificial Limbs using these New technologies.

Over the course of time,i will show you what is being done. And how amputees who felt they had no hope, to return back to fruitful life. Are getting their life's and livelihoods back One Step At A Time.

So Follow my topic for more details as i update it.

[url]artificallimbsnigeria.[/url]

If your looking for sponsor or NGOs that can help provide you a new limb(Prostheses), Free of Charge.Do also follow, as i will be dropping their details and how to get in touch with them.

Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by ladyF(f): 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
Well done....
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by whugo(m): 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2015
Na lie you are not lady f
Where is the normal It is Lady F again grin
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2015
see how I rushed to open the thread thinking that you are a human parts dealer angry
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by ladyF(f): 11:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
Lol
I don't put the signature all the time.

For the hand own, are the fingers moveable? Just. Curious
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by brianromel(m): 9:18am On Aug 10, 2015
ladyF:
Lol
I don't put the signature all the time.

For the hand own, are the fingers moveable? Just. Curious

Hi LadyF

When it comes to upper extremities artificial limbs or prostheses. The types available range from

Cosmetic: This usually is just a look alike copy of the arm. usually a cosmetic glove or a silicone cover that can have features ranging from vague to hair follicles and skin pores look alike. But the hand won't have any funtional options(Grip, open palm, shake)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD35201DF2783F57B

Voluntary opening and closing: With this one will be able to open and close the fingers for gripping. the gripping is cable controlled and worked by a harnest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZzn6AnwH8k

Myo arm: this same as above but controlled by the patients nerve imposes. The patient just has to feel the arm closes and it does. But it takes time for patients to adapt and a MYO test needs to be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0XlaVgyJ8U

Bionic Arms: Same as above but there is individual finger control so the patient can do more with the arm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOgfuDrtZyc

hope this helps ask your question
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by brianromel(m): 12:05pm On Aug 10, 2015
Amputee Nigeria: The Story part 1

There is a lot that needs to be said about amputation and the plight of amputees in Nigeria, but most times the basics are left unsaid. How does one become an amputee, if asked this most people will say it comes about by the loss of a limb be it an arm or leg or both through accidents.
We tend to overlook the story of how someone came to be without a limb, and what can be done to help such a person live a fulfilled life. We forget that they just went through a painful procedure and are reminded about the trauma of the procedure, every time they look at what they have lost. It was not easy for the individual, some of them come out of it stronger, and some come out of it scarred for life, others…..
What is it all about, is there hope for these people. The answer is, yes.

One just needs to look at countless cases online of people with disabilities or amputations leading a normal life.

You might say but that the US, Britain, China and some other developed countries of the world. Yes true, there things are made more easy for them. But in all, let’s consider that the process remains the same. The lost something and are constantly reminded of it when they look at it.

The key for them was that they understood what they lost and learnt ways to continue living with it and enjoy a full live. Make no mistake here, The LEARNT ways to continue living. For this is what must always be done. You learn new ways to live.

Like someone who lost his house to a storm or fire, he/she must adapt and find a way.
Like when we lose a loved one so key to the family structure, be it the head of a house or the bread winner. The family must adapt to new ways to live and grow into something better.

The human being was built with adaptation in Mind, case in point.
Put an eye patch on and wear it for 6 months, the other eye will adapt to the situation almost immediately.
When you break a wrist or your writing arm and it’s put in a sling or cast. You will learn how to write with the other hand.
We can always adapt to any situation in our daily lives. What holds us back is the trauma of the amputation or the disability.

The procedure in developed countries for any amputation case is, Once the amputation is don’t the patient is required to meet with a psychiatrist during the period of healing to aid in overcoming the trauma, of course here in Nigeria, it’s the friends and family that filling in that gap. Although now a days the service can be acquire.

A lot is now possible in Nigeria for the amputee and people living with disabilities. The problem still remains that the trauma of their ordeal usually is a big issue coupled with a general lack of information that should be readily available to help people make better choices and decisions.

https://artificallimbsnigeria./2015/07/15/solution-alert-for-amputees-in-nigeria-pt-1-2/
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by ladyF(f): 2:59pm On Aug 10, 2015
Wow wow wow, the video with the toothpaste and toothbrush description is impressive, had my mouth open while watching it....
Technology has really evolved.

Didn't think ull b able to control the fingers.... shocked
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by brianromel(m): 3:37pm On Aug 10, 2015
ladyF:
Wow wow wow, the video with the toothpaste and toothbrush description is impressive, had my mouth open while watching it....
Technology has really evolved.

Didn't think ull b able to control the fingers.... shocked

Thats a fairly recent developing in the prosthetic and orthotic world.

The world is gradually moving to replace the use of voluntary and passive prostheses with Myo and Bionic prosthese for upper extremities(hands and elbow amputees).

The lower extremities(Leg, knee, ankle amputees) is still in the process of catching up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CMf6mBsukA

As you can see its catching up pretty quickly.
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by brianromel(m): 9:29am On Aug 11, 2015
Good morning Nigeria
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by koreskbv(m): 11:17am On Oct 06, 2015
Serious help needed. I have a friend whose mother's leg has been recommended for amputation, but due to financial constraints they have not been able to do it, this woman is in serious pain she hardly sleeps. Any help from an n.g.o that can help in the amputation/artificial limbs or prostheses will be highly appreciated. thanks.
my G.S.M 09050715409
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by oxypress: 12:32pm On Oct 06, 2015
koreskbv:
Serious help needed. I have a friend whose mother's leg has been recommended for amputation, but due to financial constraints they have not been able to do it, this woman is in serious pain she hardly sleeps. Any help from an n.g.o that can help in the amputation/artificial limbs or prostheses will be highly appreciated. thanks.
my G.S.M 09050715409

When blood supply to a wound is insufficient the wound will never heal because it lacks oxygen and nutrients. Instead, it continues to expand and degenerate. Therefore, among other measures taken for wound to heal, the wound must receive enough blood supply and oxygen.

There is no safer and more cost effective way of doing this without the use of hyperbaric oxygen therapy (hbot).

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy saves patients from amputations in 75% of cases. This means some amputations can be avoided.

HBOT Providers in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Ph: 08033409039; email: oxybreeze@yahoo.com
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by brianromel(m): 4:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
koreskbv:
my G.S.M 09050715409

Hi Koreskby

I have to ask if the lady is diabetic. If she is then that recommedation is valid.

For a prosthesis there are two NGO's that can help with a prosthesis

Standingwithhope is one of them, but they are in Ghana and the us. You can have your friend write to them

Team Membe is another, they work for bomb blast victims and have been a big help.

You can google their names and get their details to the lady.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by doriso: 2:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hi pls I need artificial hand for my sis inlaw. My number is ‭+234 708 960 8386‬
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by brianromel(m): 5:51pm On Mar 20, 2016
doriso:
Hi pls I need artificial hand for my sis inlaw. My number is ‭+234 708 960 8386‬

Hi Doriso

Is it the price of the arm or the actual arm itself.

This is my number please give me a call 07035803388 so I can find out more.
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by brianromel(m): 11:18am On Jul 20, 2016
Hi All
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by ladyP30(f): 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2018
hello I want to make inquiry pls I need this for my brother in law how much for the leg
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by Ritasnr(f): 1:11am On Apr 03, 2020
I need artificial toes for my Dad
My WhatsApp no 08093006274
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by EbenezerTriumph: 10:37am On Jul 04, 2020
Ritasnr:
I need artificial toes for my Dad
My WhatsApp no 08093006274
hi nice dp you got there cool
I'm Ebenezer Chukwu.
Kindly check your email I dropped a message kiss
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by OgbeniDayo: 10:39am On Jul 04, 2020
EbenezerTriumph:
hi nice dp you got there cool
I'm Ebenezer Chukwu.
Kindly check your email I dropped a message kiss
mynd44 lalasticlala seun oam4j
rule 19
Ebenezer2O2O Ebenezar2020 Ebenezer2021 Ebenezer202O MrCanceller deadlyterrorist etc
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by EbenezerTriumph: 10:44am On Jul 04, 2020
OgbeniDayo:
myn.d44 lalastic.lala se.un oa.m4j
rule 19 .
Ebenezer2O2O Ebenezar2020 Ebenezer2021 Ebenezer202O MrCanceller deadlyterrorist etc
so anybody bearing any Ebenezer moniker would be banned by the mods because a certain person bears it?
some people are so dumb on this forum.
Please get off my mentions please cos I don't know you.
Re: Ask Me About How To Get A Leg Or Arm In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2020
OgbeniDayo:
[s]mnd44 lalasticlal seuun oam4j
rule 19
Ebenezer2O2O Ebenezar2020 Ebenezer2021 Ebenezer202O MrCanceller deadlyterrorist etc [/s]
stop being a nuisance you eziokpoidiotamumuranko!

(1) (Reply)

FG Tasks Optometrists To Reduce Rate Of Avoidable Blindness / Where Can I Get Isotretinoin In Nigeria(e.g Accutane) / Is Being Gay Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.