Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,289 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:47 AM

First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. - Education (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. (89965 Views)

I Lost My First Bank Atm Card How Do I Block It, Via Text Or Online / SAT Change Of Subject Question Some American Students Could Not Solve / See This Equation That Leads To Merry Xmas (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Handsome4real(m): 3:36am On Aug 12, 2015
kingsley3218:
so wright
You are wrong. It can never be 18. The right answer is 12. Kindly relearn bodmas properly.

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by mathefaro(m): 3:42am On Aug 12, 2015
LWKMD4HO! I can't help but laugh at some analysis here. Jeez!
xenten:
T
I can the reason 61% of candidates failed the last WASC. BODMAS means u solve any arithmetic problem by following this sequence: brackets Of division multiplication addition subtraction.
The problem is 3+ 3*3 - 3+3.
To solve this using BODMAS the O is also multiplication. Since there are no brackets, Resolve the next operation which is O.
3 + (3*3)- 3+3
3+ 9- 3+3
A is the next operation. A stands for addition. However, you will not perform the first add operation, you will perform the next addition
3 +9 - 6
In the next iteration, apply BODMAS again
A comes before S
12 - 6
Perform the subtraction
It's very confusing, but when you master BODMAS very well, you understand better.
OMG! Why have you disgraced yourself on a public forum like this. And you lament the mass failure of students in WASSCE? Right now I'm being tempted to ask how you scaled through the mathematics hurdle yourself, I have promised myself that I won't ask. Imagine, see analysis. Ah!
Diaris God o!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by mathefaro(m): 3:45am On Aug 12, 2015
jaz:
THIS THREAD IS DAMN TOO HILARIOUS! IT SHOULD BE BANNED!
seconded grin, just too funny.
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by mathefaro(m): 3:52am On Aug 12, 2015
OMG! Just can't stop laughing
slimz10:

Bro,
it does not call for insult please.
simply use BODMAS.... since there is no bracket (for B) and division. ( for D)...... then O and M= multiplication while A and S is as it is...addition and subtraction.

work it out according to the alphabet or in alternative, as the bank tru their twitter or Facebook handle the answer to that equation.

As someone who has passed through the university, I am 99.98% sure that the answer is what I quoted unless otherwise stated by the bank PEACE
Ah! @The bolded, Lobatan o.
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by mathefaro(m): 3:57am On Aug 12, 2015
As I continue to laugh at this hilarious thread, I weep for the future of this country because those arguing blindly and ignorantly here now could be school teachers cry imparting these sort of gibberish to the students

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by freeage7(m): 5:03am On Aug 12, 2015
Handsome4real:
You are wrong. You don't kno how to apply bodmas.
You should have corrected me. Can I see the correction?
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by hadura29(m): 6:00am On Aug 12, 2015
[quote author=Handsome4real post=36863675][/quote]

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 12, 2015
xenten:
T
I can the reason 61% of candidates failed the last WASC. BODMAS means u solve any arithmetic problem by following this sequence: brackets Of division multiplication addition subtraction.
The problem is 3+ 3*3 - 3+3.
To solve this using BODMAS the O is also multiplication. Since there are no brackets, Resolve the next operation which is O.
3 + (3*3)- 3+3

3+ 9- 3+3
A is the next operation. A stands for addition. However, you will not perform the first add operation, you will perform the next addition
3 +9 - 6
In the next iteration, apply BODMAS again
A comes before S

12 - 6

Perform the subtraction

It's very confusing, but when you master BODMAS very well, you understand better.

How could you be so bold and arrogant in ignorance? Bro, you've just rewritten the basic rules of Mathematics; and for the records, maths goes far beyond BODMAS.

Let's see once again where you missed.

12-3+3 cannot be equal to 12-6...I used to make this elementary mistake in the JSS.....

12-3+3= 12+0=12 OR 9+3= 12......

Which ever way you solve it, the answer remains 12....

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 12, 2015
mathefaro:
As I continue to laugh at this hilarious thread, I weep for the future of this country because those arguing blindly and ignorantly here now could be school teachers cry imparting these sort of gibberish to the students

It's indeed very weakening that majority of us couldn't solve this basic maths problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by frisky2good(m): 7:32am On Aug 12, 2015
Where ur sense don carry u reach? Wetin u don achieve apart from say u det get small change to pay BIS since it became cheap? Ok, I challenge you to take an aptitude test of your choice and send me the link so I can also do same. Silly kid hiding behind internet to spit out sh1t from your mouth.

[quote author=Handsome4real post=36863772][/quote]
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by kaboninc(m): 8:33am On Aug 12, 2015
dagr8:

?
Are you sure you know why you have been quoting me? SMH

Go to school!
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by dagr8(m): 11:22am On Aug 12, 2015
@kaboninc
Please don't quote me again since you cant use your brain.
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by osemwengie1: 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2015
Those of you that introduced bracket into the equation, see if you can get the question when you open open the bracket. for instance -3+ 3 is not -(3+3) because if you open the bracket, you get -3-3. However -3+3 is -(3-3) which is same as -3+3. This were those getting six are getting it wrong.
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Handsome4real(m): 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
frisky2good:
Where ur sense don carry u reach? Wetin u don achieve apart from say u det get small change to pay BIS since it became cheap? Ok, I challenge you to take an aptitude test of your choice and send me the link so I can also do same. Silly kid hiding behind internet to spit out sh1t from your mouth.

Point of correction I don't use BIS but Android subscription. Also I'm an adult and not a kid. I wrote WAEC ten years ago so you should Dobale. You don't have simple arithmetic skills and you still displaying more foolishness. I pity you.
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Handsome4real(m): 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2015
[quote author=hadura29 post=36865864][/quote]
Olodo rabata.. The answer is 12.

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by kaboninc(m): 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2015
dagr8:
@kaboninc
Please don't quote me again since you cant use your brain.

Sharrap there.

Look at this egbeee olodo.

Go to school. olodo rabata!
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 12, 2015
kaboninc:

Sharrap there.

Look at this egbeee olodo.

Go to school. olodo rabata!

I saw his comment and just shook my head.
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by kaboninc(m): 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
dearpreye:

I saw his comment and just shook my head.

E tire me oh.

The dagr8 is still arguing ignorantly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 12, 2015
kaboninc:

E tire me oh.

You go fear fear.....We just allow them be.....someday he'll know he wa wrong. Just maybe.
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by dagr8(m): 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
kaboninc:

E tire me oh.

That is why I said you no sabi use your braingrin
What do you say I am arguing?
For your mind you want attention cheesy cheesy cheesy
I wont come to yourlevel, Iam sorry tongue
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by dagr8(m): 3:00pm On Aug 12, 2015
dearpreye:

You go fear fear.....We just allow them be.....someday he'll know he wa wrong. Just maybe.
Which comment are you referring to...you guys got me wrongly and that Kaboninc keep quoting me...SMH
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by kaboninc(m): 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
dagr8:

That is why I said you no sabi use your braingrin
What do you say I am arguing?
For your mind you want attention cheesy cheesy cheesy

Are you a woman I crave attention from?

Or a baby?

Lol
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by kaboninc(m): 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2015
dagr8:

Which comment are you referring to...you guys got me wrongly and that Kaboninc keep quoting me...SMH

You said the answer is 6 nau...abi?
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
kaboninc:

Are you a woman I crave attention from?

Or a baby?

Lol

Bro, abeg we leave this issue. It's disappointing, man.
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by dagr8(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
kaboninc:

You said the answer is 6 nau...abi?
You see your life? grin grin grin grin
Please check the genesis of my argument with the op
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by kaboninc(m): 3:20pm On Aug 12, 2015
dagr8:

You see your life? grin grin grin grin
Please check the genesis of my argument with the op

What is your answer nau
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by kaboninc(m): 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2015
dagr8:

WRONG SIR...You can't just introduce bracket...by so doing the equation is tampered with...
first thing at all is the multiplication
Correct answer is 12

Ok....I see that you were once correct.

Oops, my bad.

Am sorry!
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by dagr8(m): 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2015
kaboninc:

Ok....I see that you were once correct.

Oops, my bad.

Am sorry!
Your problem is basic understanding of English cheesy, I was not ready for argument with you that was why I ignored your first "attack".

The op said the answer is 3, I tried to correct him and then said, EVEN people who said 6 is the answer are better than him...Get it
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by kaboninc(m): 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
dagr8:

Your problem is basic understanding of English cheesy, I was not ready for argument with you that was why I ignored your first "attack".

I found my error and apologized. That is what courtesy demands.

I will advice you to choose your words carefully.
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by dagr8(m): 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2015
kaboninc:

I found my error and apologized. That is what courtesy demands.

I will advice you to choose your words carefully.
That was a banter sir...you insulted me countless number of time, right?
I am not taking offence, if you know me
PEACE
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by kaboninc(m): 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
dagr8:

That was a banter sir...you insulted me countless number of time, right?
I am not taking offence, if you know me
PEACE

Good.
Re: First Bank Simple Equation That 87% Could Not Solve. by Kutunban: 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
I just wanted a platform to share knowledge and concepts to solve issues, but unfortunately most people lack the spirit of debate and decorum, perhaps they really don't understand what education means. I got the post from first bank BBM channel which I stated clearly but to my greatest dismay some uncivilized entities decided to attack me because they felt their opinion to the answer is right which is different from mine. I would love to have a contest with those individuals on nairaland maths debate some day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Lecturer Connects Laptop To Projector & His Wallpaper Is Female Course Rep / 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. / Teacher Demands Sex From Student Of Nuco Comprehensive Secondary School, Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.