Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? (2023 Views)

Prophet Oyelami (baba Alasepe) Gone To Rest In The Lord. / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by Recognise: 1:11pm On Mar 22, 2009
[size=14pt]Reality TV star Jade Goody dies [/size]
Page last updated at 11:18 GMT, Sunday, 22 March 2009

Reality TV star Jade Goody has died at the age of 27.

She died at home with her family in Upshire, Essex, in the early hours of Sunday after a high-profile battle with cervical cancer.

Her mother Jackiey Budden, who was at her side as she died, said: "My beautiful daughter is at peace."

Prime Minister Gordon Brown said he was "deeply saddened" by the news and described Goody as "a courageous woman both in life and death".

"The whole country has admired her determination to provide a bright future for her children.

"She will be remembered fondly by all who knew her and her family can be extremely proud of the work she has done to raise awareness of cervical cancer, which will benefit thousands of women across the UK."

Goody shot to fame after being a contestant in the third series of Big Brother in 2002 and was taking part in a version of the show in India last year when she was told of her illness.

The disease spread to her liver, groin and bowel and she was told it was terminal in February.

The star had been treated at the Royal Marsden Hospital in west London but wanted "to spend all the time she had got left" with new husband Jack Tweed and sons, Bobby, five, and Freddy, four.

Goody died at home at 0314 GMT on Mother's Day. Her body was taken out of her home shortly before 0800 GMT.

Speaking outside the home, Ms Budden said: "Family and friends would like privacy at last."

Mourners started arriving at the house to pay tribute to Goody within minutes of the news breaking.

Jackie Marron, who was among those leaving floral tributes at the gates, described Goody's work to highlight the risks of cancer as an "inspiration".

"The way she's done her things is absolutely fantastic,  her courage, her guts," she added.

The star had been christened in a 20-minute ceremony at the Royal Marsden on 7 March while in a wheelchair and was assisted by nurses during the service.

Media interest

Goody's illness had featured in the media on a daily basis over recent weeks.

She married partner Jack Tweed on 21 February at Down Hall Country House Hotel in Essex. OK! magazine paid a reported £700,000 to cover the event.

Goody stipulated that the entire amount should be passed on to her sons.

The wedding was also filmed as part of a documentary series following the star and was screened on digital channel Living.

Goody, originally from Bermondsey, south London, was initially famous for showing poor general knowledge on Big Brother. She was later accused of being racist towards Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty during a celebrity version of the show.

However, public opinion softened when the star became ill.

She was open about wanting to exploit media interest in her battle with cancer to raise public awareness of the disease and prevent other women from suffering her fate.

Mr Clifford said: "I think she's going to be remembered as a young girl who has, and who will, save an awful lot of lives.

"She was a very, very brave girl and she faced her death in the way she faced her whole life - full on, with a lot of courage."

Cancer Research UK chief executive Harpal Kumar said: "Her brave battle with an aggressive form of cervical cancer has received widespread public attention and encouraged thousands of women to seek advice on how to prevent the disease.

"She has done a great public service by raising awareness of the importance of screening during her last few months of life."

'Celebration of life'

Phil Gould, associate editor of OK magazine, said: "Most women that I know who are in their 20s have now gone for smear tests or are trying to get smear tests because of what's happened to Jade."

Even in death the cameras will remain firmly fixed on Goody as preparations are made for her funeral.

Before she died she told those around her she wanted the service to be a "celebration" of her life.

"She wants it to be a big celebration because it's her final farewell to everybody," Mr Clifford said.

Describing the funeral as a "Jade Goody Production", he said the funeral cortege would process through Loughton - near her home in Upshire, Essex - after church service. No date for the service has yet been set.

Mr Clifford said Goody's children had known their mother was seriously ill.

"She sat down and explained that Mummy was going to heaven and that heaven is where people who are ill go to get better," he said. <<<<shocked shocked

"She said when they look in the sky and see a star, that's Mummy looking down." <<<<shocked shocked

He added that he hoped Goody's family would be left in peace to grieve.

TV presenter Jeff Brazier, the father of Goody's two sons, said he was "devastated" at Jade's death.

"I'm grateful the boys were able to say their goodbyes and spend that precious time with their wonderful mother," he said.

"Bobby and Freddie are my absolute priority and I will be doing everything I can to be their rock and to give them all my love and support to get them through a confusing and upsetting time."

Tweed, 21, is awaiting sentence after he was found guilty of attacking a taxi driver and threatening to stab him after leaving a club in Essex last year.

He was jailed for 18 months last September after assaulting a teenager with a golf club.

SOURCE: Click here
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by saraj(f): 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2009
I'd be surprised if she didn't. The way she dealt with her illness was very brave. I also believe she has saved many lives by raising awareness of cervical cancer among young women and all young people in general. Cancer just dosen't happen to people over 40. It can happen at any age. I heard that the amount of smear tests carried out in the UK in the last 3 months have gone up 200 percent or something due to her public illness which is great. I also heard she was reading the bible vigirously throughout her illness so she might have redeemed herself.
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by PastorAIO: 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2009
Not here too!! Please stop it already. what was the point of Jade Goody? Okay everyone has a right to live, okay poor creature had cancer, but so what? There are many people with Cancer dying everyday. Why is she been pushed in my face? All of them the WAGS, THE CHAVS, THE 'CELEBRITIES' that have done nothing to be celebrated . . . They can't die soon enough in my opinion. God forgive me.
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by MrCrackles(m): 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2009
sara j:

I'd be surprised if she didn't. The way she dealt with her illness was very brave. I also believe she has saved many lives by raising awareness of cervical cancer among young women and all young people in general. Cancer just dosen't happen to people over 40. It can happen at any age. I heard that the amount of smear tests carried out in the UK in the last 3 months have gone up 200 percent or something due to her public illness which is great. I also heard she was reading the bible vigirously throughout her illness so she might have redeemed herself.

You dont go to heaven on the basis of dealing with an illness in a brave way!
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by MrCrackles(m): 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2009
Topic

Jade Goody~RIP

As for heaven, God knows best!

Absolutely not for any human being to conclude on!
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by saraj(f): 6:11pm On Mar 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

Well it definently won't send you to hell either. Courage and bravery are one of the most important credentials to get you into heaven, I'm sure. I'm sure many other people would be feeling sorry for themselves and turn against God. Thats why so many people probably go to hell.
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by Recognise: 7:05pm On Mar 22, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Not here too!! Please stop it already. What was the point of Jade Goody? 

@Pastor AIO

My lord and fellow peer.

Someone has to drop Jane GOODY in here at some stage, either sooner or later, innit?

What's the point of Jade Goody you asked.

Stung by death at 27.

Hope she made peace with God before exiting

MrCrackles:

MrCrackles:

Topic

Jade Goody~RIP

@MrCrackles

Absolutely . . .

sara j:

Well it definently won't send you to hell either.

Courage and bravery are one of the most important credentials to get you into heaven, I'm sure.

I'm sure many other people would be feeling sorry for themselves and turn against God.

Thats why so many people probably go to hell.

@Sara j (f)

Hmm, not entirely convinced its a one way street.

Its likely two ways, either turn against or turn around to God.

Such death especially at a young age certainly will set people off reflecting on life - about now, after death and eternity . . .

Recognise:

"She sat down and explained that Mummy was going to heaven and that heaven is where people who are ill go to get better," he said. <<<<shocked shocked

"She said when they look in the sky and see a star, that's Mummy looking down." <<<<shocked shocked

Was expecting reactions or comments to the above white lies black lies OK whatever drivel (i.e. the above poppycock - indicated by my chevrons and shocking smiley)

If she didn’t know where she’ll be after death
instead of perpetrating this in likes of Santa Klauss-cum-Tooth Fairy monstrosity fib
why didn’t she better ask somebody or simply keep shtum, hmm?

Preposterous claims, absolutely shocking . . . 
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by redsun(m): 7:21pm On Mar 22, 2009
Her death just show how vain the whole shit of celebrity is all about and as well as  the devastating effects of cancer,worst than aids

And i personally believe that all the cosmetics,chemicals in food,drinks and cleaning agents are the main causes of this flesh eating cancers.

And for some reasons,most white people don't rinse their plates and utensils after washing with chemical,they seems to feel at home with chemicals and any reasonable mind can tell they are dangerous,just as they kill the so-called germs and bacterial,so they kill humans slowly
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by Recognise: 7:30pm On Mar 22, 2009
redsun:

Her death just show how vain the whole shit of celebrity is all about and as well as  the devastating effects of cancer,worst than aids

And I personally believe that all the cosmetics, chemicals in food, drinks and cleaning agents are the main causes of this flesh eating cancers.

And for some reasons, most white people don't rinse their plates and utensils after washing with chemical, they seems to feel at home with chemicals and any reasonable mind can tell they are dangerous, just as they kill the so-called germs and bacterial, so they kill humans slowly

@Redsun

True about the chemicals and processed foods etc
but is your assertion concerning "white people" only
because I know of a handful of Naija ladies that got horribly snatched by death cum cancer before their prime
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by JJYOU: 7:37pm On Mar 22, 2009
redsun:

And i personally believe that all the cosmetics,chemicals in food,drinks and cleaning agents are the main causes of this flesh eating cancers.

And for some reasons,most white people don't rinse their plates and utensils after washing with chemical,they seems to feel at home with chemicals and any reasonable mind can tell they are dangerous,just as they kill the so-called germs and bacterial,so they kill humans slowly

where did you see
most white people don't rinse their plates and utensils after washing with chemical
what would be the reason? most have running water 24/7. i am yet to see one
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by redsun(m): 7:43pm On Mar 22, 2009
Few years ago,cancer was more or less a strange thing in nigeria,but with the growing pollutions through industrializations,mad commercializations and chemical proliferation,couple with little or no ethical control,cancer in africa will soon overtake the west
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by redsun(m): 7:53pm On Mar 22, 2009
I could go a whole week without having anything to do with a black person,but i deal with white people every day,i can rightly say i know them in-toto
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by Enigma(m): 8:36pm On Mar 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic

Jade Goody~RIP

Very well said, MrCrackles!

RIP Jade Goody

"Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?" from Genesis 18:25.
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by saraj(f): 1:07am On Mar 23, 2009
Maybe God chose her to show the world that no one is invincible. I mentioned in a previous post that cervical screening in the UK has gone up 200 percent in the last 3 months. It is a very common form of cancer that can easily be treated if it is caught early. The good thing about celebrities is that people take notice. Do you think if a non celebrity went to the press and tried to raise awareness about the cancer that many people would take notice? But she made a big impact and could have possibly saved lives. Thats the way the world is today whether in the West or the developing world.
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by luvbooks(f): 1:54am On Mar 23, 2009
As regards whether she went to heaven or not, all I can say is that I heard she got baptized with her sons before she died, however, if she had actually given her life to Christ is another issue, and that is the only way I know you can go to heaven. If she had'nt done that, then I'm afraid she might have gone to hell.
sara j:

Errr, no, going to heaven for doing good deeds is another type of religion altogether, it's called Buddhism. And their version of heaven is called "Nirvana" , I think.

However I did notice that a lot of people seemed to hate her for some unknown reason, kinda reminds me of the terrible way Princess Diana died and how people hated her despite all she did. (And no, I am NOT comparing them to each other, or saying that they were angels/ saints , I'm just saying.)
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by saraj(f): 2:32am On Mar 23, 2009
luvbooks:

As regards whether she went to heaven or not, all I can say is that I heard she got baptized with her sons before she died, however, if she had actually given her life to Christ is another issue, and that is the only way I know you can go to heaven. If she had'nt done that, then I'm afraid she might have gone to hell. Errr, no, going to heaven for doing good deeds is another type of religion altogether, it's called Buddhism. And their version of heaven is called "Nirvana

I believe GOD chose Jade, It's not buddhism. It's real. GOD sent Jesus Christ and he died so all sins can be forgiven. It's the same concept only more insignificant. Jade may have saved alot of lives. i cannot stress that enough.

As for that so called pastor that posted that was evil. you posted a sick post and then asked God for forgiveness. You should without doubt know that you committed a sin knowingly. Any way it's not me to judge.
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by PastorAIO: 11:39am On Mar 23, 2009
sara j:

I believe GOD chose Jade, It's not buddhism. It's real. GOD sent Jesus Christ and he died so all sins can be forgiven. It's the same concept only more insignificant. Jade may have saved alot of lives. i cannot stress that enough.

As for that so called pastor that posted that was evil. you posted a sick post and then asked God for forgiveness. You should without doubt know that you committed a sin knowingly. Any way it's not me to judge.

You are right, I kinda overreacted and that was wrong. Actually my vitriol should not be directed at the celebrities themselves but rather at the shallow media that don't have anything better to talk about. What a waste of trees? Is news of Jade Goody really what we are destroying the rainforest for? Na wa o!

Anyway sha. Sorry for the Girl. As to whether she is going to heaven or hell, that is not my call.
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by huxley(m): 1:45pm On Mar 23, 2009
The cold and indifference hand of nature trods along uncompromisingly. What a shame she does not live in a community that has the likes of Pastors Chris, TB Joshua, Adeboye, Deya, Jakes, Hinn, et,c etc, who would have saved her life through the blood of Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by naijacutee(f): 2:32pm On Mar 23, 2009
redsun:

I could go a whole week without having anything to do with a black person,but i deal with white people every day,i can rightly say i know them in-toto

Please don't embarrass yourself.

Jade Goodys destination is not in our place to throw lots on, as God alone knows the state of a mans heart - the basis upon which mans final destination is determined.

Jade Goody is simply a high profile victim of the fate that befalls us all, and it would be worth considering that 8 months ago, she was totally oblivious to the fact that she wasn't going to make it through the first half of 2009. I think that instead of throwing lots, and generating irrelevancies we should start learning to embrace the fact that our days here on earth are numbered, and our actions here on earth really do matter.
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by redsun(m): 3:57pm On Mar 23, 2009
What is your problem with the statement?Of course i deal with them every day not as friends or mates but as partners in what ever that needs done.I don't believe in having white friends as a black person,except white women,which is totally a different case.

English men are back stabbers,nice in your presence but monstrous at your back.

Moreover,i don't get in-touch with a black person for the sake of being black,there have to be the need for it
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by JustGood(m): 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2009
Courage and bravery are one of the most important credentials to get you into heaven, I'm sure. I'm sure many other people would be feeling sorry for themselves and turn against God. Thats why so many people probably go to hell.

Absolutely nonsensical. Where does the Bible make such claim?
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by naijacutee(f): 11:47am On Mar 24, 2009
redsun:

What is your problem with the statement?Of course i deal with them every day not as friends or mates but as partners in what ever that needs done.I don't believe in having white friends as a black person,except white women,which is totally a different case.

English men are back stabbers,nice in your presence but monstrous at your back.

Moreover,i don't get in-touch with a black person for the sake of being black,there have to be the need for it

Hmm, how do I say this?

Spending time with a few "white people" doesn't mean that "white people" all act like the "white people" you know. Just the same as:-

- Not all nigerians are fraudsters
- Not all "white men" are rich
- Not all black americans men play basketball
- Not all chinese people eat frogs
- Not all indians like indian movies
- Not all latino women are pretty

Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by origina9ja(f): 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2009
maybe the issue could be well talked about when we all die and know watup
how the hell can we know when we haven't die before
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by luvbooks(f): 7:27pm On Mar 24, 2009
@ Sara J;
I do understand what you mean,  but what I was trying to correct was what you said earlier on, about how her saving people, reading her Bible and being brave about her situation may have granted her access to heaven.   The Bible says in John 14:6  ;
   " Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life; no one cometh to the Father, but by me."
  In other words, there is NO OTHER PATH!  All others lead to misguided beliefs, and ultimately, to hell. However, we cannot tell,  hopefully she may have heard    (and believed ) in the Gospel, and given her life to Jesus before she died.

LOL @ Redsun and Naijacutee's argument,  but seriously though, I dont think Redsun was trying to generalize all white people, and besides, I have to admit that she's right . I'm in uni abroad and my housemates are white,  and honestly, I had to stop them using my things because they either half- wash them, ( leave some of the dirt and grease on it so its only partially clean) or wash them but don't rinse them properly so that you can still see soap suds on the pot which has supposedly been washed.

Quote from Redsun : " Englishmen are like backstabbers , nice in your presence but monstrous at your back"

Hmm, I can see a little generalization in this instance, but if you look at the way they actually treat each other, even their celebs, then I think you'll get what she's trying to say. No offence to all the Englishmen out there!!!
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by redsun(m): 1:45am On Mar 28, 2009
White people are small talkers,always having something to gossip or conspire about,about people.

Why should my generalization of white people be embarrassing when all they think of blackman is backwardness with no exceptions,and we don't seem to prove them wrong,we are still worrying about what they think and still following blindly.

Seeing is believing,they generally think it is normal to wash plates without rinsing,probably they think the detergents will be more active on the germs when if it is not rinsed,always afraid of germs as if they are not part of nature.

Industrial chemicals are alien to man,it should be used with caution.
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by Horus(m): 2:31am On Mar 28, 2009
Jade Goody has died,so what??.Millions of Africans childrens have died,why dont we talk about them in the media??.
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by Recognise: 10:18am On Mar 28, 2009
Horus:

Jade Goody has died, so what??.

Millions of Africans childrens have died,

Why dont we talk about them in the media??.

from Recognise on March 22, 2009, 01:11 PM

"She sat down and explained that Mummy was going to heaven and that heaven is where people who are ill go to get better," he said.
[size=20pt]<<<< shocked shocked [/size]

"She said when they look in the sky and see a star, that's Mummy looking down." [size=20pt]<<<<shocked shocked [/size]

@Horus

Don't get your knickers in a twist mate . . .

Didn't you read, one was expecting reactions or comments to the above white lies, black lies, OK, whatever drivel (i.e. the above poppycocks - indicated by my chevrons and shocking smiley)

If she didn’t know where she’ll be after death
instead of perpetrating this in likes of Santa Klauss-cum-Tooth Fairy monstrosity fib
why didn’t she better ask somebody or simply keep shtum, hmm?

Preposterous claims, absolutely shocking . . . 
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by redsun(m): 1:49pm On Mar 28, 2009
Our ancestors have more practical and realistic views about heaven and after life,hence the ancestoral worships and reverences in african traditional religion and beliefs,we are in constant communication with our dead loved ones through rituals and incantations,believing they are in a higher realm and watching over us.,even judging us.

Jade's heavenly dwelling will depend on how long her memories lingers on in the mind of the people.Legacy is heaven.
Re: Jade GOODY Died Today - Has She Really Gone To Heaven? by blacksta(m): 5:23pm On Mar 28, 2009
huxley:

The cold and indifference hand of nature trods along uncompromisingly. What a shame she does not live in a community that has the likes of Pastors Chris, TB Joshua, Adeboye, Deya, Jakes, Hinn, et,c etc, who would have saved her life through the blood of Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus.

What the thousands of pastors in the u.k

(1) (Reply)

Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? / Thank You Athiest / Watching Po*rn*graphy Is Not A Sin!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.