Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. (23687 Views)

Suggestion On Alternative To Dstv / How To Subscribe To Dstv Mobile On Samsung TV / Canal Reunion, Parabole Reunion And Zuku Cccam Package (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by pofolo(m): 10:51pm On Aug 09, 2015
for discussions on canal sat , CTL, metro , midland and other pay TV that are cheaper than DSTV subscription for mostly football watching......

let's discuss them here.
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by pafra(m): 11:00pm On Aug 09, 2015
is CTL in warri/ughelli? urgent please
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by pofolo(m): 11:07pm On Aug 09, 2015
A lot of people haven’t heard of CTL Nigeria, and that’s
understandable. But CTL Nigeria is not a new kid on
the block when it comes to provision of Cable
Television Services in Nigeria.
Communication Trends Limited (CTL) first started out
in 1994. CTL started out strong and was quite popular
at the time until they ran into some problems which
took several years to solve.
Now, the company is back on its feet and is even better
than it used to be. CTL has now come with wide
coverage, cheap decoders and subscription packages
as well as a large variety of entertainment and sports
channels.
Coverage
CTL has a very wide coverage with a presence in most
major cities in Nigeria. Some of the cities where you
are sure to find CTL coverage in Nigeria include
Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Akwa Ibom, Benin, Bayelsa,
Delta, Aba, Owerri, Lagos, Warri and several other
cities.
Decoder and Installation
CTL decoder is really cheap compared to the costs of
decoder for some other major Satellite Television
services providers. You can get a CTL decoder for
between N8, 000 and N15, 000. This cost also covers
for the antenna which is very effective and gives clear
and sharp signals.
You can get the decoder from any of their dealers or
you can call their customer support centre to find out
the address of the closest dealer to you. Their contact
details are;
Phone Number: +234 802 8736388 or +234
Email address: info@trendtv.tv .
Although CTL is quite easy to install, the dealers and
agents also offer installation services so you can get
assistance for installation of your new CTL cable from
them.
Bouquets
CTL subscription costs N2, 800 per month although
when you pay for 3 months subscription at once, you
would only have to pay N7, 000.
Channels
CTL is certainly a bargain. It offers about 56 solid
channels across different genres. There are several
sports channels, musical channels, religious channels,
Fashion channels, Movie Channels, Children’s channels
and basically everything you would need.
For just N2, 800 per month, you get the following
channels Sound City, Channels TV, MBC Action, Natgeo
Wild, NTA, Star movie, Nollywood, Bloomberg, Emerald,
Mtv and Mtv base, CNN, Aljazeera, Bollywood, Emerald
Tv, Fox and Fox movie, BET, CCTV News, Cartoon
Network, Dubai one, AIT Sport, TBN, Makosa, City TV,
Joy sport, series, France 24, dove vision, GH one and
all popular sport channels.
How to Subscribe
You don’t have to go through any stress at all to
subscribe. Subscription is done through purchase of
recharge pins which you can get from any of the dealer
outlets.
When you scratch the card to reveal the pin, simply
send the following text message from your mobile
phone;
VCR {PIN} CA [Smart Card Number}
The number to send to is 32818.
You would immediately get a response saying that your
voucher has been assigned to your smart card
successfully
CTL Customer Service
If you have any enquiries or complaints, you can
contact the CTL customer service centre on
08028736388 or 08058736388.

NOTE : Guess the above write up is outdated, but is all I could get on CTL tonight
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by pofolo(m): 11:13pm On Aug 09, 2015
To be honest and sincere, cheap satellite service packages are not alien to Afrrica or Nigeria. When you talk of news, documentary, movies and drama, we have several satellite service providers that can tackle dstv. However the problem is majorly with channles that shows live channels across all leagues. Mytv Africa is absolutely useless when it comes to live league games. startimes is trying but not there yet. Daarsat is now an FTA satellite provider. Infinity tv is not actually getting it right. You can’t expect too much from multitv because it is a free to air channel. That makes dst* multichoice the colossus and a tyrant(The best competitor dst8 ever had was the defunct hitv). The satellie service provider am trying to introduce tou today has been in operation since 1994. They started so strong, later they had little problem but now they are fully back In case you don’t know, CTL opens all beinsports on Nilesat i mean t currently opens Beinsports 1 – 12 HD . CTL decoder is great and it as all what you need to do is to get the decoder at around #8,000 to N15,000k and then you will be paying small monthly subscription of there subscription is 2,800 per month. but if you pay for 3 months, it will cost 7,000 ..You don’t need any dish as it came with an antenna just like startimes and gotv.The signal is clear and sharp. The only issue is that the CTL operator are available in portharcourt, akwa ibom, Benin, Ibadan, Lagos, Owerri, Aba, Delta, bayelsa and basically all south southern cities of Nigeria. How i wish then can cover the whole of Nigeria. I enjoyed their channel more than DSTV in term of sport. they show virtually all the EPL matches, La liga, german league, Seria A, champion league, Europa league, FA cup, carling cup etc. they are the best for the lovers of football at minimum price. there are about 56 channels mostly premium channels from the middle east these channels cut across everything u will need in a cable TVi.e news, movies (Nollywood and Hollywood), musical channels, cartoons for children and christian TV. i learnt dst* sometime sue them to court which they won the case and make the company to operate legally in the south south of Nigeria. honestly they are very economical and affordable for low income earners. i only hope they can spread to other part of the country and compete with dst* but for now it still operate in the southern nigeria. it will interest you to know that there are other three companies that offers similar service with comparable channels and well affordable. the companies are cmtv, metro digital and CAN TV . they all use terrestrial decoders with antenna. THEIR CHANNELS LISTS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWINGS: All beinsport channels. others are cnn, bbc, aljazera, mbc 2,4 and mbc action and max, ait, channels tv, mtv, mtv base, nta, sound city, joy sport, dubai sport 1, ad sport 6, tbn, ewtn, cn, natgeo wild, wwe, ait sport, dubai one, cctv news, joy tv, dove vision, france 24, Emerald, city tv, igbo tv, bollywood, series, 4kids, sony, star movie, star world, natgeo, bloomberg, nollywood, discovery, makosa, fox, fox movie, child, bet, e channel and gh one. How To Subscribe? Subscribing to CTL is by Recharge pins which can be purchased from CTL dealers and Union Bank branches. You load the recharge pin as follows: Compose an SMS on your mobile phone with the format: VCR followed by space Enter the Pin number revealed on the CTL recharge card followed by space. Type CA followed by space and enter your Smart card number. That is: VCR [Pin Number] CA [Smart Card Number] For Example: VCR 123456789012 CA 01398123456-9 Send to 32818 On successful processing of your recharge you will get the response: Voucher was assigned to your smart card succesfully. Entitlement is sent smart card no. SOME LOCATIONS OF SOME DEALERS WHERE YOU CAN GET THIS DECODERS NOTE: anywhere they have am office, they will operate there. Trend Media Centre Plot 8 Violet Yough Close Victoria Island Lagos, Nigeria CTL Emporium: Plot 57 Woji Road, GRA Phase ii Port Harcourt Nigeria TELEPHONE: Support Centre: Nigeria: 0802 87363888 / 0805 8736388 International +234 802 8736388 CTL AFRICA DIRECT LINE . Nigeria: 08104631617 International: +234 8104631617 Email: info@trendtv.tv CTL CONTACTS. DEALERS Port Harcourt- CTL Emporium: Plot 57 Woji Road, GRA Phase ii Abuja- CTL House: 19 Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse 2 Lagos – Trend Media Center: plot 8, violet yough close, off Ademola Adetokunbo street, Victoria island Enugu – 50 Zik Avenue, Uwani Owerri – 30AWetheral Road Warri – 3, Eku House, 6 Effurum/Sapele Road, Enerhen Junction. Benin – Sir David Osunde Foundation House, 29A Uwa street (btw 2nd & 3rd East circular Road) Ibadan – 9th floor,cocoa house,dugbe,ibadan Tel 08022924925 Jos – 2A Ibrahim Tawio Road Umuahia – 2c Aba Road Onitsha – 4, Oguta Road opp. B.M.G.S UYO – 111, Atiku Abubakar Avenue
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by pofolo(m): 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2015
www.nairaland.com/631544/ctl-rocks-now

follow the above link for more on CTL
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by pofolo(m): 11:29pm On Aug 09, 2015
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by Sheggy13(m): 8:11pm On Aug 10, 2015
pofolo:
https://www.nairaland.com/99892/metrodigital-new-cable-service-provider

www​. metro digital.tv/

for metro....
Which among this CTL and metrodigital can work in Ondo state, or the SW; and do they both show EPL. La liga and Champions league steady?
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by macdot(m): 2:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
Is CTL in Gwagwalada and how can I make it work here?
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by Patriciio: 6:07am On Aug 23, 2015
Is CTL operational in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by mecussey(m): 9:50am On Sep 16, 2015
Does canalsat show all the league matches?
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by pofolo(m): 10:55am On Sep 16, 2015
mecussey:
Does canalsat show all the league matches?

yes
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by mecussey(m): 11:37am On Sep 16, 2015
pofolo:

yes

So how come pple are not using it in Nigeria, I am sure its not up to half of the cost of dstv premium
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by pofolo(m): 11:42am On Sep 16, 2015
mecussey:

So how come pple are not using it in Nigeria, I am sure its not up to half of the cost of dstv premium

language barrier I guess.
canalsat is French.
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by mecussey(m): 11:54am On Sep 16, 2015
pofolo:

language barrier I guess. canalsat is French.
watin i wan use language do....do you know how much?

1 Like

Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by tunde300us(m): 4:21pm On Nov 24, 2015
I have gone tru their website and not one mention of any sport station was mentiioned,where does this OP get all this info from.Maybe there is something i am not getting from his explanation.
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by pofolo(m): 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
tunde300us:
I have gone tru their website and not one mention of any sport station was mentiioned,where does this OP get all this info from.Maybe there is something i am not getting from his explanation.

which of d website ?
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by tunde300us(m): 10:31am On Dec 02, 2015
trendtv.tv isn that the website that was quoted in the post ?
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by astanco(m): 5:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
I know of metro. It is hugely popular in Awka, Anambra state. They show virtually all the matches
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by j9tin: 11:45am On Jul 08, 2016
hello hause, i've just call the two digital tv company askn if they operate in lagos and they said, they don't operate in lagos for now.
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by j9tin: 11:46am On Jul 08, 2016
hello hause, i've just call the two digital tv (ctl and metro) company askn if they operate in lagos and they said, they don't operate in lagos for now.
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by aroseyi(m): 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
I have Cccam account for canal reunion parabole and zap Angola

Test also available

If you need it
Whatsapp: +2348062272279
Mail: ancl1860@gmail.com
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by aham316: 9:08am On Aug 30, 2016
Does anyone knows if Metrodigital signal is recieveable in owerri? if yes, how do one go about it? Gurus n the house your response will be most appreciated.
Re: Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. by mondob2k(m): 8:15pm On Nov 26, 2019
pofolo:
A lot of people haven’t heard of CTL Nigeria, and that’s
understandable. But CTL Nigeria is not a new kid on
the block when it comes to provision of Cable
Television Services in Nigeria.
Communication Trends Limited (CTL) first started out
in 1994. CTL started out strong and was quite popular
at the time until they ran into some problems which
took several years to solve.
Now, the company is back on its feet and is even better
than it used to be. CTL has now come with wide
coverage, cheap decoders and subscription packages
as well as a large variety of entertainment and sports
channels.
Coverage
CTL has a very wide coverage with a presence in most
major cities in Nigeria. Some of the cities where you
are sure to find CTL coverage in Nigeria include
Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Akwa Ibom, Benin, Bayelsa,
Delta, Aba, Owerri, Lagos, Warri and several other
cities.
Decoder and Installation
CTL decoder is really cheap compared to the costs of
decoder for some other major Satellite Television
services providers. You can get a CTL decoder for
between N8, 000 and N15, 000. This cost also covers
for the antenna which is very effective and gives clear
and sharp signals.
You can get the decoder from any of their dealers or
you can call their customer support centre to find out
the address of the closest dealer to you. Their contact
details are;
Phone Number: +234 802 8736388 or +234
Email address: info@trendtv.tv .
Although CTL is quite easy to install, the dealers and
agents also offer installation services so you can get
assistance for installation of your new CTL cable from
them.
Bouquets
CTL subscription costs N2, 800 per month although
when you pay for 3 months subscription at once, you
would only have to pay N7, 000.
Channels
CTL is certainly a bargain. It offers about 56 solid
channels across different genres. There are several
sports channels, musical channels, religious channels,
Fashion channels, Movie Channels, Children’s channels
and basically everything you would need.
For just N2, 800 per month, you get the following
channels Sound City, Channels TV, MBC Action, Natgeo
Wild, NTA, Star movie, Nollywood, Bloomberg, Emerald,
Mtv and Mtv base, CNN, Aljazeera, Bollywood, Emerald
Tv, Fox and Fox movie, BET, CCTV News, Cartoon
Network, Dubai one, AIT Sport, TBN, Makosa, City TV,
Joy sport, series, France 24, dove vision, GH one and
all popular sport channels.
How to Subscribe
You don’t have to go through any stress at all to
subscribe. Subscription is done through purchase of
recharge pins which you can get from any of the dealer
outlets.
When you scratch the card to reveal the pin, simply
send the following text message from your mobile
phone;
VCR {PIN} CA [Smart Card Number}
The number to send to is 32818.
You would immediately get a response saying that your
voucher has been assigned to your smart card
successfully
CTL Customer Service
If you have any enquiries or complaints, you can
contact the CTL customer service centre on
08028736388 or 08058736388.

NOTE : Guess the above write up is outdated, but is all I could get on CTL tonight

CTL has been shut down for over two weeks now. Any news on them opening soon.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help On Strong Decoder SRT 4669XII / Free Digital TV Stations On Smart Tvs Without Any Decoder. / All About Amos 17 And W3C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.