Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam (24783 Views)

Helpless Accident Victim At National Hospital Abuja / PHOTOS: Unknown Patients At National Hospital, Abuja / Unknown Patient At National Hospital, Abuja...( See His Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by missbehave247(m): 6:22am On Aug 10, 2015
A housewife, Mrs. Stella Adepegba, has accused the National Hospital, Abuja, of charging her for a medical procedure for which it had no equipment.

She added that the management of the hospital had refused to refund the N50,000 she paid for the aborted surgical operation.

Adepegba explained that she visited the hospital for a hysteroscopy procedure in May, 2015, and was asked to come for evaluation for two weeks during which she also did some laboratory tests.

She further said that after attending the medical evaluation for two weeks, she was scheduled for the operation on June 25, 2015, by one Dr. Idris.

She said, “On June 25, the day I was booked for the surgical operation, I paid the N50,000 fee and I was directed to the theatre where I waited for the doctors to commence the procedure.

“After some time, a technician who was passing by came to the theatre and asked me the procedure that I was booked for. After I told him, the man expressed surprise, saying the hysteroscopy machine had been bad for over two years and had yet to be repaired.”

According to her, the technician said another patient, who paid for the operation, had been visiting the hospital for the past two years.

“The technician said the woman had been coming to the hospital every month to check if the machine had been repaired,” she added.

Adepegba stated that she demanded a refund of her money, “but the hospital has been playing games with me.”

She explained that she was asked to write a letter for a refund, which she submitted on June 29 with the assurance that the money would be paid to her bank account within three weeks.
“Since I submitted the letter, the National Hospital, Abuja, has refused to refund the money. My husband even went to their finance department, and they said they could not find the letter again. He also made a Written complaint to the Chief Medical Director, but the money has not been refunded till date. This made me to conclude that the hospital has been scamming Nigerians by collecting money for medical procedures it lacked the capacity to do,” the mother of one said.

The woman said she had thought that the hospital would be the best in terms of facilities and services, but was disappointed at the lack of professionalism being displayed there.

When contacted, the hospital’s Corporate Communication Officer, Dr. Tayo Haastrup, said he was aware of the matter.

He said, “The finance department has been directed to fast-track the refund of Adepegba’s money.”

Cc:lalasticlala, Ishilove

Source: http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/housewife-accuses-national-hospital-of-scam/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by temmy6996(m): 6:25am On Aug 10, 2015
O ga ooooo , ao on earth will they ask someone to pay for what isn't working for over 2yrs? It is well

17 Likes

Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by HungerBAD: 6:27am On Aug 10, 2015
Even in Hospitals too?Buhari there is plenty of work to be done, and plenty of corrupt people to be sacked.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by INTROVERT(f): 6:31am On Aug 10, 2015
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by Georgekyrian(m): 7:37am On Aug 10, 2015
Fraud
Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by jidxin(m): 7:37am On Aug 10, 2015
hmmmmn
Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by Goddaughter: 7:38am On Aug 10, 2015
OK. Nowaaaaaoooooo
Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by politricks: 7:39am On Aug 10, 2015
If this is true then they messed up big time.
Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by kenny091(m): 7:39am On Aug 10, 2015
They must pay; 50 000 actual damages, 2 million punitive damages.

13 Likes

Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by Franchise21(m): 7:39am On Aug 10, 2015
OK
Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by omogidi234(m): 7:39am On Aug 10, 2015
I recommend that the CMD be questioned. I recommend that she takes legal action as well.

3 Likes

Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by femiranking28(m): 7:39am On Aug 10, 2015
If hospital would want to scam are we safe again..
Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by aspirebig: 7:40am On Aug 10, 2015
Fraud everwhere.

The heart of man is desperately wicked, not just wicked, but desperately.

This is somebody's life and health o, 50, 000k in the era of new govt and no cash flow. As in every where tight die.

3 Likes

Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by Olamitisoji(m): 7:40am On Aug 10, 2015
Ok
Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by swimcash(m): 7:40am On Aug 10, 2015
scammin ur fellow country man....dats just heartless
Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by mencade4: 7:40am On Aug 10, 2015
all these yoruba doctors and nurse sef...make.them pay her.her money jor!

3 Likes

Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by jauntty: 7:40am On Aug 10, 2015
Too bad. Corruption everywhere

She can suit the Hospital to court and get here refund plus inconvenience compensations.

This goes to show the rot in our health system., where Govt work is no man's work.

I Believe Buhari will Fix this too.
Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by Ayomax(m): 7:40am On Aug 10, 2015
Yahoo yahoo inside hospital , Lord have mercy

2 Likes

Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 10, 2015
see title... housewife .....hmm
Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by benedictnsi(m): 7:42am On Aug 10, 2015
Did you call it accused She get proofs na

1 Like

Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by Kayendy(m): 7:43am On Aug 10, 2015
D corruption is everywhere u Go.... chaayi where would una presido start
Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 10, 2015
Corruption everywhere.
Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by An2elect2(f): 7:44am On Aug 10, 2015
This is wicked. Suspect they are sourcing for fund to replace the spoilt hysteroscopy machine. But exploiting people to do this? sad
Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by dexterinc2003: 7:45am On Aug 10, 2015
very funny write up.i did my internship in national hospital abuja some years back,and i will say this problem can occur due to many reasons.
1.An house officer probably wrote this investigation for her(the rookie didnt know the test was unavailable in the hospital)
2.The cash point guy was stupid enough not to have checked the available tests(an updated list)
3.If you know how national hospital and their politics work enh,in fact ,you will know that patience is the key,everything has to go through paper work,ordinary refund,you must write letter,even medical report,that one might be 2 months.

SOLUTION;Be patient madam,and pray Buhari or the CMD restructures the system soon.
N.B;i doubt if anyone scammed you of 50k(a night of admission in the private wing was 40k,about 3 years ago).

10 Likes

Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by Dumdum217(m): 7:45am On Aug 10, 2015
Nigeria as an entity is a scam
Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by amjou: 7:47am On Aug 10, 2015
Hahahahhaha, at comments here
Re: Housewife Accuses National Hospital Of Scam by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 10, 2015
mencade4:
all these yoruba doctors and nurse sef...make.them pay her.her money jor!
boss..av you taken your pills?

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Oldest Person With Sickle - Asiata Onikoyi-laguda / Woman Pictured Holding Own Heart After Transplant / Oluh Tochukwu, IMSUTH Doctor Returns N2.7m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.